10-year limited warranty
Firm, customizable mattress that provides unmatched support for superior spine alignment
Good for people with back pain.
airweave Advanced highlights
- The airweave Advanced is an easily customizable mattress that allows you to make adjustments to the firmness level. The Advanced features a DUAL-MODE airfiber block that is to be placed in the middle of the mattress. You can flip this airfiber block to either the firm or regular side. The airweave Advanced mattress comes complete with a pillow top layer you can choose to include on your mattress’ surface.
- airfiber, a proprietary material, is known for is superior support that promotes healthy spine alignment.
Mattress Advisor score for the airweave Advanced
Here’s how the airweave advanced mattress scored on different tests and evaluations. Each score is a rating out of 10 points. The total score is a weighted average that incorporates all of the functional and performance characteristics of the mattress. We break down the scores so you can see how the airweave advanced mattress performed on specific tests and evaluations.
8.0 / 10
airweave Advanced mattress review
Take a deeper look into our review of the airweave advanced mattress, including our methodology, scoring and mattress performance to help you determine if this could be the mattress for you.
Set up test
The airweave advanced mattress took us 14 minutes to unbox and assemble. The mattress is shipped and delivered in two separate boxes, which arrived on different days. Overall, the setup was fairly simple. Just follow the instructions in the box. There was no smell and it was easy to move since it came in pieces. However, it did take us a little time to figure out exactly how to setup correctly.
So for our setup test, the airweave advanced gets a 5 out of 10.
Motion Transfer Test
Motion transfer is just a fancy way of saying how much movement you feel if your partner is moving around. You want this to be pretty minimal.
Part A - The Humans
The Mattress Advisor motion transfer test is a two-part test. We start by asking our sleep subjects to lie on the bed, blindfolded, and rate on a scale from one to ten how much movement they felt when their partner was moving around with 10 being no movement at all.
The airweave advanced mattress let only a tiny bit of motion slip through but overall kept motion transfer low. Our testers gave it a collective score of 8.5.
Part B - The Wine
Next, comes our wine test. This is great visual indicator of how much motion is being transferred from one side of the bed to another.
We had one of our sleep subjects lie down and roll back and forth a few times. We then took a look at how much the wine inside of it moved.
The wine faired well on the airweave advanced mattress. It stayed quite still! So we gave it an 8.
So for a total motion transfer score, the airweave advanced gets an 8.25 out of 10.
Edge Support Test
When choosing a mattress, you may not think to consider how much support the edge provides. But if you find yourself sleeping on the edge of your bed or use the end to get ready in the morning, you should definitely consider the edge support.
The Mattress Advisor edge support test is a two-part test.
Part A - The Shoe Test
To start, we asked both sleep subjects to sit on the edge of the bed to tie their shoes. They rated this task on a scale from one to ten, with 10 being “extremely easy, with exceptional edge support.”
The edge of airweave advanced mattress was both stable and supportive, so it scored an 8.75 for the edge shoe test.
Part B - The Side Test
Next, we had our mattress testers lie on the edge of the bed in each sleeping position, side, stomach and back, to see if they could sleep comfortably in that section of the bed.
Once again, they found the edge safe and secure. It would surely keep them safe from the ground all night long. So for the edge support side, the airweave advanced mattress again scored an 8.75.
So the airweave advanced gets a total score of 8.75 out of 10 for edge support.
Pressure Relief Test
When shopping for a mattress, you’ll want to find something that puts minimal pressure on your hips, thighs and shoulders. Let’s take a look at how well the airweave advanced mattress provides pressure relief.
We measure pressure relief by using a pressure mapping film that shows areas of high pressure. Here’s what you need to know: the cool spots are good and the warms spots are bad. The warmer the color, the more pressure is being placed on that area of the body.
When sleep subject one was on the airweave, there was a bit of red in his shoulder when on his side.
While sleep subject didn’t have as much red in her shoulder, we still see some warmer shades.
So for a total pressure relief score, airweave advanced gets a 7.5 out of 10.
Spine Alignment Test
Did you know your sleeping posture is just as important as your posture when you are awake? For every mattress we test, we take a look at how well it keeps your spine in a straight line.
We took a close up of both of our sleep subjects backs to see the alignment. You’ll want to see a straight line from the neck all the way to the tailbone.
The airweave advanced mattress did a phenomenal keeping both spines in alignment.
For spine alignment, the airweave advanced gets a 9.25 out of 10.
Responsiveness is a fancy way of saying how well the mattress adjusts to your body movements. If you change positions throughout the night, you’ll want a mattress that still provides the same amount of comfort and support in that new position
We had our sleep subjects lie in each sleeping position, side, stomach and back. As they changed positions and got settled in, we asked them to rate on a scale from one to ten how quickly and easily the mattress responded to their movement.
Because of its extremely firm surface, the airweave advanced took some time to get comfortable on. It didn’t contour well to the body.
So it scored a 6.75 out of 10 for responsiveness.
The total Mattress Advisor score for the airweave Advanced mattress:
The airweave mattress is compatible with most firm, non-flexible surfaces. This includes a sturdy box-spring, platform base, slats or even the floor. This bed will not work on an adjustable frame.
What makes airweave Advanced different from other mattresses?
The airweave Advanced mattress allows you to customize the surface your desired firmness level. The various layers of the airweave mattress will arrive in two boxes, which you will be able to assemble to your liking.
What to watch out for
- Many Americans are not used to the firmness and feel of this popular Japanese mattress, which may some getting used to.
- The airweave Advanced ships in two separate boxes that may not arrive on the same day.
- It will take roughly 15 – 20 minutes to assemble your mattress.
airweave Advanced sizes available
- Twin: $1,300
- Twin XL: $1,300
- Full: $1,450
- Queen: $1,555
- King: $1,800
- Cal King: $1,800
A look inside
The core of the airweave Advanced mattress is made with a proprietary material called airfiber.
Airfiber, an interwoven, recyclable plastic material, is known for its breathability and supportive surface. The resiliency of airfiber makes you feel like you are floating atop your mattress, rather than sinking in. The engineering of the airfiber material encourages airflow to regulate body temperature while you sleep.
Here’s a look inside the layers of the airweave Advanced:
- Machine washable outer cover that is easily zipped off
- Inner cover, which improves flame retardancy and holds the assembled layers together
- 2 regular airfiber blocks
- 1 DUAL-MODE airfiber block, which can be flipped to either the firm of regular side
- Padded pillow top layer which can be added for a bit of a soft, plush feel
What airweave Advanced customers have to say
- “I’ve had my bed for a few months now and have been very pleased with every aspect of it. Set up was much easier than I thought it would be when I received the packaging. My wife and I chose to set ours up on the softer of the two sides (great feature to be able to choose with a single mattress). It is firmer than the traditional spring mattress I had for about 5 years. The Airweave has really helped both my wife and I with our lower back issues (She has a compressed disc above L4 and I have a Pars Defect in L5). I will add that we are both back sleepers. One of my favorite qualities of the bed is how much cooler the mattress stays during the hotter months. We are both happy with our quality of sleep and have recommended to friends of ours.” -Alex
- “Mattress has worked out well. The hard side is really firm but the soft side is the perfect firmness. It’s also a lot cooler than my old memory foam. When I move my wife notices it much more than the memory foam though.” -David
- “ I live an active lifestyle however my job requires me to be at a desk all day. I was also having lower back soreness from sitting all day and my commute. My old bed was firm but didn’t support my back that well. It came down between Airweave and Casper and I went with Airweave. My lower back soreness is going away and I feel more rejuvenated when I wake up. Also, the customer support I have received from Airweave is fantastic.” -Christopher
Read more reviews.
The finer print
The airweave Advanced comes with free delivery and should arrive at your doorstep within 10-14 business days. You can opt for white-glove delivery, which includes free set-up, for an additional fee of $40. Make note that airweave does not deliver on weekends.
The airweave Advanced mattress comes with detailed instructions on how to assemble.
If you’re not in love with your airweave mattress, you can return it for a full refund within your 100-night trial period. airweave will arrange for a representative to come to your home to pick up your mattress for free unless you initiate the return before 30 nights have passed. Then you may be subject to a $150 service fee. You are welcome to donate your mattress to a local charity but you will have to coordinate pickup! Just snap a photo or send a receipt as proof to airweave for your refund.
The airweave Mattress comes with a 10-year limited warranty.
The airweave is entirely washable to minimize dust and allergens. Simply remove the mattress cover to machine wash and set out to air dry. To clean the airfiber core, rinse with water and set out to dry. Avoid drying in direct sunlight.
- Hypo-allergenic and BPA free
- airweave’s airfiber core is made of recyclable plastic and can be cleaned
Frequently Asked Questions
How much weight cant he airweave support?
For individuals weighing 220 lbs. or less, the airweave can support you for up to 10-15 years. For those weighing more the 220 lbs., you may see indentions in the airfiber core sooner.
SHOULD I USE A MATTRESS PROTECTOR?
airweave recommends skipping the mattress protector. That’s because extra layers may inhibit the breathability of the airfiber core. Since the mattress cover and core can be cleaned, your need for a mattress protector isn’t as great.
Can i flip my airweave mattress?
Do not flip your mattress. Because the airfiber core has different densities, flipping the mattress will make it feel different.
Can i use an electric blanket?
No, do not use an electronic blanket while on your airweave mattress. Because the core is made of plastic, heat may damage the product.
Other products sold by airweave
If you have more questions about the airweave Advanced mattress, check out their FAQ page or leave us a comment below.
Customer rating derived from airweave.com.
By clicking on the product links in this article, Mattress Advisor may receive a commission fee at no cost to you, the reader. Read full disclosure statement.