The Best Luxury Sheet Sets Money Can Buy in 2021
Dec 6th, 2022 •
Shopping for “luxury” items typically involves a higher price tag. However, the meaning of luxury can vary per person, and it may not necessarily mean you’re breaking the bank.
Besides, everyone deserves to dress their bed in high-quality products for top-of-the-line comfort. When it comes to finding the best sheets, it’s a matter of knowing what to look for while keeping your preference in mind. High thread count sheets may not always mean the best sheets.
Ready to start sleeping like royalty with the best bed sheets? Check out our top picks for the best luxury sheet sets sold on Amazon and learn the factors to consider when shopping for a set of high-quality sheets.
Best Luxury Sheet Sets: Our Top Picks
- Best Overall – Cozy Earth Bamboo Sheet Set
- Best Affordable Luxury Sheets – Mellanni Bed Sheet Set
- Best Egyptian Cotton Luxury Sheets – True Luxury 1000-Thread-Count Sheets
- Most Variety of Color Choices – Best Luxury 400-Thread-Count Sheet Set
- Best Cooling Luxury Sheets – Feather & Stitch 500 Thread Count Sheets
Best Overall Luxury Sheet Set
- Material: Bamboo
- Thread count: 300
- Sizes available: Twin, Twin XL, Full, Queen, King, Cal King, and Split King
- Trial period: 100 nights
If you’re looking for a luxurious sleeping experience, we’d like to recommend our top pick for luxury sheets: the Cozy Earth Bamboo Sheet Set. While these sheets don’t have a super high thread count, Cozy Earth points out that the power is in the quality of materials. You should find these sheets are not only soft but durable.
Speaking of materials, these sheets are made out of viscose, derived from bamboo. Hot sleepers should enjoy the naturally cooling properties of these sheets, which help wick away moisture. This product comes in twin/twin XL, full, queen, king, California king, and split king.
- Ethical production
- 10-year warranty and free shipping
- Machine washable
- They don’t have a large color selection, offering seven primarily neutral options
Best Affordable Luxury Sheet Set
- Material: Brushed microfiber
- Thread count: Unlisted
- Sizes available: Twin, Twin XL, Full, Queen, King, Cali King, and Split King
- Trial period: Lifetime Manufacturer Guarantee
The Mellanni Bed Sheet Set isn’t made with the highest quality Egyptian Cotton; however, the materials feel super soft and just as luxurious as top-of-the-line materials. This sheet set is listed for an unbeatable price ($47.97) and provides undeniable comfort. Made with 100-percent brushed microfiber, these sheets are breathable, warm, and have a silky feel.
Each set includes one flat sheet, one fitted sheet, and two pillowcases. The set is entirely fade, stain, shrink, and wrinkle-resistant. Lastly, the fitted sheet is made with deep pockets and an elastic band to ensure a fitted grip each time you make the bed. They are available in 44 different color options and seven different sizes.
- Most affordable option on this list
- Soft microfiber is very durable
- Fade, stain, shrink, and wrinkle resistant
- Says they’re made with deep pockets, but they’re only 16 inches, which may not be deep enough for beds with a thick memory foam topper
Best Egyptian Cotton Luxury Sheets
- Material: Egyptian cotton
- Thread count: 1000
- Sizes available: Queen, King, and Cali King
- Trial period: 5-year warranty
The best material for your sheets is 100-percent, long staple, pure Egyptian cotton. The True Luxury Bed Sheet Set provides you with nothing less. These 100-percent Egyptian Cotton sheets are constructed with a sateen weave with a thread count of 1000.
The set includes four pieces including a fitted sheet with extra deep pockets, a flat sheet, and two standard pillowcases. Each piece of the set is breathable and compatible with all skin types. They are anti-pilling, anti-bacterial, and machine-washable. You can purchase this set in 21 different colors and six different sizes.
- Sateen weave for beautiful shine with natural, breathable feel
- 18” deep pockets
- One of the more expensive options on this list
Most Variety of Color Choices
- Material: Natural cotton
- Thread count: 400
- Sizes available: Twin, Twin XL, Full, Short Queen, Queen, King, and Cali King
- Trial period: 30 days
The California Design Den’s Cotton Sheet Set is ultra-soft with its shiny satin-like fabric. This luxurious sheet set is made with 100-percent long-staple pure cotton using the Sateen Luxe weave method. With a 400-thread count and eco-friendly properties, these sheets sleep comfortably and cozy.
Each sheet set includes a flat sheet, fully elasticized fitted sheet with 16-inch deep pockets, and two pillow cases. Plus, there are over 23 colors and fun patterns to choose from to speak to your interior design. Not everyone wants to sleep on plain white sheets after all!
- Over 23 colors and patterns to choose from
- Certified as Standard 100 by OEKO-Tex
- Comes with head/foot tag to simplify the process of putting the fitted sheet on your mattress
- Very short trial period
Best Cooling Luxury Sheets
- Material: Cotton
- Thread count: 500
- Sizes available: Full, Queen, King, Cali King, and Split King
- Trial period: Unclear
Bring the hotel-style sheets to your bedroom with the Feather and Stitch Cotton Sheets. Made with 100-percent cotton, these sheets are crisp and refreshing. They provide a cooling capability each time you hop into bed. This sheet set has a 500-thread count and is detailed with a sateen weave method.
Each set includes one flat sheet, one elasticized fitted sheet with 18-inch deep pockets, and two standard pillowcases. A secret joy that comes included on this set is the direction indicator on each sheet. Instead of hassling back and forth to figure out how to properly place the sheet on your bed, these sets include panels that say, “SIDE” and “TOP OR BOTTOM.” Say hello to comfort and goodbye to frustration!
- Sleep cool
- 18” deep pockets
- Sateen weave for breathability
- Not clear about the time allowed for a trial period
What Are Luxury Sheets?
The term “luxury” means different things to different people, and this inconsistency applies to luxury sheets as well. Some people define luxury by thread-count, others by weave, and others simply determine whether a sheet set is luxury-level by the price.
Unfortunately, this lack of a clear definition means that all kinds of sheets can be sold as “luxury,” and they can raise their prices accordingly, without actually providing the buyer with benefits worth the cost.
The best way to determine whether your sheets will provide enough actual luxury qualities to be worth the price is to look for four basic properties: breathability, softness, durability, and health safety.
- Breathable sheets are more luxurious for most people because they keep you from getting the night sweats, which can interrupt sleep and make for a rough morning.
- Softness is also important, although not quite as important as you might think. Most sheets get soft after a few washes, so thread-count actually isn’t the best indicator of luxury.
- Durability is another important factor when it comes to luxury sheets because sheets that fall apart after a few months were clearly not well-made.
- Finally, sheets may be considered luxury if they provide health benefits. For instance, some sheets are hypoallergenic, eco-friendly, or chemical-free. Since we spend nearly one-third of our lives sleeping in our beds, it’s important that they’re good for our health.
Should You Buy Luxury Sheets?
The advantages outweigh the disadvantages but here are some things you should know before purchasing a set of luxury sheets.
Pros of a luxury sheet set:
- Sleeps cooler than other standard sheets (no more sweating in your sleep!)
- Softer to touch (or) fresh and crisp – depending on materials
- Long-lasting and durable
- Less wrinkles and shrinkage after washing
- Better on all skin types
Cons of a luxury sheet set:
- Some brands have unreliable marketing
- Thread count is deceptive
How to Choose the Best Luxury Sheets
What makes a set of sheets luxurious is always up for debate. There are a few things that you should consider before picking out your sheets to ensure they are the right fit for you.
Consider thread count
Many believe that thread count determines the overall quality of the sheets. Although thread count is intended to explain the woven quality of the fabric, it’s not always reliable. Keep in mind that the best sheets are made from extra-long single-ply cotton with a thread count typically ranging from 300-400. In other words, focus more on the materials that make up your sheets, rather than the thread count.
Understand differences in weave
There are two common weave methods (percale and sateen) that explain the way the threads of the sheets are stitched together. One is not necessarily better than the other; it depends on each person’s preference.
- Percale: These types of sheets feel more firm and fresh. Compare percale sheets to the feel of the sheets provided in a hotel.
- Sateen: Sateen sheets have a smooth and softer feel. They tend to sleep a little warmer than percale.
Pick your favorite material
The most luxurious quality of material for sheets is said to be 100 percent Egyptian cotton, while 100 percent pima cotton follows in second. When you find a sheet set that truly markets 100 percent Egyptian or pima cotton, the sheets will cost anywhere from $200-$800. Other materials that compare at a much affordable price are microfiber, cotton, linen, silk, and much more.
Related: Best linen sheets
High-quality sheets often come with a higher price tag because they are more complicated to make than cheap sheets, but a higher price tag does not automatically mean the sheets are high-quality. Some brands try to rip off customers by using all the right words (high thread-count, Egyptian cotton, etc.) without actually providing those things. Before buying a luxury sheet set, make sure you trust the company and can verify important information like material, thread-count, and trial period.
For luxury sheets that are the best of the best, you will likely pay at least $150, and in some cases, the price may be upwards of $400. If you don’t want to break the bank, there are more affordable luxury sheets, but they may be lacking in one or more of those key categories: breathability, softness, durability, and health benefits.
The best way to find luxury sheets in your price range is to determine which of these four categories is most important to you, and compromise on the other three. If you are willing to compromise, you can find luxury sheets that suit your needs for at little as $50.
FAQs about Luxury Sheets
What are the luxury sheets that hotels use?
Hotel sheets are often cotton or Egyptian cotton sheets with a thread count around 300-400. The weave type of hotel sheets is typically percale as it appeals most to the majority of people for its breathability.
What type of luxury sheets don’t wrinkle?
Long-staple cotton fiber sheets are less likely to wrinkle, but it’s still important to follow proper maintenance and pull them out of the dryer before they’re completely dry to avoid wrinkles.
How expensive are luxury sheets?
It depends on the materials, brand, and size. The larger size mattress you’re accommodating, the more you will pay. The luxury sheets we’ve rounded up are all less than $100 for a queen size mattress set.
What are the softest luxury sheets?
There are many sheet types that are soft including silk, bamboo, cotton, linen, jersey (feels like a t-shirt), microfiber, and flannel sheets. Sateen sheets are also known for being softer than a percale sheet set.
What is Oeko-Tex Certification?
This certification on bedding materials means the sheets were tested for harmful substances and met the highest standards for being safe and clean.
Compare the best luxury bed sheet sets below:
|Product||Material||Thread Count||Best for||Customer Rating|
|Cozy Earth Bamboo Sheet Set||Bamboo||300||Best Overall||5/5|
|Mellanni Bed Sheet Set||Brushed Microfiber||Unlisted||Best Affordable Luxury||4.5/5|
|True Luxury Sheets||Egyptian Cotton||1000||Best Egyptian Cotton||4.1/5|
|Best Luxury Sheet Set||Natural Cotton||400||Most Variety of Color Choices||4.5/5|
|Feather & Stitch Sheets||Cotton||500||Best Cooling||4.6/5|
Ultimately, when it comes to selecting the best luxury sheets for your bedding, you have to consider your budget and personal preference. Your definition of luxury is different from the next person; therefore, try to find the sheets that are best for your sleep scenario.
Mattress Accessories & Bedding
The Best Sheets of 2023
Find the best sheets for your needs. See best luxury, budget, cotton, flannel, organic sheets, and more.
Mattress Accessories & Bedding
Best Cooling Sheets
Cooling sheets are a smart investment for those prone to sleeping hot or night sweating. Finding the right set can be laborious; here are some things to consider.
Mattress Accessories & Bedding
Best Egyptian Cotton Sheets
Check out our top picks for the best Egyptian cotton sheet set online, plus learn how to properly care for these luxurious sheets.