20-year limited warranty
Memory foam mattress with cooling technology (part of Amerisleep's Soft Collection)
Amerisleep AS3 highlights
- The AS3 is Amerisleep’s most popular mattress model. Hitting the sweet spot of mattress firmness (not too firm, but not too soft), it makes a great sleeping surface for people who tend to change positions throughout the night.
- Its foam comfort layers create a soft but responsive feel that relieves pressure points and makes you feel like you’re floating.
- In addition, the cover contains Celliant, which is known to reduce pain, regulate body temperature, and promote healthy blood circulation.
Mattress Advisor score for the Amerisleep AS3
Here’s how the Amerisleep AS3 mattress scored on different tests and evaluations. Each score is a rating out of 10 points. The total score is a weighted average that incorporates all of the functional and performance characteristics of the mattress. We break down the scores so you can see how the AS3 mattress performed on specific tests and evaluations.
8.4 / 10
Amerisleep recommends a flat surface for the AS3. You can use a flat or slatted frame, box spring with plywood, adjustable base or even set it on the floor.
What makes Amerisleep AS3 different from other mattresses?
- There are actually 5 different mattress options offered by Amerisleep with varying levels of firmness that you can choose from.
- Amerisleep does have a few select retail stores where you can see the mattress for yourself before making your purchase. (Right now, they’re only in Arizona, Colorado and Texas.)
- Amerisleep’s patented foam-making process uses plants to replace some petroleum and is the only manufacturing method that exceeds the standards of the Clean Air Act.
What to watch out for
- The Amerisleep mattress will have a slight “new mattress smell” when you first unpackage it. This smell usually dissipates within a few days and is not harmful.
Amerisleep AS3 sizes available
- Twin: $1099
- Twin XL: $1149
- Full: $1249
- Queen: $1399
- King: $1699
- Split King: $2098
- Cal King: $1699
A look inside
The layers inside the Amerisleep AS3 are described as they appear from top to bottom:
- High-performance Celliant cover: Designed to convert your body heat into infrared
- Bio-Pur foam: Breathable cooling layer with open-cell structure
- Affinity layer: Ergonomic transition foam; provides pressure relief
- Bio-Core foam support layer: Eco-friendly durability and support
What Amerisleep AS3 customers have to say
Amerisleep AS3 mattress reviews from customers with back and joint pain:
- “After 12 years on our old mattress, we splurged in Amerisleep and am so glad we did. Back and neck pain gone!” —Sam
- “I’m usually a budget shopper but there are some things you can’t skimp on. I have had neck back and shoulder problems for years. I knew I needed a good mattress. I read so many reviews of this mattress/company and people saying they had less pain. I 100% agree! I feel so much better when I wake up. Makes getting out of bed harder for my husband he’s been sleeping longer!” —Marileezy
- “A very supportive mattress for my severe back problems; I now get a most restful sleep and a longer one” —Ika
Amerisleep AS3 mattress reviews on comfort:
- “We were in the market to buy a new mattress and read excellent reviews for the AS3. It was comparable in price versus other foam options. We were pleasantly surprised to realize that the great reviews were true! We’re big fans of this mattress because of its comfort while also being cool to the touch.” – The Stins
- “The AS3 is spectacular. We came from a 10 year old mattress and it was time to upgrade. We looked at a ton of mattresses in the stores. Some were great and incredibly expensive, others were just ok and cheap. After doing some research, we found Amerisleep. Honestly, we were very skeptical about purchasing a mattress online but with their warranty/return policy, it wasn’t an issue. After receiving the mattress (great packing, by the way) and sleeping on it for a couple of months now, we couldn’t be more happy with it. It blows away any other mattress we tried in the stores.” – Chad
Amerisleep AS3 mattress reviews on sleep quality:
- “Great bed I use personally. I’m a very light sleeper and this thing keeps me sleeping all night!” – T. Knox
- “This bed is amazing! I went from a Serta memory foam mattress to this bed and I can’t believe that I waited so long to make the switch. It’s comfortable and I sleep way better on this mattress. It will change your life. The only problem (its minor-most nights I don’t even notice)Is that it stays a little warm. Love the product and it’s worth every penny.” – Ben
- “Never bought a mattress in a box, but very glad we did. Have been sleeping on it for about 4 weeks and have nothing but good things to say about this product. Great support,value and overall comfort. Getting a good night sleep finally.” – AJ
Read more reviews here.
The finer print
The Amerisleep AS3 Ships free to the lower 48 states and usually arrives within 5-10 business days.
The AS3 mattress comes compressed, rolled and boxed. You will simply unbox the mattress, unroll it on your foundation (if you’re using one), and wait for it to expand. You can also watch this video to see how it’s done.
If you are not satisfied with your AS3 within your 100-night trial period, simply contact customer service and they will help you donate your unwanted mattress and give you a full refund.
The Amerisleep AS3 comes with a 20-year limited warranty.
The removable cover on Amerisleep mattresses are easily washable for normal cleaning issues like perspiration and odor removal.
- Made in the USA.
- Amerisleep foams are CertiPUR-US certified, meaning they’re safe for you and the environment.
- Through Amerisleep’s referral program, you can get paid for referring the mattress to friends and family.
Amerisleep AS3 mattress FAQs
How does the 100 night trial period work?
From the day your Amerisleep AS3 mattress is delivered, you will have 100 nights to decide if the mattress is right for you. If you decide to return your AS3, you’ll simply contact the customer support team within your trial period window and they will walk you through the return process. A representative will arrange for your mattress to be picked up from your home and donated to a local charity in need. You won’t need to put the mattress back in the box it came in.
How do I know which Amerisleep mattress model is best for me?
Amerisleep offers 5 different foam mattress models in varying levels of firmness:
- AS1: The firmest of the 5
- AS2: Medium-firm; popular among stomach and back sleepers
- AS3: Medium; best-selling model, most versatile
- AS4: Medium-soft; popular among side sleepers
- AS5: Softest of the 5
Can I try the Amerisleep before I buy it?
Amerisleep does have select retail stores in Arizona, Colorado and Texas where you can try out their different mattress models in person. If you don’t live near one of these locations, have no fear! Amerisleep’s trial period allows you to try the mattress in your own home for 100 nights.
Does the Amerisleep AS3 have a break-in period?
It does – in fact, all mattresses do! It can take up to 30 days to fully break in your new mattress. During this time, your body will get used to the new mattress feel and the mattress will have time to fully take shape and provide all the benefits it was designed to offer.
Will I need to flip my Amerisleep AS3 mattress?
You won’t, and you shouldn’t! The Amerisleep AS3 is meant to be used on one side only.
Other products sold by Amerisleep
- Amerisleep sells an adjustable bed base ($1,900 for queen) as well as sheets, pillows and mattress protectors.
- In addition to the AS3, there are four other Amerisleep mattress models to choose from – all in varying firmness levels.
If you have more questions about the Amerisleep AS3 mattress, check out their FAQ page or leave us a comment below.
Customer rating is derived from Google Reviews on the Amerisleep mattress.
By clicking on the product links in this article, Mattress Advisor may receive a commission fee at no cost to you, the reader. Read full disclosure statement.