DreamCloud Premier Mattress Review
DreamCloud Premier Mattress Review
✔️Last updated: May 2023
|✔️Customer Rating: 4.7/5|
|✔️Mattress Advisor Score: 8.9/10|
|✔️Free Shipping & Returns|
|✔️365-Night Sleep Trial|
Get 40% off on Mattresses
Quick review: The DreamCloud Premier mattress is an affordable luxury hybrid mattress, great for couples and seniors of all sleep positions. It comes with a special Euro top, making it super comfortable to sleep on.
Who Is the DreamCloud Premier Mattress Best for?
|DreamCloud Premier is best for:||DreamCloud Premier may not be best for:|
DreamCloud Premier Mattress Review Highlights
The DreamCloud Premier is one of the best hybrid mattresses we’ve tested and made our list for top mattresses of 2023. In this review, we’ll answer all your questions about the DreamCloud Premier mattress and then some, including pros and cons, customer reviews, and product specs like sizes and prices.
To learn if DreamCloud Premier is the best mattress for you, read on.
What Makes it Special:
- The DreamCloud Premier is a 6-layer luxury hybrid mattress made with memory foam and coils.
- Its premium technology is designed to cradle your body on a plush surface while providing support and spine alignment. (This mattress received a nearly perfect score in our pressure relief test!)
- Having layers of foam helps it isolate motion so you can sleep with a partner without waking up from their late-night position changes.
How Did We Score the DreamCloud Premier?
Now take a look at the breakdown of scores from the various tests we use to evaluate the DreamCloud Premier mattress. Our total score is a combined, weighted score on a scale of one to 10. You can learn more about our review process here.
|Mattress Advisor Test||Score (Out of 10)|
⭐Total Score for the DreamCloud Premier Mattress: 8.9/10⭐
DreamCloud Premier Pros and Cons
- Trial Period and Warranty: DreamCloud offers an unbeatable full year trial period and lifetime warranty. Industry-wide, sleep trials are normally about 100 nights and warranties usually last for 10 years.
- Motion Transfer: The DreamCloud Premier excelled in our motion transfer test, meaning that when you sleep with a partner, their movements won’t wake you up and vice versa.
- Pressure Relief: The DreamCloud Premier mattress does a good job of hugging your hips and shoulders without adding unnecessary pressure. This keeps you from waking with aches and pains.
- Responsiveness: How responsive a mattress is refers to its ability to quickly respond and adjust to your movements. The DreamCloud Premier did this well, which is especially good for combination sleepers and people who toss and turn.
- Durability: You want to buy a mattress that will last. Thanks to DreamCloud Premier’s high-quality materials, it does! Don’t believe us? Consult that lifetime warranty.
- Weight: The DreamCloud Premier is a heavy mattress, with a queen size weighing 121 lbs. King and California king sizes both weigh over 140 lbs. Take size into account before you decide to rearrange your bedroom.
- Above-Average Price: Although it’s not an ultra-luxury bed, the DreamCloud Premier ($1,599 for a queen) costs a bit more than the typical mattress.
- Not 100% U.S. Made: Unlike most bed-in-a-box mattresses, the DreamCloud Premier is not made 100% in the U.S. The mattress materials are sourced from around the world and then assembled in America and shipped to you.
Related: DreamCloud Mattress Complaints
Setting up the mattress can be the most exciting part of receiving your bed-in-a-box, but what you may not hear about is the off-gassing smell. Pretty much any mattress that uses foam will have a slight “new car smell” from being wrapped in plastic and the DreamCloud Premier was no exception.
The best thing to do is just let your new mattress air out before you proceed with dressing it up with sheets and bedding.
For all you couples that sleep on opposite edges of the bed and to the people who love to sit on the edge to tie their shoes or simply lounge, this call out is for you. DreamCloud Premier had pretty solid edge support, not perfect, but solid enough to score it an 8.5 in our lab test.
When we lay on the DreamCloud Premier’s edge, instead of having feelings of slipping, sliding, and falling off, we were met with support.
One of my personal favorite things about this new and improved DreamCloud Premier model is its pressure relief. To lie down with no uncomfortable pressure on your hips, shoulders, or lower back? Wonderful!
We used our special pressure mapping technology to see the places where there was the most pressure. Blue means no pressure and red is the maximum amount of pressure. And what did we find? Almost no pressure in those key areas.
Learn the practical details you need to know before you buy, such as who the DreamCloud Premier supports best and what’s inside the mattress.
DreamCloud Premier Firmness
The DreamCloud Premier falls at a 6.5/10 on the firmness scale, making it medium-firm. Medium firmness is good for most sleep positions because it isn’t too soft, but it isn’t too firm, either.
What Sleeping Position Works Best with DreamCloud Premier?
The DreamCloud Premier mattress is both medium-firm and responsive, meaning it easily adjusts to your movements and keeps the spine in good alignment. Both of these factors allow for DreamCloud Premier to work for all sleep positions. For more recommendations for all of these sleeping positions, check out the guides below.
Does It Keep You Cool?
As a luxury hybrid mattress, DreamCloud Premier features a layer of pocketed coils that provides airflow throughout the mattress. This, combined with the gel memory foam, helps the DreamCloud Premier sleep cooler than most mattresses. However, with multiple layers of foam, it’s not the coolest mattress we’ve ever tested. If you’re a hot sleeper, check out one of our top cooling mattresses.
Is It Good for All Body Types?
The DreamCloud Premier mattress can support an estimated 650 lbs, give or take. It’s made with premium materials that are rather durable, and it scored well in pressure relief and edge support, all things heavier sleepers need in a mattress. Plus, hybrid mattresses are known to be able to support more weight than all-foam mattresses since they have an added coil system.
Do You Need a Special Foundation?
The DreamCloud Premier mattress can be used on most mattress foundations as long as they’re in good condition. This includes traditional foundations, box springs, platform bed frames, and adjustable bases. Foundations should have little give or flexibility for the best sleeping experience.
Take a Deep Dive Inside
The DreamCloud Premier is a luxury hybrid mattress made with 6 layers, including a pillow top, layers of foam, and spring coils. All foam used are CertiPUR-US certified for low VOCs (volatile organic compounds) and no harmful chemicals.
- Luxury Cashmere Blend Cover: The luxury cashmere provides premium softness and is naturally resistant to bedbugs.
- Euro Top Cradle Layer (1″): Cushioning high-loft memory foam that conforms to your body.
- Euro Top Support Layer (1″): Soft foam layer that supports the layers above and completes the extra plush Euro Top.
- Pressure Relief Comfort Layer (2.5″): Gently contouring memory foam that targets where you need support the most. Thoughtfully placed supportive foam ensures every other layer performs better.
- Low Motion-Transfer Support Layer (1″): An additional foam layer that works with the coil system to support the body.
- Targeted-Support Coil System (8.5″): A foam encased pocketed micro coil compression system that provides edge support, breathability, and responsiveness.
DreamCloud Premier Mattress Sizes, Dimensions, and Pricing
|Twin||38” x 75” x 14”||76 lbs.||$999|
|Twin XL||39” x 80” x 14”||81 lbs.||$1,299|
|Full||54” x 75” x 14”||103 lbs.||$1,499|
|Queen||60” x 80” x 14”||121 lbs.||$1,599|
|King||76” x 80” x 14”||149 lbs.||$1,899|
|California King||72” x 84” x 14”||146 lbs.||$1,899|
*Prices listed above are standard without discounts or exclusive Mattress Advisor deals. Check for the best price on the DreamCloud Premier mattress with the button below.
Read More: Where to Buy a DreamCloud Mattress
Unboxing the DreamCloud Premier Mattress
The DreamCloud Premier mattress arrives at your door rolled in a box. The unboxing process took us about two and a half minutes; not bad, but the mattress was rather heavy, so this is not a solo job. DreamCloud Premier did have a slight off-gassing smell, and we suggest airing it out for a few hours before putting on your bedding.
What to Know Before You Buy
|Delivery||Compressed and rolled in a cylinder case; delivered in 2-5 business days|
|Trial Period||365 nights|
|Return Policy||Free returns|
|Financing||Available through Affirm|
Learn more about DreamCloud’s parent company Resident Home and its policies.
How Shipping and Delivery Works
Shipping is free for people who live in the contiguous U.S. Anyone who lives in Alaska or Hawaii will have a shipping charge of $150. Your new mattress ships in about 2 to 5 business days via FedEx Ground delivery.
You can opt in for a white glove delivery service for your DreamCloud Premier mattress for a fee of $149, and if you would like for them to remove your mattress, it’s an additional $20. The DreamCloud team will also set up your platform bed, frame, or headboard for an additional $45 per item.
DreamCloud has one of the best sleep trials in the online mattress industry—a 365-night trial. Starting 30 nights after your mattress arrives at your door, you get to try out your DreamCloud for a full year before making a final decision. During this year, you have the opportunity to return or exchange your mattress completely free.
What Does the Warranty Cover?
Along with a generous sleep trial, you also get a generous warranty as well. When you purchase a DreamCloud Premier mattress, you get a lifetime warranty that covers any breaks or impressions deeper than 1.5” resulting from normal use. After you submit a claim, they will replace your mattress at no cost to you.
How to Talk to Customer Service
You can get in contact with DreamCloud customer service in one of three ways: live chat on their website, calling (833) 237-3269, or emailing email@example.com. One complaint we had when trying to reach them was that you have to enter your email address to activate the live chat feature on their website.
Here is what actual customers had to say about their experience with DreamCloud customer service:
- “Everything about this purchase was great! The bed is top-notch quality as was communication from the company concerning receipt of my order, shipping updates etc.” – Felicia C.
- “I was going to return the mattress. They offered me a mattress pad that helped. I had decided to return the mattress but couldn’t find anyone to accept a used mattress. I was offered a $250 credit. Everyone I dealt with was wonderful.” – Deborah T.
- “The mattress we purchased was delivered in a timely manner and displayed excellent quality and workmanship. Unfortunately, it was softer than we expected and for that reason saw fit to return it. The return process was straightforward, uncomplicated, extremely professional and exceeded our expectations for timeliness.” – Veda A.
Explore the Return Policy
If you decide to return your DreamCloud Premier, contact customer service, and they will take you through the return process. Your DreamCloud Premier mattress will either be taken to a donation center or a local disposal location. After the company processes the return, you will get a full refund, which typically takes 2 to 3 business days.
Don’t take our word for it; look at what real-life customers think about their DreamCloud Premier mattress.
- “After many months of research and testing beds in brick and mirror stores, we decided to try the King and adjustable base. It gets better and better. I can’t wait to settle in for the evening…I suffered from hip pain and stiffness prior to the Dream Cloud. So happy we took the modern approach and rely on the reviews and return guarantee. We’re 3 months in, and very satisfied with the quality and comfort this mattress offers.” – S.U.
- “Our new mattress is the cat’s meow. It’s not too firm it’s not too soft it’s just right.” – James S.
- “Haven’t slept this good in years. Back pain 90% gone. So glad I stepped out on faith and pushed that order button!!! Best mattress I’ve had in years!!! Thanks to DreamCloud!!!!” – Valderine P.
Is the DreamCloud Premier Right for You?
Now we’ve reached the final question: should you buy the DreamCloud Premier mattress? Well, if you are looking for a luxury mattress delivered directly to your door that’s great for heavy people, all sleeping positions, body aches, and older people, then yes, this is the bed for you. The year-long sleep trial gives you plenty of time to test it out and once you make a final decision, you can rest assured that you’re covered with a lifetime warranty.
However, if you are on a budget or you’re looking for an all-foam mattress, we suggest the less than $1,000. You also might want to keep shopping if you’re looking for a mattress where you can sink in.
DreamCloud Premier Mattress Comparisons
DreamCloud Premier vs. DreamCloud
|Mattress Advisor Score||8.9/10||9/10|
|Firmness||Medium-Firm (6.5/10)||Medium-Firm (6.5/10)|
|Who’s It Best For?||
The DreamCloud Premier and original DreamCloud are both high-quality hybrid mattresses, but they do feel a little different. The Premier includes extra comfort layers that make it feel slightly more plush than the original DreamCloud. So, even though both beds are medium-firm (6.5/10 on the firmness scale), the Premier has a bit of a softer feel that makes it a better option for side sleepers or people with joint pain. The Premier also isolates motion better thanks to its extra comfort layers, so it is a better option for couples who don’t like to be disturbed by their partner moving around at night.
The original DreamCloud’s firmer feel means back and stomach combination sleepers will fare better on this bed. The original DreamCloud is also less expensive than the Premier, which makes it a better option for budget shoppers. Hot sleepers might also prefer the original mattress. While both beds sleep cool, the extra comfort layers on the Premier might just a little more heat.
Check out our full DreamCloud mattress review.
DreamCloud Premier vs. DreamCloud Premier Rest
|Criteria||DreamCloud Premier||DreamCloud Premier Rest|
|Mattress Advisor Score||8.9/10||8.7/10|
|Firmness||Medium-Firm (6.5/10)||Medium-Firm (6.5/10)|
|Who’s It Best For?||
The DreamCloud Premier Rest is DreamCloud’s top-of-the-line luxury mattress. It is built similarly to the Premier, but it includes a pressure-relieving pillow top. While both beds are medium firm (6.5/10), the Premier Rest offers more pressure relief than the Premier. It should be a better fit for side sleepers, sleepers who enjoy sinking into bed a little bit, and people with joint pain. The Premier Rest is also a good choice for sleepers after a “hotel bed” feel.
The standard DreamCloud Premier feels a little firmer and less luxurious than the Premier Rest, which makes it a better pick for back and stomach sleepers. The Premier is also a better choice for shoppers on a budget. It still has a luxury feel but is less expensive than the Premier Rest.
Check out our full DreamCloud Premier Rest mattress review.
Can I finance my DreamCloud Premier mattress?
Did you have sticker shock looking at the price of the DreamCloud Premier? Don’t worry, because you can finance this mattress through Affirm. Select a payment plan and you can pay in small payments each month.
Will I need to flip my DreamCloud Premier mattress?
No, but you can rotate it to extend its lifespan.
Is the DreamCloud Premier mattress eco-friendly?
All the foams in the DreamCloud mattresses are CertiPUR-US® certified, meaning they meet some of the most rigorous standards for emissions, content, performance, and durability.
Can I clean my DreamCloud Premier mattress?
The DreamCloud Premier’s cover is not removable nor replaceable, but they do offer a professional cleaning on request after one year of ownership.