Medium firm: 6/10
10-year limited warranty
Budget friendly Casper model
Casper Essential highlights
- The Casper Essential is a streamlined, budget-friendly mattress.
- It’s made of 3 different foam layers – the first two are borrowed from Casper’s signature model.
Casper Essential mattress review
See how the Casper Essential performed in our mattress tests to help you determine if this could be the mattress for you.
Mattress Advisor score for the Casper Essential
Here’s how the Casper Essential mattress scored on different tests and evaluations. Our score is a weighted average out of 10 that incorporates functional and performance characteristics of the mattress, as well as a social responsibility score, which takes into account social mission, community involvement and charitable partnerships.
|Casper Essential Mattress Review|
|Motion Transfer Test||7.9|
|Edge Support Test||9.25|
|Pressure Relief Test||7.75|
|Spinal Alignment Test||8|
|Customer Service Score||9|
|Social Impact Score||9|
What makes Casper Essential different from other mattresses?
- Since this is a streamlined model, the price point for the Casper Essential is lower than many other foam mattresses.
- The Casper Essential also arrives in a box that is 30% smaller than other Casper mattresses, making it easier to handle on your own.
What to watch out for
- Be aware that your Casper Essential may have a mild scent when you unbox it – this is normal and should go away within a few hours.
Casper Essential sizes available
- Twin: $350
- Twin XL: $400
- Full: $500
- Queen: $600
- King: $725
- Cal King: $725
A look inside
The Essential’s top two layers borrow elements from Casper’s signature mattress to blend support, breathability, and responsiveness. The bottom layer provides structure and support.
What Casper Essential customers have to say
- “I look forward to getting in bed each night. This was a huge upgrade for me. I’ve been sleeping on an ancient Sealy Posture Pedic twin for years. I moved into a great new place and I’m glad I chose the Essential Casper Mattress for my new space. It cradles me just enough and supports me in all the right areas. It’s also firm enough to not feel like a marshmallow. Unlike my old mattress, it won’t develop a divot where I sleep.” – Meghan
- “I was a little nervous about this purchase because I had never had a memory foam mattress before, but it is very comfortable, lightweight (easy to move around my new apartment while rearranging), and surprisingly plush feeling despite its thin appearance. It seems to have captured the best of all worlds: affordable, lightweight, delivered right to your door, and super comfy.” – Alley
- “Unboxing was super easy. Impressed at how well it was packed and how quickly it arrived. Bed was for my 4 yr old and she is sleeping great. I’m jealous of her bed, in fact! It’s super soft and comfy.” – Nikki
Read more reviews here.
The finer print
The mattress ships free and should arrive at your doorstep within 2-7 business days of ordering. White Glove Delivery is available nationwide for $100*.
The Casper Essential can be used with a slatted foundation (with slats less than 4” apart), a platform bed, or an adjustable base
If you decide the Casper Essential is not for you within the 100-day trial period, Casper will remove the mattress from your home and donate it to a local charity at no cost.
The Casper Essential comes with a 10-year limited warranty offer. You can read more about what’s covered under the warranty policy here.
- Made in the USA.
- All the foams in Casper Essential are CertiPUR-US® certified.
Other products sold by Casper
- Pillow: $55 for standard
- Sheets: $120 for queen
- Save up to $120 when you buy the Casper mattress, sheets and pillows together
- Down duvet: $290 for queen
- Adjustable base: $1,000 for queen
- Metal bed frame: $125 for queen
- Mattress protector: $85 for queen
- Foundation: $250 for queen
- Dog bed: $150 for medium
- Other mattresses:
If you have more questions about the Casper Essential mattress, check out their FAQ page or leave us a comment below.
Customer rating is derived from Casper Essential reviews on Casper.com.
By clicking on the product links in this article, Mattress Advisor may receive a commission fee at no cost to you, the reader. Read full disclosure statement.