Decoding the GhostBed Mattress Warranty
No need to decipher tricky industry lingo. We take the heavy lifting out of understanding your GhostBed mattress warranty in this review.
May 13th, 2022 •
GhostBed is a mattress company under the Nature’s Sleep bedding brand. They sell 4 high-quality bed-in-a-box mattress models, and often run discounts on their sleep products. We’ll go over each model’s warranty information, but first, here’s a quick overview of each mattress:
- The Original GhostBed is a memory foam mattress with a plush mattress cover, aerated latex foam, cooling gel memory foam, and medium-firm feel. It’s the best mattress of the bunch for side sleepers because it does a great job of contouring around pressure points.
- The GhostBed Luxe is the coolest mattress in the collection. It features special cooling technologies including breathable foam layers and temperature-adapting phase change materials.
- The GhostBed Flex is a hybrid mattress that champions motion transfer, pressure relief, and edge support. It pairs a classic innerspring mattress feel with gel memory foam top layers.
- The GhostBed 3D Matrix is a new mattress in the GhostBed collection. It introduces a patented gel polymer layer that regulates the mattress temperature and improves motion isolation.
What the Warranty Covers
Your GhostBed mattress warranty starts right after the 101-night sleep trial ends. During the trial period, you have the option to discard your used mattress and receive a full refund under the “no-hassle return policy.”
The coverage for all GhostBed mattresses is the same, but the warranty period differs slightly. The Original GhostBed is protected by a 20-year warranty, while the GhostBed Luxe, Flex, and 3D Matrix each have a 25-year warranty.
Here’s what is covered:
- Body impressions or indentations deeper than 1” that aren’t caused by a sagging foundation (GhostBed recommends rotating your new mattress head-to-foot every 2 weeks for the first several months, and then once every season)
- Cracks or splits in the foam layers, not resulting from improper storage or handling
- For year 1 of your warranty, GhostBed will repair manufacturing defects in the mattress cover, such as split seams.
GhostBed’s warranty is prorated. In other words, they commit to repairing or replacing your mattress at no extra cost for the first 10 years. For the rest of the warranty period, they’ll repair or replace your mattress for a percentage of the mattress’s original cost. This is how the rates work over time:
- Years 0-10 for all mattress models: GhostBed will repair or replace your mattress (always at their discretion), but you pay for handling and/or shipping costs.
- Years 11-20 for the Original GhostBed: GhostBed will repair or replace your mattress, and you pay 50% of the original purchase price, plus shipping costs. The price you pay increases by 5% each year.
- Years 11-25 for the Luxe, Flex, and 3D Matrix: GhostBed will repair or replace your mattress for 50% of the original purchase price, in addition to shipping costs. During years 12-15, the prorated cost increases by 5%, then 4% for years 16-20, and finally 1% during years 21-25.
What the Warranty Doesn’t Cover
GhostBed does not cover subjective changes in your mattress comfort. For example, if you feel as though your mattress doesn’t provide as much pressure relief as it used to, GhostBed has no way to prove that it’s actually providing less pressure relief, so that perceived defect is not covered.
The warranty also does not cover loss of effectiveness of the cooling technologies in the mattress cover, comfort layers, support layers, etc.
Additionally, it doesn’t cover odors related to off-gassing. You may notice a slight odor after unboxing your mattress, but it is harmless and will disappear after a few days. Until then, we recommend ventilating your bedroom and keeping your sheets off.
Finally, GhostBed does not cover injuries acquired while using their mattress. If you develop back pain, they will do their best to help you find a satisfactory solution to your discomfort, but they won’t pay for chiropractic adjustments or physical therapy.
What Voids the Mattress Warranty?
There are 4 ways that you can void your GhostBed warranty. Avoid the following:
- Buying a secondhand GhostBed mattress. In order for the warranty to be valid, you must be the original purchaser, and have bought your mattress directly from GhostBed or one of their authorized dealers.
- Not using a firm, solid surface or adjustable base. GhostBed’s mattresses are heavy, and they aren’t properly supported by metal bed frames, weak box springs, or platform beds with slats further than 3” apart.
- Damaging the mattress cover, which includes cuts, tears, burns, stains, and liquid spills. We highly recommend using a mattress protector.
- Not registering your warranty within the first 30 days of your purchase. You can register your warranty on the GhostBed website.
The Fine Print Break Down
We took the warranty fine print and translated it into the following easy-to-understand notes:
- Hold onto your proof of original purchase. You’ll need it in order to make a warranty claim.
- Some GhostBed models incorporate temperature sensitive material in their construction. As a result, the temperature of your room can alter the mattress feel. For example, hot and humid environments can cause your mattress to feel softer, and cold weather can make it feel firmer. GhostBed recommends 65° – 75° Fahrenheit for the room where you store your mattress.
- Do not remove the white law label tags attached to the side of your mattress. They contain important information GhostBed will need to know in order to process a warranty claim.
- Don’t jump on your bed, but you probably already knew that.
How to File a Claim
In order to file a warranty claim, you’ll need to reach out to the retail store or dealer where you bought your mattress. Your dealer will assess the alleged defect and either approve or decline repairs or a replacement.
For mattresses purchased from the GhostBed website, call or email the GhostBed customer care team at 1-855-855-4499 or email@example.com. Be prepared with your proof of original purchase. You may be asked to take a photo of the defect and write a description. GhostBed will arrange for your mattress to be picked up and the new or repaired mattress to be shipped back to you.
For any other questions about your warranty, you can chat live with a customer care team member on GhostBed’s website. Sweet dreams!
Mattress Warranty Breakdowns
Having a problem with your mattress? Most mattresses come with a warranty, find out what a mattress warranty covers and how to file a claim for over 20 top brands.
GhostBed Mattress Coupons
Get 30% off and a free gift set with your GhostBed mattress purchase. Learn about the GhostBed Mattress and also score some savings with a promo code.
Nectar vs GhostBed Mattress Comparison
The GhostBed and Nectar mattresses both feature gel memory foam layers, but otherwise are quite different. Learn how in this comprehensive comparison.