The Best Bed Risers
May 14th, 2021 •
Does your furniture need a lift? There are many practical reasons to use risers under your bed or sofa legs, including adding more storage space, making it easier to get up and out of bed or off the sofa, or to aid in sleeping. Check out our top picks for best risers and find out how they might benefit you.
Our Picks for the Best Bed Risers
By clicking on the product links in this article, Mattress Advisor may receive a commission fee at no cost to you, the reader. Read full disclosure statement.
Best Basic Riser
These easy-to-use bed risers are inexpensive and durable. They increase bed storage space by 5.25 inches.
No need to stack or measure, this one-size riser adds enough space for luggage and storage bins. This product is made from durable plastic and come in black. They can also be stacked when not in use to save space.
Best Color Options
Looking for a riser in a color other than black? Utopia offers a choice of three colors; black, brown, and white. These risers are made from heavy duty plastic and hold up to 1300 lbs.
Perfect for added space under beds or furniture, they come in two sizes, 3-inch and 5-inch, or they can be used together for an 8-inch rise. They stack neatly for to store away when not in use.
Home-it offers a 100% satisfaction guarantee on their easily stackable risers. They come in 3- inch and 5-inch cubes and can be stacked for more height.
Made from hard-wearing plastic, they keep floors scratch free and can hold up to 1,300 lbs. Color choices include that of black or white.
This 2-inch riser is designed to hold large amounts of weight. Holding up to 10,000 lbs., it outperforms most other rises in the weight department.
Made from durable ABS plastic, the risers can be stacked to add height. Protects floors and comes only in black.
Why You Might Need Bed or Furniture Risers?
Bed and furniture risers serve a number of different purposes primarily to do with storage, physical access, or health related sleep issues. You might need them if you want to gain some extra storage space under your bed. You also might need them if you have trouble getting in and out of bed, or on and off of furniture.
Extra Storage Space
With the trends towards tiny houses, less possessions, and better utilization of space, making the most of those inches under the bed is an excellent idea. Risers are inexpensive and sturdy and can give you lots of room for off-season clothes, shoes, extra linens, and more. In a child’s room you can store toys, books, and extra blankets. Make room for your dog to sleep under the bed, or just make it easier to vacuum underneath.
As you age, if you have back problems, or when you are pregnant, all these conditions require extra effort to get in and out of bed, up and off of furniture. Raising the sofa or bed by even a few inches can make this task easier and the bed, chair, or couch more physically accessible. Risers could be a great gift for a parent or grandparent, something to use while pregnant and then store for later, or something to use with the couch after a back injury and transfer them to the bed for more storage after recovery.
Health Related Sleep Issues
There are both acute and chronic health conditions that can interfere with sleep. In particular, things like acid reflux and major congestion from colds and flu are relieved by sleeping in an elevated position. If you use just two risers on the front two legs of your bed, you can create a beneficial angle to help relieve these conditions and improve sleep.
How To Choose The Right Risers For Your Furniture
Choosing the right risers for your bed or furniture can be fairly straightforward with the answers to a few simple questions.
- What will you use them for? If you are purchasing risers for under the bed storage and you want as much extra space as possible, then look for adjustable risers that can be stacked for additional height. If you want them to help your pregnant wife get out of her favorite reading chair, then measure how much higher you want the chair and buy accordingly. Assess your usage and find a riser that meets your needs.
- How much weight will they need to support? Most risers will support most of the needs you have. But in the event you plan to use them to lift up shelves and store extremely heavy objects be sure and check weight limits on individual products.
- What color goes with my décor? Do you have an all-white bedroom? You may not want black risers lifting up your bed. Conversely, you may want black to match your couch legs, or brown for a chair.
- What do you want to spend? Most risers are reasonably priced, but you may have an amount in mind. Many search engines allow you to specify a price range when searching.
- What do they look like? Although bed and furniture risers are very similar, cube-like molded plastic squares or rectangles, you may find the look of one preferable over another. Shop until you find one you like or at least one you think is neutral.
Bed and furniture risers are a great way to elevate your bed and provide extra storage space. They can be used under furniture, making it easier to get up and down, or try risers at the head of your bed to help with sleep. See our top picks for best risers above.
Best Sleep Masks
Find the best sleep masks so you can sleep anytime, anywhere. The right eye mask for sleep allows you to snooze with ease in total darkness.
The Best Mouth Guards
Read how a mouth guard can help with teeth grinding at night and see some of the best mouth guards you can buy.