Feb 18th, 2022 •
No matter your age, you probably have a favorite blanket. And, there is something about snuggling up under your favorite blanket on a cold night that just relaxes you, right? A great blanket should make you feel cozy and worry-free but it should also keep you from getting too hot. Coverlets are super versatile, lightweight blankets that you can use in almost any room.
Now, maybe you have a great coverlet but, trust us, you can never have too many blankets. Whether it is time to replace an old blanket or just add a new one to your collection, you have come to the right place to get some shopping tips. We’ve slept through and snuggled under some of the most popular coverlets available today – all to find the perfect ones for your needs.
Our Top Picks for the Best Coverlets
By clicking on the product links in this article, Mattress Advisor may receive a commission fee at no cost to you, the reader. Read full disclosure statement.
Bedsure’s Quilt Coverlet Set features a beautifully embroidered flower petal pattern with lush floral scrolls that will add a vintage feel to your bedroom.
The quilt is 100% microfiber so it is super soft and hypoallergenic. It’s machine-washable and has tight seams and stitching that will hold up through numerous washes. It’s a lightweight quilt, so it is perfect for anyone who sleeps hot or for those upcoming summer nights. The beautiful quilt comes in 15 different color choices and three different sizes: twin, full/queen, and king.
- Beautifully embroidered design
- Great for hot sleepers and night sweats
- Easy to clean
- Runs small
This coverlet made by Mellanni is a soft and durable blanket set that will last you forever; in fact, Mellanni guarantees it.
Mellanni offers a lifetime guarantee for their coverlet set that gives you the ultimate peace of mind when purchasing as they will give you 100% of your money back if you decide you don’t like it at any time. The blanket is made from high-quality microfiber and comes in 12 different patterns and colors and all featuring a unique and gorgeous embroidered pattern. The 3-piece set comes with 2 pillow shams and 1 coverlet in a full/queen size or a king/California king size.
- Beautiful pattern choices
- Oversized to cover the sides of your bed
- Only two sizes
Most Oversized Fit
More than likely, you are looking for a coverlet that will drape over the sides of your bed, almost to the floor.
If you are looking for that oversized feel, Chezmoi Collection’s oversized coverlet is the perfect option for you. The queen size coverlet measures 100” by 106” and the king-size measures 118” by 106”. Also, the 3-piece set comes in 15 different colors, so you can be confident you will find the perfect color.
- Many color options
- Oversized design drapes over the sides of the bed
- Only available in two sizes – Queen or King
The Exclusivo Mezcla coverlet set features delicate geometric stitching and a reversible, two-toned design.
Unlike traditional quilts, the geometric design that is featured on this quilt was made using a pin-sonic machine, which uses ultrasonic energy to add embroidered patterns and results in a more durable and lightweight quilt. The quilt comes in 7 color options with a different color on each side of the quilt.
- Stylish, geometric pattern
- Vibrant color options
- Runs small
Things to Consider When Purchasing a Coverlet
Here is what you need to look for in your next coverlet:
- Material: The material your coverlet is made from will affect its performance and durability. Microfiber and wool coverlets will be better insulators, while cotton is a little more breathable and lightweight.
- Design: After you have decided on the material you prefer in a coverlet, the design is going to be your next big decision. One of the best things about coverlets is how many designs and colors they come in, so don’t worry about not being able to find one that fits your tastes. Consider whether you want to make a bold statement with your coverlet or if you just want it to blend in with your decor.
- Weight: Coverlets are meant to be light, but there are some out there that are on the heavier side. Before you purchase a coverlet, read the manufacturer’s weight description to figure out if the coverlet is light, medium, or heavy-weight.
- Ease of care: All of the coverlets we chose are made of microfiber, so they are all machine washable. However, not all coverlets will be machine washable. Read the manufacturer’s care recommendations to check whether the blanket is machine washable or dry clean only.
We love coverlets because of their versatility. They can be used as a layering piece or can be easily tucked in for an elegant look. They can be folded up and used as an accent piece on the end of the bed. They are super lightweight and make the perfect blanket on a warm summer night or they can be paired with a top sheet and keep you cool through the winter.
Many coverlets come with a reversible design which makes switching up the colors that much easier. In addition, their affordability means that you can purchase a few different colors and patterns to update your bed’s look regularly. Make sure you use our list of the best coverlets available on Amazon to help you decide upon the perfect coverlet set for your needs.
Mattress Accessories & Bedding
The Difference Between Quilts and Comforters
Quilts and comforters are a staple in keeping people warm and cozy night after night. We know they vary in use, but what exactly separates quilts vs comforters.
Mattress Accessories & Bedding
Best Duvet Covers
Find out which duvet cover best suits your sleep style and see our picks for the best duvet covers of 2021.