Best Bed Sheets for Sex
Find out how to pick bed sheets for sex and see our top picks.
Sep 1st, 2021 •
When choosing a new pair of sheets for your bed, how you sleep in them is not the only thing you should be thinking about. How long you spend in your bed, if you eat in your bed, and how many people sleep in your bed are all considerations. One big thing that happens between your bed sheets is sex, so you should make sure the sheets you pick accommodate this activity, no matter how frequent or infrequent.
We’ve accumulated a list of the best bed sheets for sex, and we’ll guide you through what you should look for when picking sheets with sex in mind.
Best Sheets for Sex
By clicking on the product links in this article, Mattress Advisor may receive a commission fee at no cost to you, the reader. Read full disclosure statement.
1. Saatva Lofton Organic Sheets – Best Cooling Sheets for Sex
Saatva makes their Lofton Organic Sheets with durable, 100% long-staple cotton, but it’s what they do with those fibers that matters most for cooling. The sateen weave has a 300-thread count that provides a healthy balance between breathability and texture—too high and the sheets trap more heat, too low and the finish loses smoothness. Saatva Lofton Organic Sheets have a 1-year warranty, and you can return them for a full refund within 45 days of purchase, with no questions asked.
2. Purple Sheets – Best Cheap Sheets for Sex
Purple’s quality construction and design make its bamboo sheets a safer investment for long-term value than off-the-shelf competitors. Purple strategically uses spandex in these seamless sheets for better flexibility, helping them last longer. When you factor in cooling and moisture-wicking properties, you get a comfortable middle ground between the bargain basement and the penthouse. Also, Purple stands behind its sheets with a 30-day sleep trial and a 1-year limited warranty.
3. Tuft & Needle Percale Sheet Set – Most Durable Sheets for Sex
Quality sheets should have good staying power, especially when sleep isn’t the only activity they have to withstand. Tuft & Needle’s percale sheets are made with 100% long-staple Supima cotton, a material known for durability. While the material is resistant to pilling, it commonly gets softer with every wash. You’ll get a 100-night sleep trial to put these sheets to the test, and they’re backed by a 2-year warranty.
How to Find the Best Sheets for Sex
There are a few factors to consider when searching for the right sheets for this scenario:
- Durability: Most sheets are built to handle roughly two years of sleep not two years of sleep plus physical activity. Investing in sheets that are more durable allow you to keep them for longer, even after a few years of sex, without them wearing out too quickly.
- Temperature Control: Sleeping can be hot enough without adding excessive movement. Look for sheets that provide enough airflow that you and your partner don’t get too hot, but enough insulation where you both don’t get too cold.
- Cleaning: Sheets will absorb everything that comes with sex, including sweat and bodily fluids. In order to maintain a clean sleep, the sheets that you buy for sex should be relatively easy to care for. Look for sheets that can be easily machine washed and dried with minimal special instructions or detergents. If you get sheets that must be taken to the cleaners, you may be less inclined to wash them as often, leaving the sweat, stains, and gunk in the fibers for weeks at a time.
How to Shop for Sheets for Sex
When it comes to buying sheets, there are numerous options in material, weave, thread count, and price. We’ll help you navigate the landscape and pick the best sheets for sex.
- Cotton: Cotton is a natural fiber that is breathable and soft. The best quality cotton is Egyptian cotton and supima cotton because they are made from extra long and long-staple fibers. Long staples ensure quality in the weave. Cotton sheet sets allow for temperature control and some even get softer with each wash.
- Microfiber: Microfiber is a synthetic fiber that is more affordable than high quality cotton. It is good at wicking away moisture and is easy to care for. However, it is not the most breathable fabric to make sheets from.
- Satin: Satin and silk seem like sexy options, but they are actually the least practical for sex. Forget being slippery, they are often not breathable, trapping both you and your partner’s body heat.
- Sateen: A sateen weave takes fibers of cotton, polyester, or microfiber and weaves them the same way silk is woven. The result is a shiny fabric that is smooth to the touch. This weave gives cotton or microfiber sheets a silky feel without being as expensive or trapping as much heat.
- Percale: Percale is a plain weave that give sheets that crisp hotel-like finish. This weave works especially well with cotton for a luxury feel. However, these sheets do wrinkle rather easily.
Thread count doesn’t necessarily mean high quality, but it does mean better durability, so they can sustain sexual activity without the material breaking down for longer. High thread count cotton even gets softer with each wash. A thread count of at least 300 is considered good, but if you’re looking for great, start with 400 thread count and work your way up.
Sheets come in so many gorgeous colors and cool designs that it is easy to get lost in a sea of choices. But, when you’re picking sheets specifically for sex, it is best to think about staining. It is the easiest to hide bodily fluid stains with light colors, especially white. If you choose dark sheets or red sheets, the lightly colored stains will certainly stick out.
When you factor in the price of a high thread count and quality materials, sheets for sex can get pretty pricey. Egyptian cotton and silk sheets are expensive and can cost up to $150 for a sheet set. A good affordable alternative is microfiber sheets with a sateen weave. They have a silky feel like satin and wick away moisture like cotton for a fraction of the cost.
When it comes to picking the best bed sheets for sex, quality is always best. During sex, your sheets are roughed up as well as absorbing sweat and body fluids, so it’s important to choose sheets that can handle both of these aspects. Egyptian or supima cotton sheets are your best bet for temperature control, and a high thread count is great for durability.
Mattress Accessories & Bedding
Best Egyptian Cotton Sheets
Check out our top picks for the best Egyptian cotton sheet set online, plus learn how to properly care for these luxurious sheets.
Mattress Accessories & Bedding
Best Microfiber Bed Sheets
Microfiber sheets utilize highly durable and tightly woven fibers to create a soft and luxurious sleeping environment. But with the number of microfiber sheet sets on the market today, trying to pick the best set can be pretty time consuming. Check out our picks of the four best microfiber bed sheets you can buy.
The Best Mattresses for Sex
Your mattress is for more than sleep. Find the best mattresses for sex and learn what important qualities to consider in a mattress for sex.