Firm - 9/10
10-year limited warranty
A Japanese mattress made with proprietary airfiber known for its extremely firm surface
People with back pain; people who sleep hot
- The airweave Mattress is made with proprietary technology designed to regulate your body temperature and evenly distribute your body weight so you sleep supported.
- Great for athletes.
- The airweave is composed of a recyclable plastic airfiber core.
- The aireave mattress received a perfect score of 10 out of 10 for spine alighment.
Mattress Advisor score for the airweave
Here’s how the airweave mattress scored on different tests and evaluations. Each score is a rating out of 10 points. The total score is a weighted average that incorporates all of the functional and performance characteristics of the mattress. We break down the scores so you can see how the airweave mattress performed on specific tests and evaluations.
7.8 / 10
airweave mattress review
Take a look at our airweave mattress review and see how it performed in our testing to help you determine if this could be the mattress for you.
What to watch out for
- The airweave mattress has been rated a 9 out of 10 for firmness. Beware of this if you prefer a softer surface.
- Many people are not used to the feel of airweave’s proprietary material, airfiber (which may take some getting used to).
- Note that there may be a slight odor after you unbox your Airweave. This should go away within a few days.
airweave sizes available
- Twin: $1000
- Twin XL: $1100
- Full: $1200
- Queen: $1300
- King: $1500
- Cal King: $1500
A look inside
The core of the airweave mattress is made with a proprietary technology called airfiber. Here are some of the benefits of airfiber:
- Disperses body heat through its ability to allow natural airflow through the material
- Eliminates aches and pains through ease of pressure and increased spinal alignment
What airweave customers have to say
- “Just got my mattress yesterday and immediately had the best night sleep in as long as I can remember. I was a little hesitant about the technology, but the supportive comfort and temperature control really do make a difference!” -Eric
- “Extremely comfortable; I dealt with lower back pain with my old mattress. My chiropractor recommended the Airweave technology so I decided to go with a mattress pad (so I didn’t fully jump into the technology but wanted to give the pad a run to try out the Airweave). I wake up pain free and I find myself at comfort. The other benefit has been during hot summer months, it disperses body heat away from the mattress pad itself. Wonderful technology, would buy a full on mattress in the future.”-Kohei
- “This mattress lives up to its reviews. Very firm, but comfortable. If you don’t want a mattress that feels like a giant pillow, or one that molds around you, this is the one. I am a (mostly) side sleeper and find it extremely comfortable. The quality also appears to be high. I imagine the mattress will last longer than other types.” – Kenneth
Read more reviews here.
The finer print
The airweave mattress ships free and should arrive at your doorstep within 10-14 business days. You can schedule white glove delivery for an extra charge of $40.
The airweave mattress comes in a box at full size. All you have to do is remove the packaging and place it on your bed frame.
airweave works on any type of flat surface or bed frame with the exception of adjustable beds. If you want a firmer feel, airweave recommends a platform frame with a solid surface. If you want a slightly less firm feel, go for a platform bed with slats.
If you’re not in love with your airweave mattress, you can return it for a full refund within your 100-night trial period. airweave will arrange for a representative to come to your home to pick up your mattress for free unless you initiate the return before 30 nights have passed. Then you may be subject to a $150 service fee. You are welcome to donate your mattress to a local charity but you will have to coordinate pickup! Just snap a photo or send a receipt as proof to airweave for your refund.
The airweave mattress comes with a 10-year limited warranty.
The cover on the airweave mattress can be zipped off and washed in the washing machine. Dry in a ventilated area out of direct sunlight. Do not place the cover in the dryer. If you need to wash the airfiber core, wash them with luke warm water (below 104F).
- Hypo-allergenic and BPA free
Other products sold by airweave
- Mattress topper: $780 for queen
- Portable mattress topper: $570
- Hyperdown Duvet: $880 for full/queen
- Seat cushion: $190
- Airline seat pad: $590
- Limited edition Hyperdown blanket: $150
If you have more questions about the airweave mattress, check out their FAQ page or leave us a comment below.
By clicking on the product links in this article, Mattress Advisor may receive a commission fee at no cost to you, the reader. Read full disclosure statement.