Best Bed Sheets for Sex
Find out how to pick bed sheets for sex and see our top picks.
Aug 28th, 2023 •
When choosing a new pair of sheets for your bed, how you sleep in them is not the only thing you should be thinking about. How long you spend in your bed, if you eat in your bed, and how many people sleep in your bed are all considerations. One big thing that happens between your bed sheets is sex, so you should make sure the sheets you pick accommodate this activity, no matter how frequent or infrequent.
We’ve accumulated a list of the best bed sheets for sex, and we’ll guide you through what you should look for when picking sheets with sex in mind.
Best Sheets for Sex
1. Luxome Luxury Sheet Set – Best Value Sheets for Sex
If you’re looking for a great sheet set for sex that’s well worth the cost, we highly recommend the Luxome Luxury Sheet Set. Made from bamboo, these sheets have a silky feel and are naturally cooling, so they can battle body heat. There are eight color options available, and they all have deep pockets. So, the sheets stay securely fitted to the mattress regardless of movement.
2. Cozy Earth Linen Sheet Set – Best Deep Pocket Sheets for Sex
Sleepers wanting the sheets to stay on even during sex should set their sights on the Cozy Earth Linen Sheets. This set fits mattresses up to 20 inches in height. They also include bamboo viscose in the construction, so they’re cooling. These sheets can be machine washed and dried for a convenient clean-up.
3. Saatva Organic Sateen Sheets – Best Luxury Sheets for Sex
Saatva makes their Organic Sateen Sheets with 100% organic, long-staple cotton, but it’s what they do with those fibers that makes these sheets luxurious. The sateen weave has a 300-thread count that provides a healthy balance between breathability and texture—too high and the sheets trap more heat, too low and the finish loses smoothness. Saatva Organic Sateen Sheets have a 1-year warranty, and you can return them for a full refund within 45 days of purchase, with no questions asked.
4. Brooklyn Bedding Deep Pocket Bamboo Cotton Sheets – Softest Sheets for Sex
Brooklyn Bedding’s Bamboo Cotton Sheets have a soft airiness that is perfect for activities that might generate excess body heat like, for example, sex. The bamboo fibers create a texture that has a very satisfying softness, great for direct contact with your skin. These fitted sheets can accommodate a mattress of 11” to 14” thick, and are available in three colors: white, silver, and khaki.
5. Tempur-Pedic TEMPUR-ProAir – Best Breathable Sheets for Sex
Made from cooling TENCEL material and a lightweight construction, the TEMPUR Pro-Air Sheets should keep partners nice and cool during sex. These sheets are also fitted, so they shouldn’t slip off the bed, even with excess movement. Shoppers can find this sheet set in a number of different sizes, and four different colors. Once purchased, you can sleep well knowing there’s free shipping and a one-year warranty.
How to Find the Best Sheets for Sex
There are a few factors to consider when searching for the right sheets for this scenario:
- Durability: Most sheets are built to handle roughly two years of sleep not two years of sleep plus physical activity. Investing in sheets that are more durable allow you to keep them for longer, even after a few years of sex, without them wearing out too quickly.
- Temperature Control: Sleeping can be hot enough without adding excessive movement. Look for sheets that provide enough airflow that you and your partner don’t get too hot, but enough insulation where you both don’t get too cold.
- Cleaning: Sheets will absorb everything that comes with sex, including sweat and bodily fluids. In order to maintain a clean sleep, the sheets that you buy for sex should be relatively easy to care for. Look for sheets that can be easily machine washed and dried with minimal special instructions or detergents. If you get sheets that must be taken to the cleaners, you may be less inclined to wash them as often, leaving the sweat, stains, and gunk in the fibers for weeks at a time.
How to Shop for Sheets for Sex
When it comes to buying sheets, there are numerous options in material, weave, thread count, and price. We’ll help you navigate the landscape and pick the best sheets for sex.
- Cotton: Cotton is a natural fiber that is breathable and soft. The best quality cotton is Egyptian cotton and supima cotton because they are made from extra long and long-staple fibers. Long staples ensure quality in the weave. Cotton sheet sets allow for temperature control and some even get softer with each wash.
- Microfiber: Microfiber is a synthetic fiber that is more affordable than high quality cotton. It is good at wicking away moisture and is easy to care for. However, it is not the most breathable fabric to make sheets from.
- Satin: Satin and silk seem like sexy options, but they are actually the least practical for sex. Forget being slippery, they are often not breathable, trapping both you and your partner’s body heat.
- Sateen: A sateen weave takes fibers of cotton, polyester, or microfiber and weaves them the same way silk is woven. The result is a shiny fabric that is smooth to the touch. This weave gives cotton or microfiber sheets a silky feel without being as expensive or trapping as much heat.
- Percale: Percale is a plain weave that give sheets that crisp hotel-like finish. This weave works especially well with cotton for a luxury feel. However, these sheets do wrinkle rather easily.
Thread count doesn’t necessarily mean high quality, but it does mean better durability, so they can sustain sexual activity without the material breaking down for longer. High thread count cotton even gets softer with each wash. A thread count of at least 300 is considered good, but if you’re looking for great, start with 400 thread count and work your way up.
Sheets come in so many gorgeous colors and cool designs that it is easy to get lost in a sea of choices. But, when you’re picking sheets specifically for sex, it is best to think about staining. It is the easiest to hide bodily fluid stains with light colors, especially white. If you choose dark sheets or red sheets, the lightly colored stains will certainly stick out.
When you factor in the price of a high thread count and quality materials, sheets for sex can get pretty pricey. Egyptian cotton and silk sheets are expensive and can cost up to $150 for a sheet set. A good affordable alternative is microfiber sheets with a sateen weave. They have a silky feel like satin and wick away moisture like cotton for a fraction of the cost.
When it comes to picking the best bed sheets for sex, quality is always best. During sex, your sheets are roughed up as well as absorbing sweat and body fluids, so it’s important to choose sheets that can handle both of these aspects. Egyptian or supima cotton sheets are your best bet for temperature control, and a high thread count is great for durability.
Mattress Accessories & Bedding
Best Egyptian Cotton Sheets
Check out our top picks for the best Egyptian cotton sheet set online, plus learn how to properly care for these luxurious sheets.
Mattress Accessories & Bedding
Best Microfiber Bed Sheets
Microfiber sheets utilize highly durable and tightly woven fibers to create a soft and luxurious sleeping environment. But with the number of microfiber sheet sets on the market today, trying to pick the best set can be pretty time consuming. Check out our picks of the four best microfiber bed sheets you can buy.
Best Mattresses for Sex (2023)
Your mattress is for more than sleep. Find the best mattresses for sex and learn what important qualities to consider in a mattress for sex.