Here at Mattress Advisor, we’re kind of obsessed with sleep. And we’re committed to helping our readers find their best sleep possible.
Who we are
We’re not sleep experts, and we don’t have PhDs in sleep disorders. We’re parents, schedule jugglers, recovering victims of all-nighters, procrastinators and overachievers…so we know a practical thing or two about the importance of a good night’s sleep. And we know first-hand how critical a good mattress is to getting quality sleep.
That’s why we’re relentless in our pursuit of providing the most comprehensive, to-the-point, and unbiased reviews of the best mattresses and bedding accessories on the market.
What you can expect to find on our site
On our site, you’ll find:
- Mattress basics, like cleaning your mattress and when it’s time for a new one
- Guides to help you choose the right mattress for your needs and personal preference
- Product reviews on popular mattresses to help you choose the best bed for your sleeping needs
- In Real Life mattress reviews – interviews with real people who have owned their mattress for at least a month
- Verified Consumer Reviews – real, unbiased reviews from verified buyers sourced by us
- Guides and reviews on popular bedding accessories, like sheets, mattress toppers and pillows
We take the guesswork out of the buying process by thoroughly researching and testing dozens of different mattress and bedding products so you don’t have to. We know that this process can be overwhelming, and we thought it was about time someone made it simple, and maybe even a little fun.
How we review the products we feature
We use a combination of customer reviews, in-depth customer interviews, and a proprietary testing methodology to conduct our reviews.
Each mattress we get in hand will go through a thorough 6-point testing procedure and 8-point evaluation in our Mattress Lab. The same precise methodology is applied to all mattresses we test.
After we conclude our testing for each mattress (which we’ll film and publish), we will generate our Mattress Advisor Score. This is a weighted score that takes into account 14 different factors related to performance, function, convenience and the brand’s mission including:
- Pressure relief: How well the mattress relieves pressure, (particularly on the hips, shoulders and thighs) and provides even body weight distribution.
- Spinal alignment: How well the mattress keeps your spine in its natural alignment.
- Edge support: How much edge support the mattress provides, accounting for functional use of the end of the mattress and how comfortable it is to sleep on the edge of the bed.
- Responsiveness/ease of movement: How well the mattress responds to your movement and adjusts to your body position.
- Motion transfer: How well the mattress performs in isolating the feeling of movement and absorbing motion (if your sleeping partner is moving, how little disturbance you feel).
- Durability/lifespan: Quality and durability of materials, structural support, and expected lifespan of the mattress.
- Cooling properties: How well the mattress promotes airflow and breathability, factoring in heat retention and any substantive cooling properties/features.
- Ease of set-up: How easy the set-up process is, including factors like weight, mobility, the time it takes to unbox and set up, and how many people are needed.
- Trial period: Length of time offered to decide whether or not you like the mattress.
- Refund policy: Ease of return process including refund policy and how the mattress is removed from your home.
- Warranty: Length of warranty and what is covered.
- Shipping: Time and cost (if any) for shipping the mattress to your home.
- Customer service: Response time, level of detail provided to answer questions, how helpful the support team is.
- Social impact: Social missions, charitable causes, sustainability efforts.
Each of these factors is rated on a scale from 1-10 and then weighted based on importance to generate the Mattress Advisor Score. The score will be a quick and easy way for you to compare different mattresses that have been through our rigorous testing, and take a closer look at how it performs on the factors that are most important to you.
We invite you to take a look at our product review schedule, which outlines when you can expect the in-depth review and scoring to be complete for each mattress. If you have suggestions on what we should review first, simply upvote that brand or leave us a note in the comments.
How you can help
As we continue to grow this community of sleepers and dreamers, we welcome and appreciate your feedback, questions, concerns and suggestions. This site was created for you, so we want you to get the most out of it.
We encourage you to follow us on social media to stay up to date on the latest content, reviews, and mattress news, and to spread the word amongst your friends and family.
The Mattress Advisor Team