Latex mattress with gel memory foam
Medium-firm - firm: 6.5/10
20-year limited warranty
Affordable latex mattress
- GhostBed offers the responsiveness and cooling benefits of latex, but also the contouring benefits of memory foam (its second layer).
- It has above average cooling and responsiveness benefits compared to similar mattresses.
- Fun fact: the owner of GhostBed used to be afraid of ghosts hiding under his bed as a kid, which is how the name “GhostBed” was created.
Mattress Advisor score for the GhostBed
Here’s how the GhostBed mattress scored on different tests and evaluations. Each score is a rating out of 10 points. The total score is a weighted average that incorporates all of the functional and performance characteristics of the mattress. We break down the scores so you can see how the GhostBed mattress performed on specific tests and evaluations.
8.6 / 10
GhostBed mattress review
Take a look at our GhostBed mattress review and see how it performed in our testing to help you determine if this could be the mattress for you.
GhostBed recommends laying the mattress on a flat surface or good condition box spring/foundation that will maintain the mattress lifespan. The mattress can be placed on a box spring/foundation with slats no longer than 4″ apart, platform bed or the floor for good results.
GhostBed also offers an adjustable base that is compatible with this mattress.
What makes GhostBed different from other mattresses?
GhostBed was developed with over 15 years of research and design/development innovations by mattress industry leaders at Nature’s Sleep. With its focus on quality and durability, GhostBed offers a 20-year limited warranty, which is higher than most other mattresses in its category.
What to watch out for
- If you’re in the market for a latex mattress because you’re trying to go green, be aware that the GhostBed isn’t as natural as some of its category competitors, but it is more affordable.
GhostBed sizes available
- Twin: $495
- Twin XL: $650
- Full: $775
- Queen: $795
- King: $975
- Cal King: $995
A look inside
The GhostBed is made with quality latex and foam materials designed for optimum support, responsiveness and cooling. Its layers include:
- Cover – soft, breathable fabric; wicks away heat and moisture
- Top layer – aerated synthetic rubber latex; absorbs pressure
- Middle layer – cooling gel memory foam; pressure-relief, comfort and cooling
- Bottom layer – high-density foam; support and durability
What GhostBed customers have to say
GhostBed mattress reviews on comfort:
- “Ghost Bed was super simple to set up and it instantly grew to form. It’s super soft to touch and extremely comfortable. My sleep has improved and I wake up relaxed and pain-free. Love this bed! It’s boo-tastic!” – Audra W.
- “Could not be happier with the GhostBed mattress. My wife and I were skeptical about all the hype, but decided to take a shot based on the apparent value offered by GhostBed both in price point and the extent to which they stand behind their product. We bought the king size mattress, foundation, and 2 GhostPillows. This bed actually delivered. We both sleep more soundly, and sleeping on this bed has even helped alleviate some of the problems I have with my neck and back. One thing I can say is that the pillows are absolutely worth it. The bed was incredibly comfortable before the pillows arrived, but once we slept on it with the GhostPillows, it took on a whole new level of comfort. They just compliment each other perfectly. The foundation is very sturdy. You don’t see products very often anymore that are overbuilt like this is. Assembly was pretty simple and quick. We love our GhostBed and we can’t stop talking about it with our family and friends.”- Michael L.
GhostBed mattress reviews from customers with back pain:
- “We knew we needed a new mattress, did the homework, listened to our chiropractor and bought this one. Both of us are waking up without the aches and pains and sleeping more soundly. Quality and materials are first rate AND watching it come to life out of the box–very cool!” – Rebecca Z
- “Most comfortable mattress I have ever experienced. I have back issues, so this product is exactly what I needed. Just the right firmness yet still conforms to my body. I would recommend it to anyone.” – Lyn H.
- “I have to say, it has been the best investment I’ve made in the past year. I have slept on it for a couple of months now and it’s the best sleep I’ve had in a long time. No more back pain and it even helps give my shoulder (recently had surgery) support and relief.” – Rafael
BGhosted mattress reviews on sleep quality:
- “This bed was so easy to set up and has made so much of a difference in my sleep and how my body feels in the morning! I love my bed!” – Theresa H.
- “My first night sleep felt like I had somehow landed on a cloud. I slept through the night and have slept through every night since (Except the one where I had the bright idea to drink 3 cups of coffee before bed) its the perfect bed for a perfect night of sleep. I no longer dread going to sleep at night, instead I look forward to sleeping on my Ghost bed!” – Brian M.
- “After years of looking for the best mattress to rest my huge body… I finally get to rest, sleep and wake up happy and with no pains, I’m a heavy side sleeper and can recommend GhostBed with eyes closed.” – Ramon A.
Read more reviews here.
The finer print
The GhostBed ships free to the lower 48 states and should arrive at your door in 3-5 days.
The GhostBed mattress comes compressed, rolled and boxed. You will simply unbox the mattress, unroll it on your foundation (if you’re using one), and it will spring to life. Once you open your GhostBed mattress from the sealed vac-pac packaging, it may take a few hours to a full day for it to fully expand, breathe and adjust to your room’s temperature.
If you decide the GhostBed is not for you after 30 days and before the 101-day trial period, you can contact them to have your mattress picked up for free and receive a full refund. Note: this only applies to orders placed directly through GhostBed.
The GhostBed comes with a 20-year limited warranty.
The cover of the GhostBed can be spot cleaned with water and mild detergent. Make sure you give it time to dry before placing it back on the mattress. Do not tumble dry and do not bleach.
- Made in the USA.
- All of the foams used in the Ghostbed mattress are 100% CertiPUR-US certified, meaning they are good for you and the environment.
- As part of GhostBed’s referral program, you can get $50 when someone you refer buys the mattress (they’ll get $50 off through your referral link as well).
GhostBed mattress FAQs
How does the 101-night trial work?
From the day that your GhostBed mattress is delivered, you will have 101 nights to decide if the mattress is right for you. If you decide to return the mattress, you’ll simply contact the GhostBed customer support team within your trial period window and they will walk you through the return process. A representative will arrange for your mattress to be picked up from your home and donated to a local charity in need. You won’t need to put the mattress back in the box it came in.
Does the Ghostbed mattress sleep hot?
The GhostBed is designed to provide a cool sleeping surface. Each cover is stitched with breathable moisture wicking micron fabric. The aerated latex layer is designed to promote airflow that specifically lets out warmer air and circulates cooler air in.
While temperature depends a lot on the type of sleeper you are and the sheets/comforter you use on top of your mattress, the technology used to make the GhostBed is designed to keep you cool while you sleep.
Does the Ghostbed mattress have a break-in period?
Your GhostBed may take a few hours to a full day for it to fully expand, breathe and adjust to your room’s temperature. While you can sleep on it almost immediately, it can take up to 30 days to fully break in your new mattress. During this time, your body will get used to the new mattress feel and the mattress will have time to fully take shape and provide all the benefits it was designed to offer.
Can I finance my Ghostbed mattress?
You can finance your GhostBed for as low as $67/month at 0% APR through Affirm. Simply select the “Prequalify Now” button at checkout and you will be guided through the financing process to see if you’re eligible.
Will I need to flip my Ghostbed mattress?
Nope! The GhostBed is meant to be used on one side only.
How much weight can the Ghostbed mattress support?
When placed on a strong foundation, the GhostBed mattress can support up to 750 lbs. For customers over 300 pounds, it’s recommended that you purchase the king-size GhostBed.
Other products sold by GhostBed
- GhostBed also sells a cooling mattress called the GhostBed Luxe ($1,475 for queen), as well as bedding accessories: a pillow ($85), a bed foundation ($225 for queen), sheets ($185 for queen), an adjustable base ($799 for queen), and a mattress protector ($100 for queen).
If you have more questions about our GhostBed mattress review leave us a comment below.
Customer rating is derived from Google Reviews on the GhostBed mattress.
By clicking on the product links in this article, Mattress Advisor may receive a commission fee at no cost to you, the reader. Read full disclosure statement.