Brooklyn Bedding vs Tempur-Pedic Mattress Comparison
In this mattress comparison, you’ll see how Brooklyn Bedding compares to the most popular Temper-Pedic mattress models when it comes to benefits, construction, and price.
Sep 12th, 2022 •
Brooklyn Bedding and Tempur-Pedic are two leaders in the mattress industry, yet their mattresses offer vastly different sleeping experiences. See how the Tempur-Pedic memory foam and hybrid mattress models compare to the more affordable Brooklyn Bedding line of foam and hybrid beds.
Related: Compare Mattresses
|Best For||Every sleeping position
People with back pain
Memory foam lovers
Every sleeping position
Luxury mattress shoppers
|Special Features||Wide mattress variety
Risk-free trial period
Superb spinal support
|Hugging memory foam
Excellent pressure relief
- Multiple Firmness options: Both brands have mattress models with multiple firmness levels, allowing customers to customize their perfect bed based on their preferences.
- Sleeping Positions: Tempur-Pedic and Brooklyn Bedding manufacture beds that work for every sleep position.
- Cooling Potential: Both companies boast cutting-edge cooling technology, with certain mattress models sleeping exceptionally cool.
- Mattress Type: Every Tempur-Pedic mattress is a memory foam or memory foam hybrid bed, while Brooklyn Bedding crafts all-foam beds and hybrids, most without memory foam.
- Feel: Tempur-Pedic beds boast the distinct cradling memory foam feel, while Brooklyn Bedding mattresses do not. Instead, they have a more balanced foam feel that doesn’t hug the body as deeply.
- Price Point: The average Tempur-Pedic bed is more expensive than the average Brooklyn Bedding mattress, costing in the upper thousands.
- Sleep Trial & Return Policy: Only the Brooklyn Bedding sleep trial is truly risk-free, with free shipping and free returns during their 120-night trial. Tempur-Pedic returns cost $175, and their trial period is just 90 days.
Brooklyn Signature Hybrid vs Tempur-Adapt
Brooklyn Signature Hybrid Mattress Review Highlights
- Most Popular Brooklyn Bedding Mattress: The Brooklyn Signature Hybrid is their #1 selling mattress thanks to incredible features at a budget-friendly price point.
- Customizable Firmness: With a soft, medium, and firm option, you can choose your desired preference. This makes the Signature Hybrid great for side, stomach, and back sleepers.
- Pressure Relief: We found the Signature Hybrid to deliver near-perfect pressure point relief in our in-house testing. This is thanks to the combination of thick layers of foam atop pocketed coils that provide targeted relief.
Tempur-Adapt Mattress Review Highlights
- Value: The Adapt is one of Tempur-Pedic’s most affordable mattresses and boasts the deeply-contouring foam that they’re known for.
- Tempur-ES Material: A softer pressure-relieving memory foam top layer provides a marshmallowy feel.
- All-foam or Hybrid Option: Choose between the memory foam mattress or memory foam hybrid bed. Both have a medium firmness, but the hybrid offers a more responsive feel and a slightly cooler sleeping experience. The all-foam option has the traditional Tempur-Pedic foam mattress feel.
Compare Mattress Construction
The Brooklyn Signature is a hybrid mattress that comes in three firmness options: soft, medium, and firm. It’s made up of three layers of polyfoam and a support layer of innerspring coils.
The top layer is made from TitanFlex™ foam, a proprietary foam that balances the contouring of memory foam with the responsiveness of latex. Paired with VariFlex™ foam, it provides compression support so that you can sleep “on” rather than “in” the mattress.
The support core of pocketed Ascension coils provide support or give where you need it. This layer is ultra-breathable, creating a cool sleeping experience perfect for hot sleepers.
The Tempur-Adapt is a memory foam or memory foam hybrid with a medium firmness level. Both models have the distinct slow-response memory foam feel that Tempur-Pedic is known for. This means you’ll sink into the surface and experience a deep contouring feel. The hybrid model is a bit easier to move around on, and better for combo sleepers.
The high-density memory foam in the Adapt mattress absorbs motion much better than the Signature Hybrid’s polyfoam layers, making it superior for couples who sleep together. Their pressure-relieving properties are both outstanding, although the Signature is noticeably cooler.
While both mattresses are amongst the more affordable for each company, the Signature costs a fraction of the price of the Adapt mattress.
Related: Brooklyn Bedding Mattress Coupons
Brooklyn Aurora Luxe vs Tempur-LuxeBreeze
Brooklyn Aurora Luxe Mattress Review Highlights
- Excellent Performance: The Brooklyn Aurora Luxe earned one of the highest scores of any hybrid mattress that we’ve tested at the Mattress Advisor lab. This impressive performance means you won’t have to sacrifice one benefit for another; it’s an all-around outstanding mattress.
- Multiple Firmnesses: With three firmness levels—soft, medium, and firm—the Aurora hybrid works well for all sleeping positions.
- Cooling Technology: The Aurora mattress is one of the coolest mattresses that we’ve tested, earning it a runner-up spot on our list of the best cooling mattresses for hot sleepers.
Tempur-LuxeBreeze Mattress Review Highlights
- Shockingly Cool: Memory foam mattresses are known for sleeping hot, but you won’t have that problem on the LuxeBreeze. It sleeps 8° cooler than the typical foam mattress, making it perfect for hot sleepers.
- Pressure Relief: The LuxeBreeze has a generous layer of TEMPUR-APR foam, their most pressure-relieving foam. You’ll feel as if your body is melting into butter.
- Different Firmnesses: This mattress comes in soft and firm. Opt for soft if you’re a lightweight side sleeper or desire the ultimate cushion, or the firm if you need reliable support paired with close contouring.
Compare Mattress Construction
The Brooklyn Aurora Luxe is a 5-layer hybrid mattress. The soft firmness option delivers plush comfort perfect for side sleepers, the medium is great for the average sleeper, and the firm works well for anyone who wants a balance between firmness and cushion.
With 4.5” of foam atop 8” of innerspring coils, the Aurora Luxe does an excellent job at providing both cushion and support. Thanks to cooling gel and breathable coils, the Aurora Luxe sleeps exceptionally cool. And the springs make it easy to move around, so you’ll never feel stuck.
The Tempur-Pedic LuxeBreeze has a much different feel than the Aurora. The LuxeBreeze is a luxury memory foam mattress with a deeply hugging memory foam feel. This contouring foam provides better pressure relief than the Aurora, but it can also make sleepers who move around a lot feel stuck.
The LuxeBreeze comes in a soft and a firm option. The soft is ideal for lightweight side sleepers who need an ultra-plush surface, and the firm is wonderful for heavier side sleepers who love the pressure-relieving benefits of memory foam. But if you want something a bit more supportive and responsive, go with the Aurora.
While both beds are luxury mattresses, the LuxeBreeze costs over twice as much as the Aurora Luxe.
Spartan vs Tempur-ProBreeze
Spartan Mattress Review Highlights
- Recovery: The Spartan is one of the very few mattresses engineered to speed recovery. By using an FDA-approved technology that converts body heat to infrared rays, this mattress may help athletes and those with aches and pains heal faster.
- Spine Alignment: The Spartan earned a 9.5/10 in our spine alignment test. By supporting a healthy spine, the Spartan is great for people with neck or back pain.
- Cooling Properties: The Spartan is one of the coolest hybrid mattresses that we’ve tested. Brooklyn Bedding utilizes phase change molecules in the fabric for optimal temperature regulation.
Tempur-ProBreeze Mattress Review Highlights
- Cooling Technology: The ProBreeze mattress sleeps 3° cooler than the average memory foam mattress, keeping hot sleepers cool and dry.
- All-Foam or Hybrid: You can opt for an all-foam or hybrid model, both with a medium feel that works well for side, back, and stomach sleepers. The hybrid is slightly cooler, more responsive, and more supportive. It’s great for hot sleepers, those who toss and turn, and plus-size people. The all-foam model is perfect for memory foam mattress lovers.
- Original TEMPUR Material: The support layer is crafted from the original TEMPUR foam, perfect for people who love the original deep contouring and reliable support offered by Tempur-Pedic mattresses.
Compare Mattress Construction
The Brooklyn Bedding Spartan is a luxury hybrid mattress designed for athletes. Cutting-edge FDA-approved technology is incorporated to boost blood flow to body tissues and speed recovery. This technology combined with excellent spinal alignment creates a mattress perfect not only for athletes but for the elderly or anyone with aches and pains.
The Spartan comes in a soft, medium, and firm option, so it works for most sleepers, no matter their sleeping position or personal preferences. Nearly 5” of polyfoam and memory foam atop innerspring coils offer a balanced feel that’s at once soft and supportive.
The Tempur-PreBreeze is a medium firm bed that comes in either all-foam or a foam hybrid. Both options have a plush memory foam comfort layer and transition layer of the original TEMPUR foam, so you’ll feel like you’re sleeping “in” the mattress.
The ProBreeze’s memory foam layers offer superior pressure relief than the Spartan, and they also do a better job at limiting motion transfer. Both mattresses boast cooling technology and are great for hot sleepers. The Spartan’s soft and firm options are better for sleepers who prefer comfort extremes.
The ProBreeze costs roughly twice that of the Spartan mattress due to its advanced cooling technologies.
Bloom Hybrid vs Tempur-ProAdapt
Bloom Hybrid Mattress Review Highlights
- Eco-Friendly Construction: The Bloom Hybrid is one of the best mattresses for eco-conscious and health-conscious consumers. They utilize a wide variety of natural and recycled materials, including organic cotton, Joma wool, and organic Talalay latex.
- Cooling Mattress: The Bloom incorporates a variety of naturally-cool materials, including breathable cotton, moisture-wicking wool, cooling latex, and airy innerspring coils.
- Plush Yet Supportive: The cotton and wool create a plush pillow-top-like feel, while the responsive latex and supportive pocketed coils support and cushion the body. The feel is very balanced, not allowing you to sink in too far or feel like you’re floating on the surface.
Tempur-ProAdapt Mattress Review Highlights
- Most Popular Tempur-Pedic Bed: The ProAdapt is Tempur-Pedic’s most popular mattress model, well-loved by many thousands of happy customers.
- Advanced Pressure-Relieving Foam: It boasts Tempur-APR foam, their cutting-edge memory foam that cushions pressure points like nothing else on the market.
- Multiple Mattress Options: The ProAdapt is the only Tempur-Pedic mattress that comes in four varieties: soft, medium, medium hybrid, and firm. Use your preferred sleeping positions, weight, and firmness preference to determine the right bed for you!
Compare Mattress Construction
The Bloom Hybrid and ProAdapt share very little in common when it comes to their construction. The Bloom is made from eco-friendly materials like organic cotton, wool, and Talalay latex, while the ProAdapt’s memory foam layers are manufactured from not-so-eco-friendly petroleum.
Not only do these materials differ in how good they are for the environment, but they also have vastly different properties and feels. The Bloom’s cushy top layer feels a lot like a pillow top, with soft cotton and wool creating a cloud-like cushion. The ProAdapt’s memory foam top layer is plush, but in a slow-responsive memory foam way. The feel is more like a marshmallow—soft yet pliable.
The support layer of the Bloom Hybrid is comprised of individually-encased coils that deliver reliable support and a slightly bouncy feel. The mattress has a medium firmness level that works well for the average sleeper.
The ProAdapt comes in a soft, medium, medium hybrid, and firm option. This variety means that every memory foam lover can find a firmness and feel that works well for them. Expect exceptional pressure relief, but a slightly warmer sleeping experience than on the naturally-cool Bloom.
The Bloom is one of the more luxurious Brooklyn Bedding mattresses, but it’s still much less expensive than the Tempur-ProAdapt.
Bowery Hybrid vs Tempur-LuxeAdapt
Bowery Hybrid Mattress Review Highlights
- Affordable: The Bowery Hybrid is one of the most affordable high-quality hybrid mattresses that you’ll find.
- Motion Transfer: The multiple foam layers and individually-encased coils do a good job of limiting motion transfer from one side of the bed to the other. This is great for anyone who shares their mattress with a partner, child, or furry family member.
- Spine Alignment: We found the Bowery Hybrid to support healthy spine alignment, relieving back pain for back, stomach, and side sleepers.
Tempur-LuxeAdapt Mattress Review Highlights
- Pressure-Relieving Foam: The LuxeAdapt is designed for side sleepers and anyone else who wants a cloud-like cushion.
- For all Body Types: With 13” of foam and a firm mattress option, the LuxeAdapt is durable and supportive enough for heavy sleepers. And with a soft option, even lightweight side sleepers will enjoy adequate cushion.
- Motion Isolation: Thanks to thick layers of high-density memory foam, the LuxeAdapt nearly eliminates motion from one side of the bed to the other. This allows couples to sleep more deeply.
Compare Mattress Construction
The Brooklyn Bowery Hybrid is a budget-friendly hybrid mattress. Its top layer is a 1” quilted gel memory foam that contours to the body while keeping you cool. The next 2” of transition foam does a good job at cushioning pressure points while stopping the body from sinking in too low. Finally, the supportive coil layer adds breathability and a slightly bouncy feel.
The Tempur-LuxeAdapt is an ultra-luxurious memory foam mattress. It boasts a thick layer of TEMPUR-APR foam, some of the most pressure-relieving foam that you’ll find anywhere. This mattress has a deeply hugging memory foam feel. And with a soft and firm option, it’s perfect for side sleepers of every shape and size.
In comparison, the Bowery Hybrid only comes in one firmness option: medium. The medium feel is ideal for the average sleeper, and works well for every sleeping position. The Bowery Hybrid is a bit easier to move around on thanks to innerspring coils, and it sleeps a bit cooler than the LuxeAdapt. But if you’re looking for a luxury memory foam mattress, you can’t beat the LuxeAdapt.
The Bowery Hybrid is a budget-friendly bed and the LuxeAdapt a luxury mattress.
Compare Brooklyn Bedding vs Tempur-Pedic Sizes
Take a look at the dimensions of Brooklyn Bedding and Tempur-Pedic mattresses. You’ll notice that they have similar thicknesses, demonstrating that they both work well for people of all shapes and sizes.
|Twin||38” x 75”||38” x 74”|
|Twin XL||38” x 80”||38” x 80”|
|Full||53” x 75”||53” x 74”|
|Queen||60” x 80”||60” x 80”|
|King||76” x 80”||76” x 80”|
|California King||72” x 84”||72” x 84”|
Learn more about mattress sizes.
With both Brooklyn Bedding and Tempur-Pedic, you have a period of time when you can try out your new bed in the comfort of your own home. However, the length and terms of their sleep trials differ.
Brooklyn Bedding has the superior trial period. You have 120 nights to test your new bed. If you decide to return it, you’ll receive a full refund.
Tempur-Pedic’s sleep trial is 90 days, a full month less than Brooklyn Bedding’s. And if you return your new mattress, they charge a $175 return shipping fee.
Both of these companies offer a 10-year warranty for each of their mattresses. This covers defects in materials or workmanship, such as cracks in the foam.
Read More: Tempur-Pedic Mattress Warranty
Which Is the Best Mattress Brand?
The right mattress depends on your sleeping habits and personal preferences.
Brooklyn Bedding sells both budget-friendly and luxury mattresses. But even their luxury beds are less than most of the Tempur-Pedic mattresses. Brooklyn Bedding mattresses are primarily made from foams and coils that offer a balanced feel that falls between sleeping “on” and “in” a mattress. These beds excel at spine alignment, responsiveness, and cooling properties and work for all sleeping positions.
Tempur-Pedic crafts luxury memory foam and memory foam hybrid beds. Their mattresses are best for people who love memory foam. Each one has a slow-response foam feel and hugging memory foam sensation. The pressure relief that they offer is unparalleled, and they have a variety of firmnesses that appeal to all sleep positions. And if you’re willing to shell out a lot of cash, you can opt for one of the coolest memory foam mattresses on the market today.
Other Brooklyn Bedding and Tempur-Pedic Comparisons
Tempur-Pedic Mattress Reviews
The Tempur-Pedic mattress brand is synonymous with luxury memory foam mattresses that offer years of great sleep. Comb through our reviews and see which is right for you.
Brooklyn Bedding Mattress Reviews
Read our reviews of all 7 Brooklyn Bedding mattresses to learn what sets them apart and which mattress is best for you.
TEMPUR-Pedic mattresses are some of the most recognizable beds on the market, but they can be pricey. Explore some cheaper alternatives in our comparison guide.