Ecosa Mattress Review
Ecosa Mattress Review
✔️Last updated: January 2023
|✔️Customer Rating: 4.8/5|
|✔️Mattress Advisor Score: 8.3/10|
|✔️Type: Memory Foam Mattress|
|✔️Firmness: Adjustable (Medium-Firm)|
|✔️Free Shipping & Returns|
|✔️100-Night Sleep Trial|
Get $200 off of your Ecosa!
The bottom line: The Ecosa mattress is an adjustable memory foam mattress. With ergonomic back support and variable firmness options, the Ecosa is one of our favorite mattresses for sleepers with back pain. Its budget-friendly price and 100-night sleep trial make it easy to see this a great mattress.
Who Is the Ecosa Mattress Best for?
|Ecosa is best for:||Ecosa may not be best for:|
The Ecosa mattress is a three-layer memory foam bed with adjustable firmness settings. By rearranging the interior foam layers, this bed can have a medium, medium-firm, or firm feel. But this isn’t all there is to love about the Ecosa mattress. In this review, we’ll share everything you need to know to see if this is your dream bed.
What we love about the Ecosa:
- The Ecosa is one of the only mattresses we’ve come across with a built-in waterproof mattress protector. Not only is the inner-cover waterproof, but the outer cover is removable and machine washable.
- This memory foam mattress is a great fit for couples who sleep together. Our sleep testers found that it had exceptional edge support and motion isolation properties, allowing couples to spread out and move around without waking their partner.
- You can adjust the firmness level of the mattress by swapping the order of the foam layers. Choose from medium, medium-firm and firm layer combinations.
Check out our Ecosa mattress review video to see first-hand how it performed in various tests.
Note: Since our video review was completed, Mattress Advisor learned more about Ecosa’s social impact, earning them a higher social responsibility score and overall rating. Ecosa’s overall score is now an 8.3/10.
Here’s how the Ecosa mattress scored on different tests and evaluations. Each score is a rating out of 10 points. The total score is a weighted average that incorporates all of the functional and performance characteristics of the mattress.
|Mattress Advisor Test||Score (Out of 10)|
⭐Total Score for the Ecosa Mattress: 8.3/10⭐
Ecosa Mattress Performance Highlights
- Spine alignment: The Ecosa separates itself from its competitors thanks to exceptional spine alignment. Its ergonomic foam design does an exceptional job at keeping the spine in a neutral position. Both of our sleep testers had an almost perfectly straight spine when on the Ecosa, which is a measure of how well it keeps the spine in a healthy position.
- Edge support: Our sleep testers were impressed by how reliable the edges were. Sturdy edges allow couples to spread out, and they made it easier to get in and out of bed.
- Motion transfer: Our test noted minimal partner disturbance when moving around. This and our wine test suggest that the Ecosa does a good job at isolating movements.
- Responsiveness: We found the Ecosa incredibly simple to move around on. It quickly adjusted to our movements, demonstrating excellent responsiveness.
- Durability: Thanks to high-quality foam layers and a cover that protects from spills and dust mites, the Ecosa is likely to stay comfy for many years to come.
- While the Ecosa brand was started in Australia, the mattress itself is assembled in China with materials from Germany, China, and Japan. Because China does not have as strict of regulations as the United States, this could mean questionable materials or manufacturing practices.
- We noticed a slight odor that lasted a few days when unboxing the Ecosa mattress. Rest assured that this scent will fade.
Learn more about the Ecosa mattress to determine if this could be the right mattress for you.
How Firm is the Ecosa Mattress?
The Ecosa has adjustable firmness options. By rearranging the three memory foam layers, you achieve varying firmness levels. The softest feel is a medium and the firmest setting achieves a contouring firm feel.
What Sleep Position Does the Ecosa Support?
Thanks to its adjustable firmness, the Ecosa suits most sleeping positions. Side sleepers find the cushion that they need, while back sleepers can find the medium-firm feel that’s great at balancing pressure relief and support. Combination sleepers do well on this and other responsive memory foam mattresses. However, stomach sleepers tend to do better on a firmer mattress. Check out our top recommendations for stomach sleepers and other sleeping positions below.
Does the Ecosa Sleep Hot?
We found the Ecosa bed to sleep relatively cool for an all-foam mattress. The Ecosa construction utilizes pin-core holes for enhanced air circulation and gel particles to move trapped body heat away from the mattress surface. Innerspring and latex beds will still sleep cooler.
How Much Weight Does the Ecosa Mattress Support?
The Ecosa mattress supports individuals up to 330 pounds. This will support most types of sleepers.
What Foundations or Bed Frames Can be Used with Ecosa?
The Ecosa mattress is designed to work on any firm, flat surface. It can be placed on the floor (although this can trap moisture), a platform base, an adjustable frame, a slatted bed frame, or a box spring.
What is the Ecosa Made of?
The Ecosa is made up of three layers of foam, which are adjustable to create different levels of firmness on the surface. The layers are covered with a German micro-filament waterproof protector and a breathable tencel cover. The cover is removable and machine-washable. The layers include:
- High-density G-7 gel memory for a soft feel and cool night’s rest.
- ECO-Tex memory foam for a responsive, durable mattress.
- Ergonomic support foam that isolates motion and closely contours pressure points.
Ecosa Mattress Sizes, Dimensions, and Pricing
|Twin||39” x 75” x 10”||42 lbs.||$500|
|Twin XL||39” x 80” x 10”||46 lbs.||$550|
|Full||54” x 75” x 10”||59 lbs.||$640|
|Queen||60” x 80” x 10”||77 lbs.||$730|
|King||76” x 80” x 10”||84 lbs.||$850|
|Cal King||72” x 84” x 10”||82 lbs.||$850|
*Prices do not reflect exclusive offers or discounts. Click below to see the best price for the Ecosa mattress.
Ecosa Mattress Unboxing
The Ecosa mattress arrives compressed in a box that’s tall and thin. We found it easy to maneuver, unpackage, and unroll. Our only complaint is that the mattress we received had a small stain. There was a mild odor that dissipated over a few days. This odor is normal for memory foam mattresses after they’ve been compressed for shipping.
Learn what to expect when you buy a new Ecosa mattress.
|Delivery||Free delivery to all 50 states in 1-7 business days|
|Trial Period||100 nights|
|Return Policy||Free returns between 14 to 100 days|
|Financing||Available through Klarna|
Ecosa Mattress Shipping and Delivery
Ecosa ships free to all 50 states. Shipping time takes 1-7 business days. They send a FedEx Ground tracking number so that you know when to expect the mattress in the mail.
You don’t need to be home to sign for the mattress. If you’re not there, FedEx will leave the bed on your doorstep (so long as they deem the area safe).
Ecosa doesn’t offer White Glove Delivery or expedited delivery.
Ecosa Mattress Sleep Trial
The Ecosa mattress comes with a 100-night sleep trial that starts from the day you receive your new mattress in the mail.
You must give the new bed a chance before returning it. Ecosa requires 14 days before a refund can be initiated. This period ensures that you allow time for the memory foam to break in and for your body to adjust to a new sleeping surface. If you decide to return your mattress between days 14 and 100, you will receive a full refund.
Ecosa Mattress Warranty
Ecosa’s 15-year mattress warranty is more generous than the majority of mattress warranties that we’ve come across. In fact, it’s better than that of most leading bed-in-a-box mattress brands.
What sets their warranty apart is twofold. First, it’s not prorated. What this means is that Ecosa will repair or replace the mattress for the whole 15 years without making you pay a portion of the cost. Second, Ecosa covers the cost of shipping for the first warranty claim. Some companies require the customer to pay for shipping.
To submit a claim, email email@example.com with the following:
- A written description and photograph of the defect.
- Either your order number or original sales receipt as proof of purchase.
Ecosa Mattress Customer Service
We’ve had a great experience with Ecosa customer service. We used the live chat feature a few times, and each time we were helped immediately. Here’s what customers have to say:
- “It was such an easy process from ordering to same day delivery, the courier was extremely pleasant and we love our new mattress. Highly recommend and big thank you.” -Natalie L.
- “Love the mattress and the customer service!” -Megan R.
- “The kids love their new Ecosa mattress. We are really happy with our mattress too and with the service.” -Jacqui B.
To contact Ecosa customer care, you can:
- Use their live chat feature at ecosa.com
- Email them at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Call them at 1-888-724-8861
Ecosa Mattress Return Policy
Ecosa offers full refunds with zero fees so long as you initiate the return during the 100-day trial period. Understand that Ecosa does not accept returns before you’ve had your mattress for 14 days.
Once your refund has been approved, Ecosa will arrange to have the Salvation Army pick it up for donation. After it’s been picked up, Ecosa will issue a refund to the original form of payment.
- “I was skeptical at first, but after sleeping on the mattress for seven weeks now, I’m definitely 100% happy with my purchase. The bed may feel very firm initially but you definitely get used to it, no more aches and pains when I wake up in the morning!” – Julia M.
- “I spent $3500 on my old spring mattress thinking it was an important investment so we need to spend a lot to ensure we get quality. How wrong I was. The Ecosa mattress is better quality, more affordable and better for my back.” – Daniel D.
- “We all know how a good sleep can affect our everyday lives and let’s say my old mattress (was only 4 years old) was giving me nightmares. The Ecosa mattress is amazing, so comfortable and no more sore back, best decision I’ve ever made.” -Mariam P.
- “We have had the best sleep since getting our new mattress, it is so comfy and supportive! We used to have the problem of both sinking into the middle of the bed – not anymore!” -Laura D
How do I adjust the mattress firmness?
To change the firmness, you must unzip the cover and rearrange the memory foam layers. Use the G7 memory foam layer on top for a medium feel, the ECO-Tex memory foam layer on top for a medium-firm feel, and the ergonomic HD support foam as the top layer for a firm mattress feel.
How do I clean the mattress cover?
The Ecosa cover is machine washable. Be sure to use room temperature water. If using a dryer to dry the item, avoid high heat, as this can melt, shrink or deform the fabric.
Do I need to rotate my mattress?
Ecosa states that there is no need to rotate the Ecosa bed.