Adjustable: medium, medium-firm, or firm
15-year limited warranty
Memory foam mattress with adjustable firmness and waterproof/bed bug proof cover
- Ecosa became available in the US in December of 2017, but the company – founded in Melbourne, Australia – has been designing and manufacturing mattresses since 2014.
- This memory foam mattress is designed to provide cool sleep with its breathable layers and gel-infused particles.
- You can also adjust the firmness levels of the mattress by swapping the order of the foam layers. Choose from medium, medium-firm and firm layer combinations.
- Finally, the Ecosa mattress comes with a few bells and whistles – like a cover that is waterproof, bed bug resistant, and completely machine washable.
What to watch out for
- The Ecosa is designed in Australia, but the eaw materials are imported from Germany (90%), Japan (5%), and China (10%). The mattress itself it assembled in China.
- The Ecosa may emit an odor when unboxing, but it should go away within a few hours.
Ecosa sizes available
- Twin: $575
- Twin XL: $625
- Full: $725
- Queen: $825
- King: $950
- Cal King: $950
A look inside
The Ecosa is made up of three layers of foam, which are adjustable to create different levels of firmness on the surface. The layers include:
- High-density G-7 memory foam
- Bouncy open-cell foam
- Ergonomic support foam
The layers are covered with a German micro-filament waterproof protector and a premium poly cover with a zipper. (The cover can be fully zipped off.)
What Ecosa customers have to say
- “I was skeptical at first, but after sleeping on the mattress for seven weeks now, I’m definitely 100% happy with my purchase. The bed may feel very firm initially but you definitely get used to it, no more aches and pains when I wake up in the morning!” – Julia M.
- “I spent $3500 on my old spring mattress thinking it was an important investment so we need to spend a lot to ensure we get quality. How wrong I was. The ecosa mattress is better quality, more affordable and better for my back.” – Daniel D.
- “I have been suffering from disc degeneration on my back for about 2 years now. My old mattress was $2000 and it didn’t support my back well it felt like sinking and gave my lots of aching during days. This ecosa mattress is working good so far. My aching is much better and it is not sinking and had enough support for my back. So I happily recommend this one especially someone who sleeps on the back.” – Heejae Y.
Read more reviews here.
The finer print
The Ecosa mattress ships free and should arrive at your doorstep within 1-5 business days. (Allow 3-7 days for shipments to Alaska or Hawaii.)
The Ecosa mattress comes compressed and rolled up on a box. You will simply unroll the mattress on your foundation, remove the vacuum-sealed packaging and watch it spring to life.
The Ecosa mattress is designed to work on any firm, flat surface. It can be placed on the floor, a platform base, slatted bed frame or a box spring.
If you’re not happy with your Ecosa mattress, you can return it for a full refund as long as you return it before the 100-night trial period. Ecosa will arrange for Salvation Army to come pick up your mattress and donate it to a family in need.
Ecosa comes with a 15-year limited warranty.
The Ecosa cover is machine washable. Be sure to use room temperature water. If using a dryer to dry the item, avoid high heat, as this can melt, shrink or deform the fabric.
- The foams used to make the Ecosa mattress are CertiPUR-US Certified, meaning they are good for you and the environment.
Other products sold by Ecosa
- Ecosa also sells an adjustable pillow for $100.
If you have more questions about the Ecosa mattress, check out their FAQ page or leave us a comment below.
By clicking on the product links in this article, Mattress Advisor may receive a commission fee at no cost to you, the reader. Read full disclosure statement.