updated January 2023
Dreamfoam vs Brooklyn Bedding Comparison
If you’re looking for a budget-friendly hybrid mattress, you’ve come to the right place. Both the Dreamfoam Hybrid and the Brooklyn Signature Hybrid are high-quality hybrid mattresses with reasonable price tags.
We compare these hybrid mattresses head-to-head for you below. Find out how they stack up against one another and which will give you the best night’s sleep.
Dreamfoam Hybrid vs Brooklyn Bedding Overview
|Dreamfoam Hybrid||Brooklyn Bedding Hybrid|
|Summary||Budget foam hybrid mattress||Affordable foam hybrid mattress|
|Firmness||Medium (6/10)||Plush (4/10), medium (6/10), or firm (8/10)|
|Type||Hybrid: foam and coils||Hybrid: foam and coils|
|Trial||120 nights||120 nights|
|Warranty||10-year limited warranty||10-year limited warranty|
|Read review||Read review|
Dreamfoam Hybrid vs Brooklyn Bedding Hybrid: Top Similarities
- Reasonable Prices: Brooklyn Bedding owns Dreamfoam, so it’s no surprise that the two brands offer similarly great values. Brooklyn Bedding keeps all steps of manufacturing and sales in-house and passes savings onto the consumer.
- Edge Support: The Dreamfoam Hybrid and Brooklyn Bedding Signature Hybrid scored well in our edge support test, which means you won’t feel sagging when you sleep near the edge of the bed.
- Cooling: Hybrid mattresses are great for cooling because they facilitate airflow. Thanks to various cooling materials, like gel-infused foam, the Dreamfoam and Brooklyn Signature are even cooler than many hybrid beds, making them excellent for hot sleepers.
- Durability: Individually encased coils and high-density foam bases make both the Brooklyn Signature Hybrid and Dreamfoam Hybrid durable beds that should last a long time.
Dreamfoam Hybrid vs Brooklyn Signature Hybrid: Top Differences
- Pressure Relief: The Brooklyn Signature outperformed the Dreamfoam Hybrid in our pressure relief testing; if you’re a side sleeper, the Brooklyn Signature is likely a better choice for you.
- Motion Transfer: The Dreamfoam Hybrid earned a better score than the Brooklyn Signature in our motion transfer test. If you sleep with someone who moves around a bunch, a mattress that dampens that movement can help you sleep better.
- Firmness Options: The Brooklyn Signature offers plush, medium, and firm comfort levels. This makes the bed great for all sleep positions and body types. Dreamfoam Hybrid is only available in medium, which isn’t ideal for some sleepers.
Dreamfoam Hybrid Mattress Highlights
- Fantastic Value: At only $799 for a queen, the Dreamfoam Hybrid is an excellent mattress for budget-conscious shoppers. You’d be hard-pressed to find another quality hybrid mattress at the Dreamfoam’s price point.
- Great for Couples: TheDreamfoam Hybrid checks all of our boxes regarding what makes an excellent couple’s mattress. The bed’s effective motion isolation supports deep sleep, its high-level edge support means you can spread out, and its responsiveness is great for adult activities.
- Cooling: Hot sleepers will love the Dreamfoam’s cool-to-the-touch surface and the generous airflow through the steel coil support layer.
- Good for Combination Sleepers:If you toss and turn or change positions often during the night, you need a bed with great responsiveness. The Dreamfoam Hybrid’s responsive feel allows you to move around and settle back in easily.
Brooklyn Bedding Hybrid Mattress Review Highlights
- Suits All Sleep Positions: The Brooklyn Signature Hybrid is available in three firmness levels, so it can accommodate back, stomach, and side sleepers.
- Edge Support: Brooklyn Bedding uses higher-gauge perimeter coils in this mattress to provide additional edge support. This is great for people who use the edge for support when getting into and out of bed and couples who need the extra few inches of space.
- Great Mattress for Seniors: The Brooklyn Signature has all of the qualities we look for in a bed for seniors–pressure relief, spine alignment, and edge support. Good pressure relief and spine alignment help with body pain, while solid edges provide support across the entire mattress surface.
- Good for People With Hip and Shoulder Pain: Because the Brooklyn Signature delivers outstanding pressure relief—especially in the plush model—hips and shoulders receive proper cushioning.
Dreamfoam Hybrid vs Brooklyn Signature Hybrid Dimensions
The Dreamfoam Hybrid and the Brooklyn Signature are both available in all standard mattress sizes along with various less common sizes.
|Dreamfoam Hybrid Mattress||Brooklyn Signature Hybrid|
|Twin||38” x 75”||38” x 75”|
|Twin XL||38” x 80”||38” x 80”|
|RV Bunk||42” x 80”||N/A|
|Short Full||N/A||48” x 74”|
|Full||53” x 75”||53” x 75”|
|Full XL||53” x 80”||N/A|
|Short Queen||60” x 75”||60” x 74”|
|Queen||60” x 80”||60” x 80”|
|Olympic Queen||N/A||66” x 80”|
|RV King||70” x 74”
70” x 80”
|70” x 74”
70” x 80”
72” x 80”
|King||76” x 80”||76” x 80”|
|California King||72” x 84”||72” x 84”|
|Split California King||36″ x 84″ (X2)||36″ x 84″ (X2)|
Learn more about mattress sizes.
Dreamfoam Hybrid vs Brooklyn Bedding Hybrid Pricing
Both Dreamfoam and Brooklyn Bedding offer excellent prices for the quality. Because Brooklyn Bedding owns both companies and handles all of the steps from manufacturing to sales, costs stay low. Both companies pass these savings directly onto you.
Please note that the prices below do not include any promotions, discounts, or exclusive Mattress Advisor deals. Check out our mattress deals page for information on available promotions.
|Size||Dreamfoam Hybrid Prices||Brooklyn Bedding Hybrid Prices|
Compare the Inside of the Mattresses
While the Dreamfoam Hybrid and Brooklyn Signature Hybrid share many similarities, unique constructions create different sleeping experiences. Learn more below as we explore each mattress layer by layer.
Inside the Dreamfoam Hybrid Mattress
The Dreamfoam Hybrid mattress is a four-layer hybrid foam and coil mattress designed for cooling, durability, and responsiveness.
The top comfort layer is a plush pillow top with a cooling panel that creates a cooling sensation on contact. Next is 2.5” of gel memory foam that gently cradles the body, but without the marshmallowy feel of traditional memory foam. Instead, expect a fairly responsive foam that quickly bounces back when you move.
The support system consists of 6” of pocketed coils that provide bounce, airflow, and spinal support. Finally, a thin layer of high-density foam adds durability and minimizes motion transfer.
- Comfort Layer (.75”): A super-soft quilted top provides breathability and pressure relief. Within this layer is a cooling panel that makes the top of the mattress cool to the touch.
- Transitional Memory Foam (2.5”): Dreamfoam designed this patented gel memory foam layer for responsiveness and pressure relief. The foam offers responsiveness akin to latex, which is more bouncy than typical memory foam.
- Support Coils (6”): Pocketed coils offer bouncy support while minimizing motion transfer. Generous airflow helps keep hot sleepers cool.
- Durable Foam Base (1”): A base layer of high-density foam reinforces the coils above as they compress, absorbing some of the motion. It also adds durability to the mattress.
Inside the Brooklyn Signature Hybrid Mattress
The Brooklyn Signature Hybrid contains five layers that come together to give you a cool night’s sleep with plenty of support and pressure relief.
The foam density and thickness of the comfort layers vary depending on which comfort level you choose (soft, medium, or firm). Each model starts with a breathable and soft quilted top foam layer, followed by memory foam and sturdy polyfoam. These foams work together to provide a deep body hug in the soft model, a balanced feel in the medium mattress, or a supportive cushion in the firm option.
Each mattress ends with an 8” layer of individually encased coils supported by a thin layer of high-density foam. Because the coil layer is thicker than that of the Dreamfoam Hybrid, expect an even bouncier and more supportive feel. This suits combination sleepers and heavier folks who need extra support.
- Premium Quilted Top (.5-1”):A breathable quilted top helps resist body impressions and keeps you cool. For additional cooling, you can add Brooklyn Bedding’s GlacioTex cooling cover.
- Memory Foam Layer (1-1.5”):Elastic memory foam gives at the body’s curves while quickly adjusting when you move around. Cooling fibers keep this foam from trapping body heat.
- Transitional Foam Layer (1-2”):Firmer polyfoam acts as a buffer between the memory foam above and coils below and allows for deep compression support.
- Support Layer (8”): Individually encased coils provide support and give where you need it, delivering great lumbar support. Additionally, stronger perimeter coils mean sturdy edge support.
- Flex Base (.25”): A high-density base increases durability and supports the layer of coils above.
Compare Testing Scores
We rigorously tested these mattresses in our Mattress Advisor lab across 14 categories. See how they stack up against one another below.
Want to learn more about how we test mattresses? Here, we explain our review process.
|Dreamfoam Hybrid||Brooklyn Signature Hybrid|
|Motion Transfer Test||8.15||7.25|
|Edge Support Test||8.5||9|
|Pressure Relief Test||7.9||9.5|
|Spine Alignment Test||8||8.5|
|Customer Service Score||9||9|
|Social Impact Score||3||9|
Pressure relief refers to the ability of a mattress to conform to and cushion your body, particularly the hips and shoulders. It’s crucial for side sleepers, who can wake up with aches and pains if a mattress doesn’t have the proper amount of give.
The Brooklyn Signature Hybrid is the clear choice in this category. With three firmness levels to choose from, side sleepers of various body types can find a comfortable night’s sleep in this bed. Typically, lightweight-to-average side sleepers will enjoy the soft comfort level. In contrast, average-to-heavier side sleepers may prefer the medium model.
Do you wake up easily when your partner moves around or gets in and out of bed? If so, motion transfer is important to consider. A bed with sound motion isolation allows you or your partner to move around without greatly disturbing the other side of the bed. This is also important if you’re a light sleeper who has pets or kids who crawl into bed with you.
Dreamfoam Hybrid wins this round, with an 8.15/10 in the motion transfer category. Unfortunately, the Brooklyn Signature Hybrid did not fare so well (7.25/10) and therefore isn’t one of our top choices for couples who sleep together.
Mattress companies prioritize cooling—because none of those other features matter if you’re too hot to fall asleep. Many of them also make claims about the effectiveness of their cooling covers and gels, so we put them to the test in our Mattress Advisor lab.
In our test, both the Dreamfoam Hybrid and the Brooklyn Signature Hybrid scored an impressive 8.5/10 for cooling. With this score, you can rest easily knowing either bed can help you sleep cool.
Bottom Line: Which Is the Best Mattress?
If you’re in the market for an affordable hybrid mattress, the Dreamfoam Hybrid and Brooklyn Signature Hybrid are both great options. If budget is your biggest concern, note that Dreamfoam does have a lower price point.
We recommend the Dreamfoam Hybrid mattress for couples because of its excellent motion isolation, and for combination sleepers due to its responsiveness. The Brooklyn Signature Hybrid is our choice for older adults and side sleepers. Both beds provide fantastic cooling, but if you could use an extra cooling boost, Brooklyn Bedding offers a cooling cover that can accompany the Brooklyn Signature Hybrid.
Because both beds are produced and shipped by Brooklyn Bedding, there is no difference between the risk-free sleep trials, customer service teams, or return processes.
More Brooklyn Bedding Comparisons
Brooklyn Bedding Mattress Coupons
No need to pay full price for a full night’s sleep. Get 20% off your Brooklyn Bedding mattress purchase with this holiday coupon from Mattress Advisor.
Mattress Finder Quiz
Best Mattresses for Side Sleepers
Discover the best mattresses for side sleepers. Read our guide to find the mattresses that provide side sleepers with support and comfort.