Natural latex + coils
Medium firm: 6/10
25-year limited warranty
100% natural latex hybrid mattress for precise comfort
Heavier individuals; hot sleepers
- The Cedar Mattress is made of 100% natural and organic materials including, natural latex, organic cotton, flax seeds, and organic coconut husk.
- The Cedar includes computer designed latex layers with sculpted edges for motion isolation and targeted pressure relief. The grooves are customized to provide comfort to your shoulders, back, and legs all night.
- To keep you cool while you sleep, the Cedar is made with ventilated Dunlop latex and New Zealand wool to wick away moisture.
- For an additional fee, Brentwood Home offers white glove delivery service for the Cedar Mattress.
Want to see how Brentwood Home Cedar compares to other mattresses?
Mattress Advisor score for the Cedar
See our score breakdown below to learn how the Brentwood Home Cedar mattress scored on each of our tests and evaluations.
|Cedar Mattress Review|
|Motion Transfer Test||6.4|
|Edge Support Test||5|
|Pressure Relief Test||7.75|
|Spinal Alignment Test||8.25|
|Customer Service Score||9|
|Social Impact Score||4|
Cedar mattress review
Take a deeper look into our review of the Brentwood Home Cedar mattress, including our methodology, scoring and mattress performance to help you determine if this could be the mattress for you.
Set up test
The Cedar mattress comes compressed and rolled in a box. It took us just under 2 minutes to set up. It was a little on the heavy side, but it puffed to life instantly upon unboxing. For an additional fee, Brentwood Home offers white glove delivery.
So for ease of the set-up, we give the Brentwood Home Cedar a 7.5.
Motion Transfer Test
Part A - The Humans
While on the Cedar mattress, both Mark and Tavy felt some motion from one another’s movements. They gave it a collective score of 6.75.
Part B - The Wine
The Cedar mattress had a little trouble handling its wine – things were a little tipsy… We gave it a 6 for our wine test.
So for the total motion transfer test, we give the Cedar mattress a 6.4.
Edge Support Test
Part A - The Shoe Test
When on the edge of the Cedar mattress, Mark and Tavy felt it did not maintain its structure well noting it felt like it was “sagging.” They scored it a 5 out of 10 for the edge shoe test.
Part B - The Side Test
Mark and Tavy found it a little difficult to lay on the edge of the Cedar. Tavy told us she felt the edge dipping making her feel unstable. Mark told us, “I felt like I was going to fall off.”
So for the edge support side, the Cedar mattress scored a 5 out 10 again.
So for the total edge-support score, the Cedar mattress gets a 5.
Pressure Relief Test
We saw mainly blue and green on Mark with only a tad of yellow in his shoulders, indicating areas of low pressure! So we gave him an 8 out of 10 for pressure relief.
We saw a little yellow in Tavy’s shoulders, and some red in her hips, so we gave her a 7.5 for pressure relief.
We saw no red in Mark and only the slightest hint of yellow in his shoulder. So we give him an 8 for pressure relief.
So for the total pressure relief score, the Cedar mattress gets a 7.75.
Spine Alignment Test
The Cedar mattress did a decent job of keeping both Mark and Tavy’s spines in alignment. There was only a slight curve towards the base of the neck.
So for spine alignment, we give the Cedar an 8.25 out of 10.
According to Mark and Tavy, there seemed to be a slight delay in the Cedar’s response rate.
They scored the Cedar a 7.25 out of 10 for responsiveness.
The total Mattress Advisor score for the Cedar mattress:
The Cedar mattress works on all surfaces.
What to watch out for
After unboxing your Cedar Mattress may be ready for use, but in some cases, you may need to wait up to 48 hours for the mattress to fully expand.
Cedar sizes available
- Twin: $1,349
- Twin XL: $1,449
- Full: $1,649
- Queen: $1,949
- King: $2,395
- Cal King: $2,395
- Split King: $2,595
A look inside
The Cedar Mattress is a hybrid made of 100% natural materials. Inside, you will find an all-natural latex layer that is computer designed into layers for targeted pressure relief and individually wrapped coils.
- Organic Cotton Cover: This top layer is hand-tufted to secure layers without chemical adhesives.
- Organic Cotton Fiber Quilting: As opposed to competitors that use of foam, the Cedar uses cotton to keep their mattress green.
- New Zealand Wool: Wicks away moisture and regulates body temperature in any season.
- 2” All-Natural Latex Layer: This latex layer creates the “medium” firmness feel of the mattress. It is made with Dunlop latex, which allows for increased air circulation.
- 2” Grooved All-Natural Latex: The second all-natural latex layer is computer designed and cut into 3 targeted zones to create precise comfort for your lower back, legs and shoulders.
- All-Natural Flaxseed Fiber Pad: As opposed to synthetic padding for support, the Cedar uses natural flaxseed fibers to separate the latex and coils.
- 8” Individually Wrapped Coils: This layer of individually wrapped pocket coils provides support in the lumbar region, motion isolation, and edge support to prevent sagging.
- 1” Coconut Husk Support Layer: The Cedar mattress traded the traditional foam base for this eco-friendly and sustainable layer of organic coconut husk. Coconut husk is usually discarded as waste, but Brentwood Home has given it a whole new purpose. This material was specifically chosen for its circulation and antimicrobial properties.
What Cedar customers have to say
- “The materials and construction are great. I love the organic cotton cover and the latex gives great pressure relief and bounce (without a lot of motion transfer), and it sleeps very cool, especially compared to the memory foam I was using before. There was NO smell, even immediately after opening it.” – Sarah F.
- “Not only is it comfortable but the quality goods used in making the mattress makes me sleep better at night. Not having to offgas the mattress when it arrived seems like a no brainer when it comes to the place you sleep for 1/4 of your life.” – Lee S.
- “This mattress combines a perfect level of support and cushion for side-sleeping. I am able to sleep through the night with no discomfort. This is further facilitated by knowing I am also surrounded in all-natural materials, thoughtfully made in LA.” – Mace B.
Read more reviews here.
The finer print
The Cedar Mattress comes with free delivery and should arrive at your doorstep within 1-2 weeks after placing an order.
The Cedar mattress comes compressed and rolled up in a box. You will simply unbox, unroll, and watch it spring to life.
The Cedar Mattress will work on any firm, flat surface. This includes a box foundation, flat frames, slats, adjustable frames or even the floor.
If you’re not in love with your Cedar mattress, you can return it for a full refund within your 120-night trial period. Cedar will arrange for a representative to come to your home to pick up your mattress for a full refund. Cedar asks you give the mattress a try for at least 30 nights.
The Cedar Mattress comes with a 25-year limited warranty.
To clean the Cedar Mattress, simply spot clean with a homemade cleaning solution, upholstery or enzyme cleaner. Although the cover may be zipped off, do not put in the washing machine. It will shrink.
- Made in the USA
- The Cedar mattress is one of the best latex mattresses we’ve reviewed!
- The Cedar Mattress is constructed with eco-INSTITUT® certified natural latex, OEKO-TEX® certified wool, and GOTS® certified organic cotton.
Other products sold by Brentwood Home
- The Cedar Mattress: $1,949 for queen
- The Ojai Mattress: $1,195 for queen
- The Crystal Cove Mattress: $1,295 for queen
- Bedding Collection: Including pillows, quilts, sheets and candles
- Babies and Kids: Including cribs, changing pads, pillows and kid mattresses
- Pet beds: From $89
If you have more questions about the Cedar mattress, check out their Help Center or leave us a comment below.
Customer rating derived from reviews on Brentwoodhome.com.
By clicking on the product links in this article, Mattress Advisor may receive a commission fee at no cost to you, the reader. Read full disclosure statement.