Medium firm: 6/10
10-year limited warranty
Universal firmness mattress for the average sleeper
- Casper is one of the early market leaders in the foam mattress space and offers a good universal mattress for the average sleeper.
- The Casper team is continually refining its design based on customer feedback and sleep tests; so buying a Casper today doesn’t necessarily mean it’s the same one from a couple years ago.
- Casper has crafted a memory foam mattress that is breathable and promotes airflow, so you won’t get that hot, sinking feeling that you would with traditional memory foams.
What makes it different from other mattresses
- Casper’s R&D team is serious about product innovation – their current mattress on the market isn’t their first “version” and most likely won’t be their last either.
- With Casper, you can also purchase an entire sleep system, including foundations, bedding accessories, and even a bed for your furry friend.
What to watch out for
- Be aware that your Casper mattress may have a mild scent when you unbox it – this is normal and should go away within a few hours.
- A common complaint from customers who are unsatisfied with their Casper mattress is that it is firmer than they expected.
Casper sizes available
- Queen: $995
- King: $1,195
- Cal King: $1,195
- Twin: $595
- Twin XL: $645
- Full: $895
A look inside
Casper is made up of four foam blend layers to offer breathability, pressure relief, and a springy yet contouring surface.
What Casper customers have to say
- “My wife and I both love the bed. I usually prefer a much firmer mattress and my wife prefers a soft mattress, yet we’re both satisfied. The bed was easy to unpack and within minutes was ready for sleeping. Definitely the best value in mattresses!” – Sam K.
- “We love our new Casper mattress. We had a top of the line memory foam mattress that my wife loved because of its cocooning effect and I hated it because it made me too warm and I sunk into it too far so I couldn’t roll over. We are both happy with the firmer Casper mattress. It is a great compromise for us.” – Mike W.
- “I’ve owned quite a few different mattresses but the Casper has easily become my favorite. It’s a perfect nights sleep, a great balance of firm and soft. And while the mattress is all I could hope for, the customer service team really took it to over the top. Communication throughout the delivery was prompt, thoughtful and helpful. When my mattress was delayed I was overnighted an air mattress to hold me over.” – Nikki G.
Read more reviews here.
The finer print
- Delivery: The Casper ships free and should arrive at your doorstep within 2-7 business days of ordering. Same-day white glove delivery service is also available in select cities.
- Setup: The Casper mattress comes compressed, rolled and boxed. You will simply unbox the mattress, unroll it on your foundation, and wait for it to expand.
- Foundation: The Casper mattress can work with all standard foundations. As with all foam beds, you want as much direct support under the mattress as possible. A wooden slatted or platform bed offers the most support.
- Return policy: If you decide the Casper is not for you within the 100-day trial period, Casper will remove the mattress from your home and donate it to a local charity at no cost.
- Warranty: The Casper mattress comes with a 10-year limited warranty offer. You can read more about what’s covered under the warranty policy here.
- Cleaning: If you have to wash your cover, machine washing it is not recommended as the cover may shrink. Instead, unzip and remove the cover and gently dab and spot clean with a mild detergent. Mattress protectors can add even more protection, but keep in mind that the covers may reduce breathability.
- Made in the USA.
- All the foams in Casper mattresses are CertiPUR-US® certified.
- You can actually see and feel the Casper mattress for yourself in select Target If you like what you see, you can make your purchase right there.
Other products sold by Casper
- Pillow: $55 for standard
- Sheets: $120 for queen
- Save up to $120 when you buy the Casper mattress, sheets and pillows together
- Down duvet: $290 for queen
- Adjustable base: $1,000 for queen
- Metal bed frame: $125 for queen
- Mattress protector: $85 for queen
- Foundation: $250 for queen
- Dog bed: $150 for medium
- If you’re interested in an upgrade, Casper also offers a more high-end model called the Casper Wave ($1,850 for a queen). Or, if you’re looking for a more budget-friendly option, you can check out the Casper Essential ($600 for a queen).
If you have more questions about the Casper mattress, check out their FAQ page or leave us a comment below.
Customer rating is derived from Casper.com.
By clicking on the product links in this article, Mattress Advisor may receive a commission fee at no cost to you, the reader. Read full disclosure statement.