Layla Weighted Blanket Review
Wondering if you should buy the Layla Weighted Blanket? Read our accessory review to determine if it's right for you.
Jun 24th, 2022 •
Layla designed its stress-relieving weighted blanket with the positive benefits of puppies in mind. Created with a super soft side, this blanket will have you feeling like you took a trip to your local pet store. It also stimulates Deep Touch Pressure (DTP) to release more serotonin, thanks to its micro glass bead filling.
|✔️Customer Rating: 4.5/5|
|✔️Mattress Advisor Score: 9.3/10|
|✔️Type: Weighted Blanket|
|✔️120-Night Sleep Trial|
Get Up to $200 off Select Mattresses + 2 FREE Pillows
Overview: The Layla Weighted Blanket is a dual-sided sleep accessory that will have you feeling more relaxed and achieving deeper restorative sleep. With a 120-night sleep trial, there’s plenty of time to make up your mind.
Read our accessory review to see if this blanket is worth buying based on its materials, product details, and Mattress Advisor testing scores.
Who is the Layla Weighted Blanket Best For?
|Layla Weighted Blanket is best for:||Layla Weighted Blanket may not be best for:|
How We Scored the Layla Weighted Blanket
Here at Mattress Advisor, we rate all blankets, sheets, comforters, duvets, and other related sleeping accessories in five major categories. For each product, we give it a score on a scale of 1-10, with 10 being excellent. After conducting scores for each category, we add them up to get a final score.
|Mattress Advisor Test||Score (Out of 10)|
⭐Total Score for the Layla Weighted Blanket: 9.3/10⭐
Layla Weighted Blanket Performance Highlights
- Softness: When testing this blanket, we were immediately drawn to the soft side that was super plush and felt refreshing against the skin.
- Ease in Maintenance: While most weighted blankets can be washed only after you remove the cover, the Layla Weighted Blanket is entirely machine washable so you can throw the whole blanket in the wash for easy cleanup.
- Quality Materials: Made with cotton, the Layla Weighted Blanket is super durable and breathable.
- Size Options: Layla offers its weighted blanket in only three sizes, with weight options between 15-25 lbs. If you weigh less than 150 lbs or more than 250 lbs, these blankets won’t be the recommended 10% of your body weight.
- Manufacturing Location: While the Layla Weighted Blanket is designed in the U.S., it’s manufactured in China.
What’s It Made of?
Layla designed its weighted blanket with comfort in mind. It comes with a soft side and cotton side for variety and uses glass beads for its filler. Learn more about each component below.
The Layla Weighted Blanket cover is dual-sided, just like their flippable mattress. Its soft side has a velvety feel that’s pleasing to touch. The blanket also has a cotton side for warmer weather.
For the blanket filler, Layla uses high-density micro glass beads. This gives the blanket its weight, which ranges from 15-25 lbs, depending on the size you order.
About the Materials
Glass beads are a common weighted blanket filler since they have a higher density than other fillers. This means that a company can put less filler in it, giving the blanket a less bulky feel. Since these beads are micro-size, you don’t have to worry about them breaking. Glass beads also have a smoother feel than other fillers.
Cotton is a low-maintenance fabric that’s super durable. It’s also known for being breathable and excellent at regulating temperature.
Mink polyester is a type of synthetic fabric that gives a blanket a plush look. This is a common blanket material since it has a soft, comforting feel.
What Makes the Layla Weighted Blanket Special?
- The Layla Weighted Blanket comes with a super fuzzy side that makes it feel like you’re hugging a litter of puppies.
- When accidents happen, you don’t have to fumble to remove a cover since the entire blanket is machine washable.
- A unique hexagon pattern helps evenly distribute the glass bead filling throughout the blanket and gives it an aesthetically pleasing look to upgrade your bed.
- The Layla Weighted Blanket uses the weight from hundreds of glass beads to provide DTP (Deep Touch Pressure), which can release more serotonin to help you feel calmer.
Layla Weighted Blanket Sizes, Dimensions, and Pricing
|15 lbs||48″ x 72″||$180|
|20 lbs||60″ x 80″||$220|
|25 lbs||80″ x 87″||$240|
*Prices listed are standard without sales or Mattress Advisor exclusive discounts. Click below to find the best price for the Layla Weighted Blanket.
|Delivery||Free shipping, arrives within 1-5 business days|
|Trial Period||120-night sleep trial|
|Return Policy||Free returns|
|Financing||Available through Affirm|
Shipping and Delivery
Layla offers free shipping to customers in the contiguous U.S. through FedEx Ground. This typically takes between 1-5 business days to arrive at your doorstep. If you live in Hawaii, Alaska, and Canada, you’ll have a shipping fee. Layla ships from Illinois, so shipping time varies depending on where you’re located.
Trial and Warranty
The Layla Weighted Blanket comes with a 120-night sleep trial. During this time, you can test out the blanket to see if it’s a great fit for you. If you decide to return the blanket, email firstname.lastname@example.org with your order number and reason for returning it. Once Layla receives your blanket, you’ll receive a full refund, minus the shipping fee if you live outside the contiguous U.S.
The blanket is also covered with a 5-year warranty for all original purchasers. This covers issues in craftsmanship, such as stitching or seams coming undone. It also covers rips and fraying that occur despite normal usage.
- “My husband has severe ADHD and insomnia. This blanket has by far helped him sleep better. He falls asleep faster and stays asleep longer. It’s soft, warm, but breathable. It’s well made and washed easily too.” – Laura H.
- “I was skeptical that a weighted blanket would be worth it, but I am so glad I purchased it. I never knew that I would be so much more comfortable, relaxed, calm, and sleep better with added weight on top of me. By far the best purchase I have made for my sleep!” – Kathleen W.
- “Shipping was super fast, easy to order. First one I’ve tried. It helps me stay sleeping and I don’t roll all over like I used to.” – Aaron O.
Is the Layla Weighted Blanket Right for You?
We think the Layla Weighted Blanket would be a great option for those looking to revamp their sleep. It does a great job of relaxing the body so you can fall asleep faster and melt your stresses away. Plus, it’s super soft, so it can work as a normal blanket and keep you warm in cooler temperatures.
However, if you are looking for a weighted blanket that you can share with your partner, you may want to consider one that comes in a larger size. Layla also only offers this in a grey color, so if grey doesn’t fit your color scheme, you may want to look elsewhere.
Layla Weighted Blanket FAQs
What are some benefits of using the Layla Weighted Blanket?
The Layla Weighted Blanket provides deep-touch pressure stimulation to give you a calming effect. This helps you fall asleep faster and get a more restful sleep. The Layla Weighted Blanket can also help those experiencing anxiety, insomnia, PTSD, or restless leg syndrome.
How should I wash my Layla Weighted Blanket?
To clean your weighted blanket, Layla recommends machine washing it on cold and tumble dry on low. Cleanup is super easy since you can throw the whole blanket in the washing machine.
Will I receive a confirmation email after I order my Layla Weighted Blanket?
Yes, Layla will send you an email once your weighted blanket has been shipped out. This will include your tracking number so you can stay up to date on its delivery process.
When's a good time to use the Layla Weighted Blanket?
Like other blankets, the Layla Weighted Blanket is great to use when you’re lounging on the couch or chair watching your favorite television show. It’s also helpful when lying in bed and catching some Z’s.
Why doesn't the Layla Weighted Blanket fit my bed?
Layla designs its weighted blanket to be slightly smaller than a traditional mattress so that it doesn’t hang over the edge and fall on the floor.
Mattress Accessories & Bedding
Resident Serenity Sleep Weighted Blanket Review
Gravity Ombre Weighted Blanket Review
Mattress Accessories & Bedding
Best Weighted Blankets
What is a weighted blanket? Who is it good for? Find out how weighted blankets soothe anxiety, help you sleep, and which brands to buy from.