Breaking Down the Leesa Mattress Warranty
Leesa mattresses are covered by a 10-year full replacement warranty. We break down what’s covered, how to file a claim, what voids the warranty, and FAQs.
Sep 15th, 2021 •
Leesa is a bed-in-a-box mattress company that produces some of the best mattresses and high-quality sleep products on the market. We’ve had the chance to test and review all of the Leesa mattresses, and want to give you a deeper insight into their 10-year warranty.
Related: Mattress Warranty Breakdowns
What Does the Leesa Warranty Cover?
The Leesa mattress warranty covers all of the Leesa mattress models, including the Original memory foam mattress, the Leesa Hybrid mattress, the Legend mattress, and the Studio by Leesa mattress. It begins on your date of purchase, extends through the 100-night trial period, and lasts for 10 years.
Up until the sleep trial ends, you can return your old mattress for a full refund under their return policy. Afterwards, Leesa will send you a new mattress at no extra cost (besides shipping*). Just make sure that you are the original purchaser and you bought your mattress from Leesa or one of their retail partners. These include Macy’s, West Elm, Pottery Barn, Amazon, Zola, Sleep Air, Sleep Sherpa, and Hayneedle.
Read More: Leesa Mattress Return Policy
Here is a list of the defects covered under Leesa’s mattress warranty:
- Indentations in the top layer or comfort layers of the mattress deeper than 1”
- Physical flaws in the mattress that cause the memory foam to crack or split
- Flaws in the mattress cover, such as broken zippers or unraveled seams
*Extra shipping charges may apply to customers in Alaska or Hawaii
What Doesn’t It Cover?
The Leesa mattress warranty doesn’t cover quite a few defects, most of which are subjective issues or damages you see from improper treatment of the mattress. Here is a full list:
- Sagging that’s associated with an improper bed frame, platform bed, adjustable base, or box spring
- Normal increases in the softness of the memory foam layers—particularly where you sleep—that don’t impact the overall pressure relief of the mattress
- Off-gassing odors—these usually go away within 48 hours in a well ventilated room, and Leesa’s foam beds are all Certipur-US certified for low emissions
- Comfort preferences, which can include a mattress that doesn’t have the desired amount of motion isolation, edge support, pressure-relieving qualities, body contouring, etc.
- Damages from physical abuse to the mattress, i.e. burns, cuts, stains, liquid damage
- Other Leesa sleep products, such as adjustable bases, pillows, sheets, etc.
- Mattresses sold second-hand or by anyone other than Leesa or one of their authorized retail partners
- Medical costs related to sleeping on your mattress (ex: chiropractic bills due to back pain)
What Voids the Leesa Warranty?
You can void your mattress warranty, although this is easily avoided. In order to help you keep your mattress eligible for warranty claims, use common sense when caring for your mattress.
You’ll notice that pretty much all warranties state that covered defects have to result from normal wear, but what does that entail? Leesa states that normal wear is supporting the mattress on a solid base or foundation. Weak or damaged foundations can cause sagging, and Leesa can opt to void your warranty if they discover you have used an improper foundation.
Similarly, make sure you store your mattress on a solid flat surface (unless it’s temporarily on its side during the moving process). Make sure the room where you store the mattress is sheltered from the weather. Mattresses with mold, mildew, or insect infestations aren’t eligible for warranty claims.
Finally, if you move out of the US, UK, or Canada with your Leesa mattress, the warranty is voided.
The Fine Print
There are a few details that Leesa includes in their mattress warranty that need to be translated out of legal language. Don’t worry; we did that for you here:
- Leesa’s warranty is the only warranty that applies to your mattress. It takes the place of all spoken or implied warranties (ex: warranty of merchantability or fitness), unless protected by your state.
- If you receive a replacement mattress, you don’t get a new warranty; instead, your original warranty period continues from your original date of purchase.
- If you want to upgrade your replacement mattress, you’ll need to pay the difference between your original bed and the new one, plus the cost of any required accessories. You get a new warranty when you upgrade your replacement mattress.
Filing a Claim
The process for filing a warranty claim with Leesa is pretty simple. To get started, call 1-844-33-LEESA, email email@example.com, or chat with a customer care rep on the Leesa website.
Your customer care rep will need your order number and proof of original purchase (aka your receipt). They’ll walk you through the process of proving that your mattress is defective. This usually entails taking photos of the defect and emailing them to the rep.
Once your warranty claim is approved, Leesa will arrange for your old mattress to be picked up and donated to a local charity, and they’ll ship you a replacement mattress. The claim process takes only a few days, and you’ll have the new mattress within 2-8 business days after your claim is approved.
How can I prevent damages to my Leesa mattress?
Use a waterproof mattress protector or topper, don’t jump on your bed (this can damage the innerspring base layer or support foam), avoid burning candles or eating/drinking on your mattress, and keep your sleeping space clean and dry.
How does Leesa’s warranty compare to their competitors’ warranties?
Leesa’s warranty period is standard for the mattress industry. Most mattress companies offer warranty periods ranging from 10-25 years, and some offer lifetime warranties. Leesa’s warranty is on par with other major mattress brands; for example, Tempur-Pedic, Purple, and Casper all offer 10-year warranties with their mattresses.
Will Leesa repair my whole mattress if just the cover is defective?
Usually, yes. In some cases, Leesa may opt to repair or replace just the mattress cover. They will use whatever is the most current style of mattress cover, even if it’s different from the one you originally received.
What do I do if my mattress is no longer comfortable, but it’s not eligible for a warranty replacement?
People change, and so do their bodies. What used to be a comfortable mattress may now seem unbearable. If you’re not in a position to buy a whole new mattress, consider your sleep position. For example, if you used to be a back sleeper who liked firm mattresses, but now need better pressure point relief, try adding the Leesa Mattress Topper. It will turn a firm mattress into a medium firm mattress.
What are the hours for Leesa’s customer care team?
The Leesa customer care team is available over phone and webchat Monday-Friday from 9AM-9PM EST and Saturday-Sunday from 11AM-6PM. You can email the customer care team 24/7, and they will respond within 24 hours.
Mattress Warranty Breakdowns
Having a problem with your mattress? Most mattresses come with a warranty, find out what a mattress warranty covers and how to file a claim for over 20 top brands.
Leesa Mattress Coupons
You never have to pay full price using our exclusive Leesa mattress coupons. Save up to 20% on a Leesa mattress this season. Learn more about Leesa and how to snag the discount you’ve been searching for.
Mattress Accessories & Bedding
Best Sheets for Your Leesa Mattress
Have you recently purchased your dream Leesa mattress? To ensure the best sleep possible, you must choose the right sheets for your Leesa mattress.