Amerisleep Mattress Return Policy Breakdown
Jan 19th, 2021 •
If you’re reading this, you’re probably interested in one of Amerisleep’s high quality mattress models. Lucky for you, Amerisleep offers a 100-night trial period for all of their mattresses, plus easy returns.
Grab your cup of coffee and sit back, because we’ve read all the fine print for Amerisleep’s return policy and have decoded it for you here. In this breakdown, you’ll learn about the sleep trial, how to initiate a return or exchange, and how the return policy changes once you graduate to the 20-year warranty.
100-Night Sleep Trial Period
The Mattress Return Process
Amerisleep has a dedicated support team based in Arizona. They are available from 10AM-8PM PST over phone, email, or chat on Amerisleep’s website. Here’s a step-by-step guide for how to return your Amerisleep mattress within the trial period:
- Reach out to the Amerisleep support time by phone at 800-500-4233 or email at email@example.com. Let the team know that you’d like to return your mattress, and be sure to include your order number in the message.
- Your customer care rep will work with you to resolve any issues that may be causing difficulties with your mattress. For example, if your mattress is too firm, some companies (like Amerisleep) will ship you a plush mattress model to change the firmness level to medium-soft.
- If you want to continue with the return, the team will work with you to schedule a mattress pick-up at no cost to you. Don’t worry about repacking the mattress; just take off all of your bedding and move the mattress to the curb in front of your residence.
- After your mattress is picked up, you’ll get a full refund back to your original form of payment within 10-14 business days. It’s that simple!
The Exchange Process
Sometimes you like a mattress brand but are uncomfortable on a particular model. If you want to exchange your current mattress for a different size or firmer or softer model, you can do so during the 100-night trial period. The exchange process is similar to the return process. Follow the steps below, and you’ll have the best mattress for you in a jiffy.
- Within the trial period, reach out to the Amerisleep support team at 800-500-4233 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Let them know you’d like to exchange your current Amerisleep model for a different one.
- The team will work with you to make sure you are getting the best new mattress for your needs. They may ask about your sleeping position or environment. For example, if you are a side sleeper who has a firm mattress, they’ll likely recommend a medium-firm or soft mattress that better cushions your pressure points.
- Amerisleep will ship you your new mattress and arrange for your original mattress to be picked up and recycled.
- Once your old mattress is picked up, you’ll receive a full refund for the original mattress or be charged the difference between the two mattress prices. You can work with the support team to determine the best financial arrangement for you.
The Amerisleep Models
If you opt for an exchange, here is a quick run-down of the Amerisleep models and their firmness levels:
- AS1: The Amerisleep AS1 is their firmest model. We recommend this bed to stomach sleepers and back sleepers.
- AS2: The AS2 mattress was made to ease back pain.
- AS3: This is the most popular model, and thanks to its medium feel, it appeal to many different types of sleepers.
- AS4: We think this medium-soft mattress works well for side sleepers.
- AS5: The softest mattress AMerisleep has to offer. Great for those who like to sink into the bed.
The Fine Print
There are a few odds and ends that aren’t explicitly stated in the Amerisleep return policy. We asked all those fine print questions for you, and here’s what we learned:
- Each household is only eligible for one mattress return. Period. That means you are also eligible for only one exchange, so make your new choice count! Ask all the questions about comfort layers, back pain, body heat, motion isolation, etc.
- Since you only get one mattress return or exchange, your new mattress does not come with a new trial period.
- Some states have mattress recycling fees. You can research whether or not you’ll be charged a recycling fee online.
- All Amerisleep mattresses are under the same trial period and return policy, whether you buy them on the Amerisleep website, through Amazon, over the phone, and at one of their retail stores.
- If you order an adjustable bed with your mattress, the 100-night sleep trial doesn’t begin until you’ve received both your adjustable bed and mattress.
- If you paid shipping costs to Alaska or Hawaii, those costs are not refunded when you request a return.
- Amerisleep hybrid and foam beds are shipped bed-in-a-box style, but you don’t need to keep the box or shipping materials. Amerisleep strives to be an eco-friendly company, so they ask that you do your best to recycle these materials.
Should I return my mattress if I wake up with aches and pains?
Give your body a full month to adjust to a new mattress. For example, side sleepers transitioning from an innerspring mattress to Amerisleep’s Bio-Pur foam may temporarily notice a little tenderness around their shoulders or hips. If you’re worried about the adjustment time, consider the Amerisleep AS3 mattress. It’s their best selling model and appeals to the broadest range of sleepers.
My schedule changed. How do I change my mattress pick up time?
If you need to change your scheduled pick up time, follow up with Amerisleep support team or local courier via the original email thread. They’ll work with you to schedule a new pick up time.
Can I try Amerisleep mattresses before I buy one?
Yes, if you live near one of their showrooms in Texas, Colorado, Arizona, or Oregon. Visit the Amerisleep website to see the growing list of brick and mortar locations around the country. Also, you can learn more about Amerisleep mattresses by reading our Amerisleep mattress reviews.
Can I cancel my mattress order?
Yes. If your order hasn’t shipped yet, call or email the support team (800-500-4233 or email@example.com), and they’ll immediately process a refund. If your order has shipped, Amerisleep will ask FedEx to return the package to their warehouse. You’ll get a refund once the mattress is returned.
Should I return my mattress if it’s off-gassing?
No. Any off-gassing from your memory foam mattress is temporary, and should be gone within 48 hours max. Plus, Amerisleep’s Bio-Pur foam is Certipur-US certified and primarily plant-based, so it off-gasses even less than traditional memory foam.
What do I do if I receive the wrong mattress?
Check to make sure the sticker label on the side of the shipping box is correct. If the label is incorrect, don’t open the box and contact Amerisleep. They’ll get you the correct mattress and arrange for the original mattress to be returned. If you unpack your mattress and find it’s not what you ordered, sleep on the mattress to make sure the firmness is right, and then they’ll ship you a new mattress and pick up the old one.
How does the return policy change once the warranty period begins?
After the 100-night sleep trial ends, your mattress transitions into the 20-year warranty. During the warranty, you can’t return your mattress for a refund, but you can receive a replacement mattress if your original one is sagging or the Celliant cover is defective. After 10 years, you’ll get a replacement mattress for a prorated cost.
Casper vs. Amerisleep Mattress Review
Need help deciding between the Casper and Amerisleep mattresses? This comparison helps you choose based on feel, price, materials, and strengths.
Amerisleep Mattress Reviews
Learn about the Amerisleep brand and compare their 5 memory foam mattresses. See our reviews and ratings for price, quality, and more.
Nectar vs Amerisleep Mattress Comparison
Which memory foam mattress is better—the Nectar or Amerisleep? In this comparison, we cover key differences in feel, construction, pricing, and more.