Leesa vs Tempur-Pedic Mattress Comparison
Learn more about how their mattresses compare so that you can find the right bed for your needs.
Feb 18th, 2022 •
Tempur-Pedic brought us the first memory foam mattress in 1991, and Leesa helped to change the memory foam mattress market. They were one of the first bed-in-a-box brands, delivering a luxury feel at a competitive price. And while their memory foam doesn’t feel like Tempur-Pedic’s, some people prefer it.
So, how do you choose between these two industry leaders?
Fortunately, there are plenty of differences between Leesa and Tempur-Pedic mattresses. We’ll explore their mattresses, pros and cons, prices, trial periods, and more so that you can find the mattress of your dreams. After reading this review, you’ll know which of these brands is right for you.
Leesa Original vs Tempur-Cloud Mattress
Leesa Original Mattress Review Highlights
- The Original Leesa may be the best value that we’ve come across after testing more than 150 mattresses.
- This all-foam mattress boasts exceptional spine alignment, responsiveness, and motion transfer.
- Its balance of a plush comfort layer, contouring transition layer, and supportive polyfoam bottom layer creates a medium-firm feel great for most sleepers.
- Best for value shoppers; back, side, and combination sleepers; and couples who share a bed.
Tempur-Cloud Mattress Review Highlights
- Also known as the Tempur-Cloud Supreme, this is the entry-level Tempur-Pedic mattress.
- This three-layer memory foam mattress has a medium feel.
- It offers exceptional motion isolation, spine support, and relief at pressure points.
- Best for those looking for a Tempur-Pedic mattress at a lower price, back sleepers of all body shapes, and side sleepers who weigh less than 230 lbs.
Leesa Hybrid vs Tempur-PRObreeze
Leesa Hybrid Mattress Review Highlights
- The Leesa Hybrid is one of the highest-scoring hybrid mattresses that we’ve tested at our in-house mattress lab.
- Its patented memory foam and pocketed coils work together to deliver impeccable spine alignment, nearly zero motion transfer, and amazing pressure relief.
- In our scoring process, the Leesa Hybrid scored an 8/10 or higher in every evaluation and test.
- Best for couples who sleep together, sleepers with aches and pains, and those who sleep hot.
Tempur-PRObreeze Mattress Review Highlights
- The Tempur-PRObreeze model ensures maximum air circulation. As a result, this bed sleeps between 3 degrees cooler than their other mattresses.
- Opt for the PRObreeze if you want Tempur’s average contouring (which is still quite impressive).
- Tempur-Breeze mattresses come in soft, medium, medium hybrid, and firm options.
- Best for those who sleep hot, side sleepers with hip or shoulder pain, and couples who share the bed.
|Split Cal King||N/A||$7,798|
Leesa Legend vs Tempur-ProAdapt
Leesa Legend Mattress Review Highlights
- The Leesa Legend is a hybrid mattress designed for the eco-conscious consumer. Leesa utilizes organic cotton, organic wool, and recycled plastic water bottles for a more environmentally-friendly mattress.
- The Legend is the highest-end Leesa mattress. Its feel competes with the most extravagant hybrid beds available.
- Contouring high-density memory foam is paired with two layers of individually-encased coils for targeted pressure relief and amazing support.
- Best for eco-conscious consumers, plus-size sleepers, and back and side sleepers with back pain.
Tempur-Pro Adapt Mattress Review Highlights
- The Tempur-ProAdapt mattress is Tempur-Pedic’s most popular mattress.
- The Tempur-APR memory foam layer is one of the best foams for pressure relief ever created. Another perk? The mattress cover is removable and washable.
- With a soft, medium, firm, and hybrid option, this bed suits every sleeping position—although most stomach sleepers will still find the firm a bit too soft.
- Best for elderly sleepers, sleepers with aches and pains, and side sleepers of all weights.
|Split Cal King||N/A||$5,598|
Studio Mattress by Leesa vs TEMPUR-Adapt®
Studio Mattress Review Highlights
- Leesa’s newest mattress is their Studio mattress. This 10″ memory foam mattress is made up of three foam layers created for responsiveness, plush contouring, and breathability.
- Its medium-firm feel works well for the average sleeper.
- At only 10” thick, its minimal height makes it best for those who weigh less than 230 lbs.
- Best for budget shoppers, college students, children, teens, and lightweight adults.
TEMPUR-Adapt Mattress Review® Mattress Review Highlights
- TEMPUR-Adapt® is the least expensive Tempur-Pedic mattress that boasts its original, deep contouring foam.
- It’s slightly thicker than the Tempur-Cloud, delivering a bit more cushion and support. It too has a medium feel.
- You can opt for the all-foam or hybrid version. The hybrid sleeps cooler and is more responsive, but achieves less pressure relief. The TEMPUR-Adapt® hybrid is the most affordable Tempur-Pedic mattress with the springy support of innerspring coils.
- Best for combination sleepers, those who toss and turn, back sleepers, and couples who share the bed.
Compare Mattress Construction and Feel
Leesa Mattress Construction
Leesa is a leading bed-in-a-box mattress brand. What started as their flagship Leesa memory foam mattress has become a variety of high-quality mattresses, foundations, and bedroom accessories.
Leesa mattresses are some of the highest-scoring beds that we’ve tested in our in-house mattress lab. Leesa’s commitment to quality, innovation, and customer satisfaction have made them a household mattress name.
When you shop Leesa, you have the choice between two all-foam mattresses and two memory foam hybrid beds. Every Leesa mattress has a medium-firm feel that fits the needs of most sleepers.
To optimize your bedtime experience, try pairing a Leesa mattress with its adjustable base.
Tempur-Pedic Mattress Construction
Tempur-Pedic’s proprietary foam has kept consumers coming back for nearly 30 years. Its ability to deeply conform and disperse pain from pressure points has earned it a reputation as one of the best mattresses for side sleepers.
Since the early 1990s, Tempur-Pedic has dedicated itself to mattress innovation. They’ve crafted memory foam that limits heat retention and included innerspring coils to counter sinkage and boost responsiveness. They now offer both memory foam and hybrid mattresses for the luxury memory foam shopper.
For the ultimate sleeping experience, use a Tempur-Pedic mattress with one of their adjustable bases.
Let’s dive into the different Tempur-Pedic models. We’ll explore what sets them apart and who they’re made for.
The Pros and Cons
Leesa Mattress Pros
- Responsiveness: Leesa memory foam doesn’t leave you feeling stuck. When we’ve tested the Leesa mattresses, we’ve been impressed by how quickly they responded to our movements. Combination sleepers and others who toss and turn can enjoy an uninterrupted night of sleep on a Leesa mattress.
- Spine Alignment: One of the most important things a mattress can do to relieve pain is to keep your body properly aligned. Our sleep testers found the Leesa mattresses to provide the right combination of give and support for optimal spinal alignment.
- Motion Transfer: Leesa memory foam is some of the best we’ve seen at dampening motion. This is true even of the Leesa hybrid, allowing sleepers to experience springy support without waking their partners.
- No Compromises: At the Mattress Advisor Mattress Lab, no Leesa mattress has scored below an 8/10 in any category. And we examine 14 factors, including components like edge support, cooling ability, durability, and pressure relief. What this means is that you don’t have to sacrifice one benefit for another, but rather enjoy an all-around excellent bed.
- Budget to Luxury Options: Leesa mattresses are some of the best values on the market. The Leesa Studio is one of the best budget-friendly memory foam mattresses, while the Leesa Legend brings luxury at a reasonable price.
Leesa Mattress Cons
- Limited Firmness Options: The majority of sleepers sleep best on a medium-firm mattress. However, some sleepers need a softer or firmer bed. For instance, lightweight side sleepers tend to do better on a medium-soft bed and heavyweight stomach sleepers on an extra-firm one. Every Leesa mattress is medium-firm, and therefore they are not a fit for every sleeper.
- Off-Gassing: When memory foam is new, it releases tiny particles into the air. These cause a slight odor known as off-gassing. You can expect the smell to fully fade within three days.
Tempur-Pedic Mattress Pros
- Pressure Relief: Tempur-Pedic is one of the best companies for those looking for pressure point relief. Their deep contouring foam relieves pressure from the hips, shoulders, knees, and lower back.
- Motion Isolation: Memory foam is great at dampening movement. Because Tempur-Pedic’s foam is relatively high density, it does an exceptional job at limiting motion transfer.
- Cooling Technology: The Tempur-Breeze collection sleeps cool enough for most sleepers. But beware that their other lines sleep warmer than the average bed.
- Various Firmness Levels: Tempur-Pedic mattresses range from soft (3) to firm (7). These firmness options make their mattresses work for most sleepers.
- Amazing for Lightweight Sleepers: Side sleepers who weigh less than 130 pounds find most mattresses too firm. A mattress must have an ultra-plush surface to allow their hips and shoulders to sink in. Tempur-Pedic foam is one of the only foams soft enough for light sleepers.
Tempur-Pedic Mattress Cons
- Expensive: Tempur-Pedic mattresses are some of the most expensive memory foam mattresses in the market, costing over double other name brands.
- Can Sleep Hot: Most Tempur-Pedic mattresses sleep warmer than the average high-quality memory foam mattress. Because the material responds to heat and allows you to sink in, it traps heat. Choose the Tempur-Breeze mattresses if you sleep hot.
- Sinking Feeling: Tempur-Pedic foam truly allows the body to sink in. But for some sleepers, this “quicksand” feeling is less than ideal. Their hybrid mattresses have springs that counter excess sinkage.
- No Extra-Firm Beds: Even the firmest Tempur-Pedic mattress rates about a 7 on the 1-10 firmness scale. With no extra-firm mattresses, these beds are too soft for most stomach sleepers.
- Cost for Returns: Most luxury mattress companies offer free returns but Tempur-Pedic charges a $175 return fee for those unsatisfied with their mattress.
Leesa is one of the few companies in the mattress industry that offers free shipping to all 50 states. A Leesa mattress normally arrives within 3-6 business days from the date of purchase.
As Leesa is a leader in the bed-in-a-box industry, it should come as no surprise that the Leesa mattress arrives compressed in a tall, thin box.
If you’d like to have someone deliver your new mattress to your room and set it up, select White Glove Delivery at checkout. The cost is $100 for mattress setup only, or $150 for setup and old mattress removal.
Tempur-Pedic provides free White Glove Delivery within the contiguous United States. With White Glove Delivery, a representative:
- Carries your new mattress to its final location.
- Unboxes and sets up your new mattress.
- Discards your old mattress.
Shipping normally takes between 1-2 weeks. Tempur-Pedic will work with you to schedule a delivery time. You must be home to receive your mattress.
Tempur-Pedic does ship to Hawaii, Alaska, and remote locations in the USA for an additional fee.
Returns and Warranty
Leesa offers a 100-night trial period. From the date of delivery, you have 100 nights to sleep on your mattress. If you decide that the mattress isn’t a good fit during this time, Leesa will provide a full refund. They do ask that you give your mattress a chance by sleeping on it for 30 nights before making a final decision.
Read More: Leesa Mattress Return Policy
Leesa works with their customers to have a local charity pick up returned mattresses. This ensures that a returned mattress doesn’t go to waste.
Every Leesa mattress comes with the industry standard 10-year limited warranty. This warranty is non-transferable, meaning it only covers mattresses purchased directly from Leesa or an authorized reseller. For more info, check out our deep dive into the Leesa mattress warranty.
Tempur-Pedic mattresses come with a 90-day trial period. Here are the details of the Tempur-Pedic sleep trial:
- You must wait 30 days: Memory foam takes time to break in. It also takes time for your body to adjust to a new mattress. Due to these factors, Tempur-Pedic doesn’t accept returns in the first 30 days. They ask that you sleep on the mattress for 30 nights before making a decision.
- There is a $175 fee: Unlike most other leading mattress brands, Tempur-Pedic charges a $175 return shipping fee.
Tempur-Pedic offers an industry-standard 10-year limited warranty. This warranty covers defects in materials or workmanship.
Read More: Tempur-Pedic Mattress Warranty
What stands out about this warranty is that it covers indentations of greater than ¾”. Most memory foam mattress warranties only cover indentations once they exceed 1” or 1.5” deep. As such, this warranty is generous for a foam mattress.
The answer depends on your sleep needs and personal preferences.
Leesa mattresses are an incredible value. They deliver exceptional quality at an affordable price. Because each of their mattresses is a medium-firm, they are a good fit for the average sleeper. If you’re looking for a balance between comfort and support, Leesa beds are an excellent choice.
Tempur-Pedic is a luxury mattress brand. You can expect some of the closest conforming and best pressure relief available. With varying firmness options, Tempur-Pedic mattresses are a better fit for those looking for something a bit softer or firmer than average. We especially love this brand for lightweight side sleepers.
A good way to decide between these leading mattress companies is to ask yourself this question. Do you like sleep “in” a mattress, “on” a mattress, or somewhere in between? Tempur-Pedic mattresses are best for those who like the hugging sensation of sleeping “in” a mattress. Leesa beds fall in the middle, where you feel both “on” and “in” the mattress.
Other Leesa Comparisons:
Other Tempur-Pedic Comparisons:
Tempur-Pedic Mattress Reviews
The Tempur-Pedic mattress brand is synonymous with luxury memory foam mattresses that offer years of great sleep. Comb through our reviews and see which is right for you.
Compare Leesa Mattress Models and Prices
Read our reviews of both Leesa mattresses to learn what sets them apart and which Leesa mattress is best for you. Plus, learn more about Leesa's company values and policies before shopping.