Bear Pro Mattress Review
Bear Pro Mattress Review
✔️Last updated: August 2023
|✔️Customer Rating: 5/5|
|✔️Mattress Advisor Score: 8.8/10|
|✔️Type: Foam Blend|
|✔️Free Shipping & Returns|
|✔️120-Night Sleep Trial|
|✔️Lifetime Limited Warranty|
Get 35% off + $400 in Free Accessories
February 2023 update: The Bear Pro has been discontinued and will soon be replaced by the Bear Pro Hybrid. We’ll update our review as soon as we can get our hands on it for testing.
Summary Review: The Bear Pro is Bear’s most advanced cooling mattress model, perfect for those who sleep hot and suffer from night sweats. The copper-infused foam will not only keep you cool, but it helps your nighttime recovery, great for athletes and people who live an active lifestyle.
Who Is the Bear Pro Mattress Best for?
|Bear Pro is best for:||Bear Pro may not be best for:|
The Bear Pro memory foam mattress uses Celliant fibers and copper-infused foam to be the best recovery mattress in their line up. In this review, we’ll tell you all there is to know about the Bear Pro, including the pros and cons, policies, sizes and prices, as well as how it scored in our personal lab test. Stay tuned to learn more!
What sets Bear Pro apart:
- The combination of copper foam, gel foam, and open-cell foam allows for a cooler sleep because your body heat escapes and the gel keeps you cool.
- Bear Pro is both naturally antibacterial and antiviral, providing you with a cleaner sleep.
- The memory foam layers contour to your body and relieve aches, pains, and pressure from problem areas.
We have yet to take this lovely mattress to our lab, but for now, we’ve curated a customer experience score. To learn more about how we score check out our review process.
|Mattress Advisor Test||Score (Out of 10)|
⭐Customer Experience Score for the Bear Pro Mattress: 8.8/10⭐
*Complete Mattress Advisor Score coming soon!*
Best/Worst Things About Bear Pro
- Copper-Infusion: One of the most stand-out features of the Bear Pro mattress is their copper-infused foam layer. Don’t understand why that’s so special? Well it’s the key ingredient to overnight recovery. See, copper not only conducts any extra body heat away from you, but there is evidence that suggests that it’s an anti-inflammatory as well. In layman’s terms: you wake up refreshed and sweat-free.
- Motion isolation: Sleep with a partner? A kid? A dog? The foam layers in the Bear Pro ensure that you can’t feel it as your sleep partner tosses, turns, and gets up for that late-night bathroom break.
- Pressure Relief: If you lead an active lifestyle, pressure point relief is what you need in a mattress to wake up less sore and pain free. Because Bear Pro is an all-foam bed and is infused with recovery materials, it is the perfect solution for your most sensitive areas.
- Since Bear Pro is a memory foam mattress, you may notice a slight off-gassing odor. But don’t be alarmed; this is completely normal. Just let your bed air out for a few hours until the smell dissipates and you’re fine to put on sheets, comforter, the whole nine.
- With all of these amazing properties, it’s no surprise that the Bear Pro isn’t exactly budget friendly. But don’t worry! This review will direct you to our Bear mattress coupons page.
The Bear Pro is a 6.5/10 on the firmness scale, so you get medium-firm support. If you’re wondering what that means, the foam layers give you enough contouring and cushioning, but it’s firm enough to support your spinal alignment.
Is It Good for Your Sleeping Position?
The Bear Pro mattress works well for all sleep positions:
- A good mattress for side sleepers: you will enjoy the way the cooling foam contours to their body and the way it’ll keep their spines straight.
- Back sleeper mattress: you will be able to get enough of the contouring foam keeping their spine in its natural alignment.
- A mattress for stomach sleepers: you need a firmer mattress and Bear Pro hits that sweet spot on the firmness scale.
- Great mattress for combo sleepers: toss and turn in peace with Bear Pro’s responsiveness.
Cooling Properties and Temperature Regulation
The Bear Pro sleeps rather cool for an all-foam mattress. Between the Celliant cover, copper foam, and graphite foam, your temperature should be significantly lower than with a f=regular memory foam mattress.
However, an innerspring bed or a mattress with latex layers will be cooler.
Does the Bear Pro Match Your Body Type?
The Bear Pro mattress doesn’t exactly come with a weight limit. But considering it’s a a memory foam bed, it works for most typer of sleepers, but it may not be the best choice for heavier sleepers.
Best Bed Frames for Bear Pro
The best foundation to pair the Bear Pro with is the Bear foundation, but it will also work well a flat or slatted platform bed. You can also place the bed directly on the floor.
One thing this bed is not compatible with is a traditional box spring, however.
Taking a Look Inside
The Bear Pro mattress contains four layers of memory foam encased in a recovery-focused Celliant cover.
- Celliant Cover: Mattress cover infused with Celliant fiber designed to aid in muscle recovery.
- Copper-infused Foam: The top layer of copper foam keeps away excess body heat and has antimicrobial properties, keeping you cool and clean.
- Gel Memory Foam: This extra comfort layer of cooling materials doubles down on keeping your temperature low.
- Responsive Transition Foam: This transition layer relieves pressure points and keeps your spine evenly aligned, helping with back pain.
- High-Density Support Foam: The base layer of thick polyfoam ensures your mattress will last for years to come.
Bear Pro Mattress Sizes, Dimensions, and Pricing
|Twin||38″ x 75″ x 12″||60 lbs.||$1,165|
|Twin XL||38″ x 80″ x 12″||60 lbs.||$1,365|
|Full||54″ x 75″ x 12″||70 lbs.||$1,415|
|Queen||60″ x 80″ x 12″||80 lbs.||$1,465|
|King||76″ x 80″ x 12″||100 lbs.||$1,865|
|Cal King||72″ x 84″ x 12″||100 lbs.||$1,865|
|Split King||76″ x 80″ x 12″||140 lbs.||$2,730|
*Prices do not reflect exclusive offers or discounts. Click below to see the best price for the Bear Pro mattress or check out our Bear mattress coupons.
The Experience of Unboxing the Mattress
Bear Pro comes to your home in a tall rectangular box. Considering its weight, we always recommend doing this unboxing with a partner. As usual with a foam bed, there will be off-gassing, so make sure you let your Bear Pro air out before putting on sheets.
Rolled into a box; free shipping
Lifetime Limited Warranty
Available through Affirm
The Bear Delivery Process
You get free shipping when you order Bear Pro if you live in the continental US. There is a $100 fee if you live in Alaska, Hawaii, or Canada. But, no matter where you live, you’ll get your package through FedEx and should be at your home in about 4-7 business days.
If you don’t want to put in the unboxing work, Bear offers white glove delivery service paired with removal of your old mattress for a fee of $150.
Mattress Sleep Trial Period
Bear offers a 120-night sleep trial starting from the day you get your bed. This is standard to typical sleep trials other mattress companies offer. Make sure you try out this bed for at least 30 days to break in before making a return.
Decoding the Mattress Warranty
Bear Pro mattress comes with a lifetime limited warranty period. You can read more about the warranty policy here.
Customer Service Information
To get in touch with Bear’s customer service team, you can live chat with a rep on the Bear website, dial 884-311-0035, or send an email to email@example.com.
Return Policy Break Down
If you’ve given it 100 days, and you and Bear Pro just aren’t getting along, call the customer service number listed above and the team at Bear will arrange to come retrieve your mattress, donate or recycle it, and completely refund your money.
- “I always wake up with lower back pain. Never hurts during the day but when I went to bed at 10pm it would wake me up by 530am never failed. First night with the bear pro slept to 830am and been great ever since! Do it! You spend half your life in bed it’s worth being comfortable!” -Andrew S.
- “Best sleep I’ve had in a long time. Easy install took me all of 5 minutes. 10/10 recommend.” -Patrick J.
- “I’m so glad I purchased the bear pro! I’ve had the bear pro almost two months now, and I’d purchase it again. I’m a combo sleeper. Mostly back and side sleeping. Rarely, I’ll sleep on my stomach. I have some lower back issues from old injury. I think this mattress has helped me sleep better. The delivery was quick. Set up was pretty easy as a single person. I had my bed frame ready to go before opening it. I did sleep on it the same day it was delivered.” -Erin P.
Should You Buy?
The Bear Pro mattress is built with super cool material made of recovery, cooling, and comfort. This is the perfect bed for someone who leads an active lifestyle, is recovering from surgery, or who just wants a foam mattress that’s cool for once.
Any reason you shouldn’t buy? Well as good as Bear Pro sounds, if you’re on a tight budget or you just want a bed with some springs, check out the Brooklyn Signature. It’s under $1000 for a queen mattress (with discounts applied), and has that nice springy feel.
Other Bear Reviews
Is the Bear Pro made in the USA?
Yes! All Bear products are made in the United States.
Do I need to flip the Bear Pro?
Nope! Bear Pro is a one-sided mattress with a specific layer construction. To prolong the life of your mattress, rotate it.
How is Bear Pro Hypoallergenic?
The copper in Bear Pro’s foam layers keeps away bacteria and harmful germs that trigger allergies.