2.5-3 out of 10
Good for toddlers and kids
The BKB highlights
- The Big Kid Bed (BKB) mattress is the first boxed mattress solution designed exclusively for kids.
- This mattress will work on any base and even bunk beds!
The BKB will work on any firm, flat surface.
What to watch out for
The maximum recommended weight is around 100 lbs. This bed is not intended for teenagers and young adults.
The BKB sizes available
- Twin: $299
- Twin XL: $399
- Full: $499
A look inside
The BKB mattress is lightweight mattress made of two layers of non-toxic foam:
- 2” supportive (2.8 lb) Energex foam:
- 5” base foam: Assists with proper edge support.
What The BKB customers have to say
- “I purchased this mattress as a gift for my daughter’s 5th birthday. I’m sorry I waited so long to upgrade from her toddler bed. The mattress is comfortable and large enough for both of us to snuggle in during storytime. She sleeps soundly in it and is more likely to spend the entire night in her own bed. I like that it’s eco-conscious and doesn’t contain harmful chemicals. It’s not as firm as I expected — my only concern is that this will undermine its longevity, as there’s no way to flip the mattress due to the top gel layer. But overall, we are very pleased with the purchase.” – Elaine H
- “We have used this bed ever since we brought our son home from the hospital as a floor bed. It is firm enough to be safe for infant sleep and very comfortable for momma when I feed him at night. We can change his diaper and feed him without ever having to pick him up. And if I happen to fall asleep nursing him, there is plenty of space. When I crawl out of bed it does not disrupt his sleeping.” – Kathryn
- “My son has ADHD and has always had trouble falling asleep as well as staying asleep. He always complained about his mattresses (too soft, too hard, too lumpy, etc…) but he LOVES his BKB! The first night he slept on it he fell right to sleep and slept an hour longer than usual! When he woke up he said it was the most comfortable bed he had ever slept on. As a mom, that just thrilled me! He has had it about 6 months now and is still sleeping better and longer, he still loves his BKB!” – Cindy F
Read more reviews here.
The finer print
The BKB Mattress comes with free delivery and should arrive at your doorstep within 2-8 business days.
The BKB mattress comes compressed and rolled up in a box. You will simply unbox, unroll, and watch it spring to life.
The BKB Mattress will work on any firm, flat surface. This includes a box foundation, flat frames, slats, adjustable frames or even the floor.
If you’re not in love with your BKB mattress, you can return it for a full refund within your 100-night trial period. Nest Bedding will initiate a refund after you donate your mattress to a local charity. If there is no local charity in your area, Nest Bedding will arrange for a representative to come to your home to pick up your mattress and donate it. Nest Bedding asks you give the mattress a try for at least 30 nights.
The BKB Mattress comes with a limited lifetime warranty.
To clean the BKB Mattress, simply spot clean with a homemade cleaning solution, upholstery or enzyme cleaner. The BKB cover cannot be removed.
- Made in the USA
- All the foams in BKB mattresses are CertiPUR-US® certified, meaning they are good for your kids and the environment.
- The BKB includes no toxic materials or chemical fire barrier.
Other products sold by Nest Bedding
If you have more questions about the BKB mattress, check out their FAQ page or leave us a comment below.
Customer rating derived from Nest Bedding Customer Reviews.
By clicking on the product links in this article, Mattress Advisor may receive a commission fee at no cost to you, the reader. Read full disclosure statement.