10-year limited warranty
Breathable memory foam mattress
- Eve is a medium-firm foam mattress designed to relieve pressure and provide a cool sleeping surface.
- The current mattress design for Eve was achieved after 4 years of testing, adjustments, customer feedback and 70,000 prototypes.
- Eve mattresses also go through compression testing which simulates what 10 years of usage looks like. They’re so confident that this mattress will last 10 years that they offer a 10-year warranty.
Mattress Advisor score for the Eve
Here’s how the Eve mattress scored on different tests and evaluations. Each score is a rating out of 10 points. The total score is a weighted average that incorporates all of the functional and performance characteristics of the mattress. We break down the scores so you can see how the Eve mattress performed on specific tests and evaluations.
8.2 / 10
Eve mattress review
Take a deeper look into our review of the Eve mattress, including our methodology, scoring and mattress performance to help you determine if this could be the mattress for you.
Set up test
The Eve mattress took us just at a minute and a half to set up. Although it didn’t take its full shape instantly, there was a very slight smell. There wasn’t too much packaging and the mattress was pretty light and easy to move.
So for our setup test, Eve gets a 8 out of 10.
Motion Transfer Test
When we talk about motion transfer, we mean how much movement you feel if your partner is moving around. In order to have a peaceful night’s sleep, you want this to be pretty minimal.
Part A - The Humans
The Mattress Advisor motion transfer test is a two-part test. We start by asking both RJ and Asha to lie on the bed, blindfolded, and rate on a scale from 1 to 10 how much movement they felt when their partner was moving around with 10 being no movement at all.
Look how peaceful and undisturbed Asha looks as RJ climbs out of bed! RJ and Asha agreed that the Eve mattress kept motion transfer minimal. They gave it a collective score of 8.5.
Part B - The Wine
Next, comes our wine test. This is great visual indicator of how much motion is being transferred from one side of the bed to another.
We had RJ lie down and roll back and forth a few times. We then took a look at how much the wine inside of the glass moved.
That wine stayed crazy still! So we gave it a 9. We’ll cheers to that.
So for a total motion transfer score, we gave Eve a 8.75 out of 10.
Edge Support Test
When choosing a mattress, you may not think to consider how much support the edge provides. But if you find yourself sleeping on the edge of your bed or use the end to get ready in the morning, you should definitely consider how much edge support the bed provides.
The Mattress Advisor edge support test is divided into two parts.
Part A - The Shoe Test
First, we asked both RJ and Asha to sit on the edge of the bed to tie their shoes. They rated this task on a scale from one to ten, with 10 being “extremely easy, with exceptional edge support.”
According to RJ and Asha, the edge of the Eve mattress provided great support. So it scored a 9.25 for the edge shoe test.
Part B - The Side Test
Next, we had RJ and Asha lie on the edge of the bed in each sleeping position, side, stomach and back, to see if they could sleep comfortably in that section of the bed.
After stretching out on the side, RJ and Asha still agreed that this edge support was something worth bragging about. So for the edge support side, the Eve scored an 8.5.
So Eve gets a 8.9 out of 10 for edge support.
Pessure Relief Test
When shopping for a mattress, you’ll want to find something that puts minimal pressure on your hips, thighs and shoulders. No one likes waking up sore from their mattress. Let’s take a look at how well the Eve provides pressure relief.
We measure pressure relief by using a pressure mapping film that shows areas of high pressure. Here’s what you need to know: the cool spots are good and the warms spots are bad. The warmer the color, the more pressure is being placed on that area of the body.
We saw mainly blue and green on RJ, so we can’t complain. We gave him an 8 pressure relief.
As for Asha, we saw a little red in her shoulders, so we gave her a 6.5.
So for a total pressure relief score, Eve gets a 7.25 out of 10.
Spine Alignment Test
Did you know your sleeping posture is just as important as your posture when you are awake? For every mattress we test, we take a look at how well it keeps your spine in a straight line.
We took a close up of both RJ and Asha’s backs to see the alignment. In the best case scenario, you’ll see a straight line from the neck all the way to the tailbone.
RJ and Asha’s spines looked nearly straight with a minor upwards curve towards the base of the neck.
For spine alignment, Eve gets a 8.25 out of 10.
Responsiveness is just a fancy way of saying how well the mattress adjusts or responds to your sleeping positions while you sleep. This becomes important when considering how quickly and easily you get comfortable when moving around.
We had RJ and Asha lie in each sleeping position, side, stomach and back. As they changed positions and got settled in, we asked them to rate on a scale from one to ten how quickly and easily the mattress responded to their movement.
So Eve gets a 7 out of 10 for responsiveness.
The total Mattress Advisor score for the Eve mattress:
What to watch out for
- Eve may have a slight odor upon unboxing. This is normal and should go away within a few hours.
Eve sizes available
- Twin: $549
- Twin XL: $599
- Full : $799
- Queen: $899
- King: $1,099
- Cal King : $1,099
A look inside
Take a look at the materials used inside the Eve mattress. Layers are described from top to bottom:
- Adaptable fabric top cover: Breathable, temperature regulating cover that is naturally anti-allergenic and washable.
- Breathable memory foam: Open cell structure provides a cooler sleep and pressure relieving properties
- Cooling foam layer: Wicks away moisture and heat to help balance your body temperature while you sleep
- Supportive base layer: Provides durability and structure for the mattress
- Anti-slip base: The bottom of the mattress cover is coated with an anti-slip material to help keep it steady on your foundation
For more information on the materials used to make the Eve and a behind-the-scenes look at the Eve production facility, take a look at this video.
What Eve customers have to say
- “I was skeptical at first, but the mattress is amazing. It gives my back a lot of support. I would definitely recommend people to buy this.” – Francis P.
- “My boyfriend and I got the king size mattress and I’ve honestly never slept better. We’ve had it for about two weeks now and I’ve fallen right to sleep every night and woken up feeling refreshed and ready for the day; although it is so comfy it is sometimes hard to actually get up! Highly recommend this mattress!” – Rilee N.
- “I bought this mattress over a year ago, I have no complaints. I am 5’5 115lbs for the first year I lived alone and it was perfect-not too hard not too soft. Now my boyfriend moved in and there is still no complaints. It is the king. regardless of how long it lasts, I feel I got my money’s worth!” – Angela B.
Read all reviews here.
The finer print
The Eve mattress ships free throughout the US and should arrive at your doorstep within 5-7 business days.
Eve comes compressed and rolled up in a box. Simply unbox, unroll and watch the mattress spring to life! Note that it can take up to 5 hours for the mattress to take its full shape.
Eve is compatible with most foundations, but a slatted base is recommended to experience the full benefits of the mattress. Gaps between slats should not exceed 7 cm. If you decide to use a box spring, make sure it is in good, sturdy condition.
If you’re not in love with your Eve mattress, you can return it for a full refund before your 100 night trial period is over. Eve will come to your house to pick up the mattress for you.
The Eve mattress comes with a 10-year limited warranty.
The cover on the Eve mattress can be unzipped and washed.
- Made in the USA.
- The foams used to make the Eve mattress are CertiPUR-US Certified, meaning they are good for you and the environment.
Other products sold by Eve
If you have more questions about the Eve mattress, check out their FAQ page or leave us a comment below.
Customer rating is derived from reviews on Sleepeve.com.
By clicking on the product links in this article, Mattress Advisor may receive a commission fee at no cost to you, the reader. Read full disclosure statement.