Medium soft: 4/10
20-year limited warranty
Memory foam mattress with cooling technology (part of Amerisleep's Soft Collection)
Amerisleep AS4 highlights
- The Amerisleep As4 offers cooling properties in two of its three layers. The top layer is proprietary plant-based memory foam, which sleeps much cooler than traditional synthetic foam. It undergoes a process called reticulation, where the cell walls of the foam are blown out while the foam shape remains intact, which makes the top layer much more breathable. The middle layer’s surface contains breathable channels that promote higher airflow.
- In addition, the cover contains Celliant, which is known to reduce pain, regulate body temperature, and promote healthy blood circulation.
- Amerisleep recommends this mattress most highly for side and combo sleepers, with a medium-soft supportive feel.
What makes Amerisleep AS4 different from other mattresses?
- There are actually 5 different mattress options offered by Amerisleep with varying levels of firmness that you can choose from.
- Amerisleep does have a few select retail stores where you can see the mattress for yourself before making your purchase. (Right now, they’re only in Arizona.)
Want to see how the AS4 compares to other mattresses?
What to watch out for
- The Amerisleep mattress will have a slight “new mattress smell” when you first unpackage it. This smell usually dissipates within a few days and is not harmful.
Amerisleep AS4 sizes available
- Twin: $1399
- Twin XL: $1499
- Full: $1549
- Queen: $1699
- King: $1899
- Split King: $2698
- Cal King: $1899
A look inside
The layers inside the Amerisleep AS4 are described as they appear from top to bottom:
- High-performance Celliant cover: Designed to convert your body heat into infrared.
- Bio-Pur foam: Breathable cooling layer with open-cell structure
- Affinity layer: Ergonomic transition foam; provides pressure relief
- Bio-Core foam support layer: Eco-friendly durability and support
What Amerisleep AS4 customers have to say
- “I love the firmness, yet it gives to mold to my body and it is not hot like others have complained about with other memory foam mattresses.” – Katy
- “Hubby and I have used this mattress for over a year now and still wouldn’t exchange it for another. We have slept better and have less aches and pains since it arrived. It has kept me cooler than our last bed.” – Sleep Addict
- “I used to wake up every morning with back pain so I was looking for a mattress that would eliminate my pain, but it had to be firm enough for my husband and not too firm for me. This is my first memory foam mattress and it’s perfect! You don’t feel like you’re sinking into the mattress but it also doesn’t feel too hard. I’m also much cooler at night. Great mattress…I’d recommend for anyone!” – Tara
Read more reviews here.
The finer print
The Amerisleep AS4 Ships free to the lower 48 states and usually arrives in 5-10 business days.
The AS4 mattress comes compressed, rolled and boxed. You will simply unbox the mattress, unroll it on your foundation (if you’re using one), and wait for it to expand. You can also watch this video to see how it’s done.
Amerisleep recommends a flat surface for the AS4. You can use a flat or slatted frame, box spring with plywood, adjustable base or even set it on the floor.
If you are not satisfied with your AS4 within your 100-night trial period, they will help you donate your unwanted mattress and give you a full refund.
The Amerisleep AS4 comes with a 20-year limited warranty.
The removable cover on Amerisleep mattresses are easily washable for normal cleaning issues like perspiration and odor removal.
- Made in the USA.
- Amerisleep foams are CertiPUR-US certified, meaning they’re safe for you and the environment.
- Their patented foam-making process uses plants to replace some petroleum, and is the only manufacturing method that exceeds the standards of the Clean Air Act.
- Through Amerisleep’s referral program, you can get paid for referring the mattress to friends and family.
Other products sold by Amerisleep
- Amerisleep sells an adjustable bed base ($1,900 for queen) as well as sheets, pillows and mattress protectors.
If you have more questions about the Amerisleep AS4 mattress, check out their FAQ page or leave us a comment below.
Customer rating is derived from Google Reviews on the Amerisleep mattress.
By clicking on the product links in this article, Mattress Advisor may receive a commission fee at no cost to you, the reader. Read full disclosure statement.