Brooklyn Signature Hybrid Mattress Review
Brooklyn Signature Hybrid Mattress Review
✔️Last updated: August 2023
|✔️Customer Rating: 4.7/5|
|✔️Mattress Advisor Score: 8.8/10|
|✔️Firmness: Plush; Medium; Firm|
|✔️Free Shipping & Returns|
|✔️120-Night Sleep Trial|
|✔️10-Year Limited Warranty|
Get 25% off
The Bottom Line: The Brooklyn Signature Hybrid mattress is a universal option that can accommodate many kinds of sleepers thanks to its three different firmness options. A unique combination of coils and foam gives this bed superb support, and the durable base guarantees you a restful night of sleep for many years to come.
Is the Brooklyn Signature Hybrid Right for You?
|Brooklyn Signature Hybrid is best for:||Brooklyn Signature Hybrid may not be best for:|
This unique hybrid mattress by Brooklyn Bedding uses a blend of foam and coils to provide both comfort and support, helping you sleep comfortably and peacefully every night. Its customizable firmness is a big selling point—you can pick between three different levels (soft, medium, and firm) to get your desired preference, making the mattress a universal option that can accommodate all sleeping styles and positions. We also found it to have impressive cooling and pressure relief.
Given these benefits, the bed falls at a reasonable price point, earning a spot on our best mattresses under $1,000 list.
Keep reading to learn why we rated the Brooklyn Signature Hybrid as one of our top picks.
We break down the scores so you can see how the Brooklyn Signature Hybrid mattress performed on specific tests and evaluations.
Learn about our review process.
|Mattress Advisor Test||Score (Out of 10)|
⭐Total Score for the Brooklyn Signature Hybrid: 8.8/10⭐
Pros and Cons
- Pressure Relief: Side sleepers will appreciate how the foam layers cradle your pressure points and relieve any tension in those problem areas.
- Cooling: With gel-infused layers and a breathable cover, this hybrid mattress can keep you cool throughout the night by regulating your temperature and promoting airflow.
- Edge Support: The Brooklyn Signature Hybrid scored high for edge support, so if you’re someone who frequently finds themselves dressing or tying your shoes at the edge of your bed, you’ll be happy to know you won’t be sliding off this mattress.
- Spine Alignment: The pocketed coils provide the kind of lumbar support your spine needs and the foam layers contour to your curves, promoting a healthy posture all night long.
- Durability: Made from high-quality materials, the Brooklyn Signature Hybrid will be sure to last you for years thanks to the durable mattress base.
- Good Value: Brooklyn Bedding manufactures all of its products from start to finish there are no middleman costs and no increase in prices for their products.
- Motion Transfer: Couples will be sorry to hear that the Brooklyn Signature mattress didn’t score quite as high for motion transfer, meaning this bed doesn’t do the best job with motion isolation. You may feel your partner’s movements throughout the night.
- Off-Gassing: You will probably notice a mild scent while unboxing, but this is normal and will dissipate in a few hours.
Take a look at how the Brooklyn Signature Hybrid performed on some of our tests.
This gives you a great visual of how well the Brooklyn Signature Hybrid isolates motion. What’s that mean? It means if you have a sleeping partner, you won’t be disturbed by their movements on the other side of the bed. This is one area where the Brooklyn Signature Hybrid fell slightly short—when we tested it, we found that some pressure applied to the mattress created a ripple effect that moved to the other side of the mattress. This suggests that if you’re a lightweight sleeper and you sleep with a partner, you might be awakened by their nighttime restlessness.
The Signature Hybrid earned a 9/10 in our testing of edge support after we rolled to the edge of the bed and sat on its corner to observe how much it dipped down under our weight. The mattress did an excellent job supporting our body weight with little to no sagging, which suggests it’s a great option for those who sleep at the far edge of the bed or like to sit on one corner while putting on their shoes in the morning.
Pressure Mapper Testing
To test pressure relief in a mattress, we lay out a pressure mapper and have our test subjects lay on it. If we see a lot of red, that means their body is feeling a lot of pressure in those areas. Typically, we see that in the hips and shoulders regions when a mattress has bad pressure-relieving properties.
When a mattress has great pressure relieving properties, we see blues and greens. Take a look below to see for yourself how well the Brooklyn Signature performed in this test, earning a score of 9.5 out of 10. This suggests the mattress works well for side sleepers due to its ability to provide contouring at the hips and shoulders and disperse tension before it can build up.
Measuring Spine Alignment
A straight spine makes for a good night’s sleep. While you have control over your posture during the day, you don’t have as much say when it comes to your sleeping posture at night. That’s why it’s important to have a mattress that properly supports the natural curve of your spine.
You want to see a straight line from the base of the spine all the way up to the neck. That’s what you’ll see below when you look at our test subject lying on the Brooklyn Signature Hybrid. The mattress earned high marks (8.5/10) from us based on our observations of how it supported a neutral position for our spines, which is crucial for those who suffer from neck or back pain.
Here you’ll find the practical things you need to know about the Brooklyn Signature Hybrid like firmness levels and what sleeping position the Brooklyn best supports.
What’s the Firmness Level?
The Brooklyn Signature Hybrid comes in three different firmness options: soft (4/10 on firmness scale), medium (6/10), and firm (8/10). This selection offers a little something for every sleeper; if you enjoy the feeling of being hugged by your mattress, the soft option would be a good choice for you. If you like a nice balance between contouring and support, the medium firm option would suit you nicely, and if you prefer a smooth, flat surface for sleeping then the firm option would be your go-to.
Does It Support My Sleeping Position?
Thanks to the Brooklyn Signature’s customizable firmness, this top hybrid mattress can support a variety of sleeping positions.
- Side sleepers would enjoy the soft, more plush option that provides better pressure relief and gentler support. The mattress’s quilted top and hyper-elastic top foam layer provide sufficient contouring to cushion hips and joints.
- The medium option accommodates combination sleepers and some heavier side sleepers thanks to the nice blend of soft yet sturdy support. Its firmer surface provides sufficient comfort and structure but a bit less cushion.
- Stomach sleepers and back sleepers who require additional lumbar support would enjoy the firm option. It keeps your hips and lower back in line with your shoulders so you won’t sink in too far or feel your back wrench out of alignment.
Does the Brooklyn Signature Hybrid Sleep Cool?
Thanks in part to the breathable top layer and the airflow-friendly coil system, the Brooklyn Signature Hybrid is designed to keep you cool throughout the night. It’s one of the more affordable mattresses for hot sleepers.
How Much Weight Does It Support?
Like most Brooklyn Bedding mattresses, the Brooklyn Signature Hybrid is designed to support up to 950 lbs. For two people sharing a queen-size mattress or larger, the weight capacity comes to 475 lbs per side.
What Kind of Bed Frame Do You Need?
The Brooklyn Signature works on most foundations, box springs, slatted bed frames, and platform bases. Any type of support system will work with this hybrid mattress as long as it provides little to no flex.
What is the Brooklyn Signature Hybrid Made of?
Composed of five layers of foam and pocket coils, the Brooklyn Signature mattress was designed to provide maximum support and comfort. A breathable quilted top covers the mattress and promotes a cool night of rest.
- Premium Quilted Top (1″): Top layer designed to resist body impressions and provide optimal breathability.
- Premium Memory Foam (1.5″): A layer of hyper-elastic memory foam that adjusts to body movements using immediate response technology.
- VariFlex™ Transition Foam (1″): Provides deeper compression support in the soft and medium firmness options.
- Ascension® Individually Encased Coils (8″): Up to 961 pocketed coils create a more traditional bouncy feel and improve overall responsiveness.
- Flex Base (.25″): High-density foam adds durability and reinforces pocketed coils as they compress.
The Brooklyn Signature mattress comes in traditional mattress sizes, and one standard height of 11.5″ for its soft, medium, and firm options.
|Twin||38” x 74”||$699|
|Twin XL||38” x 80”||$799|
|Full||53” x 74”||$899|
|Queen||60” x 80”||$1,249|
|King||76” x 80”||$1,499|
|Cal King||72” x 84”||$1,499|
*Prices do not reflect exclusive offers or discounts. Click below to see the best price for the Brooklyn Signature Hybrid.
Unboxing the Brooklyn Signature Hybrid
This mattress comes compressed and rolled in a box. It only takes a few minutes to unbox your new mattress and it springs to life fairly quickly. There is a mild scent and little off-gassing when you first unbox, but this is normal and will dissipate after a few hours.
The Brooklyn Signature took us just under two minutes to set up. It had little smell and sprang to life very quickly. A queen-size mattress can be a bit heavy, so you may need some help setting it up.
Watch the video below to see the unboxing process for the Brooklyn Signature Hybrid.
Keep reading to learn all the necessary purchasing details for the Brooklyn Signature Hybrid—trial period, financing, returns, and more.
|Delivery||Compressed and rolled in-a-box; delivered in 4-8 business days|
|Trial Period||120 nights|
|Warranty||10-year limited warranty|
|Return Policy||Free returns|
|Financing||Available through Affirm and Katapult|
The Brooklyn Bedding Signature comes with free FedEx shipping and delivery to the contiguous United States. They also ship to Hawaii, Alaska, and Canada for an additional shipping fee. Once you place your order, it takes about 14 business days to produce your mattress and 3-7 days for it to be delivered to your home. You do not have to be home to sign for the mattress.
Your Brooklyn Signature mattress comes with a 120-night sleep trial. Once your mattress is delivered, your sleep trial begins. The sleep trial allows you to return your mattress within 120 days at no cost to you should you not be satisfied. Brooklyn Bedding does ask that you try the bed out for 30 days before initiating a return so you can have ample time to adjust to your new mattress. This is a pretty standard length for sleep trials in the mattress industry, although some brands offer up to a one-year trial period.
Brooklyn Bedding offers a 10-year limited warranty. This means that if a defect occurs during the warranty period, Brooklyn Bedding will replace or repair the defective mattress in a reasonable amount of time.
Defects covered by the warranty include any deterioration in the cell structure of the latex or poly foam, body indentations of greater than 1”, sagging, or any splitting or cracking in the material with normal usage. The Brooklyn Signature Hybrid is designed to be used on a solid foundation with no give so keep this in mind while assembling your mattress.
The Brooklyn Bedding mattress warranty does not cover:
- Indentations shallower than 1″
- Sagging or damages caused by using a foundation that doesn’t support the mattress
- Second-hand mattresses or mattresses not sold by Brooklyn Bedding or one of their authorized retailers
- Temporary off-gassing odors (Brooklyn Bedding uses CertiPUR-US certified foam layers)
- Perceived changes in comfort
- Damages caused by burns, stains, or tears
To submit a claim, you can contact Brooklyn Bedding’s customer service at 1-888-210-8751 or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
How to Reach Customer Service
You can contact Brooklyn Bedding’s customer service at 1-888-210-8751 or chat live with a company representative on their site. We scored Brooklyn Bedding’s customer service an impressive 9 out of 10, so needless to say you will be well taken care of should you have any issues or questions. Check out what actual customers had to say about Brooklyn Bedding’s superb customer service:
- “Customer service is exceptional and the bed is fabulous!” – Renee T.
- “Not only are the mattresses of great quality, the customer service is equally excellent.” – Joshua D.
- “Quick delivery and great customer service.” – Brooke H.
Brooklyn Bedding offers four solutions for returns: they can modify your existing mattress, they can ensure you have the proper bed frame and support, they can exchange your mattress with a different Brooklyn Bedding mattress, or they can refund your money in full. Modifying your mattress would look something like adding a topper if you find the bed too firm. If you choose to exchange your mattress, you can only do so once.
To get started on any of the options, you can contact customer service at email@example.com or call them at 888-210-8751. Brooklyn Bedding asks that you try the bed out for at least 30 days before returning the mattress.
Depending on the condition of the used mattress, they’ll ask you to recycle it or donate it to a local charity. Once you provide an emailed photo of your donation slip, they will issue a full refund. You do not need to rebox your mattress to take advantage of either of these options.
Note: If you purchased your Brooklyn Bedding mattress through Amazon, as opposed to being sold by Brooklyn Bedding, you’ll be subject to their return policy.
- Brooklyn Signature Hybrid vs GhostBed
- Brooklyn Signature Hybrid vs Leesa
- Brooklyn Signature Hybrid vs Nectar
- Brooklyn Signature Hybrid vs Purple
- Brooklyn Bedding vs Tempur-Pedic
Can I finance my Brooklyn Signature Hybrid?
You can finance the Brooklyn Signature mattress through Affirm or Katapult at checkout and receive an approval status within 30 seconds! You can choose to pay for your mattress in installments for 3, 6, or 12 months.
How long can my Brooklyn Signature Hybrid stay in the box?
Brooklyn Bedding recommends that you unbox your mattress within 3 weeks of delivery.
Does Brooklyn Bedding offer custom sizes?
Yes. You can contact customer support/sales at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 888-210-8751 for more information on ordering a custom size mattress. Prices vary based on dimensions and availability.
Is the Brooklyn Signature Hybrid eco-friendly?
All the foams in the Brooklyn Signature Hybrid are CertiPUR-US® certified.