Hybrid: latex + coils
Medium firm: 6/10
25-year limited warranty
100% natural hybrid mattress for precise comfort
Heavier individuals; hot sleepers
- The Cedar Mattress is made of 100% natural and organic materials including, natural latex, organic cotton, flax seeds, and organic coconut husk.
- The Cedar includes computer designed latex layers with sculpted edges for motion isolation and targeted pressure relief. The grooves are customized to provide comfort to your shoulders, back, and legs all night.
- To keep you cool while you sleep, the Cedar is made with ventilated Dunlop latex and New Zealand wool to wick away moisture.
- For an additional fee, Brentwood Home offers white glove delivery service for the Cedar Mattress.
The Cedar mattress works on all surfaces.
What to watch out for
After unboxing your Cedar Mattress may be ready for use, but in some cases, you may need to wait up to 48 hours for the mattress to fully expand.
Cedar sizes available
- Twin: $1,349
- Twin XL: $1,449
- Full: $1,649
- Queen: $1,949
- King: $2,395
- Cal King: $2,395
- Split King: $2,595
A look inside
The Cedar Mattress is a hybrid made of 100% natural materials. Inside, you will find an all-natural latex layer that is computer designed into layers for targeted pressure relief and individually wrapped coils.
- Organic Cotton Cover: This top layer is hand-tufted to secure layers without chemical adhesives.
- Organic Cotton Fiber Quilting: As opposed to competitors that use of foam, the Cedar uses cotton to keep their mattress green.
- New Zealand Wool: Wicks away moisture and regulates body temperature in any season.
- 2” All-Natural Latex Layer: This latex layer creates the “medium” firmness feel of the mattress. It is made with Dunlop latex, which allows for increased air circulation.
- 2” Grooved All-Natural Latex: The second all-natural latex layer is computer designed and cut into 3 targeted zones to create precise comfort for your lower back, legs and shoulders.
- All-Natural Flaxseed Fiber Pad: As opposed to synthetic padding for support, the Cedar uses natural flaxseed fibers to separate the latex and coils.
- 8” Individually Wrapped Coils: This layer of individually wrapped pocket coils provides support in the lumbar region, motion isolation, and edge support to prevent sagging.
- 1” Coconut Husk Support Layer: The Cedar mattress traded the traditional foam base for this eco-friendly and sustainable layer of organic coconut husk. Coconut husk is usually discarded as waste, but Brentwood Home has given it a whole new purpose. This material was specifically chosen for its circulation and antimicrobial properties.
What Cedar customers have to say
- “The materials and construction are great. I love the organic cotton cover and the latex gives great pressure relief and bounce (without a lot of motion transfer), and it sleeps very cool, especially compared to the memory foam I was using before. There was NO smell, even immediately after opening it.” – Sarah F.
- “Not only is it comfortable but the quality goods used in making the mattress makes me sleep better at night. Not having to offgas the mattress when it arrived seems like a no brainer when it comes to the place you sleep for 1/4 of your life.” – Lee S.
- “This mattress combines a perfect level of support and cushion for side-sleeping. I am able to sleep through the night with no discomfort. This is further facilitated by knowing I am also surrounded in all-natural materials, thoughtfully made in LA.” – Mace B.
Read more reviews here.
The finer print
The Cedar Mattress comes with free delivery and should arrive at your doorstep within 1-2 weeks after placing an order.
The Cedar mattress comes compressed and rolled up in a box. You will simply unbox, unroll, and watch it spring to life.
The Cedar Mattress will work on any firm, flat surface. This includes a box foundation, flat frames, slats, adjustable frames or even the floor.
If you’re not in love with your Cedar mattress, you can return it for a full refund within your 120-night trial period. Cedar will arrange for a representative to come to your home to pick up your mattress for a full refund. Cedar asks you give the mattress a try for at least 30 nights.
The Cedar Mattress comes with a 25-year limited warranty.
To clean the Cedar Mattress, simply spot clean with a homemade cleaning solution, upholstery or enzyme cleaner. Although the cover may be zipped off, do not put in the washing machine. It will shrink.
- Made in the USA
- The Cedar Mattress is constructed with eco-INSTITUT® certified natural latex, OEKO-TEX® certified wool, and GOTS® certified organic cotton.
Other products sold by Brentwood Home
- The Cedar Mattress: $1,949 for queen
- The Ojai Mattress: $1,195 for queen
- The Crystal Cove Mattress: $1,295 for queen
- Bedding Collection: Including pillows, quilts, sheets and candles
- Babies and Kids: Including cribs, changing pads, pillows and kid mattresses
- Pet beds: From $89
If you have more questions about the Cedar mattress, check out their Help Center or leave us a comment below.
Customer rating derived from reviews on Brentwoodhome.com.
By clicking on the product links in this article, Mattress Advisor may receive a commission fee at no cost to you, the reader. Read full disclosure statement.