Aviya Mattress Review
By clicking on the product links in this article, Mattress Advisor may receive a commission fee at no cost to you, the reader. Read full disclosure statement.
The bottom line: The Aviya hybrid is a high-quality mattress at a competitive price point. With three firmness options, it fits the needs of most sleepers. We’ve personally tested the Aviya and researched both the mattress and the company to help our readers decide if this is the mattress of their dreams.
Who Is the Aviya Mattress Best for?
|Aviya is best for:||Aviya may not be best for:|
Aviya was one of the first companies to sell hybrid mattresses directly to the consumer. By skipping the showroom and salesperson costs, they offer their customers an affordable, high-quality hybrid mattress. We’re going to share with you everything you need to know to decide if the Aviya fits your individual needs.
What we love about the Aviya:
- We all have different mattress needs. With three firmness levels, the Aviya works for every sleeping position.
- The Aviya mattress is an incredible value. Our testers were impressed with its luxury mattress feel. And Aviya sells their mattress at a competitive price.
- This mattress is built to last. It’s high-quality construction earned it a 9.5/10 for durability at our in-house testing facility.
- Buying a mattress online is a new experience for most of us. Aviya allows returns for 100 nights, removing the financial risk of buying a bed online.
We know how important a new mattress is. That’s why we’ve tested hundreds of mattresses in our in-house facility. Our scores outline a mattress’s pros and cons to help shoppers find their best fit.
|Mattress Advisor Test||Score (Out of 10)|
⭐Total Score for the Aviya Mattress: 8.4/10⭐
Aviya Mattress Performance Highlights
- Edge Support: We found Aviya to have extra-sturdy, and comfortable, edges. With 3” of polyfoam lining the perimeter, it was comfortable for us to lie along the edges. And our tester felt very stable when sitting along the edge.
- Spine Alignment: Supporting healthy spine alignment throughout the night is one of the most important features of a mattress. We gave the Aviya high marks for its ability to keep the spine properly supported.
- Responsiveness: Our testers switched from one position to the next with ease. This tells us the Aviya is responsive, readily adjusting to our movements. Combination sleepers do best on a responsive mattress.
- Durability: For an affordable hybrid mattress, the Aviya is one of the most durable mattresses we’ve tested. And with a generous mattress warranty, Aviya stands behind the quality of their beds.
- Cooling: Hybrid mattresses keep sleepers cool, and the Aviya is no exception. We found the surface cool to the touch, which isn’t surprising given their breathable innerspring coils and cooling top layer.
- When we tested the Aviya, we experienced a fair amount of motion transfer. If you’re a sensitive sleeper who shares the bed, this might not be the right mattress for you.
- Even the firmest option is a around a 7.5/10, not firm enough for anyone looking for an extra-firm mattress.
Learn everything you need to know to decide if the Aviya mattress is the right bed for you.
How Firm is the Aviya Mattress?
The Aviya mattress comes in three firmness levels. On a 1-10 firmness scale
- The plush is around a 4-5/10
- The luxury plush is around a 6/10
The luxury firm is around a 7-8/10
What Sleeping Position Does the Aviya Support?
The varying firmness levels and bouncy responsiveness make the Aviya a good fit for all sleeping positions: a good back sleepers mattress, side sleepers mattress, stomach sleepers mattress, and combination sleepers mattress.
Does the Aviya Sleep Hot?
When we tested the Aviya mattress and examined its specs, we found the Aviya to sleep relatively cool. Its breathable cotton comfort layer and airy innerspring coils facilitate a cool night’s sleep.
How Much Weight Does the Aviya Mattress Support?
When used alongside the sturdy Aviya foundation, the Aviya mattress supports up to 1,100 pounds (550 pounds per side). With its generous layers of foam and robust innerspring coil system, the Aviya is built to support the weight of most plus-size sleepers.
What Foundations or Bed Frames Can be Used with Aviya?
The Aviya mattress should be used atop a flat surface. This includes a traditional box spring and bed frame, slatted bases, platform beds, bunkie boards, adjustable frames, or the floor.
What is the Aviya Made of?
The Aviya mattress is composed of multiple layers of high-density foam for comfort with an innerspring core for support and responsiveness. It comes in three firmness options: plush, luxury firm, and firm.
- The premium top layer is made with eco-friendly cotton quilting paired with 2” of high-density comfort foam. The feel is one of moderate pressure relief and body contouring.
- Two high-density layers of comfort foam separate the plush cotton and foam layer from the innerspring core. Each layer of high-density foam contours to the body, limiting sinkage and providing responsive support.
- 3” thick foam edging creates a stable, comfortable feel along the entire mattress surface. It also acts as a coil system encasement, boosting durability.
- The individually-wrapped innerspring core is made with 15-gauge steel that offers greater support along the middle of the mattress. It’s this support layer that’s to thank for Aviya’s bouncy resilience and impeccable lumbar support. .
- The 1” thick stability layer along the bottom consists of support foam that helps to minimize motion transfer and evenly distribute body weight.
Aviya Mattress Sizes, Dimensions, and Pricing
|Twin||38” x 75” x 13”||60 lbs.||$799|
|Twin XL||38” x 80” x 13”||60 lbs.||$849|
|Full||54” x 75” x 13”||70 lbs.||$949|
|Queen||60” x 80” x 13”||100 lbs.||$1,099|
|King||76” x 80” x 13”||120 lbs.||$1,399|
|California King||72” x 84” x 13”||120 lbs.||$1,399|
*Prices do not reflect exclusive offers or discounts. Click below to see the best price for the Aviya mattress.
Aviya Mattress Unboxing
One feature that separates Aviya from most of the direct-to-consumer mattress companies is that they aren’t a bed-in-a-box company, but an online mattress company. This means Aviya ships their full-size mattresses, rather than compressing them into small boxes.
When we received the mattress, we found pros and cons to this style of delivery. On the one hand, it took less time to be ready to sleep on. This was thanks to the foam not arriving compressed; it didn’t need much time to air out or expand. However, we had more trouble moving the mattress up stairwells and around tight corners. Fortunately, it’s not a super heavy mattress.
We’ve collected information from Aviya and combined it with our purchase experience to help you know what to expect when you buy a new Aviya mattress.
|Delivery||Free delivery in contiguous USA|
|Trial Period||100-night trial|
|Warranty||10-year limited warranty|
|Return Policy||Free returns|
|Financing||Available through Bread|
Aviya Mattress Shipping and Delivery
Every Aviya mattress is made to order in the USA. Your mattress will ship within 2 business days from their facility in Cleveland, Ohio.
Aviya offers free FedEx shipping. Shipping takes 1 to 5 days, meaning your Aviya mattress should arrive within 7 days from the order date.
Aviya uses a delivery service (XPO) to bring their customers White Glove Delivery. For $159, an XPO representative will carry your mattress to your room, unpack it, and set it up. For $199, XPO will also remove your old mattress.
Aviya Mattress Sleep Trial
We know what it’s like to pour hours into picking a mattress, only to discover that it’s not the right fit. Aviya provides a 100-night sleep trial so you can be sure to find your dream bed.
You have 100 nights to try out the Aviya mattress to ensure that you enjoy a good night’s sleep. Aviya asks that you keep your new mattress for 30 days before returning it. The mattress needs to break in and your body must adjust to the new feel.
Aviya Mattress Warranty
The Aviya mattress comes with a 10-year prorated warranty. While the length of their warranty is standard, we found one aspect that makes it stand out within the mattress industry—the Aviya mattress warranty covers indentations greater than 1”.
Aviya Mattress Customer Service
We’ve found Aviya customer service friendly and knowledgeable. Our favorite way to get in touch with Aviya is through their live chat feature at aviyamattress.com, although you can also call them at 1-844-327-7421.
Our only qualm is that their customer service hours are more limited than that of most mattress companies. They’re available from 9 AM to 5 PM EST Monday through Friday.
Here’s what actual customers have to say.
- “Great customer service and fast delivery. I recommend this company if you are looking to purchase a mattress.” -Janet S.
- “I did phone Aviya before making my final order just to be sure as this is a big purchase to make online from a new company. Very quickly, a very polite young woman was very eager to help me with any final questions I had, and she sealed the deal…I got an email immediately following my order letting me know when the mattress would arrive and was kept in constant communication with throughout the process.” -Ginny Murphy
- “We had entered the wrong stress address for shipping and didn’t realize it until the day of delivery…luckily we made a quick call to Aviya, a real person answered, and within a half-hour the mattress was delivered to our correct address. How’s that for customer service?” -Hannah Post
Aviya Mattress Return Policy
You can initiate a free return between 30 to 100 days after you receive your mattress in the mail. Aviya will work with you to schedule a time for a representative to come and pick up the mattress. Once Avaya recieves the shipment, they’ll issue you a full refund on the original form of payment used.
- “I was cautious at first because I was unfamiliar with the Aviya brand, but I bought a queen luxury firm to give it a try. I’m sleeping like a baby now! I was pleasantly surprised with the quality of the mattress and foundation, it’s heavy duty. Glad I made this choice over the big brand names. I highly recommend.” – Daniel D.
- “After sinking into my sleeping spot for the last 3 years I finally upgraded my mattress and chose Aviya. I couldn’t be happier! It came right to my door and I set it up. Waking up without back pain is great!” – Matt W.
- “We were attracted to the Aviya mattress because of its price, the 100-Night trial program and because our pillow top has sagged to the point of misery. We love the comfortable yet supportive feel of the mattress! No more springs in my back!” – Jen K.
Is the Aviya mattress eco-friendly?
While the Aviya mattress is not 100% natural, Aviya does take steps to protect your health and that of the environment. This is demonstrated with their CertiPUR-US certification and their memory foam including some soy-based foam.
How do I clean my new Aviya mattress?
To clean the Aviya Mattress, simply spot clean. Because it’s not possible to thoroughly clean this mattress, we recommend using a waterproof mattress protector from day 1 to keep it safe from stains, dust, and mold.
Does Aviya offer expedited delivery?
No, Aviya does not offer expedited delivery. However, their mattresses do arrive relatively quickly, so you shouldn’t need to wait more than one week from the order date.
Should I flip or rotate my Aviya mattress?
You shouldn’t flip your Aviya mattress (it’s one-sided), but Aviya recommends regular rotations. For the first 6 months, rotate the mattress every 2 weeks to help the foam break in evenly. Following the initial break-in period, rotate it once every 6 months to increase its longevity.
You May Also Like...
WinkBeds Luxury Firm Mattress Review
Firmness: Medium firm: 6/10
Trial Period: 120 days
Summary: Universally comfortable hybrid mattress for the combination sleeper.
Saatva Classic Mattress Review
Trial Period: 365 days
Warranty: Lifetime warranty
Summary: Customizable luxury hybrid mattress
Helix Midnight Luxe Mattress Review
Firmness: Medium firm: 6/10
Trial Period: 100 days
Warranty: 15-year limited warranty
Summary: Ultra-cooling hybrid mattress with zoned-support
Leesa Mattress Review
Firmness: Medium-firm: 6/10
Trial Period: 100 days
Warranty: 10-year limited warranty
Summary: Foam blend mattress that's ideal for the average sleeper