Breaking Down The Simmons Beautyrest Mattress Warranty
No need to study the fine print on Simmons Beautyrest mattress warranties—we’ve done it for you. Read on for all the details you need to know about your mattress coverage.
May 22nd, 2020 •
Simmons Beautyrest has one of the more complicated warranty systems we’ve seen on the mattress market, but we’ve done all the research for you. Simmons mattress warranties are divided by production date: those before and after March 1, 2015. We’ll review what is covered, what’s not covered, and any fine print you need to know about. Make sure to check your owner’s manual for model-specific details.
What the Beautyrest Mattress Warranty Covers
All Simmons® and Beautyrest® mattresses, regular foundations, and adjustable foundations are protected by a limited warranty, regardless of production date. This warranty covers only manufacturing defects (including some removable mattress covers), meaning it does not cover incidental or consequential damages (however, some state laws may qualify you for such coverage).
Warranties only apply to the original purchaser. You also must buy your bed from a Simmons Bedding Company or one of their approved sellers.
Simmons has several different warranty periods. You can find yours by checking the code on the white law label on your mattress (typically the tag on your mattress that says, “Do not remove”). The code is usually a single letter of the alphabet. For example, if your mattress was made after March 1, 2015, the code “A” means your mattress is covered by a 10-year limited warranty. Once you have your code, check the Warranty Code Chart at www.beautyrest.com or www.simmons.com.
All warranty coverage runs through the number of years indicated on your code. It begins on the original date of purchase. If you get your first mattress replaced or repaired, you do not get an extended warranty period or a new limited warranty period.
Additionally, the duration of any applicable implied warranties won’t extend past the limited warranty period. This includes implied warranties of merchantability, meaning your mattress is suitable to function as a mattress. Depending on your state, this limitation on implied warranties may not apply.
New mattress purchases are covered by a 100-night sleep trial. You only get one sleep trial per household, per year. If you return your mattress during this period, Simmons picks it up and recycles it for you. They also cover any transportation and recycling charges.
Repair & Replacement
If you qualify for a repair or replacement of the defective product, an identical item may not be available; in that case, Simmons will send you a similar model or use similar material for repairs. The new item will be of equal value to your original mattress or foundation.
Also, getting a replacement for one item in a set doesn’t mean you’ll get replacements for the other items. If your mattress has stains that could be from bodily fluids or cleaning fluids, Simmons has the right not to accept your return. Additionally, shipping fees for inspections, repairs, and replacements are paid by you (except in California).
What the Beautyrest Warranty Does Not Cover
Simmons notes that they are not liable for incidental or consequential damages from using your mattress or foundation. They specifically list the following issues not covered under their warranty:
- The mattress is not quite the firmness you desire, or otherwise does not meet your comfort preference
- The mattress develops normal body impressions or other changes from normal use, including the feel or recovery time of high density foams (ex: memory foam)
- Changes in your mattress as the result of temperature or humidity
- The mattress is not the bed height you prefer
- The mattress doesn’t hold your full weight
- There are damages in the cover, fabric, corner guards, or handles from normal use
- Your mattress develops a bent border/grid wires
- Any burns or tears to the mattress
- Vermin infestations
- Mattresses used on a foundation, bed frame, box spring, or support system not recommended by Simmons Beautyrest
- Mattresses or foundations sold as floor models, samples, or secondhand
- Claims not made in the United States, District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, or U.S. Virgin Islands
Related: Beautyrest Alternatives
What Voids the Beautyrest Mattress Warranty?
You must be the original owner of your Beautyrest mattress in order for the warranty to be valid, including expressed and implied warranties. You also must have purchased your bed from the Simmons Bedding Company or one of their authorized dealers. Additionally, using an improper support system for your mattress voids your warranty.
Filing a Claim
Reach out to your original Simmons dealer to file a warranty claim. If you’ve moved away from their service area, or if they aren’t in business anymore, contact the Simmons Consumer Service Facility by emailing email@example.com.
Make sure you have the original date of purchase, which can be found on the copy of original bill of sale. You’ll also need access to your model name label and law label. These labels will be used to pinpoint your specific model and to make sure the warranty is valid.
Care Instructions & Guidelines
Simmons recommends following care and cleaning protocols for your mattress in order to extend its lifespan. These guidelines include:
- Use proper support for your mattress. This includes support systems with a firm center and firm edges. For slatted bases, use at least 5 hardwood or metal slats and add legs to the 3 middle slats.
- Use a mattress protector pad to guard your bed from spills, bodily fluids, and discoloration.
- If you need to transport your mattress, secure it in thick plastic covering to protect it from the elements.
- Use the handles only to position your mattress, not to carry it.
- Don’t stand or jump on your mattress (even children).
- Only clean your mattress with a vacuum or, if necessary, light soap and warm water, and let the mattress dry completely before putting on bedding.
- If your mattress has a removable cover that needs to be cleaned, dry-clean it only.
- Don’t remove the white law label.
- Don’t smoke or have exposed flames (i.e. candles) near your mattress.
Mattress Warranty Breakdowns
Having a problem with your mattress? Most mattresses come with a warranty, find out what a mattress warranty covers and how to file a claim for over 20 top brands.
Simmons Beautyrest Mattress Reviews
Simmons Beautyrest mattresses are traditional hybrid mattresses offering cooling comfort and support. Read our reviews of the black, platinum, silver, hybrid, and Beautyrest collections.
Simmons Beautyrest Alternatives
Is the Beautyrest brand better than newcomers to the mattress scene? Compare Beautyrest models with the latest competitor hybrid & memory foam mattresses.