eve Mattress Review
eve Mattress Review
✔️Last updated: January 2023
|✔️ Customer Rating: 4.5/5|
|✔️ Mattress Advisor Score: 8.2/10|
|✔️ Type: Memory foam|
|✔️ Firmness: Medium-firm|
|✔️ Free Shipping & Returns|
|✔️ 100-Night Sleep Trial|
|✔️ 10-Year Warranty|
Get $100 off!
Our assessment: The eve original mattress is great for those looking to take the leap into memory foam without breaking the bank. It’s best suited to stomach and back sleepers and will keep hot sleepers cool. You get a 100-night trial period and free returns, so trying out the eve is risk-free.
Who Is the eve Mattress Best for?
|eve is best for:||eve may not be best for:|
eve Mattress Review Highlights
The eve original mattress is a three layer all-foam bed by the online mattress company of the same name. The eve company launched in the UK in 2015, and has grown in popularity thanks to a simple, cozy construction and affordable prices.
In this review, we’ll go over how well the eve mattress performed in our lab tests and evaluations as well as some FAQs, pros and cons, sizing and pricing, and much more.
Our favorite things:
- The eve performed above average in all of the factors that we tested during our review process.
- The eve mattress is lightweight and easy to transport through tight spots like narrow stairways and small doorways.
- The eve is priced competitively and is backed by a 10-year warranty.
- You get 100 nights to sleep on the eve mattress in the comfort of your own home before deciding if it’s right for you. Plus, eve will pick up the mattress and refund you if it’s not the perfect fit.
During our review process, we evaluate all of the performance and functionality factors that mattress shoppers want to know about. Our total Mattress Advisor score is a weighted average of all 14 categories listed below.
|Mattress Advisor Test||Score (Out of 10)|
⭐Total Score for the eve Mattress: 8.2/10⭐
The Pros and the Cons
- Motion Transfer: The eve mattress keeps movement isolated near its source, which minimizes disruptions from sleeping partners, restless pets, and kiddos.
- Edge Support: Never fear slipping off the edge of this mattress; it earned top marks for edge support.
- Spine Alignment: Good sleeping posture at night equals fewer back aches during the day. Rest assured that the eve will keep your spine in a healthy alignment through the night.
- Cooling: Open cell foam keeps the eve mattress much cooler than other traditional memory foam mattresses.
- Responsiveness: You only get moderate responsiveness on the eve mattress, which can cause some sleepers to feel stuck in the foam.
- Off-Gassing: Some customers noticed an off-gassing scent after they took their new mattress out of the box, but it went away after a few hours.
Listen up couples—this category is for you! Motion transfer tests help you to determine the likelihood that your partner’s midnight bathroom trip will disrupt your R.E.M. cycle.
We evaluate motion transfer by asking one tester to lie on the bed blindfolded while another tester rolls around on the mattress surface. Both of our couples said that they could feel a small amount of movement but not enough to be bothered.
Have you ever woken up with stiff shoulders and achy hips? Your mattress probably didn’t provide enough pressure relief. We measure pressure relief using a heat map on the surface of the mattress. Cooler tones indicate low pressure zones, and warmer tones show high pressure zones.
We saw mainly blue and green during our first pressure test, but noticed a little red near our tester’s shoulders during our second test, so we gave the eve 7.25/10 for pressure relief.
Edge support is an important category if you sleep with someone who hogs the bed (not naming any names) or if you simply like to use your bed as an improvised lounge chair.
According to our testers, the edge of the eve mattress provided great support while sitting and lying near the edge of the bed, though they felt a tiny bit more secure when sitting on the edge versus lying. So for edge support, the eve scored an 8.5/10.
The eve mattress has a medium-firm feel. We call this the “Goldilocks” firmness level because it has a “just right” blend of cushion and support for all sleep positions.
What Sleeping Position Feels Best on eve?
Back and stomach sleepers will feel the most comfortable on the eve. It doesn’t provide quite enough pressure point relief for side sleepers, but this could easily be resolved by adding a plush foam topper.
This bed is not the best option for combination sleepers either due to its mediocre performance in our responsiveness test. For other options, head over to our recommendations below.
Heat Retention and Temperature Regulation
We were surprised at how well the eve mattress prevents heat retention. Normally this is a big complaint with memory foam beds, but the open cell structure of the foam layers enables warm air to escape out of the mattress. The eve surface isn’t cool-to-touch, but the airflow and breathability are effective enough for us to confidently give it a score of 8/10 for being a cooling mattress.
Will It Support Your Body Type?
We recommend memory foam mattresses with a depth of 10” or less only to those with small or average body types. Plus-sized sleepers generally get better support on hybrid mattresses or foam mattresses with a depth of 12” or more.
With that said, eve designed their mattress to support sleepers weighing up to 20 stone (130kg), or a combined maximum weight of 40 stone (260kg).
Best Foundations and Bed Frames to Use
The eve mattress works the best on a platform bed or wooden slatted bed. Make sure that the slats are no more than 3” apart. The eve is not a good fit for box springs or adjustable bed bases, as these don’t adequately support the weight of the mattress and can cause sagging.
Inside the Mattress Design
The eve mattress has a simple design, including two layers of CertiPUR certified foam.
- Top Cover: The eve mattress cover is breathable, moisture wicking, and antiallergenic. The top of the cover can be unzipped and machine washed, and the bottom of the cover is non slip.
- Comfort Layer: The top layer is made with evecomfort memory foam, which eve claims is 30 times more breathable than traditional memory foam.
- Transition Layer: The second memory foam layer is conforming and pressure relieving.
- Base Layer: The support foam foundation is divided into seven ergonomic zones. It’s also denser than the other foam layers, which prevents sinkage and adds durability.
eve Mattress Sizes, Dimensions, and Pricing
|UK Single||90 X 190 X 24 cm||16.8kg||£429 / 557|
|Small Double||120 X 190 X 24 cm||22.4kg||£629 / 817|
|UK Double||135 X 190 X 24 cm||24.7kg||£699 / 908|
|UK King||150 X 200 X 24 cm||27.9kg||£799 / 1038|
|Super King||180 X 200 X 24 cm||34kg||£899 / 1168|
|Emperor||200 X 200 X 24 cm||37.2kg||£899 / 1168|
*Prices do not reflect exclusive offers or discounts. Click below to see the best price for the eve mattress.
The eve mattress was delivered compressed and rolled in a box. It took us just a minute and a half to set it up. There wasn’t too much packaging, and the mattress was pretty light and easy to move. We noticed a slight smell, but it was gone within a few hours. It took four to six hours to fully inflate.
Tip: The side with the eve label is the side you sleep on.
eve Buying Guide
Here’s all you need to know when buying an eve mattress.
|Trial Period||100 nights|
|Return Policy||Free returns|
|Financing||12 months, 0.0% interest|
Is Shipping Free?
For the most part, eve mattress shipping is free, but you may notice an extra fee added at checkout if you live in a particularly remote area. You’re able to choose from flexible delivery times, ranging from 8AM–7PM. You can also add old mattress removal at checkout for £35.
eve mattress customers get a 100-night trial period, which begins on the day your mattress is delivered. During this time, you can return or exchange your mattress.
How Long Is the Warranty?
If the eve is a good fit for you, it’s protected by a 10-year warranty that begins when you receive your new mattress. The warranty covers unraveled stitches, sags deeper than 2.5cm, cracks in the foam, and broken zippers.
To make a claim, visit the eve website and fill out the warranty form. If your claim is accepted, eve will repair or replace your mattress for no extra cost. You can also upgrade to a more expensive eve mattress by paying the difference in price.
How Is Customer Service?
We’ve had only friendly and professional encounters with the eve customer service team. They don’t have a web chat feature, so bear in mind that it may take a few days to hear back if you email them questions at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also call the eve team at 0208 036 5535.
Is It Easy to Return?
Eve tries to keep mattress returns hassle-free, so they pick up your used mattress in any condition and issue you a full refund (minus any shipping costs). Just make sure you’re home during the scheduled pick up time, otherwise you’ll be charged a £30 fee.
Once the mattress return is processed, you’ll see your refund within three days for debit cards, seven days for credit cards, two days for Paypal, and 14 days if you used financing.
Should You Buy eve?
The eve is a fairly comfortable mattress for all kinds of sleepers. We especially recommend it to back sleepers, stomach sleepers, and those with back pain.
It’s not the best mattress for side sleepers, since it doesn’t provide as much pressure relief as other memory foam mattresses out there. If you’re a side sleeper, consider a softer mattress like the Casper.
We looked at a handful of different mattresses to see how the eve compares. These are all quality mattresses, but they each have different strengths.
- The Temper-Cloud is predictably much more expensive than the eve, but it provides better motion isolation and pressure relief. On the flip side, eve offers better edge support and temperature regulation.
- The Simba mattress is another UK favourite. It’s a bit more expensive than the eve and features an additional microcoil layer that improves pressure relief and responsiveness.
- The Nectar memory foam mattress offers better pressure relief and a 365 day trial period, but the eve sleeps cooler and supports better sleeping posture. They’re priced similarly.
- The Leesa original memory foam mattress outperforms the eve in every category except edge support; however, the eve is more affordable, and Leesa recently stopped selling their mattresses in the UK.
- The Casper mattress earned high marks across the board. It provides better pressure relief than the eve, but the eve sleeps cooler. You’ll also pay more for a Casper mattress.
eve Mattress FAQs
Are eve mattresses available in the United States?
Eve is a UK-based company, so they only sell eve sleep products in the UK, Ireland, and France. You can opt to have an eve mattress delivered via a third party carrier, but there will be customs fees and taxes. Plus, the trial period is only available in countries where eve operates. Customers in the US are better off shopping for comparable mattress brands available in the US, like Tuft & Needle or Studio by Leesa.
How do I care for my eve mattress?
To clean the top cover of the mattress, zip it off and wash it at 40⁰C. The side panels are spot clean only. Make sure you don’t wet the memory foam, as this will void your warranty. We also recommend using a waterproof mattress protector and rotating your mattress head to toe once a month for the first year and twice a year after that.