There are several reasons that you may be shopping for twin sheets. Whether you yourself sleep on a twin, you own a twin bunk bed, have a kid’s room with a twin-sized bed or have one in the guest bedroom, twin-sized mattresses are common enough that the sheet optionality for this size can seem endless. To help you find the perfect twin sheets for your mattress and start getting a better night’s sleep, we’ve compiled a list of the best twin sheets on the market today.
Breathable brushed microfiber
Anyone who is looking to get a long-lasting and luxuriously soft set of sheets for their twin mattress can rest assured thanks to CGK Unlimited.
Why we love it:
- According to CGK, the high-quality, double brushed microfiber used in these sheets is softer than Egyptian cotton – the gold standard in cotton sheets. In addition to being softer than the highest quality cotton, these twin sheets are perfect for anyone who sleeps on the hot side, as the sheets are extremely breathable.
- Overall, these are some of the most comfortable and softest microfiber sheets out there. The 3-piece twin sheet set comes with one flat sheet measuring 96” by 66”, one fitted sheet measuring 75” by 38”, and one standard pillowcase that measures 20” by 40”. The fitted sheet fits beds up to 16-inches and features a double elastic band to ensure that the sheet fits securely to your mattress.
Silky soft and breathable
If you love the feeling of a five-star hotel’s bedding, but want it in the comfort of your own home, then Mellanni’s brushed microfiber twin size bedding is exactly what you’ve been hoping for.
Why we love it:
- With a feel that is equivalent to that of a 1800 thread count cotton sheet, these brushed microfiber sheets are some of the softest and most luxurious sheets on the market today. These silky soft sheets will make anyone think that they are sleeping on five-star luxury bedding.
- This three-piece set comes in over 20 colors and patterns and includes one flat sheet (which measures 66” x 96″), one fitted sheet (which measures 39” x 75″), and one pillowcase (which measures 20″ x 30”). Also, the fitted sheet has a pocket that will securely fit up to a 16” mattress.
Tons of color and design options for all decor preferences
Best for dorm room
If you are looking for a high-quality yet incredibly affordable twin sheet set, then look no further than these lightweight microfiber sheets.
Why we love it:
- The sheets utilize a 100% polyester microfiber that is even more durable than cotton and will continue to last, wash after wash, with minimal to no fading. In addition, the microfiber sheets are hypoallergenic, because dust mites and other allergens cannot penetrate the tight weave.
- The sheets are extremely easy to care for and offer exceptional softness along with long-lasting strength. Plus, they are made in an Oeko-Tex Standard 100 factory – Oeko-Tex is an independent certification system that ensures textiles meet high safety and environmental standards. The twin sheet set includes one 66 x 96 inch flat sheet, one 38 x 74 inch fitted sheet, with a 14-inch deep pocket, and one 20 x 30 inch pillowcase.
Soft and durable
Best deep pockets
Made of high quality brushed microfiber, these sheets will bring the comfort and softness while still having the durability to last for several years.
Why we love it:
- No matter if you have a thick pillow-top mattress, a mattress topper or just a really tall mattress, these sheets were designed to fit it all. The deep pockets can fit up to 16 inches and the fitted sheet is lined with elastic to ensure it’ll stay in place throughout the night.
- From eggplant to cream to burgundy, you’ll be sure to find a color of these sheets that will please your design eye.
- These sheets are great for year-round use, as they’re light enough to keep you cool in the warm months while still being thick enough to keep you warm in the colder months.
Frequently asked questions
What does thread count mean? Thread count is the number of threads that have been woven together in one square inch of a fabric. In general, thread count equates to the softness and quality of a cotton sheet.
What is the most breathable cotton sheet? Egyptian and Supima are the finest cottons available, making them the lightest and most breathable cotton sheets.
What’s better: percale or sateen weaves? Neither one is inherently better than the other, it is all about personal preference. Percale sheets feel crisp as they’re made from a traditional over-under weaving method. On the other hand, sateen weaves cause sheets to feel super smooth and plush and are made using a method that places more threads over top of the weave, which causes the soft and smooth feeling.
Do microfiber sheets have thread counts? No, microfiber sheets do not have thread counts.
So, what is that big number listed in the name of some the microfiber sheets? That number is used by the makers of the sheets to provide you with a softness rating but it is referencing cotton sheets with a similar thread count. So, if a microfiber sheet has the number 1600 in the title or description, then the manufacturer is claiming that the sheets have a similar softness to cotton sheets with a 1600-thread count.
No matter if you are shopping for yourself, your kids, or your guests, a quality set of twin sheets is well worth the effort. The sheets we sleep on each night play a serious role in the quality of sleep we receive – and everyone deserves a good night’s sleep each night. Make sure to utilize our picks for the best twin sized bed sheet available to find the perfect sheets for your needs.