DreamCloud Mattress Review
DreamCloud Mattress Review
✔️Last updated: September 2023
|✔️Customer Rating: 4.7/5|
|✔️Mattress Advisor Score: 9.0/10|
|✔️Free Shipping & Returns|
|✔️365-Night Sleep Trial|
Get 40% off on Mattresses
What We Think: The DreamCloud mattress is medium-firm hybrid with a balanced feel. It works for a majority of sleepers regardless of position and body type. And with a 365-day sleep trial and a lifetime warranty, this affordable luxury hybrid is worth considering for your next mattress.
Who Is the DreamCloud Mattress Best For?
|DreamCloud is best for:||DreamCloud may not be best for:|
With a 9/10 overall score, the DreamCloud is one of the highest-rated hybrid mattresses we’ve ever tested and a great mattress for back pain. Want to see if it’s for you? In this review, we’ll cover the best and worst things about this mattress, prices, sizes, some FAQs, and answer the big question: Should you buy the DreamCloud mattress?
The Best Parts:
- This luxury hybrid mattress performed well in almost every single category we tested it in, even scoring a 9 or higher in edge support, spine alignment, responsiveness, and durability.
- The cashmere mattress cover on DreamCloud is so soft and smooth that you might not want to put sheets on it.
- When you buy a DreamCloud, you can try it out for up to one year before making that final decision. After that, you get a lifetime warranty.
To get a good idea of how the DreamCloud measures up against other mattresses, we took it to our mattress lab and put it to the test. This bed underwent 14 different performance tests and customer experience evaluations, so you know just what to expect from the moment you buy to the moment you unbox to the moment you lie down.
Learn more about our review process.
|Mattress Advisor Test||Score (Out of 10)|
⭐Total Score for the DreamCloud Mattress: 9.0/10⭐
- Responsiveness: The DreamCloud’s foam and coil structure create a bouncy surface that helps sleepers adjust and move around easily. Being highly responsive makes this mattress a good choice for restless sleepers and combination sleepers.
- Spine Alignment: Suffer from back pain? DreamCloud’s nearly perfect spine alignment will help keep your posture even while you sleep to keep that pain away.
- Cooling: Sleeping too hot isn’t fun for anyone; but the DreamCloud has the materials to keep you cool, including an innerspring system and a cooling cashmere cover.
- Expansion Time: According to DreamCloud’s FAQ section, the mattress could take up to 72 hours to fully expand. You can lie on the bed before then, but in the worst-case scenario it could take three days after unboxing to get the full experience.
- Heavy: The DreamCloud weighs more than the average mattress due to its 5 layers of memory foam and coils; the queen size weighs 97 lbs. It’s important to select a foundation that can support this mattress’s weight. Additionally, you may need to recruit a friend to help with set-up or request white glove delivery for $149.
A bed with good responsiveness is a bed that will help you get comfortable quickly in each position. The best mattresses for combination sleepers have enough cushioning for pressure relief without sinking.
As we shifted positions in the DreamCloud, this bed quickly accommodated each movement. The only thing keeping it from that perfect score of a 10/10 was that it took a little longer to get comfortable on our stomachs in comparison to the other sleep positions.
Not only is the DreamCloud responsive, but it provides good pressure relief in key areas that are prone to aches and pains for people of all sizes. Don’t believe us? Check out the pressure map! The cool colors (your blues and greens) mean little to no pressure. The warm colors (your yellows and reds) mean normal to lots of pressure.
Back sleepers see virtually no pressure whatsoever, while side sleepers see minimal pressure in the hips and shoulders. This is pretty ideal if you suffer from shoulder, hip, or back pain.
We gave the DreamCloud an 8.5/10 for motion transfer, which suggests it does a good job of isolating movements to one side of the mattress. This helps make the mattress a good one for couples because you won’t be as disturbed by your sleep partner’s every toss and turn. That said, if motion transfer is your primary mattress concern, note that the DreamCloud’s coils don’t absorb motion as well as an all-foam mattress. The DreamCloud Premier might be a better motion-isolating option.
Edge support is one of those mattress factors that you don’t notice you need until you meet a bed without it, especially if you consistently sit on the edge of your bed. Our edge support test happens in two parts: sitting and lying.
In the sitting test, we took a seat at the end of the DreamCloud and put on a pair of shoes. We noticed that it was as solid as sitting on a chair. Notice how the bed barely bends under our weight.
It got even better when we lay on the edge of the bed. It was even more sturdy than we expected, giving the edge support of DreamCloud an impressive 10 out of 10.
Where Does It Fall on the Firmness Scale?
The DreamCloud mattress is about a 6.5/10 on the firmness scale, which gives it a medium-firm firmness level. This firmness works for all types of sleepers, but especially back sleepers and average weight sleepers.
Is the DreamCloud a Good Mattress for Your Sleep Position?
After thorough testing, we think the DreamCloud mattress is a good fit for all sleep positions. Here’s more about how the mattress can benefit each type of sleeper.
- Side sleepers: Side sleepers should rest pain-free due to the DreamCloud’s excellent ability to provide pressure relief to people of all sizes. We gave the mattress a 9/10 for pressure relief after detecting very little buildup of tension in the hips while side sleeping. The mattress also earns a near-perfect score for spine alignment in a side-sleeping position, suggesting that it will keep you in a comfortable neutral position all night.
- Back sleepers: That top-notch pressure relief and spine alignment also benefits back sleepers, who should feel virtually no pressure in the lower back area, according to our heat maps. The DreamCloud’s foam top layers provide excellent body contouring to keep your spine in a neutral alignment so you’ll experience fewer aches and pains.
- Stomach sleepers: The 6.5/10 firmness level works well for most lightweight and average-weight stomach sleepers—their hips stay lofted enough for good alignment, while the pressure-relieving foam cradles the hips and shoulders. However, many average-weight and heavier stomach sleepers will find the mattress to be too soft for optimal comfort and alignment. If this is you, consider a firmer mattress for the support you need.
- Combination sleepers: Combination sleepers can get comfy in any position thanks to DreamCloud’s great responsiveness, which allows them to move around throughout the night without feeling like they’re stuck in foam. In fact, it’s so easy to switch positions on this bed that we gave the mattress an almost-unparalleled 10/10 for responsiveness.
Is the DreamCloud Good for Pain Relief?
As you can see from our pressure map, the DreamCloud doesn’t cause pressure to build up in areas like the back, hip, shoulders, and other areas prone to aches and pains. But if you want more specifics, here’s how the mattress can potentially help you, depending on the locus of your pain.
The mattress’s 9/10 score for spine alignment is a good indicator of its ability to support your back and keep it in neutral alignment. We found it maintains good spine support for side sleepers, back sleepers, and lightweight and average-weight stomach sleepers. Due to its multiple high-density foam layers that cradle you without letting you sink in too far, the mattress also supplies excellent pressure relief and lumbar support.
If you suffer from hip pain, this mattress shouldn’t exacerbate your issues. When we conducted our pressure mapping, we saw almost no sign of pressure around the hips—even in a side-sleeping position. Expect the DreamCloud to provide good pressure relief in the hips for all sleep positions, in addition to next-level spine alignment, which will benefit any ongoing pain along your core.
According to our testing, back sleepers and side sleepers should experience little to no pressure in the shoulders on the DreamCloud due to its excellent pressure relief. The mattress’s foam sink-in layer should give you a sense of being cushioned and hugged, but not of sinking too far to maintain good alignment.
Is the DreamCloud Mattress Cooling?
The DreamCloud is not designed to be a cooling mattress, but its coil construction promotes airflow throughout the mattress. Additionally, the top foam layer is made from gel memory foam infused with cooling beads. We give it an 8.5/10 cooling score.
Related: Best Mattresses for Hot Sleepers
How Much Weight Does it Support?
The DreamCloud is estimated to support up to 650 lbs, according to its parent company Resident Home. We think it will work well for people of most shapes and sizes, including some heavy sleepers. The individually wrapped coils and dense foam layers are enough to keep larger back and side sleepers supported. However, stomach sleepers who weigh 230 lbs or more should consider a firmer mattress with less foam cradling.
Related: Best Mattresses for Heavy People
Bed Frame Compatibility
The DreamCloud is compatible with most bed frames and foundations. These include box springs, slatted platforms, platform beds, and adjustable bases.
This luxury mattress is constructed with a combination of layers of foam and a system of micro coils. All foams used in DreamCloud are CertiPUR-US certified, meaning they are free of harmful chemicals and have reduced off-gassing effects.
- Mattress Cover: DreamCloud’s mattress cover is made with cashmere and quilted foam, which makes it feel ultra-soft.
- Comfort Layer: Gel memory foam layer that adds comfort and pressure relief.
- Sink-In Layer: This foam layer adds cushioning that allows you to sink in slightly to DreamCloud, but not so much that you’re swallowed.
- Base Layer: High-density foam that adds even more support to the mattress.
- Support Layer: This system of pocketed coils adds bounce and responds to your body.
DreamCloud Mattress Sizes, Dimensions, and Pricing
|Twin||38” x 75” x 14”||63 lbs||$798.75|
|Twin XL||38” x 80” x 14”||66 lbs||$998.75|
|Full||54” x 75” x 14”||84 lbs||$1,098.75|
|Queen||60” x 80” x 14”||97 lbs||$1,198.75|
|King||76” x 80” x 14”||120 lbs||$1,498.75|
|California King||72” x 84” x 14”||118 lbs||$1,498.75|
*Prices do not reflect Mattress Advisor exclusive offers or discounts. Click below to see the best price for the DreamCloud mattress.
What’s Unboxing Like?
The DreamCloud arrives at your door in a tall, rectangular box. Before you unbox it, move your mattress to the room you’d like to place it in. It took us about a minute and a half to completely unbox the DreamCloud. It was very heavy, so we recommend doing it with a partner. The queen size of the DreamCloud weighs 97 lbs. If you’re looking for a more portable mattress in a box, see the best memory foam mattresses.
There was a faint off-gassing smell that was barely noticeable, so there is no need to wait a long time before putting sheets on your new mattress.
|Delivery||Delivered to your door within 2-5 business days.|
|Trial Period||365-night trial|
|Return Policy||Free returns for a full year|
|Financing||Available through Affirm|
Learn more about DreamCloud’s parent company Resident Home and its policies.
Getting Your Mattress
The DreamCloud ships free and will arrive at your door anytime between 2 to 5 business days via FedEx Ground.
There will be a shipping fee of $150 if you live in Alaska or Hawaii. DreamCloud does offer delivery with its White Glove service, as well as setup and mattress removal, all for an additional fee of $149. The DreamCloud team will also set up your platform bed, frame, or headboard for an additional $45 per item.
Terms of the Sleep Trial
DreamCloud offers one of the best trial periods we’ve seen in the online mattress space—an entire year long. This trial starts 30 days after your mattress has been delivered (this accounts for the break-in time for your mattress) and lasts for 365 nights.
Just like the sleep trial period, DreamCloud’s warranty is about as good as it gets—a lifetime. If at any point your mattress is damaged from manufacturing issues or normal use, they will replace your mattress. This is free for the first 10 years; there may be a transportation fee after the first 10 years.
After the sleep trial, DreamCloud covers the following defects:
- Body impressions deeper than 1.5″
- Cracking or splitting of the memory foam layers
- Unraveled seams or defects in the mattress cover
What the warranty does not cover:
- Damages from stains, tears, and cuts
- Body impressions shallower than 1.5″
- Normal softening of the memory foam
- Changes in your comfort preference, such as levels of firmness
- DreamCloud mattresses that are sold secondhand
DreamCloud Customer Service
The customer service team is available seven days a week between 8 a.m. and 4 p.m. (PST). Here’s how you can chat with DreamCloud’s customer service:
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Call 1-833-237-3269
- Chat with a rep online
If you decide to return or exchange your mattress, it must be within your sleep trial period. Contact DreamCloud’s customer service team at email@example.com and include photos of:
- The whole mattress, including all four corners (no sheets or bedding)
- The defective area. Include a measuring tap in the image so the team can assess the size of the defect
- The two white mattress tags
- Your receipt of purchase
If accepted by the DreamCloud team, you can donate your used mattress to charity. Keep your donation receipt in the event that DreamCloud requests proof of donation for refund purposes. You should receive a full refund within 7 business days and it will be sent to your original form of payment.
Read More: DreamCloud Return Policy
Is the DreamCloud Mattress for You?
Now that you’ve read our mattress review, it’s time to decide if it’s the one for you. To help you decide, consider your sleeping position, sleep environment, budget, and ideal customer experience.
Finding a mattress that works with your sleeping position helps ensure you sleep well. With a medium-firm comfort level, this mattress works well for all sleeping positions. It provides excellent pressure relief for side, stomach, and back sleepers. Plus it scored high in our responsiveness evaluation, making it a great option for combination sleepers that switch positions throughout the night.
Another factor to consider when buying a mattress is how it works with your sleep environment. If you sleep with a partner or pet, it’s important to find a mattress with great motion isolation so that you don’t hear them move during the night. Since the DreamCloud mattress scored 8.5/10 in this category it should work for most co-sleepers. However, if you are a light sleeper who is easily disturbed by noise and motion, you may want to consider one of our top mattresses for couples, which scored higher in this category.
Also consider whether you sleep hot or live somewhere that’s humid. Once again, the DreamCloud mattress scored 8.5/10 in this category, meaning it’s above average but has some room for improvement. While you won’t be sweating as much as you would on an all-foam mattress, it still might not be the coolest mattress. However, if the DreamCloud meets all your other expectations, consider buying cooling sheets to modify the mattress.
When shopping for your next mattress, think about how much you’re willing to spend on one. A queen-size model comes at just under $1,200, making it an affordable luxury mattress option. However, if you’re on a strict budget, consider our top mattresses under $1,000.
Keep in mind that DreamCloud holds regular sales and discounts, helping to bring their price tags within your reach. They also offer financing through Affirm.
Customer service is something you don’t really think about except when buying a mattress. Thankfully, DreamCloud has you covered. They offer a generous 1-year sleep trial and lifetime warranty. Plus, their representatives are available to meet your needs via telephone, email, and live chat. However, in order to initiate the live chat, you have to enter your email address.
DreamCloud vs. Nectar
|Mattress Advisor Score||9/10||8.7/10|
|Firmness||Medium-Firm (6.5/10)||Medium-Firm (6/10)|
|Material||Hybrid||Gel Memory Foam|
|Who’s It Best For?||
The DreamCloud and Nectar are both popular bed-in-a-box options, but the DreamCloud’s hybrid build makes it a better fit for certain sleepers than the all-foam Nectar mattress. The DreamCloud feels slightly firmer and much more responsive than the Nectar, making it a better fit for sleepers who like to move around and change positions at night. The DreamCloud’s hybrid build also means it will keep you cooler than the Nectar, so it’s the better choice for sleepers who overheat easily at night.
The Nectar’s all-foam build makes it a better option than the DreamCloud for sleepers who enjoy sinking into their mattresses to get body-contouring pressure relief. The Nectar offers pain relief around the shoulders, hips, and lower back, making it a great pick for side sleepers or those with joint pain. This mattress is also a good choice for budget shoppers, who will enjoy its reasonable price tag and forever warranty.
Check out our full DreamCloud vs Nectar mattress comparison.
DreamCloud vs. Purple
|Mattress Advisor Score||9/10||8.4/10|
|Firmness||Medium-Firm (6.5/10)||Medium-Firm (6.5/10)|
|Who’s It Best For?||
The Purple and DreamCloud may both be hybrid mattresses, but they feel incredibly different. The foam/innerspring DreamCloud has a traditional feel that makes it a great option for older people and sleepers who like classic hybrid mattresses. It also features a thick build that means it is supportive enough for heavy people or sleepers with back pain.
On the other hand, the Purple’s unique grid layer means it does not feel like a traditional mattress. Instead, it feels a little like a water bed, offering a great mix of pressure relief and responsiveness. That combination makes it a good option for combination sleepers who spend part of the night on their sides. The Purple also sleeps much cooler than a traditional mattress, so it should be a hit with hot sleepers.
Check out our full Purple vs DreamCloud mattress comparison.
Review other comparisons:
DreamCloud Mattress FAQs
Can I finance my DreamCloud Mattress?
Yes! Financing is available through their partnership with Affirm. To do this, select Affirm at checkout and fill out the application. Upon approval, Affirm will contact you with next steps.
Where can I buy a DreamCloud mattress?
DreamCloud is available online and in stores. For more information, check out our guide: Where to Buy a DreamCloud Mattress.
How long will a DreamCloud mattress last?
DreamCloud designs its mattresses to last heavy long-term use. They’re so confident in the quality of their products that they offer a lifetime warranty. Most mattresses last between 7-10 years, which DreamCloud strives to exceed.