Hybrid: foam and coils
Medium firm: 6/10
10-year limited warranty
Hybrid mattress built for plus size sleepers
Helix Plus (Nightfall) highlights
- The Helix Plus is one of nine new mattress models recently launched by Helix.
- The Plus is a specialty mattress designed specifically for plus size and big & tall sleepers. This mattress is made with higher density materials and adds an extra support layer of Helix Dynamic Foam that contours to your body.
Mattress Advisor score for the Helix Plus (Nightfall)
Mattress Advisor Score for the Plus
Here’s how the Plus mattress scored on different tests and evaluations. Our score is a weighted average out of 10 that incorporates functional and performance characteristics of the mattress, as well as a social responsibility score, which takes into account social mission, community involvement and charitable partnerships.
8.0 / 10
The best foundations to use with your Helix mattress include a bunkie board with a box spring or any support system with firm, flat and thick slats. If you decide to use a slatted foundation, slats should be no wider than 5 inches apart – anything longer may cause sagging and could potentially void your warranty.
What makes Helix Plus (Nightfall) different from other mattresses?
- The Plus mattress is known for its maximum support. It provides an extra durability layer to support those with higher BMIs.
- With the Helix Color-MATCH system, you can find a bed that’s made just for you, literally. By completing the Helix Sleeping Quiz, which factors in biological measurements and comfort preferences, Helix will determine which mattress matches your firmness, support and pressure relief needs.
- If you’re sharing your bed with a sleeping partner, you have the option to choose a dual comfort mattress (which personalizes each side of the bed based on test results).
- Are you a hot sleeper? If so, you can upgrade the outer cover of your Helix mattress to the Ultra-Cool knit cover to keep you from waking up in those midnight sweats.
What to watch out for
- Note that there may be a slight odor after you unbox your Helix Plus. This should go away within a few hours.
Helix Plus (Nightfall) sizes available
- Twin: $700
- Twin XL: $850
- Full: $995
- Queen: $1,190
- King: $1,440
- Cal King: $1,440
A look inside
- Helix Two-Layer Cover: The Helix Plus is topped with a dual-layer cover that can be zipped off. The stretchable top layer is soft to the touch, while the lower layer promotes airflow and breathability.
- Comfort Layer 1.0 – The first of the two comfort layers is one inch of Helix Dynamic Foam, a special latex-foam hybrid designed to be denser and contour to your body.
- Comfort Layer 2.0 – The second of the two comfort layers is one inch of Ultra-Dense Memory Plus Foam, a special Helix blend designed to relieve pressure.
- 1’’ High-Grade Polyfoam Transition Layer – Next you’ll find the transition layer made of high-grade polyfoam with a higher IFD (aka Indention Force Reflexion) designed to support those with higher BMIs. This layer provides ergonomic support and cushion.
- 8’’ XL Pocket-coil Unit – This layer is made of 660* individually wrapped pocket-coils to help cradle your body and limit motion transfer. The outer coils reinforce the perimeter of the mattress to provide edge support.
- 1’’ DuraDense Foam Base Layer: The bottom layer of the Plus mattress is made of dense memory foam that provides overall durability and support.
What Helix Plus (Nightfall) customers have to say
- “I bought a Helix mattress and have been really happy with it! I am pretty demanding with mattresses – I am short, pretty heavy for my size and sleep face down. The initial survey was able to capture all these characteristics and provided my ideal mattress. So far I have slept like a baby every night!” – Phil
- “I bought this mattress because it was customized to my body. Because of that, I thought it would hold up longer. I am 6’1″ and weigh 260 lbs. My wife at 6’1″ and 160 doesn’t seem to have a problem with any mattress, however, there is a divot where I sleep.” – Caleb
- “I did not know that my previous bed was so horrible. I now have a Helix and now I cannot wake up. I am sleeping so hard, deep and comfortable that waking up and wanting to get out of bed is difficult because I simply am so comfortable. Also, I did not know that a mattress could help with aches and pains. I had shoulder and lower back pain for years and just assumed that it was a part of my life. Guess what? It is not a part of my life any longer. I am now a believer and am so happy that I decided to buy a Helix bed. One of my best purchases for sure. No regrets!” – John
Read more reviews.
The finer print
The Helix Plus comes with free delivery and should arrive at your doorstep within 3-7 business days.
The Helix Plus mattress comes compressed and rolled up in a box. You will simply open casing, unroll the mattress and watch it spring to life.
If you’re not in love with your Helix Plus mattress, you can return it for a full refund within your 100-night trial period. Helix will arrange for a representative to come to your home to pick up your mattress and donate it to a local charity. Helix asks you give the mattress a try for at least 30 nights.
Helix mattresses come with a 10-year limited warranty.
The cover of Helix Plus Mattress is removable and machine washable.
- Made in the USA.
- The foams used to make Helix mattresses are CertiPUR-US Certified, meaning they are good for you and the environment.
- The Helix PLUS is one of the best mattresses for heavy people.
- If you feel like your Helix mattress is too soft or too firm after the 30-day break-in period, Helix will provide a complimentary soft or firm topper that you can add over top of your mattress during your 100-night trial. This doesn’t void the trial in any way, and you can still process a return/refund if you continue having issues.
- Helix offers a referral program for spreading the word about their mattress: for every friend you refer who ends up buying the mattress, your friend will get a $50 discount on their purchase and you’ll get a $50 Amazon gift card. You can learn more about the program here.
Frequently Asked Questions
How does the helix color-match system work?
Helix, with the help of some of the world’s leading researchers on sleep ergonomics (aka the study of the correct anatomical sleeping posture) and biomechanics (or the study of structure and function of the product), has developed a mattress matching algorithm to pair you with the best mattress for your body type and sleeping style.
Using their informative Sleep Quiz, Helix combines your biological needs for pressure relief and support with your comfort preferences to recommend the perfect mattress model for you!
How does the 100-night sleep trial work?
From the day your Helix mattress is delivered, you will have 100 nights to decide if the mattress is right for you. If you decide to return your Helix, you’ll simply contact the customer support team within your trial period window and they will walk you through the return process. A representative will arrange for your mattress to be picked up from your home and donated to a local charity in need. You won’t need to put the mattress back in the box it came in.
DO I NEED TO be home to receive my MATTRESS?
All Helix packages are sent via UPS Ground. There is no need for a signature. However, UPS reserves the right to obtain a signature if they believe they can’t deliver your package safely.
DO I NEED TO FLIP THE HELIX MATTRESS?
It is not recommended that you flip your Helix mattress, as your personalized construction is built on top of a supportive base layer. The blue fabric should always be the bottom part of the mattress, with the white fabric should be on top. The order of the layers in your Helix Mattress is critical to maintaining the integrity of your individual design.
DOES THE HELIX MATTRESS HAVE A BREAK-IN PERIOD?
It does – in fact, all mattresses do! It can take up to 30 days to fully break in your new mattress. During this time, your body will get used to the new mattress feel and the mattress will have time to fully take shape and provide all the benefits it was designed to offer.
HOW MUCH WEIGHT CAN THE HELIX Plus MATTRESS SUPPORT?
The Helix Plus mattress can support up to 1000 lbs of combined weight and 500 lbs for an individual sleeper.
CAN I FINANCE MY HELIX MATTRESS?
You can finance your Helix through Klarna. To take advantage of financing options, select “Pay With Klarna” at checkout, follow the prompts, and enter some basic information for an instant loan decision. You can get approved for a rate as low as 0% APR.
If you decide to finance your mattress, you will not be able to apply discount codes or promotions to your order.
*Klarna loans are not currently available for residents of West Virginia and New Hampshire
HOW LONG CAN I KEEP MY HELIX MATTRESS IN THE BOX?
You should make sure that you unbox your Helix within two weeks of receiving your package. Spending too much time in the packaging can affect the resilience of the mattress, preventing it from taking its full shape.
Other products sold by Helix
If you have more questions about the Helix Plus mattress, check out their FAQ page or leave us a comment below.
Customer Rating derived from Helix.com.
By clicking on the product links in this article, Mattress Advisor may receive a commission fee at no cost to you, the reader. Read full disclosure statement.