Bear Hybrid Mattress Review
By clicking on the product links in this article, Mattress Advisor may receive a commission fee at no cost to you, the reader. Read full disclosure statement.
The bottom line: The Bear Hybrid Mattresses is a hybrid spring and foam mattress that aids in recovery with its Celliant technology, perfect for people searching for a cooling and responsive bed. The 100-night trial and 20-year warranty ensure that you will sleep cool and comfortably for years.
Who Is the Bear Hybrid Mattress Best for?
|Bear Hybrid is best for:||Bear Hybrid may not be best for:|
What Makes the Bear Hybrid Special:
- Compared to the Bear Memory Foam mattress, the Bear Hybrid offers the feel of a traditional spring mattress while infused with cooling memory foams.
- Made with Celliant, which is said to harness your body’s natural energy to expedite recovery times and overall well being.
Below you will see our score breakdown for the Bear Hybrid mattress. This is where you can see how it scored in each of our tests. In the next section, you’ll get to dive deeper into our testing. If you’re curious about our testing process and understanding mattress terminology, check out our review process here.
|Mattress Advisor Test||Score (Out of 10)|
⭐Total Score for the Bear Hybrid Mattress: 9.0/10⭐
Spine Alignment: The Bear Hybrid really impressed us when it came to spine alignment. This mattress will do an excellent job at keeping your spine straight throughout the night, so you can wake up feeling refreshed with a healthy posture.
Durability: When it comes to durability, you can be sure the Bear Hybrid will last you for years. The bottom layer is made with dense support foam that ensures a long lifespan for the mattress and adds overall structure and support.
Social Impact: The Bear Hybrid doesn’t do much in the social world besides donating returned mattresses to local charities.
Best/Worst Things About The Bear Hybrid
- While the bed-in-a-box industry standard is a 10-year warranty, Bear takes it to the next level with their generous 20-year warranty, showing their confidence that the Bear Hybrid will last you for years to come.
- Responsiveness: If you are a person who tosses and turns at night, a mattress with good responsiveness is what you should look for. Bear Hybrid scored an impressive 9 out of 10 in our responsiveness test, meaning it adjusted quickly to movement.
- Cooling: Using a combination of pocketed coils, cooling gel memory foam, and a Celliant cover, Bear Hybrid sleep exceptionally cool.
- When you free the Bear Hybrid from its plastic wrapping, you may notice a slight odor. This is normal with boxed mattresses and should go away in a few hours.
- The Bear Hybrid didn’t do the best job at motion isolation in our mattress test, meaning it may not be the best option for people who sleep with a partner.
- This mattress scored a 7 out of 10 in our pressure relief test, meaning it doesn’t do the greatest job at easing the pressure from hips and shoulders.
- The Bear Hybrid lacks some edge support, so you may want to be careful to not sleep too close to the edge of your mattress.
Let’s dig into some info about the Bear Hybrid and who it works best for.
Bear Hybrid Firmness Level
The Bear Hybrid is a medium-firm mattress, coming in at about a 6.3/10 on the firmness scale. This firmness works for most types of sleepers.
Does the Bear Hybrid Mattress Support Your Sleeping Position?
The Bear Hybrid is one of the best mattresses for combo sleepers because of the mattress’s responsiveness. This makes it easier to move around on the mattress and shift positions. This is also a good mattress for stomach sleepers and great bed for back sleepers who will enjoy the firmness level because it provides the sturdy support those sleepers need to keep their hips from sinking.
Side sleepers on the Bear Hybrid is a different story. Side sleepers need the pressure relief that Bear Hybrid lacks. They require more soft cushioning for their hips and shoulders, and more contouring that’ll cradle their pressure points. The Bear Hybrid probably won’t cut it for most side sleepers – check out our best mattress for side sleepers guide for better recommendations.
Will You Sweat on the Bear Hybrid?
Chances are you won’t be plagued by a case of the night sweats when sleeping on the Bear Hybrid. The Bear Hybrid is made using encased coil springs, cooling gel foam, and a quilted cover infused with Celliant technology that moves heat away from the body. Combined, the Bear Hybrid sleeps ultra cool, so you can rest comfortably all night long.
Does the Bear Hybrid Mattress Match Your Body Type?
Bear Hybrid can hold up to 230 lbs. on each side of a queen mattress. This works for most body types.
Best Compatible Foundations for the Bear Hybrid
The Bear Hybrid Mattress will work on any firm, flat surface. This includes a box foundation, flat frames, slats, adjustable frames, or even the floor.
Take A Look Inside
The Bear Hybrid is made of 5 layers of foam and coils, and is designed to offer that coveted firmness sweet spot of not too soft and not too firm.
- Hand-quilted Celliant® Fiber Cover: This hand-tufted cover is woven with Infrared Yarn Technology that harnesses your body’s natural energy to promote recovery and overall well-being.
- Comfort Foam: This comfort layer is made of breathable, adaptative foams designed to increase airflow and reduce heat.
- Cooling gel memory foam: Designed to promote air flow and keep you cool while you sleep.
- Individually encased coils: This layer is made of a 1300+ encased coil system that adds support and creates a traditional spring mattress feel.
- High-density support foam: Adds support and durability.
Bear Hybrid Mattress Sizes, Dimensions, and Pricing
|Twin||39” x 75” x14”||60 lbs.||$1,095|
|Twin XL||39” x 80” x14”||60 lbs.||$1,295|
|Full||54” x 75” x 14”||80 lbs.||$1,495|
|Queen||60” x 80” x 14”||110 lbs.||$1,695|
|King||76” x 80” x 14”||140 lbs.||$1,995|
|Cal King||72” x 84” x 14”||140 lbs.||$1,995|
*Prices do not reflect exclusive offers or discounts. Click below to see the best price for the Bear Hybrid mattress and see the best Bear mattress coupons.
Bear Hybrid Mattress Unboxing
The Bear Hybrid mattress took just over a minute and a half to set up. Bear was a little heavy on the packaging, and the mattress a bit heavy to pick up, so we suggest moving the mattress with a partner. There was a slight off-gassing smell; let your mattress air out for a few hours, and it should go away.
|Delivery||Compressed and rolled into a 45’’x 20.5’’ x 20.5’’ box; free shipping|
|Trial Period||100 Days|
|Return Policy||Free Returns|
|Financing||Available through Affirm|
Shipping and Delivery
The Bear Hybrid comes with free delivery and should arrive at your doorstep within 7-10 business days. Anywhere outside of the continental U.S. will have a shipping fee.
For white glove delivery service and mattress removal, there is a $150 fee.
Sleep Trial Period
Bear offers the typical 100-night trial that is the industry standard in the online mattress world. You should allow your Bear Hybrid at least 30 nights to break in during this time.
Decoding the Warranty
The Bear Hybrid Mattress comes with a 20-year limited warranty. This covers any body impressions greater than one inch and any physical flaw sustained from normal, proper handling.
Everything Customer Service
To get in touch with Bear’s customer service team you can either live chat on Bear’s website, call 884-311-0035, or email email@example.com.
The Return Policy
If you’re not in love with your Bear Hybrid, you can return it for a full refund within your 100-night trial period. Bear will arrange for a representative to come to your home to pick up your mattress. The company asks you to give the mattress a try for at least 30 nights.
On Pain Relief
- “I bought it just off the reviews without trying it and I love it. I have a slipped disc and it’s the best mattress by far I’ve ever had to date.” -Lucie R.
- “I was skeptical to buy a mattress online but after all my research and reading bona fide reviews, I settled on the Bear Hybrid. It was a great decision. The mattress is extremely well made, very comfortable for both back and side sleeping and with the accompanying frame and foundation, provides me a great night’s sleep. I especially like the construction elements of the hybrid mattress and my spouse who has arthritic issues has definitely gotten relief. We would eagerly consider another purchase and recommend the product and company highly and without reservation…..thanks Bear!!!!” -Robert L.
- “Like sleeping on a cloud. Very comfortable that it turned me into a back sleeper. When side sleeping felt that I was sinking in at times but nothing that disrupted sleep. Very good at transferring body heat.” -Justin J.
- “I’ve been sleeping on my Bear Hybrid now for 2 months and from Day 1, it has been the best sleep I have ever experienced. I used to wake up stiff and sore but with Bear I wake up, heck bounce up, refreshed with no soreness at all. By far the best purchase I have made. Thank you Bear, well done!!!” -Gary S.
On Buying a Bed Online
- “Like many people on the market for a new mattress, we put in some time doing our research. We read countless reviews, watched numerous YouTube videos, and asked family and friends. While Bear wasn’t the #1 mattress-in-a-box Instagram ad in our feeds, it was the consistent winner for quality for the price. We settled on the Bear Hybrid, which has been an absolute dream (pun intended). After the first night, my husband and I woke up feeling so refreshed. And after 2 months, it holds up! There is enough support for myself (a side sleeper), and enough memory foam softness for my stomach-sleeping partner. It has completely changed our quality of sleep, so much so that we are left wondering how we ever rested on our old mattress! I highly recommend this mattress – you won’t be disappointed.” -Aubrey G.
- “After many hours and lengthy research and plenty of local store visits we decided to take a chance on the Bear hybrid. After the FIRST night I was able to sleep through the entire night and woke up well refreshed. Typically every morning I crack my back when driving to work now I can’t even crack my back if I tried! 10/10” -Sal M.
Reasons You Should/Should Not Buy the Bear Hybrid:
If you’re an athlete, or generally lead an active or demanding lifestyle, the Bear Hybrid was practically made for you. With an innovative Celliant cover that can help to aid in recovery and overall well-being, this hybrid mattress is also ideal for seniors. The Bear Hybrid is infused with cooling memory foam, so you can kiss those night sweats goodbye.
The Bear Hybrid earned its rank as one of the best hybrid mattresses for its blend of high-quality foams and coils that deliver maximum support and comfort. This mattress is a little pricey, but for all you’re getting plus the 20-year warranty and free shipping & returns, I still think it’s quite a steal. The Bear Hybrid isn’t great for side sleepers wanting pressure relief as well as couples who need a mattress that excels in motion isolation. Have no fear, the Brooklyn Bedding Aurora is here for you.
The Brooklyn Aurora is another hybrid mattress, but performs better in motion isolation and pressure relief. It’s better able to support side sleepers and couples, and even comes in 3 different firmness levels so you can customize your mattress based on which sleep position you frequent most. It also boasts similar cooling technology as the Bear Hybrid. Check out our full Brooklyn Aurora Mattress Review to learn more.
Related: Bear vs Bear Hybrid
- Original Bear Mattress Review
- Bear Pro Mattress Review
- Bear Weighted Blanket Review
- Bear Mattress Protector Review
- Bear Pillow Review
Is the Bear Hybrid mattress made in the USA?
The Bear Hybrid mattress is manufactured in Wisconsin using CertiPUR-US certified foams.
Can I finance my Bear Hybrid?
Financing for the Bear Hybrid is available through Affirm. Simply select Affirm at checkout where you will fill out your application and complete your purchase upon approval.
How do I clean my Bear Hybrid?
To clean the Bear Hybrid, simply spot clean with a small amount of warm water and a mild detergent.