Beautyrest Harmony Lux Carbon Mattress Review
Beautyrest Harmony Lux Carbon Mattress Review
✔️Last updated: May 2023
|✔️ Customer Rating: 4.9/5|
|✔️ Mattress Advisor Score: 9.2/10|
|✔️ Type: Hybrid|
|✔️ Firmness: Plush; Medium; Extra Firm|
|✔️ Free White Glove Delivery & Returns|
|✔️ 100-Night Sleep Trial|
|✔️ 10-Year Warranty|
Save up to $900 on Mattresses
Quick Summary: The Beautyrest Harmony Lux Carbon is a luxury hybrid mattress with a customizable feel. Choose a plush mattress, medium mattress, or an extra firm mattress depending on your needs. This bed is also very cooling and offers amazing edge support, great for couples and hot sleepers.s
Who Is the Harmony Lux Carbon Mattress Best for?
|Beautyrest Harmony Lux Carbon is best for:||Beautyrest Harmony Lux Carbon may not be best for:|
Simmons Beautyrest is one of the most recognizable mattress brands around; it’s often associated with traditional brands like Serta and Sealy. The Harmony Lux Carbon is one of four mattresses that Beautyrest personally delivers to your door via white glove delivery.
In this review, we’ll see if this high-quality mattress is up to par by exploring its scores in our lab tests, pros and cons, pricing, FAQs, and more.
Related: Simmons Beautyrest Mattress Reviews
Our favorite things:
- The Beautyrest Harmony Lux mattress comes in multiple comfort levels, so you get customized comfort. Choose between three firmness options: plush, medium, and extra firm. You can even add a plush pillow top for $400.
- The BeautyEdge foam encasement impressed us so much, we gave edge support a 10 out of 10.
- Not only is the mattress cover a cool-to-the-touch sleep surface, but it is made from plastic and water bottles pulled from the ocean. Eco-conscious shoppers may appreciate Beautyrest’s contribution to cleaner oceans.
Want to see which areas the Harmony Lux mattress excelled in? Which areas could improve? That’s what our scoring system is for. We take 14 different factors that are important to the buying process and your sleep experience and rate them out of ten. Let’s see how the Harmony Lux Carbon did.
Keep in mind that this mattress comes in three different firmness levels and we tested the medium. Certain factors may be better or worse for the other comfort options.
Read our review process for more.
|Mattress Advisor Test||Score (Out of 10)|
⭐Total Score for the Beautyrest Harmony Lux Carbon Mattress: 9.2/10⭐
Highlights: The Best/Worst Things
- Setup: Setting up the Harmony mattress is so easy, you don’t even have to lift a finger. Beautyrest offers free white glove delivery, meaning all you have to do is schedule a time for Beautyrest representatives to set up your bed for you.
- Responsiveness: This mattress received a nearly perfect score for responsiveness, meaning it is very easy to both change sleeping positions and get comfortable in your new position on the mattress.
- Cooling: The Beautyrest Carbon mattress is packed with cooling technology, starting with a cover that feels cool as you lie on it.
- Spinal Alignment: Spine alignment helps with back pain in the morning by keeping your spine straight during the night. We found that side sleepers got average alignment on the medium mattress and back and stomach sleepers got great alignment.
- Cost: This Beautyrest mattress is a luxury bed; therefore, it has a luxury price tag. However, with all of the features you get, paired with awesome durability, it’s a great value buy.
- Customer Service: One major thing that Beautyrest is missing from their website is the live chat feature where you can talk to Beautyrest’s customer service.
Having a mattress with great edge support means having a mattress you can sit on to get ready for the day and having one you can lie near the edge with no fear or rolling off. We tested edge support on the Beautyrest Harmony mattress both sitting and lying.
First, we sit on the edge of the mattress and put on a pair of shoes. During this test, we’re looking to see just how much support we’re getting from the edge. We gave it a 10/10: it felt just like sitting in a comfortable chair.
Then, we lay on the edge and gauge our level of support. We might as well have been lying in the middle of the mattress, because our support level stayed the same all across the bed’s surface.
Pressure point relief allows you to wake up without pain in your most sensitive areas that press into the mattress: your shoulders, hips, lower back, and chest. We use a pressure map to detect whether or not a mattress is relieving this pressure. The warmer colors indicate areas of high pressure, while the cooler colors show little to know pressure.
When we had our tester lie on their sides, we noticed some pressure in the hips and shoulders, meaning the medium mattress may not be the best choice for side sleepers with pain.
Then, we had them lie on their backs. The results were almost perfect, making this a great bed for back sleepers.
Finally, they flipped over to their stomachs where there was slight pressure in the chest, but nothing alarming.
Whether or not a bed has good motion isolation can be the difference between it being the best mattress for couples and sleeping solo. We test for motion transfer using both the human and wine tests.
In the human test, one of our testers wears a sleep mask as a blind fold and lies on one side of the bed. The other sleep tester moves around on the mattress and gets in and out of bed. Then, they switch. Together, they measure how much motion was isolated on a scale of one to 10. We gave it a 9.
Then, we moved to the wine test. A glass of wine lay in place of the blindfolded tester, and we looked to see how much of the liquid moved. As you can see, it jiggled a little, but the motion barely transferred over.
The Beautyrest Harmony Lux Carbon offers three comfort preferences: plush, or a 4/10 on the firmness scale; medium, or a 6/10; extra firm, or a 8/10. You can also add a pillow top to any of these firmness options for an additional fee to make your bed more plush and to provide more cushion.
What Sleeping Positions Does It Best Support?
Because this mattress is offered in three comfort levels, it works for all types of sleepers. The medium model in particular works better as a mattress for stomach sleepers and mattress for back sleepers better than it does a good bed for side sleepers due to performance in the alignment and pressure relief tests.
Because the responsiveness was so good, it also works great as a mattress for combo sleepers.
Can It Keep You Cool?
We think the Harmony Carbon is a great choice for people that tend to sleep hot. This mattress creates a cool sleep environment through conductive carbon fibers, open cell foam layers, gel foam layers,and a breathable innerspring system of pocket coils.
Will It Support Your Body Type?
The Harmony Lux Carbon is a very durable mattress and its Precision support system offers consistent support across the mattress, great for most body types. Lightweight sleepers can opt for the medium or plush options. Average weight sleepers should feel comfortable on any of the three; it just depends on personal preference. Heavyweight sleepers should feel supported on the firm option.
Which Bed Frames Work Best?
The Harmony Lux Carbon works well with most types of foundations and bases; just make sure you’re getting solid support. This can include box springs, adjustable bases, platform beds, and slatted platforms where the slats are no more than two inches apart.
The Inner Layers
Let’s peel back the layers of the Harmony Lux Carbon mattress, and see how its construction helps its performance. Be aware that your mattress height may vary depending if you opt for the pillow top mattress.
- Mattress Cover: Made with InfiniCool Lux and Seaqual fabric technology, the cover uses recycled plastic from the ocean to create this cool-to-the-touch cover.
- AirFeel Foam: Open cell foam that provides airflow through the mattress, allowing your body heat to escape.
- RightTemp Wave Foam: Foam infused with carbon fibers to provide cooling support.
- Beautyrest Gel Foam: Gel memory foam used to relieve pressure points and contour to your body.
- GelTouch Foam: Softer gel comfort foam that adds even more airflow to your mattress.
- T2 Pocketed Coil Technology: This unique coil design is dual-stranded to provide extra support and motion isolation.
Beautyrest Harmony Lux Carbon Mattress Sizes, Dimensions, and Pricing
|Twin||38” x 75” x 13”||50 lbs.||$1,199-$1,399|
|Twin XL||38” x 80” x 13”||54 lbs.||$1,249-1,449|
|Full||53” x 75” x 13”||68 lbs.||$1,319-$1,519|
|Queen||60” x 80” x 13”||84 lbs.||$1,399-$1,599|
|King||76” x 80” x 13”||115 lbs.||$1,899-$2,099|
|California King||72” x 84” x 13”||120 lbs.||$1,899-$2,099|
*Prices vary based on your firmness option and do not reflect exclusive offers or discounts. Click below to see the best price for the Beautyrest Harmony Lux Carbon mattress.
Is It Easy to Set Up?
It’s very simple to set up the Beautyrest Harmony Lux Carbon because you don’t have to do it yourself. You get free white glove delivery with the purchase of your bed, meaning a team of Beautyrest reps will come and bring your new mattress to the room of your choice and set it up with any foundation you have or have purchased. Good thing too, because the queen size mattress is pretty heavy.
|Delivery||Ship free; arrives in five to 14 days.|
|Trial Period||100 nights|
|Warranty||10-year limited warranty|
|Return Policy||Free returns during trial period|
|Financing||Available through Affirm|
All About Delivery
Beautyrest offers free white glove delivery with the purchase of the Lux Carbon, partnering with XPO Logistics. This means, XPO will schedule a delivery window that works for you. They will not only deliver you mattress, but set ip up for you, along with any bases or foundations you may have purchased. It will take about four to six weeks for you mattress to be delivered.
Learning the Sleep Trial
You will have 100 nights to try out the Lux Carbon mattress thanks to your sleep trial. This means that you can unbox and sleep on your mattress like normal for 100 nights before you make a full commitment. If you love it, the 10-year warranty kicks in, and you’ll have many great nights of sleep to come.
If you don’t love it, you can return the mattress for free and receive a full refund.
Your Beautyrest warranty is a limited warranty that lasts for 10 years and covers only manufacturing defects.
Read More: Beautyrest Mattress Warranty
Connect with Customer Service
To contact customer service
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Call (877) 399-9397 for warranty questions.
Their hours of operation are Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Learn the Return Policy
You can return your mattress for free any time during the 100-night trial period. To do this, contact customer service at email@example.com. They will arrange for a team to come retrieve your mattress and remove it from your house. After this process, you will receive a full refund.
Should You Buy the Beautyrest Harmony Lux Carbon Series?
Now that you know more about the mattress’s performance and what you get with purchase, let’s decide if the Harmony Lux Carbon is the right mattress for you.
We think you’ll love this bed if
- You sleep hot or suffer from night sweats.
- You sleep with someone else.
- You toss and turn at night.
- You want to control your comfort level.
It may be time to keep shopping if
- You are on a tight budget.
- You want a mattress with more of a memory foam feel.
If you fall into the “keep shopping” category, we suggest you check out the Studio mattress by Leesa. It’s a great budget memory foam mattress.
Compare Beautyrest Mattresses
- Beautyrest Black vs Harmony Lux Carbon: The Black mattress is another high-performing Beautyrest bed, specializing in keeping you cool. This bed offers better pressure relief while the Lux Carbon offers better responsiveness. Read our full Beautyrest Black mattress review.
- Beautyrest Hybrid vs Harmony Lux Carbon: The Hybrid mattress is an improvement on their classic hybrid mattresses. It performed about the same as the Carbon Lux, it’s just less cooling. Read our full Beautyrest Hybrid mattress review.
- Harmony Lux Diamond vs Harmony Lux Carbon: The Harmony Lux Diamond is even more cooling than the Lux Carbon. The Diamond has a few extra cooling and comfort layers, making it the even more luxurious version of the Carbon.
Still find Beautyrest beds too expensive? Check out our list of Simmons Beautyrest Alternatives.
Do you need a mattress protector?
You do not need a mattress protector, but we highly encourage you to use one. It will protect your mattress from spills and resultant staining, so your mattress can last its full lifespan.
How do I clean my mattress?
You can clean your Harmony Lux one of two ways. The first way is to put baking soda on the spill and let it set. Then, vacuum the area. The second way is to use a mattress protector as a preventative measure. Try and avoid putting moisture like soap or water on your mattress.
Does Beautyrest offer white glove delivery?
Yes! When you purchase your Harmony Lux, you will pick a delivery window for your mattress to be set up. They will also dispose of your old mattress. All you need to do is let them in.