Leesa Premium Foam Pillow Review
Looking for the perfect pillow? Keep reading for our up-close-and-personal thoughts on the highly rated Leesa Premium Foam Pillow.
Jul 12th, 2022 •
Hunting for a new pillow can be tedious. Leesa would like to be your one-stop-shop for all things sleep related. They design and manufacture most of their sleep products right here in the USA, and sell their wares online and through several retail partners.
They also donate one mattress to a child in need for every 10 mattresses they sell. We’ve had the chance to review a handful of these Leesa mattresses, as well as their Leesa Hybrid Pillow, and we’re stoked to check out another Leesa pillow. In this review, we’ll cover the Leesa Premium Foam Pillow materials, feel, pros/cons, and purchasing details.
|✔️Customer Rating: 4.4/5|
|✔️Mattress Advisor Score: 8.3/10|
|✔️Type: Memory Foam Pillow|
|✔️30-Night Sleep Trial|
Get Up to $400 off Mattresses + 2 Free Pillows
Overview: The Leesa Premium Foam Pillow is the perfect option for those who love memory foam. Wrapped in a super soft grey fabric, it’s as comfortable as a warm cup of tea during an evening relaxing.
Who is the Leesa Premium Foam Pillow Best For?
|Leesa Premium Foam Pillow is best for:||Leesa Premium Foam Pillow may not be best for:|
How We Scored the Leesa Premium Foam Pillow
When reviewing pillows, we rate each factor on a scale of 1-10, with 10 being exceeds expectations and 1 being has significant room for improvement. To reach our final score, we calculate a weighted average from all 5 categories. Read more about our review process here.
|Mattress Advisor Test||Score (Out of 10)|
⭐Total Score for the Leesa Premium Foam Pillow: 8.3/10⭐
Leesa Premium Foam Pillow Performance Highlights
- Pressure Relief: The Leesa Premium Foam Pillow provides excellent pressure relief in the neck and shoulder region of your body.
- Cooling: While memory foam traditionally traps heat easily, the ventilated foam core helps keep this pillow temperature neutral.
- Responsive: During our testing, we noticed this pillow quickly responded to our changes in positions.
- Off-Gassing: Some customers have complained that they have noticed a slight off-gassing smell after unpacking the pillow.
- Care: While you won’t need to fluff this pillow, it isn’t completely machine washable.
Inside the Leesa Memory Foam Pillow
Leesa uses the same polyester lycra blend on their pillow as they do their mattresses. Polyester is known for being soft, durable, and breathable. Covers that are high in breathability don’t need to be continually rotated to the cool side of the pillow because air flows easily through the fabric.
The quilted knit is soft to touch, so it’s tempting not to use a pillowcase. If you do, I’d recommend using a breathable pillow case, to prevent heat from getting trapped against the foam core. You can access the foam through a zipper along the side seam of the cover.
Leesa uses a single piece of their patented LSA200 foam for this pillow, which is the same foam they use for the top layer of their mattresses. LSA200 foam is a low density polyurethane foam (also known as memory foam). It’s lightweight with a medium-firm feel and a springy response to pressure.
Memory foam can retain heat pretty easily, so Leesa added ventilation channels through the core of the foam piece. These channels allow for greater airflow and an overall cooler sleep experience.
Here are a few of my favorite features of the Leesa Pillow:
- Neck Support: Using a single piece of foam rather than shredded foam and microfiber fill adds extra structure to the pillow. The softness of the foam allows your head to sink into the surface, while contouring around the curve of your neck. This provides great pressure relief for your shoulders and upper back, which in turn means less pain.
- Breathability: The Leesa pillow addresses the most common complaint against memory foam—heat—by incorporating a breathable cover and ventilated foam core. While there aren’t any fancy temperature regulating features like cooling gel, hot air definitely won’t build up under your head.
- Responsiveness: Low density foam is light, airy, and a bit bouncy, so it can rapidly adjust to changes in pressure. If you change positions, the foam in this pillow will return to its original form, unlike traditional memory foam that holds an impression for several seconds. This is a particularly important feature for combo sleepers who frequently change their sleeping position.
Keep reading for pillow pricing, the sleep trial period, and warranty info.
Leesa Premium Foam Pillow Sizes, Dimensions, and Pricing
|Standard||18″ x 26″ x 5″||$89|
|Queen||18″ x 32″ x 5″||$109|
*Prices listed are standard without sales or Mattress Advisor exclusive discounts. Click below to find the best price for the Leesa Premium Foam Pillow.
Shipping and Returns
When you buy the Leesa Pillow, it ships free via FedEx to all 50 states. It takes between 2-8 business days to be delivered, depending on where you live.
If you choose to return your pillow, call 1-844-33-LEESA or email email@example.com. The Leesa customer care team will send you a prepaid UPS label. They’ll only accept clean and undamaged pillows, since most bedding companies donate gently used sleep products to local charities. If your pillow is returned with stains or damages, they’ll charge you an extra fee.
For returns to West Elm or Pottery Barn, call (844)WE-Leesa for West Elm and (888)PB-LEESA for Pottery Barn. Leesa will reach out to confirm that you’ve returned the pillow and then have West Elm or Pottery Barn issue you a full refund equal to whatever you originally paid for the pillow.
If you bought your pillow from Amazon, you’ll have to follow Amazon’s return process.
Trial and Warranty
Leesa gives you a 30-night trial period to get the feel of their pillow. This is about the same amount of time it takes for your body to adjust to a new sleep surface. Just don’t take any longer to decide because once the sleep trial ends, you’ll no longer be able to return your pillow.
If you keep your Leesa Pillow, you are protected by a 3-year warranty that covers manufacturing and material defects. As with all bedding warranties, you have to be the original owner for the warranty to apply. Hold onto your original proof of purchase, since you’ll need that to initiate a claim.
- “I really like this pillow. It’s supportive and has the right amount of give. I was worried about a memory foam pillow sleeping hot, but that has not been the case. I haven’t noticed a difference in temperature versus our previous down pillows.” – Michelle
- “Incredibly supportive and smooth pillow. It keeps a great shape and never has weird knots or texture issues like regular cotton batting pillows. This pillow has been tested by every member of my family. Great for back and side sleepers, adults and children, and men and women.” – Cathy H.
- “After spending 100’s of dollars on approximately 15 different pillows, the Leesa pillow let’s me sleep peacefully through the night! Zero neck pain, zero should pain. Alignment is perfect. I have complete support, yet feel like my head is on a cloud. I tried high-end expensive memory foam, basic down alternative, moon-shaped, and everything in between. The Leesa has ended my search!” – Anonymous Reviewer
How do I wash my Leesa memory foam pillow?
Remove the foam core from the pillow cover by unzipping the cover and pulling the foam out. Only wash the foam by spot cleaning it with cool water and mild soap, if necessary. Let it air dry away from heat or direct sunlight, and make sure it’s completely dry before using. As needed, you can machine wash the pillow cover. Use cool water and avoid harsh detergents or bleach. Tumble dry on low heat until the cover is totally dry.
Does Leesa offer financing for their pillows?
Yes, Leesa offers financing for their pillows through Affirm. If you qualify, you can make monthly payments on your purchase instead of paying the full amount up front.
Where can I buy a Leesa pillow?
Leesa sleep products are available online on the Leesa website, and also through their authorized retailers. Their biggest retail partnerships are with Pottery Barn, Macy’s, and West Elm. You can use the store locator on the Leesa website to find the closest store to you.
As a fan of memory foam, I’m partial to pillows like the Leesa. A single piece of foam does a better job of fully supporting your neck and head than shredded foam or fiber fill, in my opinion. The low density construction of the LSA200 foam does a great job of keeping your spine aligned without feeling like a brick block.
The Leesa is a reliable choice for back sleepers and most side sleepers. As a side sleeper with a broad frame, I’d need a slightly higher loft level to keep pressure off of my shoulders, but 5” should work for those with average body types. This pillow is a little too high for most stomach sleepers.
It’s also a relatively cool pillow. Hot sleepers may run from memory foam, but this pillow has a highly breathable construction. Paired with a cooling pillow case, it could sleep equally as cool as pillows with gel layers or temperature regulating Phase Change Material.
The bottom line: If you’re a back or side sleeper who is willing to pay a little extra for comfort, take the plunge. You have a whole month to trial the pillow and free returns if it’s not a good fit. Based on rave customer reviews and our favorable evaluation, we think you’ll want to keep it around.
Mattress Accessories & Bedding
Best Cooling Pillows
Learn how cooling pillows, designed to refresh and release heat, can improve your sleeping experience.
Mattress Accessories & Bedding
Leesa Hybrid Pillow Review
Still on the hunt for your perfect pillow? Leesa's customizable pillow might be the answer. Read our Leesa Hybrid Pillow review to find out more.
Leesa Mattress Coupons
You never have to pay full price using our exclusive Leesa mattress coupons. Save up to 20% on a Leesa mattress this season. Learn more about Leesa and how to snag the discount you’ve been searching for.