DreamCloud Mattress Warranty Breakdown
Jan 19th, 2021 •
DreamCloud poured all of their mattress know-how into their one signature mattress. In this break down, we’ll cover their generous everlong warranty. In this article, we break down the warranty for DreamCloud’s luxury hybrid mattress, including which defects are covered, how you can void your warranty, and how to file a claim.
What the DreamCloud Mattress Warranty Covers
As evident from the warranty name, your DreamCloud mattress is covered for the full lifetime of your ownership. The warranty begins after your 365-night sleep trial. That’s right—you get a full year trial period and free returns to see if DreamCloud is the best mattress for you!
After the sleep trial, DreamCloud covers the following defects:
- Body impressions deeper than 1.5”
- Cracking or splitting of the memory foam layers
- Unraveled seams or defects in the mattress cover
All of the defects must be the result of normal use and proper handling. DreamCloud gives instructions for how to unbox, store, and use their mattress. Make sure to stick to those guidelines or you could void your warranty coverage (read more about what voids your warranty below).
If your mattress is proven to have a defect during the first 10 years of the warranty, DreamCloud will send you a brand new mattress. They will also work with you to donate your used mattress to a local charity.
During years 10+ of your warranty, DreamCloud will completely repair and recover your original mattress (or replace your mattress, at their discretion). They initially charge a $50 shipping fee both ways for repairs after 10 years, but that fee is waived once your mattress defect is deemed legitimate.
What the Warranty Does Not Cover
DreamCloud guarantees that their mattress will be free from manufacturing defects during the entire period of your ownership. With that said, there are some damages that their warranty does not cover. They include
- Body impressions shallower than 1.5”
- Normal softening of the memory foam
- Changes in your comfort preference (for example, perceived changes in pressure point relief)
- Accidental damages, such as stains, tears, and cuts
- DreamCloud mattresses that are sold secondhand
In other words, DreamCloud does not cover self-inflicted damages or subjective issues with the mattress’s effectiveness. To prevent these damages, we recommend using a mattress protector and rotating your mattress head-to-foot every 3-4 months.
What Voids the DreamCloud Mattress Warranty?
Unfortunately, you can void your mattress warranty. When that happens, you won’t be eligible for repairs for even covered defects. We’ll tell you what causes your warranty to be voided, so you can avoid those actions.
First, you must store your DreamCloud mattress on a platform bed or other appropriate bed frame. Hybrid and foam mattresses, whether Twin XL or California King, need a firm, solid surface to support their weight. Box springs are not recommended. If you are unsure whether your bed frame works for the DreamCloud mattress, reach out to their customer care team.
Also, exposing your mattress to extreme elements (rain, dew, excessive heat) can void your warranty. If you need to store your DreamCloud mattress for a long period of time, seal it in a bed-bug proof casing, store it horizontally, and don’t stack anything above it or below it.
Misuse and Neglect
Mattress misuse and neglect also voids your warranty. For example, don’t let your kiddos jump on your bed. Next, use a waterproof mattress protector to ensure that bodily fluids and other liquids don’t spill onto your mattress. Don’t burn candles near your mattress. Mattresses with burns, spills, and stains are not covered by the warranty.
Finally, you must be the original purchaser for the mattress warranty to apply. You also must have purchased your mattress directly from DreamCloud or one of their authorized dealers. Keep the copy of your receipt to prove that you are the original owner of the mattress, and make sure the mattress is sold to you in its original packaging.
Decoding Fine Print
We read the fine print in DreamCloud’s mattress warranty so you don’t have to. Here’s what you need to know:
- DreamCloud only covers defects that result from use of the original owner. In other words, if you give the mattress to a family member after a few years of use, the warranty no longer applies to them.
- Only the mattress and mattress cover are protected. Sometimes mattress companies include pillows, sheets, or other free gifts with mattress purchases. DreamCloud’s warranty covers only their mattress and its cover, not any freebies.
- DreamCloud customers in Alaska and Hawaii are responsible for shipping fees from warranty replacements or repairs.
- DreamCloud’s warranty takes the place of any implied warranties (unless they are protected by law in your state). Implied warranties, such as a warranty of merchantability or fitness, guarantee that your mattress does what it’s supposed to do and what it was advertised to do.
- If you initiate a dispute with DreamCloud, they follow the Commercial Arbitration Rules of the American Arbitration Association.
How to File a Claim
Filing a warranty claim with DreamCloud is simple:
- Email email@example.com the following photos:
- The full mattress with no bedding, including all four corners.
- The problem area. Use a ruler or measuring tape to indicate the size of the defect. Also include a description of the defect.
- Both of the white mattress tags that are sewn near the bottom of the mattress. Make sure you get clear photos of both tags, since they contain information important for the warranty process.
- Have a photocopy of your original receipt of purchase on hand in case the support team requests proof of original ownership.
- Donate your mattress to a local charity. Hold onto the donation receipt you receive in case DreamCloud requests proof of donation. If you need to dispose of your mattress, work with your DreamCloud correspondent to find an acceptable disposal facility.
- Receive your full refund to your original form of payment.
- Can I get free white glove delivery for mattress replacements or repaired mattresses? You can receive white glove delivery service for mattress replacements, but it costs an extra $149.
- Is off-gassing covered by my warranty? Off-gassing of the memory foam layers in DreamCloud’s mattress is rare. If it does occur, it usually dissipates within 24-48 hours. As such, it is not covered by the warranty. If you notice an off-gassing scent after 48 hours, reach out to the DreamCloud customer care team, and they can help you resolve the issue. Also remember that you have 365 days to return your mattress.
- Can I return my mattress for a full refund instead of getting a replacement? During the 365 day trial period, you can return your mattress for a full refund of the amount you paid. Learn more about DreamCloud’s return policy here. After the sleep trial ends, you are eligible to receive a replacement mattress or repair services under the lifetime warranty, but not a refund.
Why Buy a DreamCloud Mattress
The top layer of the DreamCloud is medium-firm and the top layer of the DreamCloud Premier is plush. It features a cashmere blend mattress cover and the Premier features a memory foam pillow top. The comfort layers include contouring gel memory foam and low motion transfer support foam. Below, the support layer is made up of innerspring coils and edge support coils. Finally, the base is porous foam that is high in breathability.
DreamCloud customers love the mattress’s ability to accommodate all sleeping positions. It’s medium-firm on the firmness scale, which is known as the “just right” firmness level. Side sleepers and stomach sleepers get ample pressure relief from the multiple layers of memory foam. Couples appreciate the excellent motion isolation from the memory foam layers and innerspring system.
Read our full DreamCloud mattress review for more information.
Mattress Warranty Breakdowns
Having a problem with your mattress? Most mattresses come with a warranty, find out what a mattress warranty covers and how to file a claim for over 20 top brands.
Saatva vs DreamCloud Premier Mattress Comparison
This comparison investigates the strengths, weaknesses, and differences between the Saatva and DreamCloud Premier hybrid mattresses. Which will you choose?
Nectar vs DreamCloud Premier Mattress Review
Stuck between buying a Nectar vs DreamCloud Premier mattress? Our comparison review can help you decide which is best for you based on features, ratings, price, and more.