Simmons Beautyrest vs Saatva—a battle between tradition and a new way of mattress shopping. Simmons Beautyrest has been a trusted mattress company for nearly 100 years. Saatva is a newer direct-to-consumer mattress brand that cuts out showroom costs so they can bring high-quality at competitive prices.
In this article, we’re going to compare the leading Beautyrest and Saatva mattresses. You’ll learn what’s similar, what’s different, and which luxury hybrid mattress best fits your needs and preferences.
|Best For||In-person shoppers, every sleeping position, luxury shoppers, every body size||Online shoppers, every body size, eco-conscious consumers, every sleeping position|
|Special Features||ContourFit Design, BlackICE Hybrid Technology, RightTemp Memory Foam, AirCool Memory Foam||Coil-on-coil technology, organic and natural materials, zoned Talalay latex, hand-tufted design|
- Free White Glove Delivery: When you buy a mattress from either Saatva or Beautyrest, it comes with complimentary delivery, mattress setup, and old mattress removal.
- Innerspring Support System: Every Beautyrest mattress and the three Saatva mattresses that we’re comparing use steel coils in their support layer. This means they each have a bouncy innerspring mattress feel.
- High-Quality Mattresses: Beautyrest and Saatva are both known for their quality construction and durable build made to last for many years.
- Pricing: Both mattress companies craft luxury mattresses that cost more than the average bed.
- Online vs In-Store: Saatva mattresses are only sold online, while Beautyrest beds may be purchased online or at physical retailers. Saatva’s direct-to-consumer setup means they can offer slightly better deals than Beautyrest.
- Construction: Every Beautyrest mattress has a similar build that consists of a variety of foams and innerspring coils. Saatva utilizes these materials along with coil-on-coil construction and natural, breathable latex, depending on the mattress model.
- Eco-Friendliness: Saatva is more eco-friendly than Beautyrest. Saatva materials include all-natural materials like organic cotton and Talalay latex.
- Sleep Trial and Warranty: Saatva’s 365-night sleep trial and lifetime warranty are more generous than Beautyrest’s 100-night trial and 10-year warranty.
Beautyrest Black Hybrid vs Saatva Classic
- Cooling Technology: Breathable innerspring coils sweep away excess body heat while cooling technologies in the cover and foam layers support temperature regulation.
- Great for Couples: The Beautyrest Black Hybrid performed exceptionally well in our motion transfer and edge support evaluations. Good motion isolation helps you sleep soundly, while a sturdy edge allows you to claim your own space.
- Very Durable: Thanks to an ultra-thick coil system, the Beautyrest Hybrid is more durable than your average mattress. Durability is particularly important for plus-size people.
- Multiple Firmness Options: With three firmness levels that range from soft to medium, this bed is a good fit for side, back, and stomach sleepers.
Saatva Classic Mattress Review Highlights
- Three Firmness Levels: Choose between plush soft, luxury firm, or firm depending on your preference. The difference lies in how plush the pillow top layer is.
- Superb Spinal Alignment: The Saatva Classic earned a perfect 10/10 in our spine alignment test. This is the type of score we want to see for people who struggle with back pain.
- Incredibly Durable: The Saatva mattress aced our durability evaluation. Two layers of strong innerspring coils create a mattress that’s likely to last for many years and comes with a lifetime warranty to keep you covered for a while.
- Sleeps Cool: Thanks to ample airflow through the two layers of innerspring coils, the Saatva Classic mattress is cooler than your average bed.
The Beautyrest Black Hybrid is made from generous comfort layers and a robust pocketed coil system. It comes in three models. The Original model has a medium feel that does an excellent job at balancing pressure relief and spinal alignment. The Comfort Upgrade is softer, with a medium-soft feel. Both of these mattresses measure 13” deep. The Comfort + Pressure Relief Upgrade is a soft mattress with a body-hugging feel. It’s even thicker, measuring 15” deep.
The Saatva Classic mattress is a hybrid bed with minimal foam layers and a unique coil-on-coil construction. It comes in plush soft, luxury firm, and firm. The top layer is a plush Euro pillow top with 3” of pressure-relieving foam sewn into an organic cotton cover. There’s a layer of memory foam along the lumbar region for added support and cushion. A layer of comfort coils brings responsive pressure relief, while the sturdier second coil layer adds a springy, supportive feel.
Because the Beautyrest Black Hybrid has thicker foam layers, it’s better at minimizing motion transfer. It also delivers greater pressure relief, excellent for side sleepers. Saatva’s coil-on-coil design provides superior spinal alignment in their Classic mattress. Both mattresses are good for hot sleepers thanks to the breathability of innerspring coils and other cooling technologies.
The Saatva Classic is Much More Affordable
The Beautyrest Black Hybrid costs as much as 2x the price of the Saatva Classic for a queen-size mattress. It comes in an original comfort level or customers can pay for a comfort and pressure relief upgrade. If you’re looking for a twin, split king, or split California king mattress, Saatva is your better choice since Simmons doesn’t offer those sizes in their Beautyrest Black Hybrid.
|Beautyrest Black Hybrid||Saatva Classic|
|Split Cal King||N/A||$2,450|
Beautyrest Harmony Lux Diamond vs Saatva Latex Hybrid
Beautyrest Harmony Lux Diamond Mattress Review Highlights
- High-Quality Construction: The Harmony Lux Diamond mattress is one of the thickest mattresses that we’ve encountered. Measuring between 14.75” and 17.25”, you can be confident that Simmons took no shortcuts when designing this lavish mattress.
- Abundant Cushioning: This mattress possesses up to three layers of memory foam and three layers of proprietary polyfoam. The marshmallow-y foam feel is opulent and cuddly.
- Choose Your Firmness: The Classic Top and Pillow Top Harmony Lux Diamond models both come in two firmnesses. With an ultra-plush, plush, and medium option, there’s something for anyone except firm mattress aficionados.
- Cooling Foam Technology: Beautyrest’s Micro Diamond Memory Foam was engineered to move excess heat away from the mattress surface. Gel-infusion in other layers also helps to keep sleepers cool and dry.
Saatva Latex Hybrid Mattress Review Highlights
- 100% Organic and Natural Materials: Shoppers looking for an eco-friendly, non-toxic mattress will appreciate the natural and organic materials found in the Saatva Latex Hybrid. No synthetic foams here!
- Universal Firmness: This mattress has a medium-firm feel. Most sleepers like the balance between body alignment and cushion that medium-firm beds offer.
- Fantastic for Couples: With high scores in our edge support and motion transfer tests, this mattress works well for people who share the bed.
- Good for Elderly Folks: Older people tend to need a mattress that’s easy on the joints, supports good back alignment, is easy to move around on, and has sturdy edges. The Saatva Latex Hybrid checks every one of these boxes.
The Beautyrest Harmony Lux Diamond mattress is a deeply contouring hybrid bed. Up to six layers of foam create a conforming feeling that’s much like that of a lush memory foam mattress. However, a thick coil system makes it more supportive and cooler than an all-foam mattress. You can choose between the base model or a pillow top option, and the mattress comes in firmnesses that range from quite soft to a more balanced medium.
The Saatva Latex Hybrid is an all-natural and organic mattress. The organic cotton cover and organic New Zealand wool top layer are soft and breathable. The natural Talalay latex layer creates a buoyant, floating feeling. Both the latex layer and the supportive coil layer are zoned, meaning the heavier areas of your body are supported while your pressure points are cushioned. This mattress is firmer than the Beautyrest with a medium-firm feel.
Beautyrest Harmony Lux Diamond: Slightly More Expensive; Many More Options
The Beautyrest Harmony Lux Diamond and Saatva Latex Hybrid mattresses have a similar price point. However, the Saatva is slightly less expensive than the Beautyrest. The Beautyrest Harmony Lux Diamond comes with a classic top, or customers can pay an additional fee for a plush, 1.5″ pillow top.
|Beautyrest Harmony Lux Diamond||Saatva Latex Hybrid|
Beautyrest Black vs Saatva HD
Beautyrest Black Mattress Review Highlights
- Ultimate in Luxury: The Black is Beautyrest’s most luxurious mattress. From its T3 Pocketed Coils to its BlackICE 4.0 cooling system, this mattress boasts Simmon’s leading mattress technology.
- Cooling Upgrades: While the baseline Beautyrest Black is cool enough for the average person, extra-hot sleepers can opt for the Cooling Upgrade. RightTemp Memory Foam leads to a mattress that’s up to 20% cooler than the original Black.
- Pressure Relief: The Beautyrest Black is one of the best mattresses that we’ve tested when it comes to relieving pressure from problem areas. And with the Cooling + Comfort plush pillow top upgrade, even lightweight side sleepers can find adequate cushion.
- Supports a Healthy Spine: The Black scored 10/10 in our spine alignment test. If you suffer from back pain and body aches, proper alignment at night may help.
Saatva HD Mattress Review Highlights
- Designed for Bigger Bodies: The Saatva HD was built with plus-size sleepers in mind. It brings the balance between support and pressure relief that people over 230 lbs need.
- Eco-Friendly Construction: An all-natural latex layer and organic cotton cover make this mattress better for the environment than your average bed.
- Zoned Support: With 5-zoned Talalay latex and Spinal Zone active wire support along the body’s trunk, this mattress offers give and support where you need it most. The result is excellent spine alignment and pressure relief.
- Supports Cool Sleep: Heavier people often struggle with sleeping hot. Saatva designed their HD mattress to be breathable enough to remove excess body heat for a refreshing night’s sleep.
Simmons Beautyrest Black mattress is their most luxurious bed. That says a lot when we’re talking about a high-end mattress brand. The Black mattress is a hybrid mattress that comes in multiple options. The baseline is 13” thick with contouring memory foam, cooling gel foam, and pocketed coil support. It has a medium-firm firmness level. There is then a Cooling Upgrade with the same firmness and a Cooling + Comfort Upgrade for a softer feel and 15” height.
The Saatva HD is a medium firmness hybrid mattress that’s designed for plus-size people. The zoned Talalay latex provides buoyant support, keeping the body from sinking in too low. This layer is softer at the shoulders and firmer along the lumbar region for a balanced feel. A supportive layer of tempered steel coils is 25% stronger than those found in most beds, creating a mattress that’s supportive and durable enough for people who weigh more than 230 lbs.
The Beautyrest Black comes in multiple models that vary in price. The baseline model is comparable in price to the Saatva HD, costing more for the twin XL but less for some larger mattress sizes. If you opt for the Cooling or Cooling + Comfort Black upgrades, the Beautyrest mattress will cost more than the Saatva HD.
Two of Our Favorite Beds, Both at Luxury Prices
|Beautyrest Black||Saatva HD|
Unlike most mattresses that are around 10” thick, the Beautyrest and Saatva mattresses are all quite robust. This added thickness reflects the generous use of high-quality materials by both luxury mattress brands.
|Twin||38” x 75”||38” x 75”|
|Twin XL||38” x 80”||38” x 80”|
|Full||53” x 75”||54” x 75”|
|Queen||60” x 80”||60” x 80”|
|King||76” x 80”||76” x 80”|
|Split King||N/A||76″ x 80″|
|Cal King||72” x 84”||72” x 84”|
|Split Cal King||N/A||72″ x 84″|
Learn more about mattress sizes.
Saatva mattresses come with a 365-night trial, which is much longer than the Beautyrest 100-night trial. However, Saatva charges $99 for returns and returns are free through Beautyrest.
Beautyrest mattresses come with an industry-standard 10-year warranty. Saatva mattresses are backed by a more generous lifetime warranty.
Which Brand Is the Right Choice?
Beautyrest and Saatva both craft high-end hybrid mattresses, with Saatva utilizing more eco-friendly materials. Because Saatva sells directly to the consumer, their mattresses are on average less expensive than Beautyrest beds. Thanks to plush memory foam layers, Beautyrest is better for soft mattress lovers and offers superior motion isolation.
Most of the mattresses offered by these brands come in multiple firmness options, making them great for every sleeping position. Because Saatva uses materials that are more buoyant and supportive, such as dual coil layers and zoned memory foam, it’s better for plus-size sleepers. Beautyrest’s plush foam layers bring a hugging foam feeling that’s great for side sleepers and lightweight people.
No matter which brand you choose, you can rest easy knowing that you can try your new mattress out in the comfort of your home. While Saatva’s 365-night trial is longer than Beautyrest’s 100 nights, Saatva charges a $99 return fee and Beautyrest does not.
Simmons Beautyrest Mattress Reviews
Simmons Beautyrest mattresses are traditional hybrid mattresses offering cooling comfort and support. Read our reviews of the black, platinum, silver, hybrid, and Beautyrest collections.
Simmons Beautyrest Alternatives
Is the Beautyrest brand better than newcomers to the mattress scene? Compare Beautyrest models with the latest competitor hybrid & memory foam mattresses.
Saatva Mattress Coupons
Save up to $200 on a new Saatva mattress. With our Mattress Advisor Saatva mattress coupons, no one has to pay full price for a great night's sleep.