Brooklyn Bedding Talalay Latex Pillow Review
Considering the Brooklyn Bedding Talalay Latex Pillow? Read our accessory review to determine if it's best for you.
Aug 8th, 2022 •
The Brooklyn Bedding Talalay Latex Pillow is a good match for for all types of sleepers since it comes in two different loft options. With an organic cotton cover and latex core, it’s also great for those with allergies or looking to save the planet.
|✔️Customer Rating: 4.7/5|
|✔️Mattress Advisor Score: 8.9/10|
|✔️Type: Latex Pillow|
Get 25% off Sitewide
Overview: Brooklyn Bedding carefully designed a responsive pillow that gives the bounce you need when switching between positions. It’s super durable so even though it has a higher upfront price, you’ll be good for many years to come. And if all that isn’t enough, it comes with a removable cover so clean-up is a breeze.
Who is the Brooklyn Bedding Talalay Latex Pillow Best For?
|Brooklyn Bedding Talalay Latex Pillow is best for:||Brooklyn Bedding Talalay Latex Pillow may not be best for:|
How We Scored the Brooklyn Bedding Talalay Latex Pillow
When reviewing pillows, we rate each factor on a scale of 1-10; 10 means it exceeds expectations and 1 means it has significant room for improvement. To reach our final score, we calculate a weighted average from all 5 categories. Read more about our review process here.
|Mattress Advisor Test||Score (Out of 10)|
⭐Total Score for the Brooklyn Bedding Talalay Latex Pillow: 8.9/10⭐
Brooklyn Bedding Talalay Latex Pillow Performance Highlights
- Natural Materials: Brooklyn Bedding is thoughtful about what materials go into its Talalay Latex Pillow so you can have a cleaner sleep.
- Responsiveness: During our testing of this pillow, we noticed that it did a good job of adjusting to our head movements when we changed from lying on our back to on our side.
- Durability: As a Talalay latex pillow, this is very durable and will likely last much longer than a traditional down alternative pillow.
- Cost: Like other sleep products made from natural materials, the Brooklyn Bedding Talalay Latex Pillow comes with a high price tag since it’s a quality product.
- Not Completely Made in the U.S.: Some of Brooklyn Bedding’s sleep accessories are imported, so this may not be made completely in the U.S.
What’s It Made of?
The Brooklyn Bedding Talalay Latex Pillow comes wrapped in an organic cotton cover. This unzips and can be thrown in the washing machine.
Inside the Brooklyn Bedding Talalay Latex Pillow is a block of latex with perforated air holes. Its thickness varies depending on if you select the low or high loft option.
About the Materials
Cotton has two superpowers when it comes to pillows. It’s breathable and super soft. We especially like that Brooklyn Bedding uses organic cotton since it means the fabric is free of harmful chemicals.
Talalay latex is the coolest type of latex. It keeps you at an ideal temperature by allowing airflow in your pillow.
What Makes the Brooklyn Bedding Talalay Latex Pillow Special?
- In addition to coming in two size options, customers can choose between a low and high loft based on their preference.
- Since this pillow uses Talalay latex, it’s naturally hypoallergenic and free of harmful chemicals.
- The foam insert used in this pillow is highly responsive and promotes a healthy spinal alignment.
Brooklyn Bedding Talalay Latex Pillow Sizes, Dimensions, and Pricing
|Queen||20″ x 30″||$89|
|King||16″ x 32″||$99|
*Prices listed are standard without sales or Mattress Advisor exclusive discounts. Click below to find the best price for the Brooklyn Bedding Talalay Latex Pillow.
Now that you’re considering buying the Talalay Latex Pillow, learn about what it’s like to buy a sleep accessory from Brooklyn Bedding.
|Delivery||Free shipping via FedEx Ground to the contiguous U.S., takes between 3-14 business days|
|Trial Period||None available|
|Return Policy||Free returns for 30 days after purchase|
|Financing||Available through Katapult|
Shipping and Delivery
Brooklyn Bedding provides free shipping on all products ordered in the contiguous U.S. Orders from Hawaii or Alaska are $45 per sleep accessory and $65 per accessory for those in Canada.
Typical shipping time takes 3-5 business days, but with COVID-19 impacts they may take up to 10-14 business days.
Trial and Warranty
While the Brooklyn Bedding Talalay Latex Pillow doesn’t come with a sleep trial, you can return it at any time during your first 30 days. If you decide to return the pillow, Brooklyn Bedding asks that you package it and email them at firstname.lastname@example.org to let them know the dimensions so they can send you a pre-paid packaging slip. Once they receive your pillow, you will receive a full refund.
All Brooklyn Bedding pillows come with a 3-year warranty. This covers any manufacturing defects.
- “I’ve been using the Talalay for three weeks now and it is absolutely the best pillow I’ve ever used. I’m a side sleeper and suffer from really bad upper back and neck pain due to my job, bad posture, and just general stress/tension. I got the high profile Talalay and it’s truly perfect.” – Kayla S.
- “I had been having neck pain for several months when sleeping. Two nights on this pillow completely cleared it up.” – John B.
- “I am a pillow snob and this is the first pillow I’ve been completely happy with.” – Amy H.
Is the Brooklyn Bedding Talalay Latex Pillow Right for You?
The Brooklyn Bedding Talalay Latex Pillow is great for those with allergies or shoppers wanting an all-natural pillow. It also is very responsive, making it a great option for combination sleepers who change positions throughout the night. Since it comes in two different loft sizes, it works great for all types of sleeping positions.
We however wouldn’t recommend this pillow to those with extreme latex allergies since it could cause you to have a reaction. Instead, consider the Coop Home Goods Original Pillow, which is customizable like the Brooklyn Bedding Talalay Pillow but uses a memory foam filling.
Brooklyn Bedding Talalay Latex Pillow FAQs
How do I wash my Brooklyn Bedding Talalay Latex Pillow?
To wash your Talalay Latex Pillow, simply remove the pillow cover and toss it into your washing machine. Brooklyn Bedding recommends washing it on a gentle setting and tumble drying on low, or letting it air dry. When cleaning the pillow insert, spot clean only.
Is this pillow hypoallergenic?
Yes! The Brooklyn Bedding Talalay Latex Pillow is hypoallergenic and a great option for those with asthma or allergies.
Can I sleep on the Brooklyn Bedding Talalay Latex Pillow if I have a latex allergy?
Brooklyn Bedding designed the pillow cover and insert to be hypoallergenic. However, if you have a severe latex allergy, you may want to consult your doctor before purchasing it. For more about latex allergies and latex sleep products, read our guide.
What other pillows does Brooklyn Bedding sell?
By clicking on the product links in this article, Mattress Advisor may receive a commission fee at no cost to you, the reader. Read full disclosure statement.
Mattress Accessories & Bedding
Best Hypoallergenic Pillows
Whether you have allergies or not, everyone benefits from a pillow that forbids dust mites and other allergens from getting anywhere near your head while sleeping. Discover the best hypoallergenic pillows here.
Mattress Accessories & Bedding
Best Luxury Pillows
Ever dreamed of sleeping on a luxury pillow? Find one that aligns with your budget and sleep needs in this collection of Best Luxury Pillows on the market.
Mattress Accessories & Bedding
Best Cooling Pillows
Learn how cooling pillows, designed to refresh and release heat, can improve your sleeping experience.