Memory foam with graphite gel
Medium firm: 6/10
10-year limited warranty
Known to help relieve pressure points and aid in muscle recovery
- Bear claims to be a great mattress for athletes or people with active lifestyles because of its pressure relieving properties, cooling effects and muscle recovery technology…but really anyone can benefit from these features.
- The mattress cover is made with Celliant® fibers, which reflect infrared light back to the body to promote blood circulation and improved muscle recovery.
- Bear claims that its open cell response foam increases cooling and conductivity up to 7x more than traditional foam mattresses – we can attest to the fact that the mattress is actually cool to the touch!
Bear mattress review
See how the Bear performed in our mattress tests to help you determine if this could be the mattress for you.
Mattress Advisor score for the Bear
Here’s how the Bear mattress scored on different tests and evaluations. Our score is a weighted average out of 10 that incorporates functional and performance characteristics of the mattress, as well as a social responsibility score, which takes into account social mission, community involvement and charitable partnerships.
|Bear Mattress Review|
|Motion Transfer Test||7.75|
|Edge Support Test||8.5|
|Pressure Relief Test||7|
|Spinal Alignment Test||8.5|
|Customer Service Score||9|
|Social Impact Score||6|
What to watch out for
- Bear is still a memory foam mattress so expect it to contour your body more. If you’ve been sleeping on a traditional innerspring mattress, this might take some getting used to.
Bear sizes available
- Twin: $500
- Twin XL: $650
- Full: $750
- Queen: $850
- King: $950
- Cal King: $950
A look inside
The Bear mattress has three different foam layers that provide cooling comfort, contouring pressure relief and core support.
- Cover – absorbs body heat and reflects infrared light, helping your body recover faster
- Top layer – graphite gel foam with cooling technology and body support
- Middle layer – response foam that provides bounce and pressure relief (great for spine alignment)
- Bottom layer – high-density support foam provides strength and durability
What Bear customers have to say
- “We were looking for a new mattress for a while to replace an old memory foam mattress. After some research, we settled on the Bear. It arrived quickly, setup was super easy, and my bad back has been thanking me ever since. I’d recommend this to pretty much anyone who likes semi-firm to firm mattresses.” – Jason B.
- “I liked my Bear Mattress after the first night, but now I can say that I love it after one month. It has helped my lower back aches and pains and my back is much less tight in the morning. I have recommended the Bear Mattress to all my family, friends and colleagues.” – Jill R.
- “I’m not one to write reviews but I just have to write this one. My wife and I have been sleeping on our Bear mattress for about a month now. I have been sleeping better than I have in years. My wife and I are Novice Powerlifters and this mattress has definitely accelerated our recovery time. We don’t wake up as stiff and sore has before with our old mattress. It took a couple of weeks for my wife to adjust to this mattress for some it might be stiff at first. For me I loved it the very first night. We are extremely happy with our decision to purchase a Bear mattress. We bought the foundation as well, love that the foundation is very light. We are also a military family and move often.” – Rodney L.
Read more reviews here.
The finer print
The Bear mattress ships free to the lower 48 states and will be at your door in 4-7 business.
The Bear mattress comes compressed, rolled and boxed. It is recommended that you have at least two people setting this up. You will simply unbox the mattress, unroll it on your foundation, and wait for it to expand. You can watch a quick video of how it’s done here.
The Bear mattress is ideally paired with the Bear foundation but will also work just fine with any flat or slatted frame/foundation since it is memory foam. You can also use it right on the floor.
If you’re not completely satisfied within the first 100 days, Bear will arrange for someone to come pick up the mattress and refund your money in full. They do ask that you sleep on the mattress for at least 30 nights, as your body may need some time to adjust to the feel and support.
The Bear mattress comes with a 10-year limited warranty. You can read more about the warranty policy here.
Bear recommends spot cleaning your mattress with warm water and mild detergent.
- Made in the USA.
- Bear donates 1% of every sale to Good Sports Charity.
- Bear uses CertiPUR-US® certified foams – meaning it’s good for you and the environment.
- Bear does have a showroom you can visit in Hoboken, NJ. You can set a showroom appointment using this link.
Other products sold by Bear
- Bear also sells a cooling pillow with recovery technology ($95), a waterproof mattress protector ($110 for queen), and an adjustable bed foundation ($1,640 for queen).
- You can also save 5% when you buy the mattress, mattress protector, and two pillows together.
If you have more questions about the Bear mattress, check out their FAQ page or leave us a comment below.
Customer rating is derived from Google Reviews on the Bear mattress.
By clicking on the product links in this article, Mattress Advisor may receive a commission fee at no cost to you, the reader. Read full disclosure statement.