20-year limited warranty
Memory foam mattress with cooling technology (part of Amerisleep's Firm Collection)
Amerisleep AS2 highlights
- The Amerisleep AS2 model is most popular with back and stomach sleepers – it has thicker foam than the AS1 model and contains a transition layer which gives it a little more cushion.
- The AS2 also offers great cooling properties – the top layer is designed to help wick heat away from your body and the cover contains Celliant, which is known to reduce pain, regulate body temperature, and promote healthy blood circulation.
Amerisleep AS2 mattress review
See how the Amerisleep AS2 performed in our mattress tests to help you determine if this could be the mattress for you.
Mattress Advisor score for the Amerisleep AS2
Here’s how the Amerisleep AS2 mattress scored on different tests and evaluations. Our score is a weighted average out of 10 that incorporates functional and performance characteristics of the mattress, as well as a social responsibility score, which takes into account social mission, community involvement and charitable partnerships.
|Amerisleep AS2 Mattress Review|
|Motion Transfer Test||8.5|
|Edge Support Test||7.5|
|Pressure Relief Test||6|
|Spinal Alignment Test||9|
|Customer Service Score||9|
|Social Impact Score||4|
What makes Amerisleep AS2 different from other mattresses?
- There are actually 5 different mattress options offered by Amerisleep with varying levels of firmness that you can choose from.
- Amerisleep does have a few select retail stores where you can see the mattress for yourself before making your purchase. (Right now, they’re only in Arizona.)
What to watch out for
- The Amerisleep mattress will have a slight “new mattress smell” when you first unpackage it. This smell usually dissipates within a few days and is not harmful.
Amerisleep AS2 sizes available
- Twin: $999
- Twin XL: $1049
- Full: $1149
- Queen: $1299
- King: $1599
- Split King: $1898
- Cal King: $1599
A look inside
The layers inside the Amerisleep AS2 are described as they appear from top to bottom:
- High-performance Celliant cover: Designed to convert your body heat into infrared.
- Bio-Pur foam: Breathable cooling layer with open-cell structure
- Affinity layer: Ergonomic transition foam; provides pressure relief
- Bio-Core foam support layer: Eco-friendly durability and support
What Amerisleep AS2 customers have to say
- “I have a bad back that requires good support and my wife likes a softer mattress. We have bought a new spring mattress every 3-4 because I hat the valleys and ruts that happen. After 4 months we couldn’t be more happy.” – Styx
- “I have bought other memory foam mattresses before. This one is better than any I’ve ever had! I can’t explain why. I just know I wake up in the morning after a great night sleep. I didn’t toss and turn. I didn’t wake up every hour and look at the clock. I didn’t wake up with sore joints or muscles. I just slept. And it feels great!” – Jeano
- “We got this bed just about a week before our daughter was born and because of my pregnancy, I was experiencing serious back and neck pain. When we got the new mattress I noticed a difference the first night we had it. I woke up without the normal stiffness in my neck and ache in my lower back. I felt like I slept more soundly and the bed really supported my entire body, even my pregnant belly. I would buy this mattress again in a heartbeat.” – Sarah
Read more reviews here.
The finer print
The Amerisleep AS2 Ships free to the lower 48 states and usually arrives in 5-10 business days.
The AS2 mattress comes compressed, rolled and boxed. You will simply unbox the mattress, unroll it on your foundation (if you’re using one), and wait for it to expand. You can also watch this video to see how it’s done.
Amerisleep recommends a flat surface for the AS2. You can use a flat or slatted frame, box spring with plywood, adjustable base or even set it on the floor.
If you are not satisfied with your AS2 within your 100-night trial period, they will help you donate your unwanted mattress and give you a full refund.
The Amerisleep AS2 comes with a 20-year limited warranty
The removable cover on Amerisleep mattresses are easily washable for normal cleaning issues like perspiration and odor removal.
- Made in the USA.
- Amerisleep foams are CertiPUR-US certified, meaning they’re safe for you and the environment.
- Their patented foam-making process uses plants to replace some petroleum and is the only manufacturing method that exceeds the standards of the Clean Air Act.
- Through Amerisleep’s referral program, you can get paid for referring the mattress to friends and family.
Other products sold by Amerisleep
- Amerisleep sells an adjustable bed base ($1,900 for queen) as well as sheets, pillows and mattress protectors.
If you have more questions about the Amerisleep AS2 mattress, check out their FAQ page or leave us a comment below.
Customer rating is derived from Google Reviews on the Amerisleep mattress.
By clicking on the product links in this article, Mattress Advisor may receive a commission fee at no cost to you, the reader. Read full disclosure statement.