eLuxury 10” Gel Memory Foam Mattress Review
eLuxury 10” Gel Memory Foam Mattress Review
✔️Last updated: January 2023
|✔️Customer Rating: 4.8/5|
|✔️Mattress Advisor Score: 8.8/10|
|✔️Type: Gel Memory Foam|
|✔️Free Shipping & Returns|
|✔️120-Night Sleep Trial|
|✔️10-Year Limited Warranty|
The bottom line: The eLuxury Gel Memory Foam Mattress has a medium-firm feel that’s comfortable for back, side, and stomach sleepers alike. It’s unusually cooling for an all-foam mattress, thanks to gel-infused open cell foam. It’s also one of the more budget friendly memory foam beds on the market.
Who Is the eLuxury Mattress Good for?
|eLuxury 10” Gel Memory Foam is best for:||eLuxury 10” Gel Memory Foam may not be best for:|
The eLuxury brand started with simple bed sheets and has grown into a line of sleep products, including gel memory foam mattresses, handmade platform beds, and plush pillows. The company pours all of their mattress know-how into their one mattress, so we were excited to bring it into our sleep lab and see how it feels. Keep reading for what we discovered!
The best things about the eLuxury:
- The eLuxurySupply company is owned and operated by United States veterans in Evansville, Indiana. Their 10 inch gel memory foam mattress is made in the USA.
- The gel-infused memory foam comfort layer keeps you nice and cool.
- The eLuxury mattress is available for an affordable price, thanks to a direct-to-consumer sales model.
- All eLuxury mattress customers get a generous 120 night trial period.
- The eLuxury has an ideal firmness level—medium firm—which is both cushioning and supportive.
You have to buy the eLuxury mattress to test it out in your home, but you can watch our review team roll around on it for free! Watch our full video review below.
How it Scored
When we bring a new mattress into our sleep lab, we focus on 14 core performance categories. Each one is chosen because we’ve learned over time that it’s most important to the average sleeper. Our total score is a weighted average of all 14 categories, and factors in functional and performance characteristics, plus a social responsibility score.
|Mattress Advisor Test||Score (Out of 10)|
⭐Total Score for the eLuxury 10” Gel Memory Foam Mattress: 8.8/10⭐
eLuxury Pros and Cons
- Motion Transfer: We could barely feel movement across the mattress surface and trust that you’ll have a similar experience.
- Pressure Relief: No need for a mattress topper on the eLuxury—the memory foam layers conform to your natural curves, providing lots of pressure relief.
- Spine Alignment: Do you ever wake up with an achy back? You won’t need to worry about that when you sleep on the eLuxury, since it keeps your spine in a healthy neutral posture that relieves stress on muscles and joints.
- Edge Support: Our testers felt amply supported whether sitting or lying near the edge of the bed.
- You only get one firmness option when you shop the eLuxury mattress.
- Some customers noticed a little off-gassing scent when they first unboxed their new mattress, but the smell was gone after a few hours.
Motion isolation is especially important if you sleep with a partner. After all, no one likes being woken up by someone else’s active dreaming. To measure motion transfer we perform two tests: the blindfold test and the wine test.
Our wine test is a visual indicator of how much motion is being transferred from one side of the bed to another. We noticed only the slightest movement when we asked a tester to roll on the mattress next to a glass of wine (whew). When we replaced the wine with another person, our testers noticed even less motion transfer, so the eLuxury mattress earned 8.75/10 for motion isolation.
Do you hug the side of your mattress when you sleep or use the side of the bed to get ready in the morning? Then pay attention to edge support.
When our testers sat on the edge of the bed to tie their shoes, they rated the mattress’s level of support at 9/10. They also felt comfortably supported when they laid near the edge of the bed in multiple positions, so we gave the eLuxury a total edge support score of 8.9/10.
We measure pressure relief because it’s really important to keep stress off of your shoulders, hips, thighs, and ribs. Our pressure mapping film reveals how well a mattress supports these different parts of the body.
When we asked two testers to lie on the film on top of the mattress surface, we saw only a little pressure around our second tester’s hips and shoulders, so we gave the eLuxury mattress a 9/10 for pressure relief.
The eLuxury is a medium firm mattress, or 6/10 on the firmness scale. This is the ideal firmness for most people, since it’s not too firm, but not super soft either.
What Sleeping Positions are Supported?
The eLuxury works really well for all sleeping positions. It provides enough pressure relief for side sleepers, as well as support for back and stomach sleepers. Plus, it’s responsive enough to keep up with combo sleepers’ changes in position during the night.
We don’t think the eLuxury mattress feels warm to the average sleeper. The open cell foam enables your body heat to cycle out of the mattress, making it high in breathability and temperature regulation.
The eLuxury mattress can support up to 800lbs combined. With that said, we think that heavier individuals may “bottom out” on mattresses with a profile of 10” or less.
Bed Frame Compatibility
The eLuxury mattress is compatible with most firm and flat surfaces. This includes a box-spring, platform base, slatted bed, adjustable frame, or even the floor.
The eLux mattress has a super simple two layer foam construction. The foams are CertiPUR-US certified and free of heavy metals and other toxic materials.
- Top Layer: 3” of contouring gel memory foam with an open cell structure that creates airflow through the mattress
- Base Layer: 7” of high-density polyfoam that adjusts to shape of your body and prevents sinkage
Sizes and Pricing
|Twin||39” X 75” X 10”||$532.99|
|Twin XL||39” X 80” X 10”||$543.99|
|Full||54” X 75” X 10”||$621.99|
|Queen||60” X 80” X 10”||$664.99|
|King||76” X 80” X 10”||$735.99|
|California King||72” X 84” X 10”||$735.99|
*Prices do not reflect exclusive offers or discounts. Click below to see the best price for the eLuxury 10” Gel Memory Foam mattress.
Unboxing the eLuxury
Our eLuxury mattress arrived compressed and rolled in a box. It’s not too heavy, but you may want to ask a friend to help you move the box and unroll the mattress onto your bed frame. Once we cut off the plastic packaging, it took only a few minutes to rise to its full shape. All told, the eLuxury mattress took us just over a minute to set up and had minimal off-gassing.
Next we’ll cover all you need to know about buying an eLuxury mattress.
|Delivery||Free shipping, bed-in-a-box in 2-7 business days|
|Trial Period||120 nights|
|Warranty||10 year warranty|
|Return Policy||Free returns|
|Financing||Yes, through Bread|
The eLuxury mattress ships for free to the contiguous US and military P.O. boxes. There is an extra charge for deliveries to Alaska and Hawaii. You can expect your new mattress to arrive in 2-7 business. Right now, eLuxury doesn’t offer white glove delivery or old mattress removal.
To check your order status, log into your account on the eLuxury website and go to your account dashboard. Click on the list of your orders, and you’ll see their current statuses. If you have any questions about your delivery, reach out to the eLuxury customer service team.
120-Night Sleep Trial
You get 120 nights to test out your eLuxury mattress. This trial period is a little longer than the industry standard of 100 nights. We recommend giving your body 30 days to adjust to the new sleeping surface before making any final decisions.
The eLuxury mattress warranty lasts for 10 years. If your mattress develops any of the covered defects, eLuxury will repair or replace it. You can find all the warranty details here.
eLuxury 10” Gel Memory Foam Mattress Customer Service
The eLuxury customer service team is available over the phone at 1-800-977-7433 or email at email@example.com. They’re available Monday-Thursday, 8AM–4:30PM CT and Friday 8AM–3PM CT.
Explaining the Return Policy
If you’re not in love with your new mattress, you can return it for a full refund within your 120-night trial period. An eLuxury representative will arrange for a team member to come to your home to pick up your mattress and donate it to a local charity.
Is eLuxury 10” the Right Choice?
Overall, the eLuxury mattress is a great choice for the average sleeper who wants an affordable memory foam mattress. As long as you like the feel of foam, go for it.
We think it’s one of the best mattresses for side sleepers and couples on a tight budget, but also works for any sleep position. If you have a heavier body type, we recommend sizing up to an extra durable mattress like the WinkBeds Plus.
We were curious how the eLuxury compared to other budget-friendly memory foam mattresses. Here’s what we found:
- The Lucid 10” Gel Memory Foam mattress is considerably lower cost than the eLuxury, but it’s also not as pressure relieving.
- The Lull mattress has slightly higher price points compared with the eLuxury. It performed similarly in almost all categories, although it’s not as cooling as the eLuxury.
- The Puffy mattress is more expensive than the eLuxury, and it provides less motion isolation and pressure relief.
- The Zinus Cooling Gel Memory Foam mattress from Amazon is significantly lower cost than the eLuxury, but the Zinus is not as cooling or responsive.
- Wooden Platform Bed Frame: Available in natural, walnut, grey barn wood, almond, and white wash. $585.99/king size
- Bamboo Mattress Pad: Plush, breathable, and cooling. $109.99/queen size
- Shredded Memory Foam Pillow: Cooling and CertiPUR-US certified. $177.99/standard 2-pack
- Egyptian Cotton Sheet Set: Available in 1,000–1,500 thread count and multiple colors. $313.99/king size
How do I clean my eLuxury mattress?
The eLuxury mattress cover is machine washable (yay!). To clean the cover, simply zip off the outer covering and wash it in cold water with mild detergent on a gentle cycle. Tumble dry with little to no heat. Front loading washers work the best.
How much does the eLuxury mattress weigh?
Your eLuxury mattress weighs between 60-90lbs.