Brooklyn Aurora Luxe Mattress Review
Brooklyn Aurora Luxe Mattress Review
✔️Last updated: November 2022
|✔️Customer Rating: 4.7/5|
|✔️Mattress Advisor Score: 8.8/10|
|✔️Firmness: Soft, Medium, Firm|
|✔️Free Shipping & Returns|
|✔️120-Night Sleep Trial|
Get 25% Off Sitewide
The Brooklyn Aurora Luxe hybrid mattress is perfect for every sleep position thanks to three firmness options. Foam layers ensure cushioning feel while a layer of innerspring coils adds stability and responsiveness. It’s one of the best mattresses for hot sleepers. Plus, you have 120 nights to try it out.
Who Is the Brooklyn Aurora Luxe Mattress Best for?
|Brooklyn Aurora Luxe is best for:||Brooklyn Aurora Luxe may not be best for:|
The Brooklyn Aurora Luxe mattress is a luxury hybrid mattress from Brooklyn Bedding. With a composite score of 8.9/10, it’s one of the highest performing mattresses that we’ve tested at the Mattress Advisor lab. If you’re looking for a top-of-the-line, durable mattress that won’t sag, you’re in the right place.
In this review, we’ll share the best and worst things about the Aurora Luxe mattress, how it performed in our 14-point evaluation, what you should know when you buy this bed, and more to help you answer one question: Is the Aurora Luxe mattress the bed you’ve been searching for?
What makes it unique:
- The Aurora Luxe is one of the highest-scoring hybrid mattresses that we’ve tested at the Mattress Advisor lab! This means it performed well when it comes to comfort, function, durability, social impact, and customer experience.
- The soft model is one of the best mattresses for side sleepers thanks to generous soft comfort layers and impressive spine alignment.
- The Aurora Luxe mattress comes in three firmness levels: soft, medium, and firm. These various firmnesses make the Aurora Luxe an excellent choice, no matter your sleeping position.
- This mattress is one of the coolest (temperature wise) mattresses we’ve ever had in the Mattress Lab. Even weeks after unboxing, it was still cool to the touch. In fact, it’s a close runner up for our top-rated best cooling mattresses for hot sleepers list.
Want to see how the Aurora Luxe mattress performed during our in-house testing? Check out our video below to help you determine if this is the mattress for you!
Check out the table below to see how the Aurora Luxe hybrid mattress performed in our 14-point evaluation. You can learn more about our review and scoring process here.
|Mattress Advisor Test||Score (Out of 10)|
⭐Total Score for the Brooklyn Aurora Luxe: 8.8/10⭐
- Cooling: The Aurora Luxe mattress is cool to the touch with cooling technology found throughout the mattress. It’s excellent for hot sleepers!
- Responsiveness: Do you toss and turn in your sleep? If so, you’ll appreciate how easy it is to move around on the Brooklyn Bedding Aurora Luxe. Our sleep testers enjoyed the ease of movement.
- Couples: Our testers were impressed with the motion isolation abilities of the Aurora Luxe, so you and your partner won’t wake one another when you move around. They also found the edges comfortable to lie on, so you can spread out when you need to.
- Spine alignment: One of the most important tests that we do for those with back pain is spine alignment. The Aurora Luxe mattress did a good job supporting healthy spine alignment for our sleep testers, telling us that this bed is excellent for those with back pain.
- Off-gassing: You’ll notice a slight odor when you first unbox the Aurora Luxe mattress. This scent, known as off-gassing, is temporary. We noticed it dissipate within a few hours.
- Non-conforming: Because this mattress has a layer of memory foam, some people may expect a hugging sensation. However, the Aurora Luxe is made primarily of polyfoam and innerspring coils, so the feel is more balanced between give and support.
Every layer of the Brooklyn Aurora Luxe mattress is designed for cooler sleep, but it’s the top foam layer that boasts the most revolutionary cooling technology.
The first layer of the Brooklyn Aurora Luxe mattress is comprised of Copper Gel Energex™ foam that’s infused with patent-pending TitanCool™ beads, a phase change molecule that regulates body temperature. It keeps your sleep surface at the optimal temperature for sleeping—88 degrees. These cooling gel beads liquefy at higher temperatures to provide cooling relief.
When we lay down on the Aurora Luxe, the surface was cool to the touch. Unlike other mattresses with thick foam layers, you can feel the Aurora Luxe’s ability to stop heat retention along the surface. The result? A cool, dry night’s sleep, even for the hottest sleepers.
Responsiveness is a measure of how easy it is to move around on a mattress and get comfortable in a new position. We had our sleep testers switch from one position to the next and rate how quickly they got comfortable on a scale from 1–10. They scored it a 9.25/10, meaning it’s very easy to move around!
We test every mattress using a pressure mapping film to see how well it distributes weight. High pressure areas as shown by reds and yellows. As you can see, both of our sleep testers experienced areas of high pressure at the hips and shoulders, the pressure points that tend to cause the most discomfort while sleeping.
However, it’s important to note that we tested the medium Aurora Luxe mattress. It’s the soft model that’s designed specifically for side sleepers. Softer foam means superior pressure relief at the hips and shoulders. As such, we recommend that side-only sleepers opt for the soft firmness level for optimal comfort.
The Brooklyn Aurora Luxe comes in 3 firmness levels:
- Soft: The soft mattress registers as a 3 on the 1–10 firmness scale, a score that means the bed is very soft.
- Medium: The medium firmness mattress falls at a 5 on the 1–10 firmness scale. This mattress balances plush contouring with support so you don’t feel like you’re sinking into the bed’s surface.
- Firm: The firm mattress registers at a 7 on the 1–10 firmness scale, meaning it’s a medium-firm bed. This mattress still offers some cushion, but you’ll definitely feel like you’re sleeping “on” rather than “in” the mattress surface.
Is It Good for Your Sleeping Position?
With 3 firmness levels, the Aurora Luxe mattress supports every sleeping position. Most side sleepers prefer the plush feel of the soft mattress while combination sleepers do well with the balanced feel of the medium bed. Back sleepers and stomach sleepers tend to prefer either the medium or the firm, depending on their firmness preference.
Is the Aurora Luxe Cooling?
The Brooklyn Aurora Luxe mattress is one of the coolest mattresses that we’ve tested. Not only does it contain proprietary cooling technology, but we could feel the difference between it and other mattresses. From the moment we touched the Aurora Luxe, we enjoyed the refreshingly cool mattress surface.
Will It Support Your Body Type?
The Brooklyn Aurora Luxe has different weight limits depending on the mattress firmness:
- Soft: Ideal weight is up to 175 lbs. per side of the bed.
- Medium: Ideal weight is up to 225 lbs. per side of the bed.
- Firm: Ideal weight is up to 250 lbs. per side of the bed.
When finding the right mattress for your body weight, it’s important to understand that mattresses feel softer to heavier people and firmer to lighter people. A foam that might feel supportive to a lighter person can cause excess sinkage for someone who’s heavier.
Though the Aurora Luxe is not made with heavy people in mind, it has all of the things plus-size people need in a mattress: It has thick foam layers, it’s cooling, and very durable.
Check out our top picks for the best mattresses for heavy people.
Do You Need a Bed Frame?
The Brooklyn Aurora Luxe works well on any sturdy foundation with minimal-to-no flex. This includes platform beds, slatted bases, adjustable bed frames, box springs, and bunkie boards.
Inner Layers and Feel
The Aurora Luxe mattress is a luxury hybrid mattress made from five layers of polyfoam, memory foam, and innerspring coils. Let’s take a look at what each layer is made from and how that influences the mattress’s feel.
- Quilted mattress cover: A plush, cooling cover with temperature-regulating phase change material.
- CopperFlex foam: A contouring top layer for optimal pressure relief infused with TitanCool™ cooling gel beads for a cool night’s sleep.
- TitanFlex foam: A second layer of responsive, cloudlike foam for easy movement and comfortable pressure points.
- Memory foam: High-density gel memory foam closely contours to the body’s curves for healthy body alignment and protection from the innerspring coil system below.
- Ascension X coils: A thick layer of individually encased coils ensures adequate support and targeted pressure relief.
- Base foam: High-density polyurethane foam absorbs motion from the springs while adding stability.
Brooklyn Aurora Luxe Mattress Sizes, Dimensions, and Pricing
|Twin||38” x 75” x 13”||$999|
|Twin XL||38” x 80” x 13”||$1,249|
|Full||53” x 75” x 13”||$1,599|
|Queen||60” x 80” x 13”||$1,749|
|King||76” x 80” x 13”||$2,199|
|Cal King||72” x 84” x 13”||$2,199|
*Prices listed are standard without sales or Mattress Advisor exclusive discounts. Check price using the button below for the best Brooklyn Bedding deals.
Setting Up the Mattress
Brooklyn Bedding is a bed-in-a-box mattress brand, so your new mattress will arrive compressed in a box. When we unboxed the Aurora Luxe mattress, we had an easy time getting it set up. With two of us, it took just under two minutes. Because the mattress is a bit heavy, you may want to get the help of a friend.
We did notice a slight off-gassing odor. Rest assured that this is normal and that the scent will slowly fade, typically disappearing within a few hours.
Ready to buy a Brooklyn Aurora Luxe mattress? Here’s what you can expect when you do.
|Delivery||Ships free and arrives at your door within 15-25 business days|
|Trial Period||120 nights|
|Return Policy||Free returns|
|Financing||Available through Affirm|
Delivering the Mattress
Since every Brooklyn Bedding mattress is made to order, your Aurora Luxe can take between 15-25 business days* to arrive at your door after you place your order. This includes up to two weeks of production time and 3-7 days of transit time. Shipping is free for the contiguous U.S., with additional fees for shipments to Hawaii, Alaska, and Canada. Your new bed will arrive compressed in a box on your doorstep.
*With COVID-19, there may be shipping delays. Contact Brooklyn Bedding customer service to get a better idea as to when to expect your mattress.
Brooklyn Bedding Trial Period
Brooklyn Bedding mattresses come with a 120-night sleep trial, slightly longer than the industry-standard 100-night trial. You must keep your new mattress for 30 nights before initiating a return. This is pretty standard because it takes up to 30 nights for your body to adjust to a new bed.
If you decide to return your mattress during the trial period, you’ll receive a full refund. Simply contact Brooklyn Bedding and they’ll have someone come to your doorstep to pick up the mattress.
Going Over Your Warranty
The Brooklyn Aurora Luxe comes with the industry-standard 10-year warranty. This covers defects in materials or workmanship, such as indentation of greater than 1”, splitting, or cracking. Contact Brooklyn Bedding’s customer service to submit a warranty claim.
Talking to Customer Service
Brooklyn Bedding is known for its commitment to customer satisfaction. We’ve only had good experiences when working with Brooklyn Bedding customer service. Here’s how you can contact them.
- Phone at 1-888-210-8751
- Live chat at brooklynbedding.com
- Email using their “contact us” form
Their hours are Monday to Friday, 7 am-7 pm and Saturday and Sunday 9 am-5 pm MST.
Check out what other customers have to say about the Brooklyn Aurora Luxe in these customer reviews.
Going Over Your Return Policy
Returning a Brooklyn Bedding mattress is simple. All you need to do is contact their customer service department during your 120-day sleep trial period. Just don’t forget that you must wait 30 days to have given your mattress a chance!
Once you contact Brooklyn Bedding, they’ll set up a time for a representative to come to your home and pick up the mattress. If you want to return it for a full refund, you’ll see a refund within a few days of the mattress pickup. If you’d like to exchange it for another Brooklyn Bedding mattress, you can do that too.
Should You Take Home the Brooklyn Aurora Luxe?
The Brooklyn Bedding Aurora Luxe is a luxury hybrid mattress. With a soft, medium, and firm model, there’s an Aurora mattress for every sleeping position. The soft is excellent for side sleepers, the medium for every sleeping position, and the firm for people who prefer a flat surface without too much hugging. It’s an exceptionally cool mattress, perfect for hot sleepers.
As one of the highest all-around performing mattresses that we’ve tested, there aren’t too many things to be concerned about regarding the Aurora Luxe mattress. One word of caution would be to people who like extra-firm mattresses. Even the firm Aurora Luxe is more of a medium-firm bed. Additionally, it does have a higher-than-average price tag, so if you’re looking for something cheaper, check out our top picks for the best budget mattresses.
Brooklyn Aurora Luxe Mattress Comparisons
Brooklyn Aurora Luxe vs Other Hybrids
What sets the Brooklyn Bedding apart from other hybrid mattresses is two-fold. First, it has thick comfort foam layers measuring 4.5”, plenty to cushion pressure points and dampen motion transfer. Second, the Aurora Luxe mattress is one of the coolest (temperature-wise) beds that we’ve tested. If you sleep hot, you’ll find relief with the Brooklyn Bedding Aurora Luxe.
Brooklyn Aurora Luxe vs Other Brooklyn Bedding Mattresses
- Aurora Luxe vs Signature Hybrid: Both beds are hybrid mattresses with a similar construction. The Aurora Luxe is a more luxurious version that offers superior motion isolation, cooling, and responsiveness. The Signature’s upper foam layer delivers greater pressure relief and the mattress is less expensive than the Aurora. Read our Brooklyn Signature Hybrid mattress review.
- Aurora Luxe vs Sedona Elite: Both are luxury hybrid mattresses, but the Sedona Elite is the most opulent. The Sedona Elite is 1” thicker and contains more memory foam for a distinct cradling memory foam feel. The Aurora Luxe comes in 3 firmness options (soft, medium, and firm), but the Sedona Elite only comes in medium firmness. Read our full Brooklyn Bedding Sedona Elite mattress review.
- Aurora Luxe vs Spartan: Two of the highest scoring hybrid mattresses we’ve tested at Mattress Advisor. The Spartan is designed for recovery and is better for the elderly and athletes due to superior pressure relief and spine alignment. The Aurora Luxe is cooler and better dampens motion, ideal for couples. Read our Brooklyn Spartan mattress review.
- Aurora Luxe vs Bloom Hybrid: Both are luxury hybrid mattresses, but their materials differ substantially. The Aurora Luxe utilizes memory foam and polyfoam for a distinct foam feel, while the Bloom Hybrid uses organic wool, cotton, and Talalay latex for a medium latex hybrid feel. The Bloom Hybrid is eco-friendly and offers superior pressure relief. The Aurora Luxe comes in more firmness options and better isolates movements, perfect for couples. Read our Bloom Hybrid mattress review.
- Aurora Luxe vs Titan Plus: The Titan Plus is a hybrid mattress designed for plus-size people. It’s able to support people who weigh up to 550 pounds, while the Aurora Luxe is better for those who weigh 250 pounds or less. The Titan Plus only comes in one firmness, which is firmer than any of the three Aurora Luxe firmness options. Read our Titan Plus mattress review.
- Aurora Luxe vs Plank Firm: The Plank Firm is a two-sided all-foam mattress designed for people who love extra-firm mattresses. The softer side is as firm as the firmest Aurora Luxe mattress, while the firmer side is one of the firmest beds we’ve tested. The Aurora Luxe’s hybrid design and multiple firmness options are better for the average sleeper, side sleepers, and anyone who prefers a cushiony surface. Read our Plank Firm mattress review.
Compare Test Scores for Brooklyn Bedding Mattresses
See the chart below to compare our testing scores for each mattress side-by-side. Here you can take a look at the factors that matter most to you to help you determine which mattress exhibits the best performance for your needs.
|Signature||Aurora Luxe||Spartan||Bloom Hybrid||Bowery Hybrid||Sedona Elite||EcoSleep Luxe|
|Total Mattress Advisor Score||8.9/10||8.9/10||8.9/10||9/10||8.8/10||9/10||8.6/10|
See our Review Process.
Brooklyn Bedding vs Other Mattress Brands
Brooklyn Bedding Aurora Luxe vs. Casper
|Criteria||Brooklyn Bedding Aurora Luxe||Casper|
|Mattress Advisor Score||8.8/10||8.7 /10|
|Firmness||Varied (3/10 to 7/10)||Medium-Firm (6/10)|
|Who’s It Best For?||
The Brooklyn Aurora Luxe is a cooling hybrid mattress that comes in three different firmness levels (soft, medium, and firm). The original Casper mattress is a memory foam bed that features special zoned support. That means it is firmer at the lower back and softer at the shoulders. Their different builds mean these beds are best-suited to very different sleepers.
For starters, the Aurora Luxe is the best mattress of the two for hot sleepers. Its cooling build won’t trap heat like the all-foam Casper’s might. The Aurora Luxe is also a great choice for all sleeping positions because it comes in a variety of firmness levels. On the other hand, if you prefer a less springy feel, the Casper is the right choice for you. The Casper mattress will feel most comfortable to back and side sleepers. It’s also a nice pick for budget shoppers.
Check out our full Brooklyn Bedding vs. Casper mattress comparison
to see how the original Brooklyn Bedding mattress stacks up against the Casper.
Brooklyn Bedding Aurora Luxe vs. Leesa
|Criteria||Brooklyn Bedding Aurora Luxe||Leesa|
|Mattress Advisor Score||8.8/10||9.1/10|
|Firmness||Varied (3/10 to 7/10)||Medium-Firm: (6/10)|
|Who’s It Best For?||
The Leesa is a medium-firm memory foam mattress that is great for side sleepers. This high-quality budget mattress is also a great pick for sleepers who want a durable bed that won’t break the bank. If you’re on the hunt for a pressure-relieving foam bed, the Leesa is the way to go.
On the other hand, the hybrid Aurora Luxe is a better choice for combination sleepers. Its springy hybrid build means it is easy to move around on at night. This bed is also a better option for couples and heavy people because its steel coil layer offers better support than the Leesa’s foam core. The Aurora Luxe bed is suitable for all sleeping positions because it comes in three different firmness levels.
Check out our full Leesa vs. Brooklyn Bedding mattress comparison
to see how the Leesa stacks up against the Brooklyn Signature Hybrid mattress.
Brooklyn Bedding Aurora Luxe FAQs
Should I flip or rotate the Aurora Luxe?
Brooklyn Bedding recommends that you rotate the mattress 180° every 6–8 months to increase longevity. The Aurora Luxe is one-sided, so you should never flip the bed.
Can I try the Aurora Luxe mattress in a physical store?
There are very few physical stores where you can try Brooklyn Bedding mattresses. Unless you live near one of the handful of states with a brick-and-mortar location, your best bet is to order the mattress online and test it out at home. Remember, you have a 120-night sleep trial!
Is the Brooklyn Aurora Luxe mattress eco-friendly?
The Brooklyn Aurora Luxe mattress uses CertiPUR-US certified foams, protecting your health and that of the environment. However, their materials are not recycled or organic.