Awara Mattress Review
Awara Mattress Review
✔️Last updated: November 2023
|✔️Customer Rating: 4.8/5|
|✔️Mattress Advisor Score: 8.8/10|
|✔️Type: Hybrid: latex and coils|
|✔️Free Shipping & Returns|
|✔️365-Night Sleep Trial|
Get up to 50% off
Overview: You can’t go wrong with the Awara mattress: a unique blend of latex and coils, this organic mattress provides optimal support and spine alignment. Its medium-firmness suits a variety of sleepers. Made from high-quality, durable materials, the Awara will give you a healthy, comfortable night’s sleep for many years.
Who Is the Awara Mattress Best for?
|Awara is best for:||Awara may not be best for:|
As one of the best natural organic mattresses here at Mattress Advisor, the Awara will be sure to deliver comfort, support, and durability. This hybrid bed features three lush layers of natural comfort designed to provide full body support throughout the night. It’s also a runner-up for top-rated best hybrid mattresses and best latex mattresses. Made from organic and natural materials, the Awara ensures a healthy and cool sleep for years to come, pleasing hot sleepers and eco-friendly shoppers alike.
Keep reading to learn how Awara offers its customers a healthy and blissful sleep.
What Makes the Awara Special:
- A healthy sleep is guaranteed when you purchase the Awara mattress. Made from organic latex and naturally-sourced materials, this natural mattress is hypoallergenic and resistant to dust mites, making it one for the best mattresses for sleepers with allergies. Latex mattresses also strike a nice balance between memory foam and innersprings—they aren’t too firm, but also won’t cause you to sink into the mattress.
- The Awara mattress features three layers of comfort, providing total body support. The premium coil support core works to distribute your weight evenly and promote air circulation so you can enjoy the feeling of a cool, weightless sleep.
- A one-year sleep trial and a lifetime warranty make purchasing an Awara bed a risk-free experience. Combined with their superb customer service team, Awara works to give you a stress-free buying experience.
See how the Awara measured up in our tests by taking a look at our score breakdown. We rate each factor on a scale of one to 10 so you can easily see how this bed performs on the factors that matter most to you.
|Mattress Advisor Test||Score (Out of 10)|
⭐Total Score for the Awara Mattress: 8.8/10⭐
Awara Testing Highlights
- Cooling: Latex is inherently known for its cooling properties, which makes the Awara a great choice for hot sleepers. Additionally, the natural wool and breathable cotton cover wicks moisture and promotes airflow.
- Premium Coil Support: Eight inches of individually-wrapped pocket coils provide full body support from head to toe.
- Motion Transfer: The Awara is a smart choice for couples, thanks to its unique pocket coil system. The coils help isolate motion and minimize sleep disturbances, so it’s unlikely you’ll be bothered by your partner’s movements.
- Spine Alignment: If you’re a back or stomach sleeper, listen up. The Awara provides excellent spine alignment, meaning the bed promotes a healthy posture throughout the night. This mattress protects you against any sinking or pulling on the natural curve of your back.
- Price: Because the Awara is built with sustainably and naturally sourced materials, the bed is placed at a slightly higher price point. However, you can’t put a price on healthy sleep, and the 365-trial and lifetime warranty protects you against most risks. This bed may or may not be worth the extra cash to some budget shoppers.
- Off-Gassing: Be aware that your Awara mattress may have a mild scent when you unbox it – this is normal and should go away within a few hours.
- Pressure Relief: The Awara did not score as high in pressure point relief, meaning it is not the best choice for side sleepers.
We all know that a bed with great motion isolation is a great bed for couples and co-sleepers; nobody wants to be woken up by their bed partner’s movements. And when it comes to the Awara, the wine test told us exactly what we needed to know: it’s got great motion isolation.
We place the wine on one side of the bed and the tester on the other. As she rolled around, the wine didn’t show us too much movement. We were so impressed it’s got a 9 out of 10.
If you thought the motion transfer test was solid, wait until you get a load of the edge support test. The test is executed in two parts. The first part has us sit on the edge of the bed and put on a pair of shoes. We thought it was pretty supportive, and I didn’t feel like I was going to fall off.
Next, we lay on the edge of the bed on our sides, back, and front to see if we felt as if we might fall any second, but the support was solid as a rock. Another 9 out of 10 experience.
*Editor’s Note: This testing occurred before Awara changed its mattress to a maroon color.
One area that Awara did not perform as well on was the pressure relief test. For this one, we put down our heat map and lay across it on our sides and back: two of the most crucial positions to have pressure relief.
Looking at the heat map, the blue means no pressure and the red shows the maximum amount of pressure. Our side sleeper had decent pressure relief on her shoulders, but not nearly enough on her hip. Awara may not be the bed for you if you suffer from hip pain when you wake up.
Let’s dive into all the practical details you need to know about the Awara bed-in-a-box mattress. We’ll clue you in on the materials used in the bed as well as which sleeping position the mattress best supports and more.
Awara Firmness Level
The Awara Mattress lands at a 7 out of 10 on the firmness scale, meaning the bed is medium-firm. Medium-firmness accommodates the average sleeper as the bed is a nice combination of supportive and soft.
Does the Awara Support Your Sleep Position?
Due to the Awara bed’s medium-firmness, this mattress can support a variety of sleeping positions.
The Awara mattress will be the best fit as a mattress for back sleepers, stomach sleeper mattress, and mattress for combination sleepers. The latex foam works to cradle the spine and keep you lifted and comfortable, which benefits back sleepers. Stomach sleepers will feel supported by the bed’s medium-firmness, which helps to prevent your hips from sinking into the bed and keeps your spine straight.
Side sleepers will appreciate the pillow top, but not the lack of pressure relief. If you’re a side sleeper, head over to our best mattress for side sleepers page for better recommendations.
Is It Cooling?
Latex inherently possesses cooling properties, so the Awara mattress’s latex and coil combo does an excellent job of keeping you cool throughout the night. The wool used in the Awara’s cover also works to dispel moisture away from your body and regulate body temperature. These materials are also naturally breathable, so you can enjoy a healthy and cool night’s sleep.
Is Awara Good for Plus-Sized People?
This latex hybrid mattress is on the heavier sides of most beds and highly durable, making it capable of supporting a variety of body weights and types.
The Awara bed works with any base that has a solid foundation such as a basic frame, box spring, or adjustable base. As long as the mattress is raised off of the floor to ensure breathability and support, you can use any stable foundation that meets these requirements. This will help increase the lifespan of your Awara mattress, so you can enjoy a comfortable sleep for years to come.
The Inside Construction
The Awara mattress is composed of two core layers made from eco-friendly materials and an all-natural cotton cover. Premium organic Dunlop latex and 5-zoned pocket coils work together to provide a nice union of support and comfort.
- Organic Quilted Cotton Cover: A top layer made of organic cotton and 100% organic New Zealand wool. This eco-friendly wool cover will keep you cool and comfortable thanks to its breathability and moisture-wicking properties.
- Rainforest Alliance-certified Dunlop Latex (2″): The first layer uses latex, which is a naturally bouncy material that helps this comfort layer offer exceptional responsiveness and pressure relief. The natural latex used in this bed is Rainforest Alliance-certified, so you can rest comfortably knowing you’re getting healthy sleep.
- Pocket Coils (8″): This coil compression system provides total body support, pressure relief, and spine alignment. Motion isolation works together with the pocketed coils to provide a peaceful sleep with little disturbances.
- Soft Base Layer: With four reinforced handles, this cotton/poly base ties the mattress together by providing durable support and a luxurious feel.
Awara Mattress Sizes, Dimensions, and Pricing
|Twin||38” x 75” x 10″||59 lbs||$1,398|
|Twin XL||38” x 80” x 10″||63 lbs||$1,498|
|Full||54” x 75” x 10″||81 lbs||$1,798|
|Queen||60” x 80” x 10″||91 lbs||$1,898|
|King||76” x 80” x 10″||116 lbs||$2,198|
|Cal King||72” x 84” x 10″||116 lbs||$2,198|
*Prices do not reflect exclusive offers or discounts. Click below to see the best price for the Awara mattress.
Awara Mattress Unboxing
The Awara mattress arrives on your doorstep rolled and compressed in a weatherproof packaging. The bed comes with four reinforced handles to help you place the mattress securely on a base. It should only take a few minutes for you to unbox your Awara bed and the mattress should puff to life pretty instantly. The mattress has a very mild odor since it’s made from natural and organic materials so any scent or off-gassing the bed produces dissipates rather quickly.
Of course, Awara does offer a white glove delivery service should you choose to sit back and relax while someone else does the work for you.
Think the Awara mattress is the bed for you? Read on for all the purchasing details you need to know like how long the mattress takes to be delivered and how long the warranty is good for.
|Delivery||Ships free and arrives to your door within 3-5 business days|
|Trial Period||365 nights|
|Warranty||Lifetime warranty for as long as you own mattress|
|Return Policy||Free returns|
|Financing||Available through Affirm|
How Is the Delivery Process?
Awara offers free shipping for all orders being delivered in the contiguous U.S. As soon as you place your order, Awara ships your new bed out in 1-2 business days. Should you choose to add the white glove delivery service for an extra $149, then allow for an extra 2-3 days for your mattress delivery.
The white glove delivery service means an Awara representative will set up your new mattress and remove your old one, so all you have to do is open the door, sit back, and relax while your new mattress takes shape. White glove delivery service equates to the VIP treatment for Awara, so it may be worth the extra cash.
You do not have to be home to sign for your new mattress unless you pay for the white glove delivery service and set up.
How Long Is the Trial Period?
The Awara Mattress offers a 365-night trial, which is one of the longest sleep trials among mattress companies. You have a full year to decide if this is the bed for you! The trial begins 30 days after your mattress is delivered- something unheard of in the mattress world. Most mattress companies’ trial starts the day your bed is delivered, so this is quite a perk to the Awara. Awara allows 30 days between the date of delivery and the start of the trial, because they understand it takes time for your body to adjust to a new bed.
If anytime during the 365-night trial you decide you want to return the Awara mattress, you can call customer service to begin the return process and an Awara representative will pick up the mattress and donate it locally.
Breaking Down the Awara Warranty
Awara offers a lifetime warranty- another big plus in the mattress world as most companies offer anywhere from a 10 to 15-year limited warranty. Awara constructed their mattresses with high-quality, durable materials to ensure your bed can last as long as you would like to sleep on it. In the event that it doesn’t, however, Awara will replace your mattress for no extra cost should there be damages that occur from normal use.
The forever warranty is only valid to the original purchaser and guarantees your Awara mattress will be free from defects in workmanship and materials for as long as you own it. Awara’s warranty covers any physical flaw in the mattress that causes the foam to split or crack as well as any deterioration that causes the bed to have a visible indentation greater than one and a half inches. The warranty only applies if your Awara bed is placed on a firm, solid surface.
In the first 10 years of your warranty, Awara will replace your bed with a brand new mattress at no charge to you. After the first 10 years and beyond, Awara will completely repair and re-cover your mattress for just a $50 transportation cost each way.
To submit a claim, you can contact customer service at 855-580-1382.
How Do You Contact Customer Service?
Awara has several options for contacting customer service. You can speak with an Awara representative directly on their site’s live chat feature, call them at 855-580-1382, or email them at E.firstname.lastname@example.org. We gave Awara an 8 out of 10 for customer service meaning they offer pretty excellent customer service. Check out what some Awara customers had to say about their experience:
- “Their customer support team is reason enough to purchase from them”- Teran O.
- “I’ve seriously never interacted with another company that had such an amazing customer service team. Great job. Keep it up!”- Jessie M.
The Ins and Outs of the Return Policy
Awara offers free returns within your 365-night trial, which means you can return your mattress and have your old mattress removed at no cost to you. Awara’s customer service will work with you throughout the return process and coordinate the most convenient way for them to donate your Awara bed or dispose of it locally. To initiate a return, you can call customer service at 855-580-1382.
- “I’ve tried multiple mattresses already and was never able to find one that had that just right feeling for me, until I tried the Awara mattress. It’s not too soft and not too firm, it really is just right! I’d recommend this mattress to anyone looking for something that is soft yet perfectly supportive without being stiff or lumpy” – David I.
- “Often I have to travel for work and I am lucky enough to have been put up in more than one 5 star hotel. The bed in these places are extremely comfortable, so I don’t say this lightly when I say that Awara feels akin to sleeping at a 5 star hotel. Every morning I wake up is a struggle to get out of bed, in the best possible way. I don’t want to leave the delicious comfort of this mattress!” – Lynn C.
- “A 365 day trial period is almost completely unheard of in the mattress industry, and really speaks to the Awara company as a whole. I’ve been sleeping on this mattress for about two months and I love it. Would highly recommend for anyone who enjoys a great night of sleep.” – Poppy N.
Should You Buy the Awara?
So, we’ve reached the fateful question: is the Awara your dream mattress? Well, that depends. If you are someone who wants an eco-conscious bed, if you sleep with someone else, and if you tend to run hot at night, all signs point to Awara being the mattress for you. (Not to mention the 1-year sleep trial and forever warranty.)
However, if you are a side sleeper who suffers from hip pain, not so much. We suggest the Owl Hybrid Latex mattress instead. It has similar materials to the Awara, and is just as eco-conscious, but it has better pressure relief.
Awara Mattress FAQs
Does the Awara mattress have a break-in period?
Yes—like any mattress, it can take up to 30 days to fully break in the Awara mattress. Think about this before you decide to return it too soon.
Can I finance my Awara mattress?
Great sleep is in reach no matter your financial situation! If you prefer to pay for your Awara mattress over a period of time, you can opt for 6 months of low, interest-free payments through Affirm. Simply select this option at checkout. No credit check is required and you can apply by using a bank account, credit or debit card and proving a source of income.
When can I sleep on my Awara mattress?
Because your Awara is made from natural and organic materials, your bed will emit little to no odor if any. Any odor that comes from the bed at all will likely be from the packaging when you unbox your bed and should dissipate quickly. You’ll be happy to know that you can sleep comfortably on your new mattress the same night it arrives at your door.