Amore Hybrid Mattress Review
By clicking on the product links in this article, Mattress Advisor may receive a commission fee at no cost to you, the reader. Read full disclosure statement.
The bottom line: The Amore hybrid mattress is made up of 6 layers of pressure-relieving memory foam and innerspring coils topped with organic cotton and wool. With three firmness options, the Amore hybrid fits the needs of most every sleeper. Plus, it’s one of the best values you’ll find for a high-quality hybrid.
Who Is the Amore Hybrid Mattress Best for?
|Amore Hybrid is best for:||Amore Hybrid may not be best for:|
The Amore Hybrid mattress is an affordable luxury memory foam hybrid mattress. With generous memory foam layers atop pocketed coils, the Amore Beds mattress brings impressive pressure relief and body alignment. In this review, we will share with you everything you need to know—from cost and pros and cons to the buying process—to help you determine if the Amore bed is right for you.
What we love about the Amore Hybrid:
- This 6-layer hybrid boasts the contouring benefits of a memory foam mattress with the bouncy support of pocketed innerspring coils.
- You can choose between 3 different firmness levels, and you can even select different firmnesses for each side of the bed. (Note that split firmness will cost you an additional $200.) This is a great mattress for couples who prefer different firmness levels.
- You also have the option to add a copper-ion infused fabric (for an extra $100) which provides many health and performance benefits, like skin health, healing, anti-microbial properties, and odor elimination.
We evaluate and test every mattress at our in-house testing facility. See how the Amore Hybrid ranked in each category from a 1-10, with 10 being the best. Learn more about our review and scoring process here.
|Mattress Advisor Test||Score (Out of 10)|
⭐Total Score for the Amore Hybrid Mattress: 8.4/10⭐
Amore Hybrid Performance Highlights
- Value: The Amore mattress is an incredible value. Our sleep testers noted that it felt like a luxury hybrid mattress. And with its high-quality construction and lower-than-average price point, it’s one of the best deals around for a hybrid mattress.
- Edge support: We used two tests to examine the firmness of Amore’s edges. In one test, we laid along the edge of the mattress. The Amore proved to be supportive and comfortable from one side to the other. For our second test, we sat along the edge and tied our shoes. We found it very stable. These tests tell us that the Amore hybrid has great edge support, allowing couples to spread out and making it easy to get in and out of bed.
- Spine alignment: One of the most important things a mattress can do is provide the right balance of cushion and support to keep the spine neutrally aligned. We found that the Amore hybrid delivered exceptional spine support, making it a great choice for those with back pain.
- Responsiveness: Our mattress testers easily transitioned from one position to the next, never feeling trapped. Thanks to patented foam that brings the responsiveness of latex and the layer of bouncy innerspring coils, the Amore quickly adjusts to every move. Combination sleepers and those who dislike the sinking foam feeling enjoy a responsive mattress.
- Thermal regulation: Many people wake up during the night hot and sweaty—especially when sleeping atop plush foam layers. Our mattress testers were impressed by how cool the Amore felt. Thanks to airy innerspring coils, open-cell foam, graphite-infusion, and a cooling cover, the Amore sleeps refreshingly cool.
- When our sleepers examined how readily motion moved across the mattress surface, they felt a fair amount of wiggle. With mediocre motion isolation, those who are easily woken from their partner’s movements may find their sleep disrupted.
- Amore has only been in business for around three years. As such, we do not have much history to go off of when it comes to the longevity of their products or how they respond to warranty claims.
- Note that if you decide to upgrade the cover of the Amore Hybrid to the therapeutic copper-ion fabric, the extra $50 you will need to pay is non-refundable if you end up returning the mattress
Take a deeper look into the Amore mattress, including things like how firm the Amore is and what makes up each of its 6 layers, to help you determine if this could be the mattress for you.
How Firm is the Amore Hybrid Mattress?
You can choose from three firmness options:
- The soft Amore mattress rates a 3.5 on the 1-10 firmness scale. The feel is one of incredibly plush cushion and ample pressure relief.
- The medium Amore mattress rates a 6 on the 1-10 firmness scale. This rates between a medium and medium-firm feel. The balance of give and support suits most sleepers.
- The firm Amore mattress rates an 8 on the 1-10 firmness scale. The sensation is one of reliable, firm support with very slight contouring along the top layer.
What Sleeping Position Does the Amore Hybrid Support?
Thanks to the soft, medium, and firm options, the Amore hybrid is a good mattress for back sleepers, mattress for stomach sleepers, and mattress for side sleepers. Even combination sleepers will find the Amore comfortable thanks to the ease with which you can move from one position to the next.
Does the Amore Hybrid Mattress Sleep Hot?
When we evaluated the Amore mattress at our in-house testing facility, we found it to support a cool night’s sleep. Its organic cotton cover and organic wool layer offer incredible breathability. When combined with open-cell foam and airy innerspring coils, body heat is swept away from the mattress surface. Thanks to the varying layers of cooling technology, most sleepers find the Amore to sleep cool.
How Much Weight Does the Amore Hybrid Mattress Support?
The Amore Hybrid supports up to 300 lbs per side. Amore Beds recommends that those weighing more than 250 pounds opt for the firm option for sufficient support.
What Foundations or Bed Frames Can be Used with the Amore Hybrid?
The Amore Hybrid mattress is designed to work with most bed frames, including a platform bed, box spring, slatted foundation (make sure boards are no greater than 4” apart), adjustable base, or even the floor.
What is the Amore Hybrid Made Of?
The Amore hybrid mattress is made with layers of foam and pocketed coils. The layers are described below from top to bottom.
- Cover: Amore offers two covers that you can choose between.
- The 100% organic cotton is naturally soft, durable, and breathable.
- The copper-ion fabric cover (extra $100) may boast additional health benefits (read more here), and the bamboo-derived rayon wicks away moisture to keep you cool and dry.
- Organic wool blend: Wool regulates body temperature, adds extra softness, and acts as an all-natural fire barrier, allowing Amore to use zero chemical flame retardants.
- FusionFlex gel foam (1”): Amore’s patented memory foam layer is designed to offer the contouring responsiveness of a latex mattress with the marshmallow-y feel of memory foam.
- Graphite-infused memory foam (1”): Graphite promotes ventilation and breathability and the memory foam melts pain from pressure points.
- Hyper-contouring transition foam (2”): This transition foam layer divides the softer top layers from the more durable bottom layers. Its ventilated foam helps promote airflow throughout the mattress.
- High-density open-cell specialty foam (2”): High-density foam encourages proper spine alignment and protects the body from the coils beneath.
- Individually wrapped coils + reinforced edge (4”): This layer of individually-encased coils keeps the body reliably supported, avoiding uncomfortable sinkage. Extra-strong coils along the edges create a strong perimeter and impressive edge support.
- Ultra high-density foam base (2”): This lower support layer of polyfoam adds durability and strength.
Amore Hybrid Mattress Sizes, Dimensions, and Pricing
|Twin||38” x 74” x 12”||50 lbs.||$650|
|Twin XL||38” x 79” x 12”||55 lbs.||$750|
|Full||54” x 75” x 12”||60 lbs.||$925|
|Queen||60” x 80” x 12”||80 lbs.||$1,025|
|King||76” x 80” x 12”||90 lbs.||$1,200|
|Cal King||72” x 84” x 12”||90 lbs.||$1,200|
*Prices do not reflect exclusive offers or discounts. Click below to see the best price for the Amore Hybrid mattress.
Amore Hybrid Mattress Unboxing
The Amore Beds Hybrid is a bed-in-a-box mattress, meaning it will arrive at your doorstep compressed in a thin, tall box (measuring around 17” x 17” x 45”). When we received the bed, there was minimal packaging, making it easy to unpack and set up.
We did notice a slight off-gassing odor, which is typical with memory foam beds. However, this odor was subtle in comparison to the average all-foam bed. The Amore mattress quickly puffed up to size. While you may still want to wait a few days for the mattress to completely lose its odor and fully expand, you might be able to sleep on it on the first night.
Here’s what you can expect when buying a new Amore mattress online.
|Delivery||4-9 business days|
|Trial Period||100 nights|
|Warranty||15-year limited warranty|
|Return Policy||Free returns after 30 days|
|Financing||Available through Bread|
Amore Hybrid Mattress Shipping and Delivery
Every new Amore mattress is made-to-order, which means your new mattress won’t have been left in a factory to accumulate dust. From the day of the order, it takes between 2 and 4 business days for the mattress to be built and mailed. From there, you can expect an additional 2-5 business days for shipping. As such, most mattresses are received within 4-9 business days from the day the order is placed.
Amore Beds ships their mattresses free within the contiguous United States. They also ship to Canada, Hawaii, and Alaska for an additional shipping fee. Amore doesn’t offer expedited shipping, but you can choose White Glove Delivery for an extra $100-$150. With White Glove Delivery, a representative delivers your mattress to your bedroom and sets it up. For an extra $40, they’ll also remove your old mattress.
Amore Beds gives buyers the option of whether or not a signature is required upon delivery. The benefit of no signature is that you won’t have to be home when your new mattress arrives. If you select the signature option, you must be home to sign for your new mattress.
Amore Hybrid Mattress Sleep Trial
Amore Beds offers the industry-standard 100-night sleep trial with free returns. From the day your new mattress arrives in the mail, you have 100 nights to test it out. Amore requires that you keep your new mattress for 30 nights to qualify for free returns—this gives your body time to adapt to the new feel and the mattress time to break in.
Amore Hybrid Mattress Warranty
The Amore Hybrid mattress comes with a 15-year limited warranty that covers defects in materials or workmanship.
For the first 10 years, Amore will cover the entire cost to repair or replace your mattress should a warranty claim be approved. The warranty coverage is prorated from years 11-15, meaning you would be responsible for paying a portion of the cost to repair or replace the mattress.
To submit a claim, contact Amore Beds. They’ll help you get everything you need together to file a claim.
Amore Hybrid Mattress Customer Service
Here’s how you get in touch with Amore:
- Hours: 9 AM – 5 PM CST Monday-Friday
- Live chat at amorebeds.com
- Email using online contact form
When writing this review, we had to try a few times during Amore’s normal business hours to get in touch with someone. Once we had a representative on the line, we received excellent customer service.
Most customers report positive experiences with Amore customer service. Here’s what they have to say.
- “Customer service was great! I asked several questions before purchase. They were very helpful and gave their honest opinion for my light weight which is 110 pounds and with my back problems.” -Tricia
- “Nothing but praise for this mattress and the company as well. I got tracking with an ETA and the mattress is comfy too. 5-Stars!” -David
- “Very happy with this purchase and the customer service.” -Anonymous
Amore Hybrid Mattress Return Policy
If you decide to return your mattress during your 100-night sleep trial, Amore offers free returns between days 30 to 100. Simply contact Amore and they’ll work with you to schedule a time for a local charity or recycling center to pick up the mattress. After the mattress has been picked up, you’ll receive a full refund.
- “Cozy and very supportive. Great for those who have low back pain. The Amore top layer is conforming but w/o sinking.” -Anonymous
- “Excellent comfort for a couple close to 70, overweight with arthritis. Would highly recommend.” -Anonymous
- “This mattress is super comfortable! Plush and cozy but not too soft. Perfectly supportive without sacrificing comfort with this wool layer. I LOVE the Amore mattress. Delivery and setup was super easy.” -Trudy B.
- “I’ve laid on over a dozen big name brand online mattresses at one of those comparison stores and they all seemed very hollow and cheap. I took a gamble on Amore since they did not have a mattress in the store and I’m glad I did. This actually feels like a real mattress with real substance to it with quality dense foams.” -Teresa S.
Is the Amore mattress eco-friendly and safe for my health?
While the Amore mattress is not 100% organic or natural, they use organic cotton, organic wool, and CertiPUR-US certified foams in their mattresses. These high-quality materials safeguard your health and offer some protection to the environment.
Can you find the Amore mattress in brick-and-mortar showrooms?
No, Amore mattresses are only available online. By cutting out middlemen and showroom costs, Amore is able to sell their customers luxury mattresses at affordable prices.
How do I clean the Amore mattress cover?
The Amore mattress cover should not be removed. Spot clean it with mild soap if necessary. To protect your Amore mattress and cover from damage, we recommend using a waterproof mattress cover.
Should I flip the Amore hybrid bed?
No, the Amore hybrid mattress has one side that is the bottom and another that is the top. However, you should rotate your mattress 180 degrees once every 3-6 months. This boosts the longevity of the comfort layers.
Amore Hybrid IRL Customer Reviews
MEET ERIN & GAGE
Erin and Gage are both from Apex, NC and currently live in Cary, NC. Erin is in manufacturing sales and Gage is a superintendent for a contracting company. They share their mattress with their two dogs who decide when they want to come in and out of the bed.
Erin is a side sleeper with a temperamental back and Gage is a back sleeper who tends to sleep hot. Before owning their Amore Hybrid, Gage previously owned hand-me-down mattresses from family and Erin had a Sealy hybrid mattress with memory foam top and springs inside. Here’s what they said…
On Selection and Buying Process
“Comfort and durability were the two biggest things for us. We wanted a mattress that we would both find comfortable and that was going to hold up over a long period of time. The Amore was especially desirable because it was a hybrid mattress at a very reasonable price ($875 for a queen). We also liked the fact that we had the ability to customize the firmness and the topper. We ended up getting the medium-firm option with the copper-infused topper. For an extra $50, the special topper seemed worth it!”
After One Night
“The mattress was cozy and easy to fall asleep in. I usually toss and turn throughout the night but I was able to fall asleep quickly and stay asleep. I only remember waking up once, which is rare for me!”
After One Week
“The first week was very enjoyable. We have both commented on how much faster we are falling asleep at night and most importantly, staying asleep throughout the night.”
After One Month
“So, the Amore is absolutely wonderful. We’ve been sleeping fairly soundly. Gage absolutely loves it because it is not super soft, and he doesn’t feel like he’s sinking into the mattress. I like it because all four of us fit well on it and there’s not a lot of motion when anyone is getting in or out of the bed. The dogs really love it and are constantly claiming it as their own.”
By clicking on the product links in this article, Mattress Advisor may receive a commission fee at no cost to you, the reader. Read full disclosure statement.