Breaking Down the Brooklyn Bedding Mattress Warranty
Understanding your Brooklyn Bedding mattress warranty is quick and simple in this breakdown.
Mar 18th, 2021 •
Brooklyn Bedding is a family-owned bed-in–a-box mattress company. They craft high-quality hybrid and foam mattresses for an affordable price.
We’ve had the opportunity to perform mattress reviews on all of their mattress models, and while we think you’ll always have a great sleep experience on your Brooklyn Bedding mattress, if you do need to file a warranty claim, this breakdown will tell you all you need to know in clear, concise language. We’ll cover warranty defects, how to file a claim, fine print details, and FAQs.
What Does the Brooklyn Bedding Warranty Cover?
Brooklyn Bedding offers a 10-year warranty for all of their mattress models, including the Brooklyn Bedding Signature Mattress, Bowery Hybrid Mattress, Brooklyn Aurora, Bloom Hybrid, Spartan, Titan, and Plank.
The warranty period starts when you buy your mattress, and it extends for a full 10 years.
During the 120-night trial period, you can return your mattress for a full refund (minus any discounts) under their risk-free return policy. Once the sleep trial ends, Brooklyn Bedding will ship you a replacement mattress for free*, rather than giving you a refund.
In order for the warranty to apply, you have to be the original buyer and purchase your mattress directly from Brooklyn Bedding or one of their authorized retailers like Amazon.
We’ve compiled a list of defects covered by Brooklyn Bedding’s mattress warranty below:
- A break down in the structure of latex or polyfoam layers
- Body impressions that are greater than 1”
- Cracking or splitting of the mattress layers (after normal handling and use)
*Customers in Alaska, Hawaii, and Canada will be responsible for shipping.
What Doesn’t It Cover?
The Brooklyn Bedding mattress warranty doesn’t cover all defects or damages, particularly those that result from handling the mattress in a way that damages the materials or construction. Here are the defects not covered:
- A normal increase in the softness of the mattress that is part of the break-in process, including a normal decrease in responsiveness of latex materials
- Stains or normal wear and tear of the mattress cover
- Indentations in the mattress top layers that are shallower than 1”
- Changes in the way sheets fit on the mattress
- Sagging or other damages caused by using a foundation that doesn’t adequately support the mattress and sleepers
- Second-hand mattresses or any Brooklyn Bedding mattresses not sold by Brooklyn Bedding or one of their authorized retailers
- Other Brooklyn Bedding sleep products (i.e. adjustable bases, pillows, sheets)
- Off-gassing odors, which are usually temporary and non-toxic (Brooklyn Bedding uses Certipur-US certified foam layers)
- Perceived changes in comfort, such as changes in contouring, edge support, motion isolation, breathability, or pressure point relief
- Physical damages to the mattress caused by burns, stains, tears, etc.
What Voids the Warranty?
Your Brooklyn Bedding mattress warranty can be voided if you use the wrong foundation or bed frame. Brooklyn Bedding mattresses are designed to be stored on flat, solid foundations, not box springs. If you have a slatted bed, the slats shouldn’t be more than 4” apart. Brooklyn Bedding recommends using wood or metal boxes, platforms, or slatted foundations.
Your warranty can also be voided by leaving your mattress in the box for longer than 60 days, since this can compromise the quality and functionally of the mattress.
The Fine Print
We read through all the nitty-gritty fine print details on Brooklyn Bedding’s mattress warranty and summarized them in easy-to-read language here:
- Brooklyn Bedding’s warranty voids all other warranties, including spoken or implied warranties (ex: warranty of merchantability or fitness), unless protected by your state. Spoken warranties are those communicated orally by a salesperson, and implied warranties are just that – implied by the law.
- Replacement mattresses receive a new warranty period, beginning on the date that your new mattress is delivered.
- Brooklyn Bedding doesn’t allow customers to upgrade their replacement mattress, even if you are willing to pay the difference in price points. You’ll get the same mattress model – or the closest model currently offered by Brooklyn Bedding.
- If you make a warranty claim, Brooklyn Bedding may ask you to show proof of a suitable mattress foundation. If you’re unsure about the suitability of the foundation you plan to use, reach out to one of the customer care reps on the Brooklyn Bedding website or over the phone by calling 1.888.210.8751.
Filing a Claim
Brooklyn Bedding keeps their warranty claim process simple. If you think you are eligible for a warranty claim, email their team at email@example.com. They will respond within 24 hours and ask you to send them a description – possibly including photos – of the defect. Once your claim is approved by management, a new mattress will be shipped to you.
Since Brooklyn Bedding builds all of their mattresses to order in Phoenix, Arizona, it can take 7-10 business days after the order has been approved for your mattress to ship. Brooklyn Bedding uses FedEx or UPS to ship the replacement mattress to you for free, unless you live in Alaska or Hawaii.
What happens to my old mattress when I receive my replacement mattress?
Depending on the condition of the old mattress, you can either donate it or Brooklyn Bedding can help arrange for a recycling pick up.
What are the care instructions for Brooklyn Bedding mattresses?
Brooklyn Bedding recommends rotating the mattress every 6 months to make sure it breaks in evenly. We advise using a waterproof mattress protector and keeping your bed away from open flames or moisture.
How do I contact the customer support team?
Brooklyn Bedding’s customer support team is available over email at firstname.lastname@example.org, phone at 1.888.210.8751, or online chat. The phone and chat hours are Monday-Friday 7AM-7PM PST and Saturday-Sunday 9AM-5PM PST.
How can I adjust the comfort of my mattress if the defect isn’t covered by warranty?
Brooklyn Bedding will send you a plush foam mattress topper for free if the firmness level of your mattress doesn’t feel right. The topper turns a firm mattress into a medium firm mattress or a medium mattress into a soft mattress.
Mattress Warranty Breakdowns
Having a problem with your mattress? Most mattresses come with a warranty, find out what a mattress warranty covers and how to file a claim for over 20 top brands.
Leesa Mattress Coupons
You never have to pay full price using our exclusive Leesa mattress coupons. Save up to $400 on a Leesa mattress this season. Learn more about Leesa and how to snag the discount you’ve been searching for.
Mattress Accessories & Bedding
Best Sheets for Your Leesa Mattress
Have you recently purchased your dream Leesa mattress? To ensure the best sleep possible, you must choose the right sheets for your Leesa mattress.