Medium soft: 4/10
20-year limited warranty
Soft memory foam mattress with cooling properties
- The Azul mattress is a cooling memory foam mattress made by BedInABox.
- It is constructed with phase-changing technology designed to regulate your body temperature by pulling heat away from your body. The thermocules also add warmth back to your body if you tend to sleep a little cooler.
Mattress Advisor score for the Azul
Here’s how the Azul mattress scored on different tests and evaluations. Each score is a rating out of 10 points. The total score is a weighted average that incorporates all of the functional and performance characteristics of the mattress. We break down the scores so you can see how the Azul mattress performed on specific tests and evaluations.
8.5 / 10
Azul mattress review
Take a look at our Azul mattress review and see how it performed in our testing to help you determine if this could be the mattress for you.
What to watch out for
- Keep in mind that the 20-year warranty for the Azul will be void if you use it with a foundation that is not “qualified” as a suitable bed for a memory foam mattress. BedInABox recommends using one of their foundations, or you can consult with customer service to see if your existing foundation qualifies.
Azul sizes available
- Twin: $799
- Twin XL: $899
- Full: $999
- Queen: $1099
- King: $1299
- Split King: $1799
- Cal King: $1299
A look inside
- Comfort layer: 3” of gel-infused adaptive memory foam; reduces motion transfer, keeps you cool, responds to movement throughout the night
- Transition layer: 3” of high-density transition foam; provides support and pressure relief
- Support layer: 5” of high-density Sure Align support foam; evenly distributes body weight and keeps your spine aligned
- Soft knit cover: Polyester knit breathable cover with phase-changing material to help keep you cool
What Azul customers have to say
- “This is our second Bed in a Box, and we would not buy another brand of mattress. Our 1st one is several years old, is still in fabulous shape, and is now in a guest bedroom. I expect that I will be just as happy with this new mattress, and the process of purchasing from the website is SO easy. I highly recommend both the company and the product!” – Gloria
- “I was a little hesitant to buy a mattress online but I have had my new Azul mattress for 3 nights and I absolutely love it. It’s somehow soft and plush yet also firm and supportive because of the memory foam. I used to wake up aching but I have honestly woken up feeling great every morning so far. I have tried memory foam mattress toppers before and felt immobilized by them, like I sunk in too far. This mattress is not like that. I can move around comfortably but still get that “sink in” feeling. Would definitely recommend this mattress!” – Andrea
- “I have owned the Azul for 6 weeks and I am sleeping extremely well. It helps me fall into a deep sleep and feel rested when I wake up. This mattress provides the right amount of lower back support therefor I do not wake up to a sore back. The Azul does not have an odor like other memory foam mattresses and keeps a cool, even temperature. This is the second mattress I’ve purchased from BedInABox and have been very satisfied with them. It is a reliable company and provides a superb mattress!” – Dawn
Read more reviews here.
The finer print
The Azul ships free and should arrive at your doorstep within 2-5 business days.
The Azul mattress comes compressed and rolled up on a box. You will simply unroll the mattress on your foundation, remove the vacuum-sealed packaging and watch it spring to life. The mattress should take its full shape in about 5 minutes.
The Azul should be used on a flat, sturdy, non-spring foundation. If you don’t use an adequate foundation, your mattress warranty will be void. BedInABox recommends using one of their foundations or adjustable beds made specifically for memory foam mattresses. If you choose to use your existing box spring, it must be flat, sturdy, and not have spaces wider than 5 inches on the surface.
If you’re not happy with your Azul mattress, you can return it for a full refund within the 120-day trial period. BedInABox does not accept returns until you’ve tried the mattress for at least 60 nights. Your unwanted mattress will be donated to charity.
All BedInABox mattresses come with a 20-year limited warranty. You can read more about what is covered here.
You can spot clean your mattress cover with a mild household fabric or upholstery cleaner. Be sure to test a small area first to ensure that the cleaner doesn’t cause any discoloration or damage the fabric in any way. You should also avoid using any thick bristled brushes to scrub the cover as this can cause damage to the fabric as well.
- Made in the USA.
- The foams used to make BedInABox mattresses are CertiPUR-US Certified for emissions, content, performance, and durability, meaning they are good for you and the environment.
Other products sold by BedInABox
- BedInABox also sells an assortment of mattress toppers, bed frames, mattress protectors, mattress pads, sheets, and pillows.
If you have more questions about the Azul mattress, check out their FAQ page or leave us a comment below.
Customer Rating is derived from BedInABox Reviews on Google.com.
By clicking on the product links in this article, Mattress Advisor may receive a commission fee at no cost to you, the reader. Read full disclosure statement.