Memory foam mattress available in soft or firm; classic or chill
Soft: 6/10; Firm: 8/10
10-year limited warranty
Versatile memory foam mattress by Sealy
- While the Cocoon isn’t custom built for your needs, it still offers lots of options. You can choose between Firm and Soft (which differs in the central foam layer) or between Classic and Chill (which differs in the mattress cover).
- Like other memory foam mattresses, the Cocoon performs well when it comes to isolating motion (the soft model even more so).
- If you tend to sleep hot, or are worried about the heat trapping that tends to come along with a memory foam mattress, you may want to shell out the extra $150 for the “Chill” mattress cover.
Mattress Advisor score for the Cocoon
Here’s how the Cocoon mattress by Sealy scored on different tests and evaluations. Our score is a weighted average out of 10 that incorporates functional and performance characteristics of the mattress, as well as a social responsibility score, which takes into account social mission, community involvement and charitable partnerships.
8.7 / 10
Cocoon mattress review
See how the Cocoon performed in our mattress tests to help you determine if this could be the mattress for you. Note: we tested the Classic, Firm version of the mattress.
What to watch out for
- There will be a slight off-gassing odor when opening your new Cocoon mattress. The smell is normal and should dissipate completely within a week.
Cocoon sizes available
(Prices listed are for the “Classic” model)
- Twin: $399
- Twin XL: $449
- Full: $649
- Queen: $799
- King: $999
- Cal King: $999
A look inside
The Cocoon is made up of three premium foam layers, one of which you can pick a soft or firmer option for.
- Top – perfect fit memory foam adapts to your body and sleep position
- Middle – personalized comfort layer
- Choose soft for cozier, “in the bed” feel
- Choose firm for sturdier, “on the bed” feel
- Bottom – support foam designed to be durable and resilient
- Cover – premium stretch-knit fabric cover that’s breathable and soft
- If you go with the Chill version (an extra $150), the cover is infused with material that absorbs and dissipates heat for a cool to the touch surface. Be aware that this layer won’t be directly near your body if you decide to use a mattress protector, topper or thick sheets.
What Cocoon customers have to say
- “I love my new mattress. I can sleep much better at night and wake-up refreshed and most important of all- pain free. I used to have lower back pain and because of it I could not sleep on my back so I slept on either of my sides but by morning both of my sides would hurt so much that I could not lay on them anymore. Now I enjoy sleeping and waking up pain free. Thanks to Cocoon!” – Tanya (Firm)
- “I had a Tempurpedic mattress which I loved. When it came time to get a new mattress, I decided to try the Cocoon with its much lower price. I was doubtful that, at that price, it would be able to compete. I’m happy to say I was wrong and I absolutely love this mattress. It’s extremely comfortable and I’d recommend it to anyone (and have!). The Chill seems to work very well, also. Even with more layers on than I used to have on my Tempurpedic, I don’t ever get overheated.” – Tiffany
- “This mattress has been terrific! We replaced our 10-year-old Tempurpedic King memory foam mattress with two Twin XLs and a new adjustable frame and have loved it so far after about a month. We tried a couple of other mail order mattresses but they were too soft for our liking. The Chill Firm has been perfect. It feels just like our old, $3,400 mattress when it was new. Also, the edges on the Cocoon aren’t so soft you feel like you’re sliding off at the edges (which was an issue with the other mattresses we tried). There was about a day of off-gassing, but that was no problem at all; we just made sure to not cover it up with blankets/sheets until that was done. No regrets at all!” – Brian
Read more reviews here.
The finer print
The Cocoon ships free and usually arrives within 5-7 business days.
The Cocoon mattress comes compressed, rolled and boxed. You will simply unbox the mattress, unroll it on your foundation, and wait for it to expand. You can also watch Cocoon’s unboxing video to see how it’s done.
The Cocoon will work best on a flat, sturdy surface.
If you’re not completely satisfied with your Cocoon within the first 100 days after purchase, they’ll arrange to have it picked up and donated for you at no cost and deliver a full refund of your purchase price.
The Cocoon comes with a 10-year limited warranty.
If you need to clean your mattress, just spot clean the stain using cold water and a gentle detergent. The cover is not meant to be taken off or washed.
- Made in the USA.
- The foam used to make the Cocoon is CertiPUR-US certified, meaning it’s safe for you and the environment.
Other products sold by Cocoon
- Cocoon also offers a foundation ($299 for queen).
If you have more questions about the Cocoon mattress, check out their FAQ page or leave us a comment below.
Customer rating is derived from CocoonbySealy.com.
By clicking on the product links in this article, Mattress Advisor may receive a commission fee at no cost to you, the reader. Read full disclosure statement.