Amerisleep Recover+ Comforter Review
Find out if the Amerisleep Recover+ Comforter insert really gives you your most comfortable, cool, and deep sleep ever.
Jun 3rd, 2022 •
Amerisleep is known for its line of comfortable memory foam mattresses, but that isn’t all they make. They’ve recently come out with what they claim is an ultra comfortable duvet insert that will give you restorative sleep.
I got the opportunity to try out the Recover+ Comforter for a few nights, and in this review, I’ll go over my sleep experience, the pros and cons of the Recover+ Comforter, as well as some product specs you need to know before buying.
|✔️Customer Rating: 4.5/5|
|✔️Mattress Advisor Score: 8.6/10|
Get $450 off Any Mattress
Overview: Amerisleep’s Recover+ Comforter uses a breathable material so you can enjoy it year-round. Infused with Recover+ technology, the duvet wicks away body heat to maintain the perfect temperature.
Who is the Amerisleep Recover+ Comforter Best For?
|Amerisleep Recover+ Comforter is best for:||Amerisleep Recover+ Comforter may not be best for:|
How We Scored the Amerisleep Recover+ Comforter
Here at Mattress Advisor, we rate all blankets, sheets, comforters, duvets, and other related sleeping accessories in five major categories. For each product, we give it a score on a scale of 1-10, with 10 being excellent. After conducting scores for each category, we add them up to get a final score.
|Mattress Advisor Test||Score (Out of 10)|
⭐Total Score for the Amerisleep Recover+ Comforter: 8.6/10⭐
Amerisleep Recover+ Comforter Performance Highlights
- Year-Round Use: Thanks to the Celliant® technology, the Recover+ is breathable and moisture-resistant, allowing it to be cozy all year long.
- Temperature Regulation: The Celliant® materials also allow the duvet to regulate your temperature, so you don’t wake up covered in sweat.
- Easy Care: The Recover+ Comforter is machine washable and dryer safe, making it easy to care for.
- Price: Compared to other duvet inserts on the market, the Recover+ is not considered expensive, but it’s not a budget option either.
- Returns: You cannot return the Recover+ Comforter unless the damage qualifies in the warranty.
- Must Pair with a Duvet Cover: Amerisleep recommends pairing your Recover+ with a duvet cover, meaning if you don’t already have one, you have to drop the cash for a cover.
What Is It Made of?
Amerisleep is most proud of the Celliant® material that takes up nearly half of the fabric cover and a third of the fiber fill. The Celliant® material actually helps the Recover+ Comforter get its name—it helps lull you into a deeper, more restful sleep, allowing you to fully recover from your day. Mixed with soft cotton and polyester, you get a duvet that is likened to sleeping on a cloud.
About the Materials
Polyester is a durable material that can withstand multiple washings. It’s lightweight, moisture-resistant, and breathable. Amerisleep uses a Recover+ polyester in its duvet, which incorporates Recover+ technology.
Cotton is a common bedding material thanks to its ability to insulate and offer comfort. Like polyester, it’s moisture resistant, so you don’t have to worry about waking up all sweaty.
Lyocell, a form of rayon, is a versatile fabric often used in bedding. It’s known for its anti-microbial properties and ability to manage moisture. Plus, it’s super soft, making it a great filling choice for Amerisleep’s duvet.
What Makes Recover+ Comforter Special
There are thousands of duvet inserts out there, but here’s what makes the Recover+ stand out among the rest.
- Celliant® Technology: The Recover+ Comforter features Celliant® technology, which is said to turn body heat into infrared energy. In short, the Celliant® aspect allows Amerisleep to make this duvet better engineered for a deeper sleep.
- Showroom: Amerisleep has a few showrooms scattered across the U.S. where you can try both their mattresses and their bedding accessories before you buy, Recover+ Comforter included!
- Breathable Materials: The breathability of the Recover+ Comforter allows for moisture control and temperature regulation. It lets your body heat escape and wicks away moisture, keeping you both cool and dry.
Read More: Best Cooling Comforters for Hot Sleepers
Before we get into my experience snuggling under the Recover+ Comforter, here are some product specs.
Amerisleep Recover+ Comforter Sizes, Dimensions, and Prices
|Twin XL||68” x 88”||5.28 lbs.||$250|
|Full/Queen||90” x 94”||7.92 lbs.||$290|
|King||104” x 94”||8.36 lbs.||$350|
*Prices listed are standard without sales or Mattress Advisor exclusive discounts. Click below to find the best price for the Amerisleep Recover+ Comforter.
Shipping and Returns
Amerisleep offers free shipping when you order the Recover+ Comforter. If the size you order is in stock, you’re in luck! The duvet will ship in 2-7 business days, and it will take about 7 business days to get to you.
Unfortunately, their return policy is not as flexible. In fact, all of Amerisleep’s accessory items are final sale unless you receive them damaged or defective.
When you purchase the Recover+ Comforter, you get a 1-year limited warranty that covers any cosmetic or manufacturing defects, such as seam issues from faulty sewing. Should you have any of these issues, Amerisleep will replace your duvet for free.
- “This item is a lifesaver. I originally got it for me but I’ll have to get another one because my daughter with autism has completely stolen it from me! That child had never slept through the night or gone to sleep on her own in her entire life. That is, until this product.” – Chelsea
- “Great blanket. We live in FL, middle aged couple, me in menopause and this blanket is great. I don’t get warm either. (I tend to get hot in bed too.) My husband loves the blanket as well. He likes how it has just enough weight to it.” – Beth
- “Use this as the main comforter, I usually set the temperature of the room at 65 degrees and this still keeps me very warm, but not to the point of sweating.” – Kevin
Upon receiving the Recover+ Comforter, I was nervous about the size being labeled as a full/queen considering I sleep on a queen mattress that is 13” tall. But I was pleasantly surprised when it easily covered my mattress and then some.
The outside of the duvet is textured like a hybrid mix of a sleeping bag and sateen sheets, and it was cool to the touch. Though Amerisleep recommends pairing the Recover+ with a duvet cover, I didn’t use one for the purpose of this review, so I could get the full feel of the duvet.
Lying under it, Recover+ did feel soft. It wasn’t super heavy, so if you like the feel of a weighted duvet or comforter, this isn’t it. Although lightweight, this duvet kept me warm enough not to wake up shivering, but cool enough not to wake up sweating. I’ll definitely back up their claim of this being an all-season duvet.
All in all, my sleep experience with the Recover+ Comforter was cozy; I think I’ll keep it on my bed for a while and go hunting for a duvet cover.
Do I need to use a duvet cover with the Amerisleep Recover+ Comforter?
While Amerisleep recommends using a duvet cover with its Recover+ Comforter, you can still use this without one. However, the duvet cover will help protect your comforter so it lasts longer.
What's the difference between a comforter and a duvet?
A comforter is a quilted blanket made from a single piece of fabric while a duvet has two parts. Duvets contain a cover and an insert, which contains wool, down, or other fillers. Typically, duvets are easier to clean since you can remove the cover.
Does the Recover+ Comforter come with a sleep trial?
No, the Recover+ Comforter doesn’t come with a sleep trial. Only Amerisleep mattresses have a sleep trial.
Is the Amerisleep Recover+ Comforter Right for You?
The Amerisleep Recover+ Comforter combines premium materials to make a duvet that is breathable, temperature regulating, and has a reputation for nighttime recovery. We think the Amerisleep Recover+ Comforter is a great option for those looking for a year-round bed cover. It’s super breathable while still providing warmth when it’s cold. Hot sleepers will especially appreciate the Recover+ technology, which transfers your body heat into energy so you can sleep at a comfortable temperature.
However, it can be pricey, and once you’ve got it, you can’t return it. But if you’re willing to take the risk, a more restorative night of sleep is just around the corner. Also, if you prefer a more traditional comforter that’s heavier, you may want to keep shopping.
Other Products by Amerisleep
Pillows & Bedding
Mattress Accessories & Bedding
Duvet vs. Comforter
If you've hit the question of buying a duvet vs comforter for your bed, we can help you learn the difference and decide which will be best for you. Plus, check out our top recommendations for each style.
Mattress Accessories & Bedding
Best Duvet Covers
Find out which duvet cover best suits your sleep style and see our picks for the best duvet covers of 2021.
Mattress Accessories & Bedding
The Best Duvet Inserts
Looking for a new comforter or duvet? We’ve got you covered for that one piece of bedding you can’t live without. Check out our top 9 selections for best duvet inserts.