Hybrid: memory foam and pocket coils
Available in soft, medium or firm
10-year limited warranty
Responsive hybrid mattress
Brooklyn Signature highlights
- The Brooklyn Signature mattress by Brooklyn Bedding (also known as the #BestMattressEver) is a hybrid mattress made with foam and pocket coils.
- Note: this model used to be a foam-only mattress. Brooklyn Bedding updated this model in January of 2018.
- The mattress is made with breathable and responsible materials to keep you cool and adjust to your body movements throughout the night.
- You can choose between soft (4/10), medium (6/10) or firm (8/10) depending on your firmness preference. Brooklyn Bedding provides a guide to help you choose your firmness if you’re not sure.
Mattress Advisor score for the Brooklyn Signature
Here’s how the Brooklyn Signature mattress scored on different tests and evaluations. Each score is a rating out of 10 points. The total score is a weighted average that incorporates all of the functional and performance characteristics of the mattress. We break down the scores so you can see how the Brooklyn Signature mattress performed on specific tests and evaluations.
9.1 / 10
Brooklyn Signature mattress review
Take a deeper look into our review of the Brooklyn Signature mattress, including our methodology, scoring and mattress performance to help you determine if this could be the mattress for you.
Set up test
The Brooklyn Signature mattress took us just under two minutes to unbox. It had little smell and puffed to life instantly. A queen size mattress weighs 100 lbs so you might want to recruit some help to get this thing set up.
So for our setup test, the Brooklyn Signature gets an 8 out of 10.
Motion Transfer Test
Motion transfer is just a fancy way of saying how much movement you feel if your partner is moving around. You want this to be pretty minimal.
Part A - The Humans
The Mattress Advisor motion transfer test is a two-part test. We start by asking both sleep subjects to lie on the bed, blindfolded, and rate on a scale from one to ten how much movement they felt when their partner was moving around with 10 being no movement at all.
Movement on the Brooklyn Signature was pretty noticeable according to our mattress testers. They gave it a collective score of 7.
Part B - The Wine
Next, comes our wine test. This is a great visual indicator of how much motion is being transferred from one side of the bed to another.
We had one of our sleep subjects lie down and roll back a forth a few times. We then took a look at how much the wine inside of the glass moved.
That wine was pretty tipsy while on the Brooklyn Signature, so we gave it a 7.5.
So for a total motion transfer score, the Brooklyn Signature gets a 7.25 out of 10.
Edge Support Test
When choosing a mattress, you may not think to consider how much support the edge provides. But if you find yourself sleeping on the edge of your bed or use the end to get ready in the morning, you should definitely consider the edge support.
The Mattress Advisor edge support test is a two-part test.
Part A - The Shoe Test
To start, we asked our sleep subjects to sit on the edge of the bed to tie their shoes. They rated this task on a scale from one to ten, with 10 being “extremely easy, with exceptional edge support.”
Support on the end of the Brooklyn Signature mattress was pretty good! Our testers said the edge “catches you” while you sit. It scored an 8.75 for the edge shoe test.
Part B - The Side Test
Next, we had our sleep subjects lie on the edge of the bed in each sleeping position, side, stomach and back, to see if they could sleep comfortably in that section of the bed.
They found it very comfortable (and safe) to lay on the edge of the Brooklyn Signature mattress. So for the edge support side, this mattress scored a 9.25.
So the Brooklyn Signature gets a total score of 9 out of 10 for edge support.
Pressure Relief Test
When shopping for a mattress, you’ll want to find something that puts minimal pressure on your hips, thighs and shoulders. Let’s take a look at how well the Brooklyn Signature mattress provides pressure relief.
We measure pressure relief by using a pressure mapping film that shows areas of high pressure. Here’s what you need to know: the cool spots are good and the warms spots are bad. The warmer the color, the more pressure is being placed on that area of the body.
We saw no trace of pressure on sleep subject one.
Once again, there were no warm spots to be seen!
So for a total pressure relief score, Brooklyn Signature gets a 9.5 out of 10.
Spine Alignment Test
Did you know your sleeping posture is just as important as your posture when you are awake? For every mattress we test, we take a look at how well it keeps your spine in a straight line.
We took a close up of both of our sleep subjects backs to see the alignment. You’ll want to see a straight line from the neck all the way to the tailbone.
Both spines looked pretty straight with the slightest of curves towards the base of the neck.
For spine alignment, the Brooklyn Signature gets an 8.5 out of 10.
When it comes to getting comfortable on your mattress, responsiveness becomes very important. Responsiveness is just a fancy way of saying how well the mattress adjusts or responds to your sleeping positions while you sleep.
We had our mattress testers lie in each sleeping position, side, stomach and back. As they changed positions and got settled in, we asked them to rate on a scale from one to ten how quickly and easily the mattress responded to their movement.
The Brooklyn Signature is a mattress that works to respond to its sleepers.
It scored an 8.25 out of 10 for responsiveness.
The total Mattress Advisor score for the Brooklyn Signature mattress:
What makes Brooklyn Signature different from other mattresses?
- If you want to see the Brooklyn Signature mattress for yourself (and live in Arizona, Utah, Michigan or Minnesota) you can visit one of their showroom locations. Note: even though they have retail locations, Brooklyn Bedding still owns the manufacturing process from start to finish and sells their mattresses directly to customers.
Want to see how Brooklyn Signature compares to other mattresses?
What to watch out for
- You may notice a slight odor when unpacking this mattress for the first time. This smell will dissipate in a few hours when well-ventilated.
Brooklyn Signature sizes available
- Twin: $599
- Twin XL: $699
- Full: $849
- Queen: $949
- King: $1249
- Cal King: $1249
A look inside
The Brooklyn Signature mattress is comprised of three layers:
- A 2-inchTitanFlex™ foam top layer with responsive technology that adjusts as you move throughout the night. This layer also includes a cooling gel.
- A 2-inch high-density foam middle layer that provides support and contouring.
- 6 inches of individually pocketed coils respond to your movements and provide a durable foundation for the mattress.
What Brooklyn Signature customers have to say
- “Okay so. Let me preface by saying that this is the 3rd “box/online” mattress I have gone through over the course of a year. What they say is true! It is the BEST mattress ever. I tried satvva and avocado and they’re lumpy and horrible for my back. I had a Serta I comfort memory foam before any of them and it too failed. In came Brooklyn Bedding and it changed my life. In the first night I had zero back pain and the pillows are nothing less than perfection. I was on a pillow hunt for years. But these are heaven. I love going to sleep and staying asleep. I can’t say enough positive things about this bed. The best part was I got a king mattress, sheet set and 2 pillows for well under any of those competitors mattresses alone! #bestmattressever! Thank you Brooklyn Bedding!!!”
- “This mattress actually is the best mattress I’ve ever slept on. Couldn’t be happier with my decision to go with Brooklyn Bedding!”
- “For years I’ve struggled with my sleep, having to take melatonin, tossing and turning all night, only to wake up sore and not feeling rested at all. We got the King sized firm. I am a stomach sleeper and heavier set. It took about a week to get fully adjusted to it, but it is the best night’s sleep I have ever gotten. I am actually waking up before the alarm clock and feeling well rested, not sore at all. I am the type of person who is always cold and my boyfriend is always hot. We both sleep comfortably. He doesn’t wake up sweating. And that’s even with a mattress protector. The sheets it came with are very nice and soft too. Love the pillows! Better than the ones I got from mypillow. For the price, you can’t go wrong with this mattress.”
Read more reviews here.
The finer print
Free shipping within the contiguous United States, with packages arriving within 4-8 business days. Fedex two-day shipping is available with some orders for a flat $75 fee.
The Brooklyn Signature mattress comes compressed, rolled and boxed. You will simply unbox the mattress, unroll it on your foundation, and wait for it to expand.
The Brooklyn Signature mattress can be used on most foundations, including box springs, platform beds, or slatted bed frames.
If you decide to return any Brooklyn Bedding mattress within the 120-day trial period, simply contact Brooklyn Bedding to schedule a return and you will receive a full refund.
The Brooklyn Signature mattress comes with a 10-year limited warranty.
You can spot clean the cover with a mild detergent, gently dabbing the cover instead of rubbing it. Make sure it dries completely before putting sheets back on.
- Made in the USA.
- Brooklyn Bedding foams are CertiPUR-US certified, meaning they’re safe for you and the environment.
- Brooklyn Bedding actively engages in charity and donation programs. You can learn more about the organizations they support here.
Other products sold by Brooklyn Bedding
- Brooklyn Bedding also offers a luxury hybrid mattress, called the Brooklyn Aurora, and an all-foam mattress called the Brooklyn Bowery.
- You can also choose from a selection of accessories: pillows, sheets, mattress foundations, and a mattress protector.
If you have more questions about the Brooklyn Signature mattress, check out their FAQ page or leave us a comment below.
Customer rating is derived from Google Reviews on Brooklyn Bedding.
By clicking on the product links in this article, Mattress Advisor may receive a commission fee at no cost to you, the reader. Read full disclosure statement.