Luxury Hybrid: patented foam and pocket coils
Available in soft (3/10), medium (5/10) or firm (7/10)
10-year limited warranty
Heavier individuals; hot sleepers
Brooklyn Aurora highlights
- The Aurora Mattress is Brooklyn Bedding’s luxury hybrid mattress. The founder, John Merwin, sleeps on this mattress himself. He says, “I design all the beds and I can honestly say that it’s the best bed I’ve ever built.”
- The Aurora is available in 3 firmness levels to provide a personalized level of comfort and support. Brooklyn Bedding recommends choosing soft if you are a side sleeper who likes being “hugged” by your mattress, medium if you change positions often, and firm if you are a stomach or back sleeper who doesn’t like to sink deeply into your mattress.
- If you want to see the Brooklyn Aurora mattress for yourself (and live in Arizona, Utah, Michigan or Minnesota) you can visit one of their showroom locations. Note: even though they have retail locations, Brooklyn Bedding still owns the manufacturing process from start to finish and sells their mattresses directly to customers.
- This mattress is one of the coolest (temperature wise) mattresses we have ever had in the Mattress Lab. Even weeks after unboxing, it was still cool to the touch.
Mattress Advisor score for the Brooklyn Aurora
Here’s how the Brooklyn Aurora mattress scored on different tests and evaluations. Our score is a weighted average out of 10 that incorporates functional and performance characteristics of the mattress, as well as a social responsibility score, which takes into account social mission, community involvement and charitable partnerships.
8.9 / 10
Brooklyn Aurora mattress review
See how the Brooklyn Aurora performed in our mattress tests to help you determine if this could be the mattress for you.
The Brooklyn Aurora mattress can be used on most foundations, including box springs, platform beds, or slatted bed frames.
What to watch out for
- You may notice a slight odor when unpacking this mattress for the first time. This smell will dissipate in a few hours when well-ventilated.
Brooklyn Aurora sizes available
- Twin: $999
- Twin XL: $1199
- Full: $1499
- Queen: $1699
- King: $1999
- Cal King: $1999
A look inside
The Brooklyn Aurora mattress is comprised of five layers:
- 1.5’’ Copper Gel Energex™ paired with TitanCool™: Brooklyn Bedding’s patented Energex™ marries the bounce of latex with the pressure relief of memory foam – all in an open cell construction foam that promotes superior breathability and contouring properties. Paired with TitanCool™, a water-based surface infusion that draws excess heat away from the body, this top layer creates optimal comfort for each individual sleeper. The added infusion of copper helps promote an antibacterial sleeping environment.
- 2’’ TitanFlex™ Hyperelastic Foam: For additional comfort, this patented foam features immediate response technology that adjusts to your body each time you move.
- 1’’ Swirl Visco-elastic Memory Foam: This transition memory foam layer contours to the shape of your body.
- 8’’ Quantum Edge Pocketed Coils: This layer consists of 1,283 individually wrapped pocket coils that aid in motion isolation.
- 1’’ Base Support Foam: This base layer of high-density foam increases durability and support.
What Brooklyn Aurora customers have to say
- “Simply stated: I love this mattress. I am one of those people who does a ton of research before making a purchase and I looked into everything from Purple, Casper, Tempurpedic, Leesa, etc., What struck me about BB was the foam/coil hybrid and the chance to not be sucked into the mattress but still keep with the benefits of foam. I had my Tempurpedic for 10 years and started sinking into it so I knew it was time to change. I almost went for another Tempurpedic but BB caught my eye with their innovative and detail oriented products. Since sleeping in this bed, I have not wanted to get out of bed in the morning! Motion transfer also does not seem to be an issue either. The plushness of the mattress is perfect and still gives enough support to make me feel comfortable. I feel like the bed is soft, but that I am still floating on top of it. The reviews and research are proving to be accurate as well. I cannot say enough good things about this bed. I am so glad I chose the BB Aurora over all of the other options out there!” -Jeanne
- “Was looking for hybrid soft mattress for mainly side sleeper with materials that allowed for cooler sleeping. Brooklyn Bedding Aurora soft hits every point and is extremely comfortable. Have been sleeping on it for a couple weeks and can honestly say this is one of the best beds I’ve ever slept on. Highly recommend.” -Tara
- “My wife and I purchased this mattress to replace an aging sleep number bed. I like a medium firmness while my wife prefers her be a little more firm. The medium option from Brooklyn Bedding is quite soft. Even after reading some other reviews stating this, I was expecting the mattress to be on the soft side, but it was still softer than I was expecting. Surprisingly, it still offers excellent support and I have quickly grown to love it. My wife would prefer something a little more firm, but she is very happy with it as well. Overall we are very satisfied” -James
Read more reviews here.
The finer print
Free shipping within the contiguous United States, with packages arriving within 4-8 business days. If you’d like to inquire about alternative shipping destinations, please call us or fill out the form on their contact page.
The Brooklyn Aurora mattress comes compressed, rolled and boxed. You will simply unbox the mattress, unroll it on your foundation, and wait for it to expand.
If you decide to return any Brooklyn Bedding mattress within the 120-day trial period, simply contact Brooklyn Bedding to schedule a return and you will receive a full refund.
The Brooklyn Aurora mattress comes with a 10-year limited warranty.
You can spot clean the cover with a mild detergent, gently dabbing the cover instead of rubbing it. Make sure it dries completely before putting sheets back on.
- Made in the USA.
- Brooklyn Bedding foams are CertiPUR-US certified, meaning they’re safe for you and the environment.
- Brooklyn Bedding actively engages in charity and donation programs. You can learn more about the organizations they support here.
Other products sold by Brooklyn Bedding
- Brooklyn Bedding also offers a hybrid mattress, called the Brooklyn Signature (their most popular mattress), and an all-foam mattress called the Brooklyn Bowery.
- You can also choose from a selection of accessories: pillows, sheets, mattress foundations, and a mattress protector.
If you have more questions about the Brooklyn Aurora mattress, check out their FAQ page or leave us a comment below.
Customer rating is derived from Google Reviews on Brooklyn Bedding.
By clicking on the product links in this article, Mattress Advisor may receive a commission fee at no cost to you, the reader. Read full disclosure statement.