Casper Nova Hybrid Mattress Review
Casper Nova Hybrid Mattress Review
✔️Last updated: November 2023
|✔️ Customer Rating: 5/5|
|✔️ Mattress Advisor Score: 8.6/10|
|✔️ Type: Hybrid|
|✔️ Firmness: Soft|
|✔️ Free Shipping & Returns|
|✔️ 100-Night Trial|
|✔️ 10-Year Warranty|
Get 25% off
Editor’s Note: Shortages in the supply chain have created production limitations for the foreseeable future in this product. Thank you for understanding.
Summary Review: The Casper Nova Hybrid is the most plush mattress Casper offers, great for sleepers who like to sink into their mattress. Thanks to customer feedback, Casper has made Nova Hybrid an ultra cooling sleep experience. Combination sleepers will enjoy the awesome responsiveness.
Who Is the Casper Nova Hybrid Mattress Best for?
|Casper Nova Hybrid is best for:||Casper Nova Hybrid may not be best for:|
The Casper Nova Hybrid has a reputation for being a plush hybrid mattress and a great mattress for people with back pain and side sleepers—we’ll be the judge of that. In this review, we’ll go over the high and lowlights of the Nova Hybrid, including pros and cons, products specs, sizes, prices, and more!
What Sets it Apart:
- Its cooling and breathable layers keep night sweats away while the Airscape™ layer increases airflow.
- A 7-zone targeted support keeps your spine aligned and gives you more ergonomic support.
- The cooling mattress cover is made from recycled materials, making the environment happy.
We got the Casper Nova Hybrid in our lab and these scores reflect how it performed. To learn more about the scoring and testing methodology read about our testing process.
|Mattress Advisor Test||Score (Out of 10)|
⭐Total Score for the Casper Nova Hybrid Mattress: 8.6/10⭐
Casper Nova Hybrid Highlights
- Cooling: Made with breathable foam and a system of innerspring coils, the Casper Nova Hybrid keeps you cool by allowing body heat to flow out of the mattress.
- Set-Up: This mattress was pretty easy to set up and let off minimal off-gassing.
- Durability: The materials in the Nova Hybrid are likely to last for a long time, allowing you to keep this mattress for awhile.
- Off-Gassing: There may be a slight off-gassing smell when you unbox the Nova Hybrid. This is a bed-in-a-box norm and should go away after a few hours of airing out.
- Edge Support: Though this bed supports your full body just fine, the plush layers don’t really lend themselves to great edge support. Steer clear if you’re an edge sleeper.
- Pressure Relief: While the Casper Nova Hybrid provided excellent pressure relief for those that sleep on their back, it had a lot of pressure buildup when our testers went on their sides.
Are you the type of person who goes to sleep in one position and wakes up in another? If so, you are classified as a combination sleeper, so you need a bed with good responsiveness and the Nova Hybrid delivers.
During our test, we lay on the bed and then shifted into different positions to see how quickly the mattress responded. The Nova Hybrid allowed us to get comfortable fairly quickly.
The pressure relief test was interesting. We use a pressure map to get an accurate read on how the Casper Nova Hybrid eases pressure in sensitive areas such as shoulders, hips, and the lower back.
When we lay on our back, Nova Hybrid did a pretty good job at easing pressure in the lower back. But it was a different story on our sides and upper back. We saw a bit of red in the shoulder and hips, meaning you may wake a bit achy in these areas.
What the Nova Hybrid lacks in pressure relief, it makes up for with nearly a perfect score in spinal alignment. As you can see in the photo below, the zoned support really kicks in when we lay on our sides. The spine is almost completely straight, meaning you won’t wake up with back pain from your mattress.
The Nova Hybrid is about a 4 out of 10 on the firmness scale, making it a plush mattress, the firmness side sleepers love. This firmness isn’t too plus for back or combination sleepers however.
What Sleeping Position Fits the Nova Hybrid?
Casper Nova Hybrid works for most types of sleepers:
- Side sleepers will enjoy how the plush foam and zoned support keeps their spines straight, but those who are sensitive to pressure on their hips and shoulders should look for a different mattress for side sleepers.
- The pocketed coil layer adds responsiveness that makes this a good bed for combination sleepers.
- This is a great mattress for back sleepers who will get the most out of the pressure relieving foam.
- Stomach sleepers need a medium to firm mattress, so this may not be the bed for them. Check our stomach sleeper mattress recommendations for better options.
Does the Casper Nova Hybrid Mattress Sleep Hot?
Because the Nova Hybrid is made with open-cell, breathable foam and pocketed coils, it sleeps cool. This amount of airflow that gets through the mattress allows body heat to escape rather than get trapped. It even scored a 9 out of 10 in our cooling evaluation.
Can It Support Your Body Type?
The Casper Nova Hybrid mattress does not have a specific weight limit, but looking at plush firmness and durable materials, we think it will support the average sleeper.
What Foundations Work Best?
The Casper Nova Hybrid mattress works best with a flat and firm foundation, including a slatted platform (no more than 4” apart) and a platform bed frame.
The Casper Nova Hybrid mattress is made up of three foam layers and supportive coils:
- AirScape™ Foam: A layer of Casper’s Airscape foam that provides substantial airflow so you can stay cool.
- Supportive Foam: A second AirScape™ layer with three ergonomic zones that add spinal alignment and pressure point relief.
- Zoned Support™ Pro: Seven support zones provide extra pressure relief on the most sensitive areas such as the hips, shoulders, waist, and back.
- Springs: A spring system gives the bed more support and helps add breathability to the entire mattress.
Casper Nova Hybrid Mattress Sizes, Dimensions, and Pricing
|Twin||38″ x 75″ x 12”||$1,395|
|Twin XL||38″ x 80″ x 12”||$1,795|
|Full||53″ x 75″ x 12”||$2,145|
|Queen||60″ x 80″ x 12”||$2,295|
|King||76″ x 80″ x 12”||$2,895|
|Cal King||72″ x 84″ x 12”||$2,895|
*Prices do not reflect exclusive offers or discounts. Click below to see the best price for the Casper Nova Hybrid mattress.
Read More: Casper Mattress Coupons
The Unboxing Experience
Like all Casper mattresses the Nova Hybrid comes compressed in a box that you have to open and allow to expand in the bedroom of your choice. It took us exactly 1 minutes and 28 seconds to unbox the Nova Hybrid—that’s a very quick time. And what’s even better is that there was minimal off-gassing, so you won’t have to wait a super long time to put your sheets on.
Watch the video below to see how we set up the Nova Hybrid.
|Delivery||Compressed and rolled in-a-box; delivered in 2-7 business days|
|Trial Period||100 nights|
|Return Policy||Free returns|
|Financing||Available through Affirm|
Casper Shipping and Delivery
Casper ships in 1-2 business days through UPS. It will take an additional 2-7 business days to arrive at your door.
Casper does offer white glove delivery for a small fee of $149. You will set up a 4-hour delivery window for your white glove setup and mattress removal. Those selecting this type of delivery may also have an additional 2-4 week wait time.
Does It Come with a Sleep Trial?
Casper comes with a 100-night sleep trial period, which is the online mattress industry standard. During this time, you can make a free return for a full refund after the 30-day break-in period.
Decoding the Warranty
Casper offers a 10-year limited warranty that covers 1″ (or deeper) impressions and manufacturing defects such as broken zippers or cracked foam.
To submit a claim, contact customer service, return your mattress to Casper, and provide proof of purchase.
Casper’s Customer Service
To talk with Casper’s customer service call +1 888-498-0003, chat with a representative on their website, or email email@example.com.
Breaking Down the Return Policy
During the 100-night trial you can return the Nova Hybrid for free as long as you have had it for at least 30 days. Casper will arrange to either have our bed donated to a local charity or recycled. You will receive your refund the week of pickup.
Is the Casper Nova Hybrid for You?
Okay, it’s time to determine if the Casper Nova Hybrid is the bed you should take home. If you fit one or more of the following criteria, the answer is yes:
- You toss and turn at night
- You like the feeling of a bed with springs
- You wake up with back pain
- You sleep hot
However, the Casper Nova Hybrid probably isn’t the mattress for you if you sit on the edge of the bed to get ready frequently or you want something firmer. If you fall into either of these categories, we recommend the Layla mattress. This bed has both a firm and a soft side and scored a 9 out of 10 in out edge support test.
Compare the Nova Hybrid to Casper
You’re probably wondering how it stacks up to Casper’s other mattresses. The Nova Hybrid is the most plush out of the eight beds, meaning the spine alignment is best for side sleepers. If you are a stomach sleeper or a back sleeper, the Wave Hybrid may be the Casper mattress you want to check out.
For more information, check out this page where we compare all of the Casper mattress models.
Is the Nova Hybrid eco-friendly?
The mattress cover is made of recycled bottles and all foams included are CertiPUR-US certified, meaning they have endured some rigorous testing for emissions, off-gassing, and harmful chemicals.
Where else can I buy a Casper mattress?
Casper also sells their beds through Amazon, Target, and in-person retail stores scattered across the U.S.
Can I exchange my mattress?
Casper offers free exchanges for the Nova Hybrid during the 100-night trial period.