Mattress Advisor exists to help you, our readers, find your sleep. We are committed, above all else, to delivering clear, authoritative, unbiased guides and reviews for mattresses and related bedding products.
We have a strong, unwavering commitment to transparency. We can only help consumers make better, more informed decisions if they trust us. So, it’s important you know that we may receive compensation from mattress companies and other online retailers if our readers click on links to their sites or purchase their products. Put simply, it’s how we earn money. Mattress Advisor is, and always will be, free to consumers. Any incentives we receive from the brands we review help our team deliver more (and better) content, creative, and digital tools to our visitors.
We take our legal and moral duty to our visitors seriously. Here’s a bit more you should know about Mattress Advisor:
Mattress Advisor was founded and is controlled by principals of Three Ships LLC. Three Ships LLC is the controlling shareholder of several digital businesses, including CRISP, an advertising agency that serves diverse clients, including financial services, retail, and technology companies. CRISP does not currently work with mattress companies, but may in the future.
Mattress Advisor works with mattress companies in the following ways:
- We may have cost-per-click, affiliate fee, and/or revenue share arrangements with various mattress companies. In no uncertain terms, this compensation has no influence on the product reviews and guides we publish.
- We may also receive products free of charge from mattress companies for the purpose of conducting reviews or tests to include on our site. Similarly, these contributions in no way influence the content or creative we publish and certainly do not guarantee a positive review of that product.
- We may create and sell advertising units, including but not limited to onsite display and email remarketing, to mattress companies. Compensation for those units may include cost-per-impression, cost-per-click, affiliate fee, and/or revenue share arrangements. Any compensation associated with advertising sales has no influence on our editorial team’s review of any products included on our website.
- Leesa Sleep LLC is a minority, non-control shareholder in Mattress Advisor. Leesa Sleep LLC does not have a board seat and does not participate in management decision-making. Additionally, it has made a legally binding representation that it will not attempt to influence our editorial independence.
Whenever you see a review for a company with whom Mattress Advisor has any financial affiliation, you will find the following statement on the page, including a link to this complete disclosure: “By clicking on the product links in this article, Mattress Advisor may receive a commission fee at no cost to you, the reader. Read full disclosure statement.” If Mattress Advisor or any entities affiliated with its founders, managers or employees, provide direct marketing services to mattress companies in the future, it will be clearly and conspicuously disclosed here.
There are several important steps we have taken to ensure honest and independent product reviews:
- Our Board will always be composed of founders and managers who do not own any equity or debt securities in mattress companies. Mattress Advisor’s Board of Managers currently includes founders Zach Clayton and Todd Alexander. Any additional managers appointed by the founders will be independent and unaffiliated with any mattress company.
- Our Board has adopted an Editorial Integrity policy, which ensures our editorial team does not receive information on the financial arrangements we may have with mattress companies, or undue pressure in our coverage of them.
- We sought the advice of independent mattress experts in creating our objective review standards – which we may occasionally amend, but will always explain clearly to our readers and carry out with the highest integrity.
Finally, Mattress Advisor also publishes consumer reviews. We think it’s important for our readers to hear from other similar shoppers and sleepers who have tried the products we include on our site. In addition to sharing or reporting on reviews collected by mattress brands or their affiliated distributors, Mattress Advisor will also source its own, proprietary reviews with the help of independent, third-party research and data analytics providers. We call these our Mattress Advisor Verified Reviews. We’ll always clearly distinguish between our own editorial content and customer sourced reviews. It’s also important to keep in mind that, while the experience of other customers can be useful when making a purchase decision, your own experience may be very different.
Check out our Editorial Integrity policy, and please don’t hesitate to reach out to our team if you have any questions or concerns about how we create, curate, and publish information about the products you’ll find on Mattress Advisor. Thank you for visiting us. We hope you find your sleep during your stay!
The Mattress Advisor Team