airweave Advanced Mattress Review
|✔️Customer Rating: 4.5/5|
|✔️Mattress Advisor Score: 8.0/10|
|✔️Free Shipping & Returns|
|✔️100-Night Sleep Trial|
|✔️10-Year Limited Warranty|
CA Customers Get Free Mattress Removal
The airweave Advanced takes the original airweave mattress to the next level. This bed is built with firm proprietary airfiber that is easily customizable so you can adjust it to your needs.
Learn all about how this mattress could be good for you and more in our in-depth airweave Advanced mattress review.
- The airweave Advanced is an easily customizable mattress that allows you to make adjustments to the firmness level. The Advanced features a DUAL-MODE airfiber block that is to be placed in the middle of the mattress. You can flip this airfiber block to either the firm or regular side. The airweave Advanced mattress comes complete with a pillow top layer you can choose to include on your mattress’ surface.
- airfiber, a proprietary material, is known for is superior support that promotes healthy spine alignment.
This firm mattress improves on airweave’s original model by giving you the option for customization. You can construct this bed according to your firmness preferences by swapping sections of the airfiber around. If you’re looking for a super firm sleeping surface, this mattress is one of the most firm on the market.
What Makes the airweave Advanced a Great Mattress?
The airweave Advanced mattress allows you to customize the surface your desired firmness level. The various layers of the airweave mattress will arrive in two boxes, which you will be able to assemble to your liking.
What to watch out for
- Many Americans are not used to the firmness and feel of this popular Japanese mattress, which may some getting used to.
- It’s a very expensive product. Regular price for a queen size is $6,000.
- The airweave Advanced ships in two separate boxes that may not arrive on the same day.
- It will take roughly 15 – 20 minutes to assemble your mattress.
Check out our score breakdown to see how the airweave Advanced mattress performed in our testing.
|Mattress Advisor Test||Score (Out of 10)|
⭐Total Score for the airweave Advanced mattress: 8/10⭐
Take a deep into our review by checking out these highlights from our testing day for the airweave Advanced mattress.
Unboxing and Setting Up the Mattress
The airweave advanced mattress took us 14 minutes to unbox and assemble. The mattress is shipped and delivered in two separate boxes, which arrived on different days. Overall, the setup was fairly simple. Just follow the instructions in the box. There was no smell and it was easy to move since it came in pieces. However, it did take us a little time to figure out exactly how to setup correctly.
Testing Motion Transfer
If you have a sleeping partner this test will be important in your mattress buying decision! No one wants their sleeping partner’s movements waking them up in the middle of the night.
The good news for you is that the airweave Advanced mattress let only a tiny bit of motion slip through but overall kept motion transfer low.
The Wine Test
We even measured this with the wine test to truly but it to the test! Take a look below to see how well it held up.
Pressure Relief Test
If you don’t want to wake up with aches and pains (who does?) then making sure your mattress provides proper pressure relief is key. We measure this with a pressure mapping film. The warmer colors indicate areas of higher pressure and the cooler colors indicate areas of lower pressure.
Spine Alignment Test
The airweave Advanced mattress did a phenomenal keeping both spines in alignment. This is great for making sure you get a restorative and healthy night’s sleep.
- “I’ve had my bed for a few months now and have been very pleased with every aspect of it. Set up was much easier than I thought it would be when I received the packaging. My wife and I chose to set ours up on the softer of the two sides (great feature to be able to choose with a single mattress). It is firmer than the traditional spring mattress I had for about 5 years. The Airweave has really helped both my wife and I with our lower back issues (She has a compressed disc above L4 and I have a Pars Defect in L5). I will add that we are both back sleepers. One of my favorite qualities of the bed is how much cooler the mattress stays during the hotter months. We are both happy with our quality of sleep and have recommended to friends of ours.” -Alex
- “Mattress has worked out well. The hard side is really firm but the soft side is the perfect firmness. It’s also a lot cooler than my old memory foam. When I move my wife notices it much more than the memory foam though.” -David
- “I live an active lifestyle however my job requires me to be at a desk all day. I was also having lower back soreness from sitting all day and my commute. My old bed was firm but didn’t support my back that well. It came down between Airweave and Casper and I went with Airweave. My lower back soreness is going away and I feel more rejuvenated when I wake up. Also, the customer support I have received from Airweave is fantastic.” -Christopher
Read more reviews.
The airweave mattress is compatible with most firm, non-flexible surfaces. This includes a sturdy box-spring, platform base, slats or even the floor. This bed will not work on an adjustable frame.
What’s Inside the airweave Advanced Mattress?
The core of the airweave Advanced mattress is made with a proprietary material called airfiber.
Airfiber, an interwoven, recyclable plastic material, is known for its breathability and supportive surface. The resiliency of airfiber makes you feel like you are floating atop your mattress, rather than sinking in. The engineering of the airfiber material encourages airflow to regulate body temperature while you sleep.
Here’s a look inside the layers of the airweave Advanced:
- Machine washable outer cover that is easily zipped off
- Inner cover, which improves flame retardancy and holds the assembled layers together
- 2 regular airfiber blocks
- 1 DUAL-MODE airfiber block, which can be flipped to either the firm of regular side
- Padded pillow top layer which can be added for a bit of a soft, plush feel
The airweave Advanced comes with free delivery and should arrive at your doorstep within 10-14 business days. You can opt for white-glove delivery, which includes free set-up, for an additional fee of $40. Make note that airweave does not deliver on weekends.
The airweave Advanced mattress comes with detailed instructions on how to assemble.
Sizes and Pricing
|Twin||39.4″ x 74.8″ x 11″||$4,650|
|Twin XL||39.4″ x 79.9″ x 11″||$5,020|
|Full||53″ x 74.8″ x 11″||$5,570|
|Queen||60″ x 79.9″ x 11″||$6,000|
|King||76″ x 79.9″ x 11″||$7,060|
|Cal King||71.7″ x 83.9″ x 11″||$7,060|
*Prices listed are standard without sales or Mattress Advisor exclusive discounts. Check price using the button below for the best airweave deals.
If you’re not in love with your airweave mattress, you can return it for a full refund within your 100-night trial period. airweave will arrange for a representative to come to your home to pick up your mattress for free unless you initiate the return before 30 nights have passed. Then you may be subject to a $150 service fee.
You are welcome to donate your mattress to a local charity but you will have to coordinate pickup! Just snap a photo or send a receipt as proof to airweave for your refund.
The airweave Advanced mattress comes with a 10-year limited warranty.
The airweave is entirely washable to minimize dust and allergens. Simply remove the mattress cover to machine wash and set out to air dry. To clean the airfiber core, rinse with water and set out to dry. Avoid drying in direct sunlight.
How much weight can the airweave support?
For individuals weighing 220 lbs. or less, the airweave can support you for up to 10-15 years. For those weighing more the 220 lbs., you may see indentions in the airfiber core sooner.
Should I use a mattress protector?
airweave recommends skipping the mattress protector. That’s because extra layers may inhibit the breathability of the airfiber core. Since the mattress cover and core can be cleaned, your need for a mattress protector isn’t as great.
Can I flip my airweave mattress?
Do not flip your mattress. Because the airfiber core has different densities, flipping the mattress will make it feel different.
Can I use an electric blanket?
No, do not use an electronic blanket while on your airweave mattress. Because the core is made of plastic, heat may damage the product.
airweave Mattress Review
Learn about this firm Japanese mattress made with airfiber. See testing scores for the mattress performance and customer experience when shopping with airweave.
Best Firm Mattresses
If you prefer a firm mattress, read this guide to learn about what to look for in the best firm mattress and how to choose a bed based on your sleeping style.
Best Mattress for Back Pain
See our top picks for the best mattresses for back pain relief that offer support and comfort. Eliminate upper and lower back pain starting tonight.